Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

• Debut 4

• Bazzas right boot

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

George Graham used the rope at Arsenal to drill their back line into playing the famous Arsenal offside trap. 

As for goggles, 

ABSTRACT

Introduction: The current study analysed the impact of spatial occlusion training on control and pass accuracy in football. Occlusion was achieved using goggles that removed the sight of the lower limbs and football as it was projected towards the participants.

Methods: Fifteen skilled male football players were randomly assigned to one of three groups; Occlusion, Practice and Control. Participants were required to control a projected football, before passing it to one of two designated targets, while concurrently identifying a series of randomly generated numbers. Pass direction was determined by a directional arrow that accompanied each number, which coincided with the football release. The study design consisted of a pre-test, training intervention (400 trials), post-test and 2-day retention test. The performance was evaluated via three variables: outcome error, control error and number call error.

Results: The results demonstrated a significant decrease in outcome error (p < 0.05) and number call error (p < 0.05) for the Occlusion group from pre-test to post and retention test. No significant decrease was experienced from post-test to retention test (p> 0.05), demonstrating a learning effect.

Conclusion: This suggests that reducing visual information during training may have a positive impact on performance once full visual conditions are restored.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24733938.2019.1616106

Decent move. Wonder who the scab is running to the sun. Get that player to ****. Might no win the Scottish this year but see if tomorrow the players ruin the lAst trophy they can win it will be amazing.  

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Decent move. Wonder who the scab is running to the sun. Get that player to ****. Might no win the Scottish this year but see if tomorrow the players ruin the lAst trophy they can win it will be amazing.  

There is clearly a mole in the camp. 

So rather than manager sees problem and tries to solve it, they put the crazy mad foreigner spin on it? 

Haven’t read it as refuse to click on that rag, so in the unlikely event it’s a positive story I wholeheartedly apologise.....feeling I won’t need to?

#DontBuyTheScum

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Fairly sure the rope method has been used for years. **** the sun 

George Graham used it when he was a rather successful manager at Arsenal.

letsalldothebeattie
4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Seen a lot of folk on Facebook & Twitter say it’s McPhee

Салатные палочки
5 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Lennon or Gerrard would be seen as visionaries.

Not the crazy foreigner though.

This. 

5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

A long haired rat.

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Seen a lot of folk on Facebook & Twitter say it’s McPhee

The bitterness must be oozing out the former stand in manager turned, stay at home full time gamer.  

Hope DS gets a result tonight to shut up all the detractors in the camp

A story designed to create unrest - don’t let it happen.

prefer Stendels methods to tired old style “make em run up sand dunes at Gullane” approach

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m delighted they are working on defending. 

We'll, exactly. And sometimes going out of comfort zone, looking like a bunch of tits can create a bit unity too.

Fwiw as big a concern for me defence wise is how easy it is to break our midfield. Our CMs need to protect us across the park more. Sibbick will help this.

The back line has been ragged tho so getting them uniform will help loads, especially with Morelos and Boyle coming up.

6 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Not often I agree with you LL but you are bang on the cash here. There’s a ******* rat in the camp who needs punted rapid. 
Standard Sun article prior to a game against one of the bigot brothers. Hope we tuck em away

Goggles for a bit of fun and team bonding, ropes because it's a proven training aid to get the defence to move as a unit

It is only because we are playing Rangers this is being portrayed with an agenda by the media

south morocco
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Not often I agree with you LL but you are bang on the cash here. There’s a ******* rat in the camp who needs punted rapid. 
Standard Sun article prior to a game against one of the bigot brothers. Hope we tuck em away

10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

The club should ban that rag

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, south morocco said:

The club should ban that rag

Not only ban that rag but find out who this rat is and get them as far to **** as possible until we can empty them properly. 
Scum ******* whoever it is. 

Just now, Blindheart said:

How about adding snorkels and flippers and dancing to the music of Luney Tunes!

Because that would be stupid. You look a bit daft  just posting it tbh.

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Instead of a 'drum' or 'singing' section, could Tynecastle have a 'Lasso' section?

Our defence is as strong as an old cattle ranch H-E-A....

highlandjambo3

The Sun.....haha haha 

I see they chose to not provide any evidence in the way of photographs or direct quotes from xyz.......

I saw Elvis in Tesco last week........honest I did.

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

The Sun.....haha haha 

I see they chose to not provide any evidence in the way of photographs or direct quotes from xyz.......

I saw Elvis in Tesco last week........honest I did.

Once saw him in Marka and Spencer’s food hall with his wife. He had just signed for us a month or so before. His hair looks very healthy  close up

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Conclusive. 🤷‍♀️

Yep, it has also been confirmed by some "esteemed" posters that the mole is almost definitely , maybe Naismith, or Uche  or McPhee or Levein.

Edited by graygo

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yep, it has also been confirmed by some "esteemed" posters that the mole is almost definitely , maybe Naismith, or Uche  or McPhee or Levein.

Yeah. It goes from the sun poking fun at unorthodox training methods to snake in the camp, disharmony and punters singling out players/coaches they’re not fond of as a rat. THEN people slag of the sun. 

Radio Rental (80’s rhyming slang).

Edited by GinRummy

Bazzas right boot

The rope thing is very common. 

Dunno about the use of goggles, but the sun seems blinkered on it's approach to training. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dunno about the use if goggles, but the sun seems blinkered on it's approach to everything.  

Fixed

Edited by GinRummy

8 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Lennon or Gerrard would be seen as visionaries.

Not the crazy foreigner though.

We're more like peripheral visionaries.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

We'll, exactly. And sometimes going out of comfort zone, looking like a bunch of tits can create a bit unity too.

Fwiw as big a concern for me defence wise is how easy it is to break our midfield. Our CMs need to protect us across the park more. Sibbick will help this.

The back line has been ragged tho so getting them uniform will help loads, especially with Morelos and Boyle coming up.

Agreed, our midfield is the problem imo. 

Cheap turnover, no cover. 

I'd also add that both full backs cannot fly forward together. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dunno about the use of goggles, but the sun seems blinkered on it's approach to training.

A myopic right wing rag, no doubt

1 hour ago, kila said:

Goggles for a bit of fun and team bonding, ropes because it's a proven training aid to get the defence to move as a unit

It is only because we are playing Rangers this is being portrayed with an agenda by the media

Exactly this. Move on.

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed, our midfield is the problem imo. 

Cheap turnover, no cover. 

I'd also add that both full backs cannot fly forward together. 

That's slightly less of an issue if the midfield are switched on though, but as it is you have to agree