Uche

Greedy Jambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

‘Sulking to the papers as suspected’.  😄 What’s the evidence it was him or, indeed, any player?

He was the one totally evicted from the squad without an injury. Suspected is the key word :)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bull's-eye

• been here before

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

A handsome fella. Get the impression he is a good lad too

Really nice lad and desperate to get back in.

He is fit and ready to go, only sidelined now as a precaution.

His confidence must be through the roof as well having to put up with me telling him how good a player he is for ninety minutes 😍😍😍

Edited by Bull's-eye

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He was the one totally evicted from the squad without an injury. Suspected is the key word :)

I know. 😎

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

A handsome fella. Get the impression he is a good lad too

He seems sound. He had a bit of stick in his time with us but a lot of that was due to a whole new defence needing to gel together. Daniel rated him though with suggests he's a good un.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

If he's turned up to watch the game then I wouldn't necessarily say there's a rift.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

If he's turned up to watch the game then I wouldn't necessarily say there's a rift.

He was in the Motherwell end.

Pasquale for King

I couldn’t believe what I was reading last season when he was interviewed in the programme and said he’s “nearly the finished article” 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈.

Poundland Mark De Vries.

Edited by Pasquale for King

I don’t want to slaughter the big guy cause if you could bottle his enthusiasm and effort you’d make a lot of money. He’s gave us a few memorable goals, his goals against hibs and his goal in the semi final. For that I wish him no ill will. He just isn’t a player for this level, Doige has more than double the amount of goals as Uche and he’s been in the Scottish game only 8 months. A player many on here regard as a donkey. Thanks for the effort big man. 

1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

He also seemed to be way more composed. He turned up against Cowdenbeath, turned and curled one bottom corner. Then against Inverness he scored a relaxed volley and a well placed header. Then, for the past 18 months he's maybe been one of the worst shooters of a football I've seen at Tynecastle, with him just swiping and ballooning everything.

He's also relentlessly fouled but not given anything by our hopeless refs.

Yes he goes down easy

No he's not the greatest finisher

Given  choice between him, Wighton and MacLean I'd have picked him. Him, Boyce, Naismith or Washington he's bottom of that pecking order

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

He seems sound. He had a bit of stick in his time with us but a lot of that was due to a whole new defence needing to gel together. Daniel rated him though with suggests he's a good un.

28 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Toby was in the good seats, Uche had a worse seat than me, just saying :)

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Toby was in the good seats, Uche had a worse seat than me, just saying :)

No wonder his missus didnt know what to make of it!

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Uche could have been a great player had the officials given him the fouls that were committed against him. Too often they went the other way when he was being pushed or held.

Too much ofc the ball wrestling and nonesense. 

Painful to watch, if he actually played the ball he might do better. 

He never really learned that either. 

Shame. 

Calebs Grandad

Overall opinion of the big guy seems to indicate it’s very unlikely any quote from him will adorn the walls of Tynecastle unlike Mackay and Cumming in my humble opinion. 

There’s a player in there with better coaching could be a valuable player for us.

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, Thought Police said:

He also seemed to be way more composed. He turned up against Cowdenbeath, turned and curled one bottom corner. Then against Inverness he scored a relaxed volley and a well placed header. Then, for the past 18 months he's maybe been one of the worst shooters of a football I've seen at Tynecastle, with him just swiping and ballooning everything.

He scored a couple of nice goals done nothing after ? Seemed to think he was in the comfort zone  and basically  done nothing after about january 2019   on his way out  I think.

been here before
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

There’s a player in there with better coaching could be a valuable player for us.

Bingo

Y-e-e-e-e-s!!!!  👏

Has it really taken 6 pages for that to come up?

Next we're playing for the four corners and a 'kick on'.

KyleLafferty

Has shown In 2 years that either, he can’t learn, doesn’t want to learn or hasn’t been coached properly. Maybe he’s out the team till he takes in the information.

I really hope we keep him. He gives us something we, or indeed any other team in the league do not have. Not dynamic or an 'all rounder' but he is what he is and I like him.

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Should be putting them in regular with his nut,  hes big and powerful enough, but it's something they could work on ? Him attacking decent crosses ,,,

The goal he set up for Lafferty against celtic when he held off about 3 players was sublime skill. I really thought we’d unearthed a gem. Sadly nothing or not much of note since apart from his semi final goal, against the sheep and the equaliser at fester.  I wonder if the fracture at Motherwell contributed to his demise as he’s not been the same player since? On current and recent form the lumbering ox wouldn’t look out of place in the junior leagues. 

On 06/03/2020 at 21:17, OldGorgie said:

Uche does a great impression of desperate dan. I’ll miss his mighty blooters into the Gorgie stand at pre match practice. Great pre match entertainment.

On one of my rare ventures north of Hadrians wall, last year v Motherwell, Uche , Mulraney and Clare were warming up. Clare pinged every shot into the corner (Even then in Craig levein era) Uche and Mulraney struggled to get near the target once,

Jambo 4 Ever
19 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Uche thinks he’s better than he actually is and that is where he’s going wrong.

as have most of our players in recent times

Hectormasson
On 09/03/2020 at 16:39, Jamhammer said:

He's also relentlessly fouled but not given anything by our hopeless refs.

Yes he goes down easy

No he's not the greatest finisher

Given  choice between him, Wighton and MacLean I'd have picked him. Him, Boyce, Naismith or Washington he's bottom of that pecking order

Refs dont give him any leeway at all,    that's bang on .....

9 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

as have most of our players in recent times

How recent are we talking here?

The Muffin Man
8 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Uche falls over at every opportunity. 

Is it any wonder the refs don't give him anything. 

Didn’t fall over when he was putting the ball in the vermin net.

been here before
7 minutes ago, The Muffin Man said:

Didn’t fall over when he was putting the ball in the vermin net.

He did, each time.