Vermin v Caley.

maroonlegions

Horatio Caine
22 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

I listened in the car and one of the presenters said “whisper it quietly so Theo other team in Edinburgh doesn’t hear, this team has the potential to win the cup” 😩 I mean they might do but let’s not kid ourself that Hibs are the new Barca, is it a trademark that when mentioning Hibs you have to say free flowing football or the hibs way!!  I’ve never heard anyone say the Hearts way

On the telly whenever Hibs scored they started on about how once you get to the semi finals anything could happen - and Celtic's unbeaten run will finish some time.  They've pretty much decided the Hibs are winning it again.  Fawning over Ross at the end.  All quite annoying.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Greedy Jambo

• been here before

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

On the telly whenever Hibs scored they started on about how once you get to the semi finals anything could happen - and Celtic's unbeaten run will finish some time.  They've pretty much decided the Hibs are winning it again.  Fawning over Ross at the end.  All quite annoying.

It would be good if pundits were fawning over us, but since we’re absolutely gash thanks to the combined non-talents of Levein and Stendel it’s highly unlikely.

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, S Form said:

It would be good if pundits were fawning over us, but since we’re absolutely gash thanks to the combined non-talents of Levein and Stendel it’s highly unlikely.

They didn’t even fawn over us when we beat Caley 5-0 and 3-0 in the cups the last couple of years.

Was at the game with my Caley-by-marriage hat on. An open game, even, but with Hibs more clinical and getting the benefit of the decisions. Beeb calling it a 'rout'. It certainly wasn't. Hibs quick and good at chasing long punts. Er, that's it. Support seem to be all doing The Times crossword until they go 2-0 up.

Edited by kirkierobroy
Fat finger syndrome.

That hibs penalty was a dive.  He was already going down even though Mc Hattie had his shirt.  Stevenson pulls the caley captains arm at a free kick but no penalty.  Unbelievable intelligence that one from the ref and no consistency.  The first 2 goals by being cheated made it hard for caley to compete from then on.

Good luck in the other cup though yous' done well!

Pardon me just realised I think the first goal had no doubts about it.  The red card was harsh though!  Yeah he missed the ball but wasn't studs in.  He sort of scuffed the side of his sock.

Edited by HMFC01

50 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

I listened in the car and one of the presenters said “whisper it quietly so Theo other team in Edinburgh doesn’t hear, this team has the potential to win the cup” 😩 I mean they might do but let’s not kid ourself that Hibs are the new Barca, is it a trademark that when mentioning Hibs you have to say free flowing football or the hibs way!!  I’ve never heard anyone say the Hearts way

That was Jambo Paul Mitchell and it was a bizarre comment from someone who probably watched an Inverness side who were so open that even we looked like world beaters against them, twice.

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Boy Gullane that scored their second is a massive jambo. Was gutted when he never got signed, Robbo promised him but Robbie changed it, and he and his dad remain staunch jambos. 

Yep Jamie is/was a staunch Jambo. Great talent and another one we will rue releasing. He would have had tons of appearances for us by now, especially considering Moore, Wighton and Henderson have all played 20 odd games each. 

Was trying to work this out, we released gullan a few years back. In favour of who? Zanatta? Currie? Anyone I’m missing? Another great job by our set up 

3 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

😂 I thought hibs looked absolutely shit defensively. ICT scored two, missed a sitter and should have had a penalty but were still pretty pish.

Watching that hibs  performance has made me think we have a really good chance next week. 

Ignoring the fact they scored 5 goals!

4 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

😂 I thought hibs looked absolutely shit defensively. ICT scored two, missed a sitter and should have had a penalty but were still pretty pish.

Watching that hibs  performance has made me think we have a really good chance next week. 

Its only the wee team, guaranteed 3 points.

manaliveits105
9 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

We have to be on our guard on Tuesday as hibs will

Cut us open with there pace and deadly finishing 

FTH 5-1

8 hours ago, Uche said:

Hibs looked very dangerous tonight against a decent ICT side. Worried about Tuesday and wish I wasn’t going.

Gotta season ticket gotta go type scenario 

8 hours ago, Uche said:

Hibs looked very dangerous tonight against a decent ICT side. Worried about Tuesday and wish I wasn’t going.

You’ll be there in the Hibs end though. 

I can’t believe you’ve not been emptied from here. 

so obviously Hibs. 

Edited by Rudolf

south morocco
9 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

At least some staunch kickbackers will be happy tonight.

”deadly finishing” deary me

Aye, that was a bit odd

a few with maroon tinted glasses on watching that match! Thought Hibs looked very dangerous on the counter, Boyle could have a field day with our "high press" if that's the tactics we deploy on Tuesday. They look vulnerable at the back though so we can deffo get at them. Im predicting a high scoring match Tuesday. 4-2 Hearts

I didn’t see the game last night but have seen em on Sportscene a few times and they just seem a typical Hibs team. Okay going forward and not great at the back. Certainly wouldn’t be pissing my pants about going there, ever

45 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Times crossword at Easter Road ? 

