He is still at the ****ing club!

i8hibsh

10 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Didn't realise Austin McCann had long hair now.

You are quite correct Mr K.  I meant Austin MacPhee . .. Doh!  The suggestion however remains the same.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• i8hibsh

• Governor Tarkin

• graygo

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Before mine too, mate !

I can actually see the demons getting to the last 8 this season with a favourable draw....if they beat the Danes that is !

What will be interesting is if Celtic get through tomorrow and draw an English team...............  Fun and Games.....   Battle of Britain.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

I new Mark well growing up. Absolute top lad. Massive Jambo and all round nice guy. Also a very bright lad!!

1 hour ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Penicuik can be very posh mate so not taking it back.  I get he is one of us but it's a lot more than the way he speaks, some of his patter is dire.  As I say the podcast is good but needs someone else other than Mark Donaldson, do you listen to it?

1 hour ago, Austin MacGlee said:

He doesn't give opinions anymore though mate. That's the problem, proper riled me up the fingers in the ears singing "lalala" from him when the subject got even slightly close to the root of our recent problems (Levein, recruitment, Budge etc). We all know MD is a massive Jambo but I feel he's a bit detached from it all at the moment (lucky him!) 

The lad is a decent broadcaster I’m sure, but I think he maybe too close to Levein from his previous Hearts connection and is reluctant to go in too hard on his mate, like others say he is probably too detracted living in the US to what actually the anger and mood at Tynecastle is actually like at this time (not his fault)

but if you are producing a product for the fans, I’d suggest you should try and gauge the mood of said supporters 

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

The lad is a decent broadcaster I’m sure, but I think he maybe too close to Levein from his previous Hearts connection and is reluctant to go in too hard on his mate, like others say he is probably too detracted living in the US to what actually the anger and mood at Tynecastle is actually like at this time (not his fault)

but if you are producing a product for the fans, I’d suggest you should try and gauge the mood of said supporters 

His dad is a ST holder.He should know the mood of the supporters.

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, graygo said:

Did you miss the part where Craig Levein stopped being a coach at the club?

No but you seem to think that Stendel asked him to become one again and ask for his view? Still not accept what a disaster he’s been for the club?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No but you seem to think that Stendel asked him to become one again and ask for his view? Still not accept what a disaster he’s been for the club?

To answer your last question, yes. Can we move on from that now?

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Spooky how the movie was set in 1985/86.... The season Hearts were the best team in Scotland with Robbo and the gang...

Good times, I recall my brothers in law looking at me the day after Dens when I said we will win it next year. Oh to be 15 and naive again.

Nowt wrong with still hanging about your workplace after getting the sack.

His presence obviously benefits us, the results speak for themselves.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ask him?

Yeah that’s why he went along on a cold day because he doesn’t care.
Fox had to be found a job until the summer. 

Training had just finished and it wasn’t cold but never mind the truth. 

44 minutes ago, hueyview said:

What will be interesting is if Celtic get through tomorrow and draw an English team...............  Fun and Games.....   Battle of Britain.

Or a Scottish team. Three matches between the uglies in 8 days if that happens. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Rangers playing Celtic on the European stage could just be the highly public shaming those clubs need to clean up their fans' acts.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Rangers playing Celtic on the European stage could just be the highly public shaming those clubs need to clean up their fans' acts.

They wouldn't be able to sweep it under the carpet with UEFA watching/listening and they'd have to give each other 5% of their ground which would end their current ticket allocation feud

Hate the man with a passion! 
Him and Budge have set us back years. We are further away from a European place than ever!!! 
I would go as far as to say if we do go down and keep the exact same squad they wouldn’t come straight back up. That’s how much of a bunch of losers we have assembled. 

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would certainly be an interesting clash. 

2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

No idea how this got on to Donkey but his folks are at games week in week out and he will know how feelings are. Maybe the feelings just aren’t as extreme as some think 🤷🏻‍♂️

@graygo happy birthday mate

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Training had just finished and it wasn’t cold but never mind the truth. 

It was so cold 😜

14 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You are quite correct Mr K.  I meant Austin MacPhee . .. Doh!  The suggestion however remains the same.

A suggestion that Macphee is in some way a hard man is a strange one.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A suggestion that Macphee is in some way a hard man is a strange one.

Another of the myths about him

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That and he is some kind of super brain.

He seems to paint that picture of himself. Sadly, the reality speaks for him. A total chancer 

26 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He seems to paint that picture of himself. Sadly, the reality speaks for him. A total chancer 

The hippy strikes me as the guy the team would tape a "Kick Me" sign to his back during training. Budge, Cathro, Levein, Hippy, Fox, Gallcher and Daly are the biggest bunch of namby pamby soft as shite losers a football team could ever have.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Budge, Cathro, Levein, Hippy, Fox, Gallcher and Daly are the biggest bunch of namby pamby soft as shite losers a football team could ever have.

