Willo Flood

Once again the Levein devotees come out. 

Have they been hypnotised? 

What strange power does the Fife Rasputin have over them? 

1. Levein

12. Hearts

...is their attitude. 

Unbeleveinable. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

VAR ruled out my happy clapper membership, bawhair offside.

I was positive up to the 4th straight loss under Stendel. It became apparent to me at that point, that his tactics weren’t suited to our squad and I haven’t seen any convincing argument to the contrary. We simply don’t have the time to give. I think he would have been a progressive and interesting appointment in the

summer but trying to change the clubs entire philosophy while fighting relegation is crazy. I also don’t agree with his treatment of Berra, who by the way, has been outstanding at Dundee.

That's just white noise, man. 

Governor Tarkin
54 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Point proven!

I'd love to take issue with this, but I really can't.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We need a middle ground between happy clapper and doom and gloomer. I propose "grumpy slumper". Kind of resigned and up for a conversation about how bad things are, but also ready to jump up and happy clap at a moment's notice.

Booooo

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, martoon said:

Once again the Levein devotees come out. 

Have they been hypnotised? 

What strange power does the Fife Rasputin have over them? 

1. Levein

12. Hearts

...is their attitude. 

Unbeleveinable. 

Said no one. 

You made all that up in your own head. 

Great stuff tho. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, glynnlondon said:

Willoooooo

raw-1353404026.jpg

😂😂

Wtf did you type in Google to search for that? 

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂

Wtf did you type in Google to search for that? 

I'm going for 'Casper the friendly ghost'.

Edit.

In fact naw, it's Willow the Wisp from the old Jackanoray. The clue is in the name, Tarkin, you ****ing idiot.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

In fact naw, it's Willow the Wisp from the old Jackanoray. The clue is in the name you ****ing idiot.

The less subtle approach can work too, bud. 😂

Edited by martoon

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Edit.

In fact naw, it's Willow the Wisp from the old Jackanoray. The clue is in the name, Tarkin, you ****ing idiot.

I'm being educated. 

JKB, the thinking mans football platform. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

The less subtle approach can work too, bud. 😂

It was myself I was having a pop at this time. 😣

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm being educated. 

JKB, the thinking mans football platform. 

Indeed.

For the record, it wasn't Jackanory, it was a wee cartoon series with Kenneth 'ooh Matron' Williams as narrator.

It was a while ago but I got there eventually.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The actual irony is that Levein signed the load of shite that played when all our other players weren’t fit. A squad game. He signed a shite squad.

Still not wanting to get into the usual Leveinathon we’ll just leave it at that.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876851-mourinho-tottenhams-situation-couldnt-be-worse-after-heung-min-son-injury

"The situation couldn't be worse in terms of options. It's a very, very obvious situation. There is nothing that you can do. We are going to play with the players that we have available. The players are going to give everything, which is what they are doing. In some periods I was worried about not having attacking options on the bench, now it's not having attacking options on the pitch."

You'd think one of the world's best managers at one of the world's best teams with one of the world's biggest budgets would know what a squad was instead of bleating about injuries, eh?

No fit strikers. Dearie me. Could it be that even the richest clubs have one or two or three vital players they rely on and when they get injured they struggle?

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876851-mourinho-tottenhams-situation-couldnt-be-worse-after-heung-min-son-injury

"The situation couldn't be worse in terms of options. It's a very, very obvious situation. There is nothing that you can do. We are going to play with the players that we have available. The players are going to give everything, which is what they are doing. In some periods I was worried about not having attacking options on the bench, now it's not having attacking options on the pitch."

You'd think one of the world's best managers at one of the world's best teams with one of the world's biggest budgets would know what a squad was instead of bleating about injuries, eh?

No fit strikers. Dearie me. Could it be that even the richest clubs have one or two or three vital players they rely on and when they get injured they struggle?

I’ve been through this with you. He didn’t sign that squad and Spurs have had little or no dealings in the transfer market during the whole  time they were building their stadium. Their squad was suffering from neglect. The only neglect our squad suffered from under Levein was a neglect in quality.

portobellojambo1
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think levein lost his way, in his first stint we played constant shape and played to strengths, everyone knew job.. everyone was motivated... it was the same at Dundee Utd.. 

and for us - he started that way, but then tinkered with shape and formation week in week out.