:rofl:

mair like a Mary, Mungo and Midge colouring in book for that lot.

...🤣🤣🤣🤣 now you're showing your age! ..... and me too apprently!🤣🤣🤣

9 hours ago, Uche said:

That's the spirit 👍🏻

47 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I didn’t see the game last night but have seen em on Sportscene a few times and they just seem a typical Hibs team. Okay going forward and not great at the back. Certainly wouldn’t be pissing my pants about going there, ever

They weren’t great by any means and they’re not a great side. ICT  Chucked the towel in after the second goal. Decent enough though and frankly in a far better state than we are just now. I think a draw would be a good outcome on Tuesday. There’s a chance we can really get up for it and win but IMO there’s a greater chance their midfield and attack will rip us a new one. Hopefully form really does go out the window in a Derby because there isn’t much doubt who the form team are

Edited by JimmyCant

south morocco
10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Hibs will probably win the league next season. 

And the champions league. Not many teams can beat a 10 man Inverness by 3 goals. 

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

You’ll be there in the Hibs end though. 

I can’t believe you’ve not been emptied from here. 

so obviously Hibs. 

Thought that myself. 

Defo got the reek about him. 

Someone needs to empty Boyle on Tuesday though. He's an ugly, wee baldy ******* but he will rip our defence to shreds on the counter. 

12 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Rangers winning the cup wouldn't have bothered me when it was against hibs. 

Rangers have not won the spfl or a real cup since 2011, the longer the better I say. **** them.

manaliveits105

Boyle is a traitor to Scotland and a diving little wig wearing twat - noticed he put an icepack on his ankle when subbed last night - nothing trivial I hope 

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Times crossword at Easter Road ? 

:rofl:

mair like a Mary, Mungo and Midge colouring in book for that lot.

Janet and John, brother and sister.

Even in desperate times I’ll never fear those *****. They are a mid-table side/club and always have been. They can’t even take advantage of a weak Hearts and push for top 3. 

It’s too ingrained. Years of dominating them, it’s in the blood.  They know it, we know it.  

FTH 

south morocco
12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Even in desperate times I’ll never fear those *****. They are a mid-table side/club and always have been. They can’t even take advantage of a weak Hearts and push for top 3. 

It’s too ingrained. Years of dominating them, it’s in the blood.  They know it, we know it.  

FTH 

Exactly this mate. The day I worry about hubs, I’ll pack it all in.

12 hours ago, Uche said:

Hibs looked very dangerous tonight against a decent ICT side. Worried about Tuesday and wish I wasn’t 

The way hibs played I thought I was watching Liverpool I wouldn't want to go either. 😆🇱🇻

16 minutes ago, Crete said:

The way hibs played I thought I was watching Liverpool I wouldn't want to go either. 😆🇱🇻

On a more serious note we have to watch out as they have a lot of pace on the break and could wreak havoc if we are not switched on

13 hours ago, salvo69 said:

If the Hibs way of playing has seen them win 10 major trophies in their history to our 16 I'll take the Hearts way tyvm. The Hibs way isnae that effective in Derby's either 😂.

11 minutes ago, Billybuffjaw said:

If the Hibs way of playing has seen them win 10 major trophies in their history to our 16 I'll take the Hearts way tyvm. The Hibs way isnae that effective in Derby's either 😂.

It’s 9 major trophies. The first Scottish Cup they claim was won by Hibernians who folded soon afterwards. The current Hibs didn’t start until a couple of years later. God knows how they can claim they were founded in 1875

Spoiler
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

It’s 9 major trophies. The first Scottish Cup they claim was won by Hibernians who folded soon afterwards. The current Hibs didn’t start until a couple of years later. God knows how they can claim they were founded in 1875

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Never knew that mate, even better lol.

27 minutes ago, Boab said:

Tremendous, wee man !

At 5-1 they were singing ‘Robbo Robbo what’s the score !! The wee man doesn’t miss open goals like that !!

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Hibs will probably win the Champions league next season. 

FTFY. Terrifying how good they are. No wonder the old firm want to go to England 

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

At 5-1 they were singing ‘Robbo Robbo what’s the score !! The wee man doesn’t miss open goals like that !!

Yip and Robbo respond.

But they are over it right..  FTH,

When you go 5 - 1 up and chant to the visiting manager, what's the score.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor 

maroonlegions
14 hours ago, Uche said:

Reeking.. FTH.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

No way. Were they really stupid enough to sing that? That goes way past them adopting Carnival de Paris as an anthem, with all its connections to the glorious summer of 1998.

south morocco
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Yip and Robbo respond.

But they are over it right..  FTH,

When you go 5 - 1 up and chant to the visiting manager, what's the score.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor 

Hibsed  their own chant 

Edited by south morocco

JudyJudyJudy
On 28/02/2020 at 22:08, Smith's right boot said:

To a point, yes. 

Right arm means, I cannae ehhh, ergh, write n' stuff. 🙄

lol