100%, i8. 

The hippy strikes me as the guy the team would tape a "Kick Me" sign to his back during training. Budge, Cathro, Levein, Hippy, Fox, Gallcher and Daly are the biggest bunch of namby pamby soft as shite losers a football team could ever have.

I would take Levein out of that, he’s just clueless as a modern day football manager and a dictator.   The rest correct and that’s why he manages to run the shop hands free. 

Edited by Last Laff

29 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I would take Levein out of that, he’s just clueless as a modern day football manager and a dictator.   The rest correct and that’s why he manages to run the shop hands free. 

Levein was hard as nails I totally agree. As a player and as a manager pre Budge. Now he is soft.

Edited by i8hibsh

Budge would have John Wayne, Rocky and John Mclean from die Hard out shopping for curtains on a Saturday, getting pedicures and watching Love Island.

been here before
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Budge would have John Wayne, Rocky and John Mclean from die Hard out shopping for curtains on a Saturday, getting pedicures and watching Love Island.

Are those the scrapes and adventures you also get into on a Saturday rather than going to the games and supporting Hearts?

Edited by been here before

18 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Nowt wrong with still hanging about your workplace after getting the sack.

His presence obviously benefits us, the results speak for themselves.

You think our current results are down to Craig Levein still being at the club?

28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Levein was hard as nails I totally agree. As a player and as a manager pre Budge. Now he is soft.

Maybe his heart attack and the fact he’s now 55 has something to do with not being as hard as he was when he was in his twenties... just a hunch though.

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:D That made me laugh.

23 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

If ever a thread and it’s posters summed up the current state of hearts fans.

Beyond parody.

Erm, it is parody, mate.

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Maybe his heart attack and the fact he’s now 55 has something to do with not being as hard as he was when he was in his twenties... just a hunch though.

It's a reasonable assumption, although plenty of managers keep their steely edge right up into their 60s.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:D That made me laugh.

Erm, it is parody, mate.

It's a reasonable assumption, although plenty of managers keep their steely edge right up into their 60s.

Fair point. I imagine after the heart attack he was told about stress being a serious killer though.

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Fair point. I imagine after the heart attack he was told about stress being a serious killer though.

Absolutely, and if I was him I'd have jacked it there and then. 

There's no doubt in my mind that this contributed massively to his subsequent fall from grace.

That single-mindedness that served him so well during his first time as manager has probably done for him in the end.

He should be nowhere near the club at the moment, but hopefully he's gone at the end of the season and we can put this one to bed. 

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Absolutely, and if I was him I'd have jacked it there and then. 

There's no doubt in my mind that this contributed massively to his subsequent fall from grace.

That single-mindedness that served him so well during his first time as manager has probably done for him in the end.

He should be nowhere near the club at the moment, but hopefully he's gone at the end of the season and we can put this one to bed. 

You could see some of the fire gone in press conferences after his heart thing.

Understandable of course.

That maybe should have been the time to go in hindsight.

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Boab said:

You could see some of the fire gone in press conferences after his heart thing.

Understandable of course.

That maybe should have been the time to go in hindsight.

Spot on Boab.

Like a boxer who's just taken a hurter. It was plain to see the heart draining from the man.

He's been riding on Budge's sympathetic benevolence ever since.

It's totally understandable on a human level, really, just not much cop in the context of running a successful football club.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Spot on Boab.

Like a boxer who's just taken a hurter. It was plain to see the heart draining from the man.

He's been riding on Budge's sympathetic benevolence ever since.

It's totally understandable on a human level, really, just not much cop in the context of running a successful football club.

We were all aware he was an arrogant bugger and it was probably that ego that made him carry on to try and fulfill what he set out to do. Now we’re up to our knees in..em...muck ! 
Shit, nearly burst into a song there !!

😂😂

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You think our current results are down to Craig Levein still being at the club?

We are where we are due to years of his miss management. I don't think him still being around the place is helping matters. 

Edited by Space Pirate

20 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Can Celtic draw Rangers, i thought they were kept apart like the English teams until they reached semis

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Can Celtic draw Rangers, i thought they were kept apart like the English teams until they reached semis

With Celtic being 'Irish' and Rangers being 'not Scottish' then it probably doesn't matter.

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

With Celtic being 'Irish' and Rangers being 'not Scottish' then it probably doesn't matter.

:)

There would be a big fight.....  caught on Camera...  Scottish teams barred from Europe for 5 years like the English in the 80s...  Just when we were about to get the extra Champions league /Europa place... Oh the Irony

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

We are where we are due to years of his miss management. I don't think him still being around the place is helping matters. 

Okay, but do you think he is responsible for our current results?