It was something I mentioned more than once over the course of the last 2/3 years. What he was looking to do as manager generally worked for us first time round and worked to an extent at Dundee United initially. But the game has moved on since he was last involved in football management but he hasn't. What he was trying to do back then just doesn't work these days.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’ve been through this with you. He didn’t sign that squad and Spurs have had little or no dealings in the transfer market during the whole  time they were building their stadium. Their squad was suffering from neglect. The only neglect our squad suffered from under Levein was a neglect in quality.

Everything you post is shite. 

Guest ToqueJambo
59 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Point stands. You lose your beat players, you’ll suffer. Even worse for teams with our budget who can’t afford like for like replacements.

John Robertson’s backup was Brian McNaughton during a big season for us FFS. The only time we’ve had genuine quality backup in a few positions was the very days of romanov during 05/06.

Should the reserves have done better - yeah. But we’ve had injuries no other team has.

Edited by ToqueJambo

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Everything you post is shite. 

Well you’d certainly know about posting shite, 34,632 of it to date.

9 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Forgot aswell he touched on a funny story about him and Ryan Jack having a fight on the pitch and then when they got in at HT he and Derek McInness were scrapping in the middle of the dressing room. 

Also made several digs at Csaba Lzaslo saying he didn't have the slightest clue what he was talking about. Said he was most hopeless manager hes ever worked under.

I always felt that he changed after having his heart attack last year. I imagine it would change most people to be fair, not just craig.

10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Without getting into the usual Leveinathon, the only time we had all our players fit we were winning a lot of games. Ironically when we’ve got everyone fit again he’s no longer the manager. I do wonder if it was just injuries that affected us or perhaps the heart attack took the wind out of his sails. The personal abuse towards him brings out the worst in our support.

You judge a manager by his signings, tactics and results.   He failed badly on all counts and his record was as bad as Cathro's. It was a bad mistake putting Levein in charge and it will take a few transfer windows to sort out the shambles that Stendel has inherited.  Incidentally,  the last time I looked, we were still badly affected by injuries.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You judge a manager by his signings, tactics and results.   He failed badly on all counts and his record was as bad as Cathro's. It was a bad mistake putting Levein in charge and it will take a few transfer windows to sort out the shambles that Stendel has inherited.  Incidentally,  the last time I looked, we were still badly affected by injuries.

The last time I looked, our results were still yad.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Ainsley Harriott
14 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Just played in the "Business Fives" Tayside event and at the end Willo was the presentation speaker.

Alot was said about Levein, he said he was a brilliant manager. Said he let the midfield attack and if they made mistakes it was fine but used to give the CB's a torrid time in training if they made any mistakes. Back 4 work was something he took very seriously. Made me wonder if during his last year or so he just lost the desire for the job. Who knows.

Also when asked what was his favourite goal his exact reply was "don't know really, anything against Hearts as I just used to love scoring against them".

I remember him getting dogs abuse for the whole game at Tynecastle I think when he was at Aberdeen and he scored and slid right infront of the Wheatfield giving it back.

Good speaker.

I dont think he lost motivation I just think scottish football evolved quicker than him. His teams became utterly predictable and easy to play against 

Governor Tarkin
52 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The last time I looked, our results were still yad.

The fact that our new manager might be shite has no bearing on whether the last manager was shite.

10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The fact that our new manager might be shite has no bearing on whether the last manager was shite.

True. Both would have a bearing on how shite we are just now, and shite we might be going forwards though.

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

True. Both would have a bearing on how shite we are just now, and shite we might be going forwards though.

I'm not going to agree with you in case B E gets jealous again.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Even that is shite. 

I've had at least 5 posts that weren't shite. 

17 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Just played in the "Business Fives" Tayside event and at the end Willo was the presentation speaker.

Alot was said about Levein, he said he was a brilliant manager. Said he let the midfield attack and if they made mistakes it was fine but used to give the CB's a torrid time in training if they made any mistakes. Back 4 work was something he took very seriously. Made me wonder if during his last year or so he just lost the desire for the job. Who knows.

