Rangers Cup QF Dot Count

mainstandjambo

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Add when the bad times are self inflicted by incompetence. Most of us have lived through plenty bad times with the Hearts but the current one is really dispiriting

Fact still remains. Our support has always been the same. A wee neb on the London Hearts website will prove it. 

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• GorgieRules22

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• soonbe110

Weakened Offender
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

No doubt you're in your 20s and have absolutely no idea about Hearts and bad times. 

I'm 53 pal. Feel free to prove me wrong. 

GorgieRules22
24 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Spot on! 👍

Folk are scunnered after 4 years of garbage.  The club trying to fleece the fans for this one has back fired. 

Your so far wrong on this you look stupid. In the Scottish cup both clubs have to agree a price, Hearts wanted 20 Rangers wouldn’t budge and when there’s no agreement they go on normal category A prices. So do us a favour and stop looking for excuses not to go and try support your team.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Roughly the same age as me and I can fully understand why supporters are giving Saturday a miss. A man of your experience should understand too. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Your so far wrong on this you look stupid. In the Scottish cup both clubs have to agree a price, Hearts wanted 20 Rangers wouldn’t budge and when there’s no agreement they go on normal category A prices. So do us a favour and stop looking for excuses not to go and try support your team.

How do you know this? 

Weakened Offender
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Roughly the same age as me and I can fully understand why supporters are giving Saturday a miss. A man of your experience should understand too. 

It's a quarter final of the Scottish Cup, at home to Rangers. It's also one of the few times in recent years that the club has charged full price for a cup tie. It's absolutely acceptable in my opinion. 

I don't recall too many people boycotting the recent cup derbies at Tynecastle because of the ticket prices. 

7 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

In which case budge should have released a statement (she's good at them) saying exactly that she was sticking up for the home support and was prepared to take it further.funnily not a peep.

GorgieRules22
Just now, braveheart said:

In which case budge should have released a statement (she's good at them) saying exactly that she was sticking up for the home support and was prepared to take it further.funnily not a peep.

Would that have made them buy a ticket ? A wee statement would change people’s minds to go instead ...geez peace

5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Would that have made them buy a ticket ? A wee statement would change people’s minds to go instead ...geez peace

Would it have done any harm to be seen to stick up for hearts for a change?

22 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Just hit58 yesterday m8  your right👏👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 minute ago, braveheart said:

Not in the least 

Sooner she goes the better

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, braveheart said:

You're seriously cherrypicking statements if you think she hasn't had the club's best interest at heart in the past. 

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Just hit58 yesterday m8  your right👏👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Happy birthday pal. 😊

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

How do you know Hearts wanted to charge £20 but Rangers said no? 

GorgieRules22
17 minutes ago, braveheart said:

She’s made some errors but are you suggesting she’s against Hearts ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Aye the millions ploughed in and the countless hours of hard work mean **** all eh.

Beyond help some people 

AlphonseCapone
36 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Is the 28th not pay day for the monthly salary folks ? Might see a late surge?

I'm not getting mine till Friday when I get paid. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Even some of the hard core are sick to the back teeth turning up only to be served utter garbage. Please respect their decision not to go. 

If ever we needed our fans it’s now. Let’s get to May so the clear out can be complete and a new beginning can start.

A cup tie and all people can think about is Ann Budge? As for ticket prices it's ludicrous to suggest the gate money from this tie is a big thing for Rangers. They just won a game that guarantees them a minimum £2 million in the next round.

The gate money from this cup tie is nothing to them.

I don't have Premium sports subscription, so I'll be there. Got my concession tickets on Tuesday £20 each (over 65's) we'll make a day of it. Bus pass gets us into city centre free, a late lunch in a civilised wee eaterie on Dalry road, a few red wines then walk to the game. Hopefully a good result is achieved. My only concern is falling asleep on the bus home. Overshooting Portobello and waking up in either Wallyford or Port Seton is not Ideal

3 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

I don't have Premium sports subscription, so I'll be there. Got my concession tickets on Tuesday £20 each (over 65's) we'll make a day of it. Bus pass gets us into city centre free, a late lunch in a civilised wee eaterie on Dalry road, a few red wines then walk to the game. Hopefully a good result is achieved. My only concern is falling asleep on the bus home. Overshooting Portobello and waking up in either Wallyford or Port Seton is not Ideal

Never mind you might end up in the Pans

Hearts had the chance to make a statement to the fans and say hey tickets are 30£ but we acknowledge we've been crap this year so buy a ticket and here's £15 towards a season ticket next season, you would probably have an extra 3-4k tickets sold just from the gesture. 

