Rangers Cup QF Dot Count

mainstandjambo

Jambof3tornado

A lot of bullshit reason for folk not to be buying tickets.

We've been crap for ages and fans dont like the gruesome twosome visiting so are staying away.

I'll be in my usual seat in the wheatfield.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• GorgieRules22

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• soonbe110

I'll be going but I understand why it's a game too far for some.  In the last week I've bought St Mirren, Rangers and Hibs tickets, it's a lot of money in a short period and the product isn't often enjoyable. 

People who say they are going like it makes them better than others come across poorly.  If you're going, good on you, it doesn't necessarily make people who aren't poor fans.  

I think it’s another issue with the winter break with the fixture congestion as it is a lot of money to pay considering the amount of games that have been on recently. 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

What about a compromise and give them half the wheatfield? Be more like a cup final with an almost equal support. Generate another £60k on gate receipts. Like you say it could be a while before we play them again

Could be a while before we play them again coupled with the fact it’s the first time we’ve played them in the Scottish Cup and have the chance to keep them trophy free. 

We should be champing at the bit to go. 

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I'll be going but I understand why it's a game too far for some.  In the last week I've bought St Mirren, Rangers and Hibs tickets, it's a lot of money in a short period and the product isn't often enjoyable. 

People who say they are going like it makes them better than others come across poorly.  If you're going, good on you, it doesn't necessarily make people who aren't poor fans.  

Agreed and Livingston tickets on sale soon as well. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

A lot of bullshit reason for folk not to be buying tickets.

We've been crap for ages and fans dont like the gruesome twosome visiting so are staying away.

I'll be in my usual seat in the wheatfield.

Good lad

Nelly Terraces

Team is shite.

30 quid for shite.

When it's on TV.

At 5.30 on a Saturday.

Don't know which part of all the above the no life zealots don't actually get.:lol:

9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

We should be cashing in and letting Rangers into the Wheatfield/Main Stand.

That would insult our loyal fans even more than those who have turned there backs on out club. You watch the clamber for tickets from the no shows if we get to the final. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Team is shite.

30 quid for shite.

When it's on TV.

At 5.30 on a Saturday.

Don't know which part of all the above the Hearts supporters don't actually get.:lol:

Ftfy

7 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Team is shite.

30 quid for shite.

When it's on TV.

At 5.30 on a Saturday.

Don't know which part of all the above the no life zealots don't actually get.:lol:

hobo :lol: 

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Here ,here,👏👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

If Saturday is a draw, and Rangers get through against Braga, and we win replay it’s looking like chaos for semi-final tickets as the first free date for a replay is 3/4 days before semi. Lots of maybe’s there but a possible fixture/ticketing headache for sure. 
If Rangers out of Europe then any replay likely to be Wed 18/3. 

Niemi’s gloves
2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

What about a compromise and give them half the wheatfield? Be more like a cup final with an almost equal support. Generate another £60k on gate receipts. Like you say it could be a while before we play them again

I think the problem would be crowd separation on the concourse. Feasible in the medium term if we installed one of the full monty gate/walls we have in the Roseburn. But presumably expensive and most would prefer the money to be spent on improving the squad in the hope that we fill 3 sides in the future.

6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That would insult our loyal fans even more than those who have turned there backs on out club. You watch the clamber for tickets from the no shows if we get to the final. 

We are only asking for 7,500 tickets for semi and final. If you don’t go on Sat you don’t get a Hampden ticket. 

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

I will catch a passing flying pig to Glasgow. This team could embarrass us against just about anyone at Hampden. The cup is a nice diversion from a mundane league campaign, which this hasn't been, more's the pity. While other factors are relevant the biggest factor for me, and I suspect a lot of others, is having forgotten what it is like to win and even the element of depriving the club of money has been belittled by the dire management of relative financial wellbeing. Preserving league status is all that matters now this season.

