• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• GorgieRules22

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• soonbe110

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Some Hearts fan you deary me.

We’re in pole position for it just now. A win on Tuesday could be the catalyst to save us though ...

Edited by Mr Elwood P

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We’re in pole position for it just now. A win on Tuesday could be the catalyst to save us though ...

11 games to go, just get behind your team 😉

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

11 games to go, just get behind your team 😉

Not necessarily 11 games. A couple of weeks ago Ross County and St Johnstone were in trouble, they went on a wee run and now look safe. We need to pray that Hamilton don’t do the same. I think we might win on Tuesday though.

Hearts to win 1-2 ...

33 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Would hope that anyone caught with their reference being used to get away fans tickets would have repercussions. 

Folk I know are usually trying to help fellow Hearts fans out when they offer their references out for big games they can’t make but need to be careful. 

And specifically on this game when there’s thousands of tickets available, I find it hard to believe many folk that are Hearts fans don’t have a buying history. 

This is where I am as well.  Any Hearts mates will have been to at least 1 game in the past and have their own history and therefore account.  When I saw this I thought it stank.

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The appeal of the Cup, in terms of ticket sales, has definitely waned in recent years . Sunday lunchtimes you can understand but 5.30pm on a Sat isn't the worst KO time. Back in 1985 we had, iirc more than 20k for a QF against Aberdeen at Tynie then followed it up by taking 5k to the replay midweek in Aberdeen, with several hundred locked out, again iirc. Probably a combination of factors nowadays including the quality and attitude of pampered players and the atmosphere which has been sanitised beyond. Sad though.

That replay was the closest I felt to getting seriously injured, if not worse!

The crush getting in was horrendous.

The more desperate our league position is becoming, the more desperate I am for us to win this game and another 2 in the SC this season.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Clubs have to be realistic about what they can sell. Killie might have got 2,000 allocated but how many did they sell. Given that Hearts and Aberdeen both take 800/900 on a regular basis you have to assume that’s roughly how many actually wang to go to these places. I go everywhere except Ibrox and Parkhead, horrible areas, stadia, atmosphere and fans. 

I did a check, Aberdeen did in fact only ask for their standard 850ish after discussions with Police Scotland.

Edited by DETTY29

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The appeal of the Cup, in terms of ticket sales, has definitely waned in recent years . Sunday lunchtimes you can understand but 5.30pm on a Sat isn't the worst KO time. Back in 1985 we had, iirc more than 20k for a QF against Aberdeen at Tynie then followed it up by taking 5k to the replay midweek in Aberdeen, with several hundred locked out, again iirc. Probably a combination of factors nowadays including the quality and attitude of pampered players and the atmosphere which has been sanitised beyond. Sad though.

I was one that was locked out of Pittodrie Enzo.

Fish supper on the way home. Got beat 1-0 iirc

8 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Yes, it was a great support Rudolf. At least you got the obligatory fish supper. That was always a highlight of the Aberdeen trips! Yes,1-0 and I seem to recall big Roddie being sent off early on. Did we not play them away that same season when Mercer refused any away tickets because they were only offering us a few hundred!?!

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

54 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Yes, the old beach end with benches. Yes, they totally underestimated our support that day.

Just now, karipidis said:

Attendance of 12,375 when we beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup QF in 1995. Expect more than that. 

That was the 4th round.

Beat the Arabs at Tynie in the quarters.

Don’t mention the semi !!!

13 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Attendance of 12,375 when we beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup QF in 1995. Expect more than that. 

Capacity crowd as there was no Roseburn Stand!!

27 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I never got in either, can mind seeing folk climbing over the gates to get in.

5 minutes ago, kila said:

I thought cup ticket money was split equally, but we only have to give Rangers 20% of the ticket fund

Where did you read this as Im intrigued?

The rules I read, appear to be 20% costs, 5% SFA, then 50% split on remaining gate receipts, home team keeps corporate imcome.

Away team can ask for up to 20% attendance subject to segragation, and Police Scotland.

Edited by DETTY29

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Where did you read this as Im intrigued?

The rules I read, appear to be 20% costs, 5% SFA, then 50% split on remaining gate receipts, home team keeps corporate imcome.

Away team can ask for up to 20% attendance subject to segragation, and Police Scotland.

You're right, I skimmed over it wrong

1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Was locked out ,train broke down or stopped at arbroath for 40mins, couldn't get in, along with hundreds more nearly a thousand locked out , and lots of bother before game in union street,  aberdeen tore into anything hearts ,,,

mainstandjambo

Haven't been able to do a full count today but on rough estimate excluding the greyed out hospitality seats we  are still under 7000 home tickets sold.

Italian Lambretta
23 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Haven't been able to do a full count today but on rough estimate excluding the greyed out hospitality seats we  are still under 7000 home tickets sold.

So all the Hearts fans can pretty much fit into the main stand. Absolutely pathetic!

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Crowd was limited because of the construction of the Roseburn stand. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, it was a great support Rudolf. At least you got the obligatory fish supper. That was always a highlight of the Aberdeen trips! Yes,1-0 and I seem to recall big Roddie being sent off early on. Did we not play them away that same season when Mercer refused any away tickets because they were only offering us a few hundred!?!