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

A cup tie and all people can think about is Ann Budge? As for ticket prices it's ludicrous to suggest the gate money from this tie is a big thing for Rangers. They just won a game that guarantees them a minimum £2 million in the next round.

The gate money from this cup tie is nothing to them.

I think there's a combination of a lot of things keeping people away.

The ticket pricing will be seen by some people as too much. There was just over 18,500 at the league game in January. However, the majority of these would have been season ticket holders who have essentially already parted with their money. They are now being asked to part with a further £30. Add in that there will be people who want to go to the Edinburgh Derby but can only afford one or the other, they're then having to make a choice. Maybe they're choosing the Derby over the Cup.

I had also heard that Rangers were driving the £30 price mark and that Hearts had wanted to set it lower but it couldn't be agreed. This wasn't so Rangers could secure more money but rather that they knew they'll sell out their end at £30 but Hearts may not and the less Hearts fans in Tynecastle, the less hostile atmosphere for their players and the better chance of them progressing. This is just hearsay I came across but it does make sense.

That game in January was also the first league game at home after the winter break. Maybe that encouraged more non-ST holders to come along.

The team's performances on the pitch obviously don't help the situation to some; that's a given. ST holders who blindly go along every week because they've already paid for the privilege have maybe had enough and see it as a chance to save a few quid and an evening of misery.

As someone else pointed out above, there might be a late surge on Friday/Saturday as a lot of people will be paid at the end of the month.

And then there's the kick off time, which I could see would not suit some people depending on where you're coming from or what you're pre-booked in Saturday evening plans might have been.

It might just be a perfect storm of many different factors coming together to keep people away. I'm still hopeful that we'll have at least 12-14k inside the ground come 5.30pm on Saturday and we can make it a proper atmosphere as we did when they came round in January.

8 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Hearts had the chance to make a statement to the fans and say hey tickets are 30£ but we acknowledge we've been crap this year so buy a ticket and here's £15 towards a season ticket next season, you would probably have an extra 3-4k tickets sold just from the gesture. 

Expensive gesture as we would have to have offered a £15 discount or incentive to every fan in the Roseburn stand as well. 

GorgieRules22
8 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

You wouldn’t. 

GorgieRules22

You tend to find when our home crowd is poor like that Aberdeen cup tie it’s the real supporters that are in attendance and the atmosphere is excellent.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You tend to find when our home crowd is poor like that Aberdeen cup tie it’s the real supporters that are in attendance and the atmosphere is excellent.

Same ko time too

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I'll ask for a third time, how do you know Hearts wanted the tickets to be £20 but Rangers refused? 

Some proper uber fans on this thread, makes me warm and fuzzy inside to see such togetherness.

Today i have a few new heroes. 

Three of us will be in our normal seats but I freely admit that I am less enthusiastic about this game than under normal circumstances. The spectre of relegation has sort of lowered my priority levels in terms of a cup run. I would happily swap a result on Saturday for any league win against anybody. Hopefully will feel differently come Kick off and first and foremost get through the fixture unscathed. An encouraging performance also will not go amiss 

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'll ask for a third time, how do you know Hearts wanted the tickets to be £20 but Rangers refused? 

And I’ll ignore you for a third time 😏

GorgieRules22
59 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Some proper uber fans on this thread, makes me warm and fuzzy inside to see such togetherness.

Today i have a few new heroes. 

I’m no sure anybody’s trying to be an Uber fan by going to see their team in a Scottish cup quarter final at home......it really should just be a gimme you would think

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

I’m no sure anybody’s trying to be an Uber fan by going to see their team in a Scottish cup quarter final at home......it really should just be a gimme you would think

Thousands are going, the majority just don’t feel the need to have a go at others who aren’t, for whatever reason.

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Thousands are going, the majority just don’t feel the need to have a go at others who aren’t, for whatever reason.