My half sister

I know we may be blinkered by our own results which have been poor but so have theirs, throwing away leads against Killie, St Johnstone and us, drawing at home to Aberdeen. We will not get a better chance to beat them. What if St Johnstone then beat Celtic on Sunday and suddenly everyone will be demanding tickets for the semi.

If you can get along, please do, we need you.  

We are in such a dire position in the league I can’t remember when I was less excited about a quarterfinal cup tie!

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We are in such a dire position in the league I can’t remember when I was less excited about a quarterfinal cup tie!

There’s no doubt that many, me included, are in the same boat and I’m sure that’s the main reason for the poor ticket uptake. I also expect many to cave in over the next few days and buy tickets. Another factor is that many will realise that it’s not Sky/BT that’s showing the game so it won’t be as easily available as many seem to think. Surprised how many had just assumed it was on usual subscription channels 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, My half sister said:

I know we may be blinkered by our own results which have been poor but so have theirs, throwing away leads against Killie, St Johnstone and us, drawing at home to Aberdeen. We will not get a better chance to beat them. What if St Johnstone then beat Celtic on Sunday and suddenly everyone will be demanding tickets for the semi.

If you can get along, please do, we need you.  

Well said 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

There’s no doubt that many, me included, are in the same boat and I’m sure that’s the main reason for the poor ticket uptake. I also expect many to cave in over the next few days and buy tickets. Another factor is that many will realise that it’s not Sky/BT that’s showing the game so it won’t be as easily available as many seem to think. Surprised how many had just assumed it was on usual subscription channels 

Good point about the tv channel, the feeling some folk will get when they pitch up at the pub and realise it’s not on there will serve them right. 

SectionDJambo

Hearts should have awarded 15 to 20 loyalty points for this. If they were tied up as far as prices are concerned, it would have been a reward for fans buying and encouraged more sales. 

12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Hearts should have awarded 15 to 20 loyalty points for this. If they were tied up as far as prices are concerned, it would have been a reward for fans buying and encouraged more sales. 

Should have been at least 6 or 7 just to entice a few extra hundreds on to the gate. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Totally agree but over the years it’s part of being a Hearts supporter and now is the time the team needs us most. Fair enough if money’s tight, but some of the excuses for not going from some supposed supporters is nonsense. 

I like a good old moan as much as the next poster, but is there really a need for three separate threads moaning about the price of tickets for the Rangers game?

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Team is shite.

30 quid for shite.

When it's on TV.

At 5.30 on a Saturday.

You realise it's on Premier Sports and not cooncil telly?

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Team is shite.

30 quid for shite.

When it's on TV.

At 5.30 on a Saturday.

Jeez! Hearts supporters are meant to support? H1b5!

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

What a hero. You’re amazing. Wow. What a guy. 
Get over yersel guffy 😂😂

portobellojambo1

It is only recently that there have been discussions on here about the club reducing the number of OF fans allowed into Tynecastle Park for games against them. Even more recently some were ripping into St Johnstone for giving Rangers more seats for last weekend's league fixture. Now, I'm reading on here people saying we should be looking to give Rangers additional parts of the stadium because home fans aren't taking up their allocation. If people don't want to go, for whatever reason my suggestion is we leave the seats empty, the money will already be getting made through whatever Premier Sports will be stumping up for this game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If Saturday is a draw, and Rangers get through against Braga, and we win replay it’s looking like chaos for semi-final tickets as the first free date for a replay is 3/4 days before semi. Lots of maybe’s there but a possible fixture/ticketing headache for sure. 
If Rangers out of Europe then any replay likely to be Wed 18/3. 

Hearts unbeaten in last 10 Scottish Cup home games Rangers last 10 away games in the cup.