I seem to remember still being outside either when they scored or when Roddie got sent off. Sure it was in first 10 mins or so

19 hours ago, argyjambo said:

I don't have Premium sports subscription, so I'll be there. Got my concession tickets on Tuesday £20 each (over 65's) we'll make a day of it. Bus pass gets us into city centre free, a late lunch in a civilised wee eaterie on Dalry road, a few red wines then walk to the game. Hopefully a good result is achieved. My only concern is falling asleep on the bus home. Overshooting Portobello and waking up in either Wallyford or Port Seton is not Ideal

... if PS, then get yourself down to Bene's for some chips and a stroll around the harbour. :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Never mind you might end up in the Pans

Few beers and some live music in the Goth. :thumbsup:

You can't lose!

54 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Dreadful turnout for a QF of the Scottish

59 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

A number of those will be gers fans too. 

46 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Nothing unusual unfortunately for Cup games when season tickets don't count. Even in England there are plenty of spaces in the stands for cup games. I assume you are going? I am and can't wait.

43 minutes ago, Nikoliunas said:

A number of those will be gers fans too. 

A few maybe but not many. I am sure the club only sell to fans with history.

50 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Embarrassing to be fair. Watch all the no shows wanting tickets for the semi should we win. 

Matthew Alderson

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help me, my name is Matthew and I live in leeds. On Saturday I am wanting to travel to Edinburgh to watch hearts. The one problem is that the club will not let my purchase a ticket as I haven't got previous purchase history, can anyone help me out? Thank you in advance

1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

... if PS, then get yourself down to Bene's for some chips and a stroll around the harbour. :thumbsup:

Few beers and some live music in the Goth. :thumbsup:

You can't lose!

Very classy place nowadays not so much the days of yesteryear 

36 minutes ago, Independence said:

Nothing unusual unfortunately for Cup games when season tickets don't count. Even in England there are plenty of spaces in the stands for cup games. I assume you are going? I am and can't wait.

I am indeed.

1 hour ago, Independence said:

Very apt name as every time another bad news story comes out about the SNP their 1st quote is"it's not as bad as England!"cover it up any way you like budge has made a James Hunt of the whole pricing of this game.

August Landmesser
7 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Very apt name as every time another bad news story comes out about the SNP their 1st quote is"it's not as bad as England!"cover it up any way you like budge has made a James Hunt of the whole pricing of this game.

How many times does it need to be explained, Ann Budge is not responsible for the price of the tickets.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Daniel says we will get the support we need at Tynecastle to beat Rangers. 

No on this thread is he.....

13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

How many times does it need to be explained, Ann Budge is not responsible for the price of the tickets.

Budge bashing is trendy apparently 🤷

23 minutes ago, braveheart said:

14 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Would be good if folk had access to this kind of basic information.

1. Both clubs are responsible for cup ticket prices.

2. Attendances are tickets sold not bums on seats.

3. Fan owned, not fan run.

Etc etc etc ...

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Very classy place nowadays not so much the days of yesteryear 

Bene's ?  :lol:

Was at a function back in Dec, upstairs but the bar looked like the place to be!  Loved being able to get the lift up after taking a slash and then be able to slide right onto the dancefloor as the doors opened. :jambobanana:

3 hours ago, braveheart said:

Confused.com !!

3 hours ago, jamboman9 said:

Budge bashing is trendy apparently 🤷

Pathetic practice by those who just need somebody to blame......any one! It’s lazy and short sighted.  

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, braveheart said:

I'm led to believe it was HMFC who managed to get Rangers to agree to a ticket price of £30. Hearts had entered into discussions looking for ticket prices of £20, £25 if pushed, but Rangers wanted the ticket price set at £35 minimum. Rangers knew they would sell their full allocation and were hoping the higher end prices might reduce the number of HMFC fans in attendance, and it appears to have worked although might have been even more effective for them if they had stuck to £35.

GorgieRules22
49 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm led to believe it was HMFC who managed to get Rangers to agree to a ticket price of £30. Hearts had entered into discussions looking for ticket prices of £20, £25 if pushed, but Rangers wanted the ticket price set at £35 minimum. Rangers knew they would sell their full allocation and were hoping the higher end prices might reduce the number of HMFC fans in attendance, and it appears to have worked although might have been even more effective for them if they had stuck to £35.

Exactly what I’d heard myself and some of our support have played into their hands, poor show in ticket sales from us.

9 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

So sad. When our players run out the tunnel they will know how loyal certain fans are. Oh it's too dear, it's 5.30 on a saturday night, I'm washing my hair ....yes where are our stay away fans who aren't going on saturday. Many of us will be at the game and the rest will be in there beds.

5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Would be good if folk had access to this kind of basic information.

1. Both clubs are responsible for cup ticket prices.

2. Attendances are tickets sold not bums on seats.

3. Fan owned, not fan run.

Etc etc etc ...

What's it got to do with folk music.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
13 hours ago, luckydug said:

Crowd was limited because of the construction of the Roseburn stand. 

And the Gorgie Road end was still terracing, with seats installed.

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Same thing happened a few years ago when St J insisted on full prices, knowing that our "loyal" fans would shy away from paying a few pounds extra for a ticket.

It worked for them as we only opened the Gorgie Road end and the pish poor atmosphere contributed to a pish poor performance and a defeat.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It’s problematic trying to debate with people who don’t understand that this was not a unilateral decision by Hearts to price the game as is and in fact we wanted the prices lower.

People should be attacking Rangers not our own bloody club.