He is still at the ****ing club!

i8hibsh

10 hours ago, leginten said:

:oohmatron:

There’s bravery. And then there’s this.

Would be a very clean one that is for sure. So many fans shine that bad boy up all day everyday.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• i8hibsh

• Governor Tarkin

• graygo

On 27/02/2020 at 13:50, Special Officer Doofy said:

So our current results are Levein's fault then? Okay, that's a view I suppose.

Yes. He assembled the squad that stendel has to select from. Our current results from around aberdeen onwards are actually significantly better. So since you need it spelt out. Yes I blame Levein for our current situation. Can you remind me how many games Levein won against rangers as a manager? Probably less than stendel I would guess.

Just now, Dr Lager said:

Yes. He assembled the squad that stendel has to select from. Our current results from around aberdeen onwards are actually significantly better. So since you need it spelt out. Yes I blame Levein for our current situation. Can you remind me how many games Levein won against rangers as a manager? Probably less than stendel I would guess.

I’m still hopeful Stendel can turn us around. He needs to start stringing victories together though, because we are running out of games. 

If you are going to blame Levein for Stendel’s poor results, you will need to give him credit for his good ones too. Otherwise you will just appear churlish.

I blame Levein for Levein’s results, MacPhee for MacPhee’s results, and Stendel for Stendel’s results personally.

Unknown user
On 28/02/2020 at 00:11, Governor Tarkin said:

You, my friend, may be approaching the other end of the spectrum.

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us. 👍

The bard's finest moment for me, humanity's pretension laid bare. Brilliant.

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’m still hopeful Stendel can turn us around. He needs to start stringing victories together though, because we are running out of games. 

If you are going to blame Levein for Stendel’s poor results, you will need to give him credit for his good ones too. Otherwise you will just appear churlish.

I blame Levein for Levein’s results, MacPhee for MacPhee’s results, and Stendel for Stendel’s results personally.

Levein assembled the squad and let them have it easy. They weren’t fit enough, and too many senior players had nice terms.

Stendel has inherited that and took the drastic action needed. Things going well under Stendel is nothing to do with Levein. But things going badly because of poor players or fitness is Levein’s fault. Things going wrong because of tactics is Stendel’s fault of course but luckily he isn’t stubborn like Levein and won’t keep trying to put square pegs in round holes. 

19 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Let’s agree to disagree and focus on staying up. I’ll buy you a pint after the last game! 

56 minutes ago, kila said:

Levein assembled the squad and let them have it easy. They weren’t fit enough, and too many senior players had nice terms.

Stendel has inherited that and took the drastic action needed. Things going well under Stendel is nothing to do with Levein. But things going badly because of poor players or fitness is Levein’s fault. Things going wrong because of tactics is Stendel’s fault of course but luckily he isn’t stubborn like Levein and won’t keep trying to put square pegs in round holes. 

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Dr Lager said:

IIRC as Hearts manager Levein won one game against Rangers when Joe Hamill scored at Ibrox.

Stendel has never beaten Rangers, Sevco yes, but Rangers, no.

1 hour ago, kila said:

That pretty much sums up my views. Also the money to spend in the window was reduced because our income was below expectations as explained at the Agm and that was squarely down to poor performances 

Just now, DETTY29 said:

IIRC as Hearts manager Levein won one game against Rangers when Joe Hamill scored at Ibrox.

Stendel has never beaten Rangers, Sevco yes, but Rangers, no.

That gets a bit too technical for me! Either way stendel has a better record against bigot teams in blue from Glasgow! 

1 hour ago, kila said:

I think he assembled a good squad in all honesty. I don’t think it’s the quality of the players that was the problem. There’s some good players in there. This is just my opinion, and I could well be wrong, but I think it was the coaching set up. I think Levein relied too heavily on others to do the coaching, and I don’t think some of them were up to the job. I suspect his heart attack played a part in his backing off, but he was leaving things to the coaches before that anyway, so it would have only exacerbated things at best.

In Levein’s first stint as manager he was a control freak. Did everything himself and had issues backing off, and delegating. That got results though. 

The players have to take responsibility for not performing too though. Maybe they found it easy to not apply themselves properly because of the coaching set up? Purely speculation that last bit, but clearly they were not performing to the best of their abilities.

50 minutes ago, Dr Lager said:

Let’s agree to disagree and focus on staying up. I’ll buy you a pint after the last game! 

Works for me, mate. 👍

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Out of the box thinking. It’ll never catch on.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kila said:

Disagree. 

If players CL signed play well and score for example then CL had a part in that. 

If Stendel saves us from relegation then he will get the credit, if he gets relegated he'll take a large perecentage of the blame. Just like if  we win the cup it will be almost completely Stendel's achievement, if not all his. 

Too many folk blaming CL for anything negative and unable to give credit for anything positive. 

Even Boyce signing was largely due to CL, Boyce said that we'd been after him for a while and that helped him choose us as he felt really wanted. 

Anything positive or negative is now largely or entirely due to Stendel. 

Yesterdays result was Stendel's, if we'd gotten beat it was nothing to do with CL, despite what some want to think. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

39 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think he assembled a good squad in all honesty. I don’t think it’s the quality of the players that was the problem. There’s some good players in there. This is just my opinion, and I could well be wrong, but I think it was the coaching set up. I think Levein relied too heavily on others to do the coaching, and I don’t think some of them were up to the job. I suspect his heart attack played a part in his backing off, but he was leaving things to the coaches before that anyway, so it would have only exacerbated things at best.

In Levein’s first stint as manager he was a control freak. Did everything himself and had issues backing off, and delegating. That got results though. 

The players have to take responsibility for not performing too though. Maybe they found it easy to not apply themselves properly because of the coaching set up? Purely speculation that last bit, but clearly they were not performing to the best of their abilities.

I know we don’t agree completely but i think a lot of the details there are right. The squad is too big and lacks balance. The fitness was poor and the coaching wasn’t improving us. Levein’s remit was too wide and the board wasn’t scrutinising him. When Budge said he would know when to leave she was wrong. Stendel looks like he wants a smaller younger fitter squad and a stripped down back room staff. And he won’t have to do the DOF role.

4 minutes ago, Dr Lager said:

Levein’s remit was too wide

I think that might be it in a nutshell. 👍