It’s not having a go it’s more trying to work out their way of thinking by saying things like they can’t be bothered with a game like this ? We have won this cup three times in my lifetime and every one has been one of the greatest days in my life. This is a chance to get to Hampden but folk who could go and back the team are not willing to do so.

Sorry if I find that odd though.

12 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

It's a quarter final of the Scottish Cup, at home to Rangers. It's also one of the few times in recent years that the club has charged full price for a cup tie. It's absolutely acceptable in my opinion. 

I don't recall too many people boycotting the recent cup derbies at Tynecastle because of the ticket prices. 

Personally I think people are just fed up with the position we're in and the shit performance and can't be arsed forking out 30 notes to rock up on a Saturday night when they can head to the pub with family or friends or get a take away and watch a movie . 

Thats probably the main reason for most not going , if we were flying under Stendel it wouldn't be far off a sellout regardless of the price imo . 

Ann Budge should gave dug her heals in.

'£20 or I go to SFA'

'Rangers, go on then'

SFA - 'Both clubs, we refer you to competition rule 28.3'

'And if we still can't agree?'

'What would you normally charge for the game'

'£32 to £38 for non concession adults'

''There you go'

Naturally that would be counter productive for Rangers because if by some fluke it goes ta replay, then replay prices will be their league pricing too, if Hearts went a fleecing the Ibrox hordes.

From what Ive looked, other ties in this round pricing v. league pricing, Rangers last season v. Aberdeen and Killie  (and excluding our recent £34 SC games against Hibs), clubs needing to come to agreement, IMO the cheapest this game for an adult ticket was ever going to be would be c.£27.

I'm surprised AB went in as low as £20 but I also understand why she wouldnt make a statement to that effect too.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

I will try and do a count today

A lot of dots to count sadly. 

Makes us look like the wee team  :(

26 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Personally I think people are just fed up with the position we're in and the shit performance and can't be arsed forking out 30 notes to rock up on a Saturday night when they can head to the pub with family or friends or get a take away and watch a movie . 

Thats probably the main reason for most not going , if we were flying under Stendel it wouldn't be far off a sellout regardless of the price imo . 

The classic supply and demand

26 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Ann Budge should gave dug her heals in.

'£20 or I go to SFA'

'Rangers, go on then'

SFA - 'Both clubs, we refer you to competition rule 28.3'

'And if we still can't agree?'

'What would you normally charge for the game'

'£32 to £38 for non concession adults'

''There you go'

Naturally that would be counter productive for Rangers because if by some fluke it goes ta replay, then replay prices will be their league pricing too, if Hearts went a fleecing the Ibrox hordes.

From what Ive looked, other ties in this round pricing v. league pricing, Rangers last season v. Aberdeen and Killie  (and excluding our recent £34 SC games against Hibs), clubs needing to come to agreement, IMO the cheapest this game for an adult ticket was ever going to be would be c.£27.

I'm surprised AB went in as low as £20 but I also understand why she wouldnt make a statement to that effect too.

If it goes to a replay it will be interesting to see pricing. Could be a real ‘money-spinner’ with 49,000 at £30 a seat. Together with tv money we could take in about £500-600k for that game. Probably why we won’t rest any players on Saturday. It’s a circa £500k payout for avoiding defeat. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If it goes to a replay it will be interesting to see pricing. Could be a real ‘money-spinner’ with 49,000 at £30 a seat. Together with tv money we could take in about £500-600k for that game. Probably why we won’t rest any players on Saturday. It’s a circa £500k payout for avoiding defeat. 

Sort of a relegation parachute payment!!!!

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

It’s not having a go it’s more trying to work out their way of thinking by saying things like they can’t be bothered with a game like this ? We have won this cup three times in my lifetime and every one has been one of the greatest days in my life. This is a chance to get to Hampden but folk who could go and back the team are not willing to do so.

Sorry if I find that odd though.

Partick Thistle in the quarter final replay last year was also "a chance to get to Hampden" and there was 11,000 there. Did you get this annoyed that time too? Genuine question. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

A bit of a dilemma as league points are much more valuable. Please let there be no injuries for Tuesday.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

And I’ll ignore you for a third time 😏

You could just have said "I made it up". No harm done.