Also when asked what was his favourite goal his exact reply was "don't know really, anything against Hearts as I just used to love scoring against them".

I remember him getting dogs abuse for the whole game at Tynecastle I think when he was at Aberdeen and he scored and slid right infront of the Wheatfield giving it back.

Good speaker.

Have said for ages this Hearts side doesn't feel like a Levein side.Something changed after the heart scare and it's never been the same since.

Levein sides could be labeled boring pragmatic but ultimately effective certainly not the weak willed defensively poor ( we have been poor defensively all season ) shit they have ended up like.

rudi must stay

Always had the feeling Dundee Utd got Levein at the right time, so many good signings and attacking creative signings, Ian Cathro for the youths. What did we get, maybe half as many successful signings. Funny that because you'd think he'd have tried harder here but alot of managers are like players they hit their peak and then go downhill 

44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Even that is shite. 

I've had at least 5 posts that weren't shite. 

I think you’ll find you’ve vastly overestimated that number 😉

14 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Forgot aswell he touched on a funny story about him and Ryan Jack having a fight on the pitch and then when they got in at HT he and Derek McInness were scrapping in the middle of the dressing room. 

Also made several digs at Csaba Lzaslo saying he didn't have the slightest clue what he was talking about. Said he was most hopeless manager hes ever worked under.

That's bizarre as some Hearts players enjoyed working under Lzaslo.

Michael Stewart being one of them.

20 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

That's bizarre as some Hearts players enjoyed working under Lzaslo.

Michael Stewart being one of them.

Perhaps you've explained the bizarrity(?) to yourself

17 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

There will be speculation for years about what went wrong for Levein at Hearts in his second spell. I think it's a combination of factors, unknown at the moment and maybe some of it will eventually come out. 

I don’t think him leaving a lot of work for the other coaches to do helped in the end. I don’t think they were up to it. Maybe it was after heart issue - seemed to unravel a couple of months after that. 

Governor Tarkin
45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not shite, shite tho. 

Just shite. 

Fair enough.

:sadrobbo:

13 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Levein’s United was often rampant against us

I remember Czaba’s team beating them 1-0 at Tannadice and Levein coming out branding Hearts “cheats” and referees needed to look out for our “antics”!!

7 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I my head I thought his name was William O'Flood.

Not a chance he would get named “William”! 

Edited by Thomaso

15 hours ago, superjack said:

I always felt that he changed after having his heart attack last year. I imagine it would change most people to be fair, not just craig.

I can talk from experience here. I had a similar heart attack two weeks before Craig and had a couple of stents fitted just as he did.

After such an operation which is pretty standard these days the heart is in good shape and 99% make a full recovery.

23 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Nothing has changed. We had a fully fit Levein assembled squad once; won a couple of League Cup group matches 5-0 and were top of the league. Players got injured and we never had them all fit again. Conclusion, if they had stayed fit we’d have had a couple of decent seasons. I know others see it differently and as has been said above, it really is time to move on.

I’m amazed at the grief you get on here , maybe I’m missing a lot of your history but ffs reading your paragraph above , you certainly couldn’t put it much simpler for the naysayers. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

On 28/02/2020 at 01:56, Ethan Hunt said:

Absolutely correct, SRB posts continual verbal diarrhoea 

8 hours ago, maggieb said:

I’m amazed at the grief you get on here , maybe I’m missing a lot of your history but ffs reading your paragraph above , you certainly couldn’t put it much simpler for the naysayers. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

He gets grief as he makes the same point about injuries, repeatedly, then says ‘but it’s time to move on’. Actually 99.9% of us have moved on from Levein. He’s the one that can’t let go and keeps harking back to a good start in the league two years ago and trying to make out we’d be Barcelona by now if they’d all stayed fit!

On 28/02/2020 at 00:59, ToqueJambo said:

We need a middle ground between happy clapper and doom and gloomer. I propose "grumpy slumper". Kind of resigned and up for a conversation about how bad things are, but also ready to jump up and happy clap at a moment's notice.

Far too sensible. You should never be allowed to post on this forum again. Be extreme or get out 😂😂😂