Hibs owner wants beer allowed at football matches...

Section Q

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Treasurer

• Section Q

• davemclaren

• Jambo 4 Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Amazing how differently people can see things

Not TOO far off I suppose. Either way, it’s lost revenue. 

I was at Hertha Berlin earlier this month, and instead of being in the pub till a minute before kick off, I got to the stadium 20-30 minutes before, had a Pint or two, went and sat down with another two so I didn’t have to get up again, and then got another one at half time. If that was in Scotland, I’d have probably done that all in the pub before hand! If people are in earlier we could probably make more from pre match sponsors etc. 

They had beer stalls and such set up outside, and we have a few places where we could do this. It wouldn’t be too hard to put up something to cover people during the rainy days, but would be brilliant when it’s sunny. 

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is the alcohol free beer stall still

a thing in the Main stand?

where can i get this free alcohol beer :whistling:

Utter bollocks to suggest behaviour would be any worse. Folk are already getting booze down their necks at the pubs close to 3PM. If it makes money for the club then make it happen 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Is the alcohol free beer stall still

a thing in the Main stand?

Aye. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Should be beer and have a happy hour between 1400-1500.

2 for 1  on all shots.

Uche would be very thirsty.  

:lol: 

I can remember watching West Ham during my London days (late seventies onwards) and having a relaxing pint (in plastic mug) on the terracing while watching the match. No trouble then but whats to say there wouldn't be now, if it happens it needs to be done in a very gradual manner.

On 27/02/2020 at 11:58, chester copperpot said:

I've never understood the real need for bevvy at football matches. Surely folk can go a couple of hours without a drink and enjoy the match.

Fine for those that are responsible but it will be those that abuse it that spoil it for the many.

**** me, I am getting old!

Tbh the overall match day experience elsewhere in europe is far superior. Cant beat a pint and a bratwurst/hot dog in your seat. Been to football in germany, czech, poland etc and matchday experience is just class. Admit when travelling you always sort of view it with holiday specs on though.

So that said i probably agree that couldnt be trusted with it here.

Id guess there would be early issues to spoil it but if it were to persevere youd probably find the mentality would eventually  change in that those who want to bevvy wouldnt guzzle as much pre match. So hypothetically it could actually be better 

7 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

I can remember watching West Ham during my London days (late seventies onwards) and having a relaxing pint (in plastic mug) on the terracing while watching the match. No trouble then but whats to say there wouldn't be now, if it happens it needs to be done in a very gradual manner.

And this is the problem.

If it happens at all it will be on the concourse/designated areas. Which i completely  understand but for me defeats the point as it adds nothing to match day experience. So from that perspective, bin the idea now and save themselves the hassle.

chester copperpot
53 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Tbh the overall match day experience elsewhere in europe is far superior. Cant beat a pint and a bratwurst/hot dog in your seat. Been to football in germany, czech, poland etc and matchday experience is just class. Admit when travelling you always sort of view it with holiday specs on though.

So that said i probably agree that couldnt be trusted with it here.

Id guess there would be early issues to spoil it but if it were to persevere youd probably find the mentality would eventually  change in that those who want to bevvy wouldnt guzzle as much pre match. So hypothetically it could actually be better 

I have been guilty of doing this myself in the past. Shovelling as much as I can down my throat then not remembering the game.

All in the past though 😇😇😇

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

I have been guilty of doing this myself in the past. Shovelling as much as I can down my throat then not remembering the game.

ah the spurs game just after the riots

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Was the uglies cup riot in 1980 that the ban stemmed from. The ban should have applied to them only. 

The real irony is that the possibilty of alcohol being sold was being discussed in 2016 until the weefers invaded Hampden.

chester copperpot
4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

ah the spurs game just after the riots

That was more a case of the megabus overnight bus and necking 2 if my mums sleeping tablets and not sleeping till i got to London haha

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

At the egg chasing I'm sure you can take your beer to your seat. 

Then you can go out afterwards and pish on people's cars and eat each other's shite. 

All good fun, of course...

not done the second things on your list but yes can take pints to your seat while at the rugby

6 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Some of my best/funniest memories of going to the game is with a decent amount swallied.

A cheeky little Beaujolais, with a fine head and good mature body, delicately sampled in Mercat winery,  Quickly followed at 2.55 by a half bottle of £4.99 Polish vodka on the number 1 bus....,.....   :)