Not out of the question 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
54 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It is only recently that there have been discussions on here about the club reducing the number of OF fans allowed into Tynecastle Park for games against them. Even more recently some were ripping into St Johnstone for giving Rangers more seats for last weekend's league fixture. Now, I'm reading on here people saying we should be looking to give Rangers additional parts of the stadium because home fans aren't taking up their allocation. If people don't want to go, for whatever reason my suggestion is we leave the seats empty, the money will already be getting made through whatever Premier Sports will be stumping up for this game.

It was tongue firmly in cheek I mentioned the stands. 

However hardly club owners fault they think that way when idiotic fans think that money should be freely thrown around whilst  "supporters " stay at home. 

For clarity not talking Hearts,  football fans in general 

5 hours ago, deejtee said:

I will catch a passing flying pig to Glasgow. This team could embarrass us against just about anyone at Hampden. The cup is a nice diversion from a mundane league campaign, which this hasn't been, more's the pity. While other factors are relevant the biggest factor for me, and I suspect a lot of others, is having forgotten what it is like to win and even the element of depriving the club of money has been belittled by the dire management of relative financial wellbeing. Preserving league status is all that matters now this season.

Oh ye of little faith.....

3 hours ago, Hercules said:

What a hero. You’re amazing. Wow. What a guy. 
Get over yersel guffy 😂😂

Why don't you just come along to Tynie on saturday with your white flag. And bring a banner saying

I surrender to Rangers.

I’m coughed up my dosh and am going. I feel stupid that I am.

This club frankly doesn’t deserve the support it’s received over the past few years. Especially with the ludicrous pricing which is an utter insult to those supporters.

Edited by Boab Mugabe

'Hey Rangers, you will have noticed we are utter pony just now and we are expecting a very low Hearts crowd. Can we come to an agreement to reduce prices to an extent that will get at least a decent number of our fans in, £20?'

'Come back with another proposal, we will sell out the Roseburn end irrespective of prices and under SFA rules we can go to £34'

'£25'

'Try again'

(Not saying this is how negotiations really went)

EDIT - IMO £30 is too much but having looked at what is charged in other qf ties (compared to league equivalent pricing)  and last season the absolute minimum this game would be in region of £27.  What Rangers charged their fans last year for Aberdeen and Kilmarnock games.  

Edited by DETTY29

6 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Team is shite.

30 quid for shite.

When it's on TV.

At 5.30 on a Saturday.

I would add  forking out for Derby tickets as well. 

Two away games and a Cup tie is a big drain on finances. 

Dunno about everyone else but I could see this cup tie far enough. 😕

6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Glad I'm not the only one 😕

The way I see it we are likely to get humped as its Newco's only chance of a trophy. Our injury list could worsen and thus weaken our already slim chances of survival. 

This game is a ****ing nuisance imo. 

pettigrewsstylist
20 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Glad I'm not the only one 😕

The way I see it we are likely to get humped as its Newco's only chance of a trophy. Our injury list could worsen and thus weaken our already slim chances of survival. 

This game is a ****ing nuisance imo. 

Just a chance for a for a goalscorer to miss rest of season thro injury in my eyes. We aint winning no cup. 

Werner Herzog
11 hours ago, kila said:

Shocking effort especially given the cheapness of the previous rounds making it an overall reasonable deal for the 3 home cup games.

Rangers are there for the taking and we've already beat them recently, albeit without Morelos.

I'm looking forward to it.

Im not. I don't give a flying duck about the cup this season. I'll feel cheated if we win on saturday - particularly if we don't follow it up at easter road.

Werner Herzog
5 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Totally agree but over the years it’s part of being a Hearts supporter and now is the time the team needs us most. Fair enough if money’s tight, but some of the excuses for not going from some supposed supporters is nonsense. 

If they really needed us, why not make it part of the season ticket? I can't justify spending 30 quid to watch a team who have repeatedly let me down, for a fixture in a competition that will mean nothing if we get relegated.

Edited by Werner Herzog

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, braveheart said:

Could the club have given every one a £10 voucher to be spent before the end of the season?

They still have to give sevco the same percentage of the gate receipts.