Rangers Cup QF Dot Count

mainstandjambo

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

My source is me. I was there and we had nowhere near 13k that day. We had 10k at the most. 

So it's just your opinion then. 🤔

I seem to remember 12k mentioned in the match reports which seemed about right to me and I was also present on the day. 

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• GorgieRules22

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• soonbe110

14 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

looks like it's gonna be our lowest ever home attendance for a Scottish Cup tie at Tynecastle against Rangers. Sad times.

No doubt we'll get the "walking away" song chucked back at us tomorrow,

How many of them would be there if the league positions were reversed ? 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

How many of them would be there if the league positions were reversed ? 

Probably all of them. They were filling away grounds in the bottom leagues. 

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Very true, it was amazing how Ibrox was packed out every week in the latter part of the season when we romped the Championship... Oh wait!!!

Just now, luckydug said:

So it's just your opinion then. 🤔

I seem to remember 12k mentioned in the match reports which seemed about right to me and I was also present on the day. 

The old demons semi in 2012 has rumbled on I see.

Can’t remember where I read it but I think we got an allocation of 18K.

We sold sections round to about two shy of the North Stand. That’s about 9/10K.

Say a couple of thousand in the South, where I was, and the popular prediction of 12K looks accurate.

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Very true, it was amazing how Ibrox was packed out every week in the latter part of the season when we romped the Championship... Oh wait!!!

I did say away grounds. 

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, Boab said:

Say a couple of thousand in the South, where I was, and the popular prediction of 12K looks accurate.

There was nowhere near 12k Hearts supporters at that match. 

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Looking forward to the match. Much more than I was yesterday. Strange, but I have this feeling we are going to do ok. 

A decent performance should help lift spirits a bit I think. 

19 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

8/02/2015 The Rangers v Raith Rovers

Scottish Cup 2-1 victory for Rovers. 

Attendance = 11423.

Just now, luckydug said:

8/02/2015 The Rangers v Raith Rovers

Scottish Cup 2-1 victory for Rovers. 

Attendance = 11423.

It is odd. In the days of yore Cup matches  generally brought in bigger crowds than league games. Probably reflects the cup competition losing status and the far wider use of season tickets that only cover league matches. 

21 minutes ago, Boab said:

Correct Boab 

16 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Nowhere near, mate?   How little was there?  Both goal ends hold over 13,000 There’s approx 14 sections in the West Stand, circa 1000 or just over a in a section, give or take subtle amounts between them. So say, 4000 short at worst. 

4 unsold areas were the segregation, otherwise we sold the rest of the West plus a 5 sections of the bottom South.  Must’ve been a kick in the arse off 12.  

Edited by Debut 4

44 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So were we. 

Anyway I posted attendance of a Scottish Cup tie at Ibrox when The Rangers were struggling. 

That attendance proves that their loyal hordes are in fact not any more loyal than the rest of us. 

Hearts fans deserve to be forgiven for once in a while taking a night off. 

27 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

How many Celtic fans do you reckon were there ? 

portobellojambo1
59 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A decent performance should help lift spirits a bit I think. 

Today's game is very important to both team Dave. We need to use it as a means of creating a confidence factor before we go into this closing 11 league games. Rangers need to win as this trophy is their last chance of stopping another Celtic treble. I suspect they were worried about the possibility of the home support getting behind the team and lifting the players again, just as happened in the recent league game. One way of making sure there weren't as many HMFC fans there today as there should be was by pushing for high tickets prices, and you have to give them some due, it has worked. The fun for the authorities starts if this game and the St Mirren v Aberdeen games end up as draws. The cup ties take priority for completion by all accounts so our game versus Hibs would be off on Tuesday, as would the game versus St Mirren due on 11 March, meaning potentially we could be going down to Easter Roas either Tuesday or Wednesday 10/11 March.

While I'd love to see us win today I still feel that maintaining our position in the top league is more important overall. Dropping back down to the Championship at the same time as FoH take over as the major shareholding effectively means these last few years have been a bit of a waste as we will be back where it all started.

