Bobby

Mikey1874

I thought he was outstanding. 

Very calm with the massed hoards behind him. Nicely handed whatever was thrown at him to ref. Probably had more thrown at him too. 

Steven McLean could do nothing about his goal kicks. Within the rules and showed enough urgency to avoid a booking. 

Extra marks for coming out to back Dikamona when Naismith was having go at him after he cleared instead of heading back. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I thought he was outstanding. 

Very calm with the massed hoards behind him. Nicely handed whatever was thrown at him to ref. Probably had more thrown at him too. 

Steven McLean could do nothing about his goal kicks. Within the rules and showed enough urgency to avoid a booking. 

Extra marks for coming out to back Dikamona when Naismith was having go at him after he cleared instead of heading back. 

Good post.

He looked the part today.

Importantly he made a good save at his near post second half - not sure if JP would’ve done the same.

if tonight is anything to go by we’re ditching the sweeper keeper so better to have Bobby as a shot stopper between the sticks

There was no nonsense but he wasn't really tested much other than the one shot Rangers had on target that forced a save by the near post.

He played the ball out from the back when appropriate but most of the time was a kick up the park. Not as powerful a kicker as Pereira but it worked and Naismith was winning a number of flicks on.

There was a calmness to the defence that hasn't been around for a while, even after a forced change when Souttar went off. A clean sheet against one of the top teams in the league in a cup tie that would've kept their trophy hunt going.

12 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Looked badly out of position at the Greg Stewart chance tbf

Greg Stewart chance? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Has to be our number 1 for the rest of the season. 

At least a level or 2 above Joel for me. 

Top shitehousery from him in the 2nd half too. Just the sort of stuff McGregor gets away with in every match which made the fury from the mutants behind him all the more ironic and amusing. 

2 minutes ago, livi said:

Did anybody notice he was straight down the tunnel at the end.  Didn't stay out to celebrate with the other players. Strange. 

He’s the grass. NAP. 😀

Maybe needed a pee

10 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Importantly he made a good save at his near post second half - not sure if JP would’ve done the same.

if tonight is anything to go by we’re ditching the sweeper keeper so better to have Bobby as a shot stopper between the sticks

Pereira would have weakly patted the ball back to Sevconian feet.  Happy to stick with Bobby, he makes mistakes sometimes but the defence looked much more comfortable with him in goal.  JP has the CBs panicking every time.

Just now, WaikatoJambo said:

Pereira would have weakly patted the ball back to Sevconian feet.  Happy to stick with Bobby, he makes mistakes sometimes but the defence looked much more comfortable with him in goal.  JP has the CBs panicking every time.

Just more simple at the back now. Shot stopper in goal. Who punts the ball upfield. Simples. We don’t have Man City or Liverpool’s goalie between our sticks...

been here before

Never had much to do but what he did do he done well. Changing goal kick sides aws great as was his noising up of ra peepul.

Bobby, Bobby....

Our best keeper by distance.

His game management tonight was good and did everything that was asked of him. Came out and collected a few balls to take pressure off too.

chester copperpot
17 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Rangers fans chucked more money at Bobby than they did trying to avoid liquidation.

:lol:

bravo sir, bravo

Bazzas right boot

Think rangers have had about 4 shots on target over 3 games at Tynecastle this season 😂😂😂

Bobby was confident today and competent, done his job. 

Not tested much tho. 

Done his best work winding up the huns 2nd half with his goal kicks. 

Well done. 

Happier with Bobby in goals. 

but he had absolutely nothing to do today as Rangers were so poor. 

the save in the second half he made was actually going wide as I was sitting right behind it. 

Hit with a coin and stayed on his feet!! PHM!!
None of this getting hit in the jacket and throwing yourself to the touch line holding your face 

1 hour ago, livi said:

Did anybody notice he was straight down the tunnel at the end.  Didn't stay out to celebrate with the other players. Strange. 

Off to bank the money donated by the Rangers fans.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Rangers fans chucked more money at Bobby than they did trying to avoid liquidation.

:lol:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, livi said:

He was bursting on a pish.

Outstanding?

He's had nothing to do all game and simply booted it up the park whenever it was passed to him. That should be the very least a keeper is capable of doing.

Don't get me wrong, that's 10 times better than what 'El Gato' has been serving us for weeks, but let's not get carried away.

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

He was relatively good today although he wasn't tested much. I always feel he has a mistake in him but give him his due he did well.

Sadly this...

Horatio Caine
39 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Happier with Bobby in goals. 

but he had absolutely nothing to do today as Rangers were so poor. 

the save in the second half he made was actually going wide as I was sitting right behind it. 

I thought it was only Huns that were right behind that goal?

15 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Outstanding?

He's had nothing to do all game and simply booted it up the park whenever it was passed to him. That should be the very least a keeper is capable of doing.

Don't get me wrong, that's 10 times better than what 'El Gato' has been serving us for weeks, but let's not get carried away.

3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

He did everything he was asked tonight with zero fuss and a calmness we've not seen for a while. A mature and composed performance. 

A keeper can set the tone for the whole team. 

Defoe’s a clever laddie 😘😂😂

Kept running to get the ball and spot it for Bobby only for Bobby to move it to the other side, not just once, but twice

nugget 😂😂😂

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

I was right behind it and it was a good save, was hitting the outside of the post so they didnt have a shot on target. He looked good tonight.

Diadora Van Basten

Heart was in my mouth when Rangers had a shot then I remembered we had a goalkeeper who is able to save a shot and relaxed as he saved it easily.