But that doesn't translate as stop supporting the team.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Today's game is very important to both team Dave. We need to use it as a means of creating a confidence factor before we go into this closing 11 league games. Rangers need to win as this trophy is their last chance of stopping another Celtic treble. I suspect they were worried about the possibility of the home support getting behind the team and lifting the players again, just as happened in the recent league game. One way of making sure there weren't as many HMFC fans there today as there should be was by pushing for high tickets prices, and you have to give them some due, it has worked. The fun for the authorities starts if this game and the St Mirren v Aberdeen games end up as draws. The cup ties take priority for completion by all accounts so our game versus Hibs would be off on Tuesday, as would the game versus St Mirren due on 11 March, meaning potentially we could be going down to Easter Roas either Tuesday or Wednesday 10/11 March.

While I'd love to see us win today I still feel that maintaining our position in the top league is more important overall. Dropping back down to the Championship at the same time as FoH take over as the major shareholding effectively means these last few years have been a bit of a waste as we will be back where it all started.

But that doesn't translate as stop supporting the team.

How do you know Rangers pushed for higher ticket prices?

59 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Looking forward to the match. Much more than I was yesterday. Strange, but I have this feeling we are going to do ok. 

Good man, that's how I'm feeling at present, quietly ... optimistic

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, kila said:

24k Celtic

12k Hearts

800+ blazers etc

Nobody will convince me we had more than 10k. 

Paid £44 the last time we played secco, great day had by all. 

Paid £30 this time round and I have a good feeling about this game. 

C’mon the famous 💕

pettigrewsstylist

Any result without red cards or injuries will do me. 

Not even a moneymaker it seems, sad to say SC QF at home against them is a distraction..but there you go :(

40 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Think we all get that now m8 l. 

Edited by ramrod

21 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Any result without red cards or injuries will do me. 

Not even a moneymaker it seems, sad to say SC QF at home against them is a distraction..but there you go :(

It's all Falkirk's fault. 

49 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Luckily must of us know you're talking out your arse.

#Attention# All Jambos that are staying in their beds. Get up and get yourself along to Tynie to support your team against the Rangers in the Scottish Cup. 

It's not to late.

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Nowhere near or quite near ?

I’m saying 12 or a baw hair off it. It wasn’t below 10. 

43 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

#Attention# All Jambos that are staying in their beds. Get up and get yourself along to Tynie to support your team against the Rangers in the Scottish Cup. 

It's not to late.

👍👍

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So is it sit anywhere today? 

Once the rain starts there'll be no one in the lower sections, plenty space for folk to retreat

Fort Vallance
12 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That is the priority!

Team selection would seem to confirm that. Pity he hadn't made that clear before people forked out £30  

Fort Vallance
9 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Wouldn't say fans are staying away for the price of admission,     we have been absolutely garbage for far too long,   fans can only take so much '    the weather has been awful for the last 5 weeks ,  mix that all three together and you might get the idea why it's not too popular a game this tie'  quarter final or not, also 5.30 and live in  a lot of bars etc ???? Think even some hearts fans might just feel like the day off ?  That's not being derisory to the supporters whether they are there or not ?    That's up to the individual,    but theres lots more games coming up where their support is invaluable,      so let's not slate f

My point was that we weren't treating this game as a priority. Team selection would seem to confirm that. But if that was the case maybe it should have been made clear before people forked out £30.

13 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

My point was that we weren't treating this game as a priority. Team selection would seem to confirm that. But if that was the case maybe it should have been made clear before people forked out £30.

Outwith Boyce & Walker our supposed key players are playing, hardly a massively weakened team. 

Boyce is just back so better not to risk him surely? 

Edited by HMFC86

1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

10k max at game  utterly shocking !!@

As someone who couldn't Make it tonight but Loved every minute on prem sports, there

Def should be A priority for attendance tonight

For the semi final!

Fans cant be blamed for non attendance based on the utter shit people have had to put up with.

The fans as a whole have backed the club long after they deserved it and thats whther you were there tonight or not..

3 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Team selection would seem to confirm that. Pity he hadn't made that clear before people forked out £30  

Best value EVER!!! 👍😂