• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• GorgieRules22

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• soonbe110

looks like it's gonna be our lowest ever home attendance for a Scottish Cup tie at Tynecastle against Rangers. Sad times.

No doubt we'll get the "walking away" song chucked back at us tomorrow,

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

hopefully a win tomorrow and those of us attending can say "I was there". Big wins when you're watching on TV aint quite the same as being there.  'mon the JT's

This.

If folk can’t afford it fair enough but if you can but choose to sit in the house or go to a pub and spend the £30 on ale then it’s a poor show. A full Tynecastle can make all the difference in the bigger games

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Never thought I'd see the day Hearts fans sank to vermin like cowardice,  but here it is 

Never thought I’d see the day when a Hearts team sank this low!

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You have seen it more than once before I suspect.  Drama queen-like comment. 

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Judging by your name you've seen much worse than this , especially in the 70's 

Edited by ramrod

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Judging by your name you've seen much worse than this , especially in the 70's 

Unlike the 70’s we are averaging around 16,000 at home games, have no debt to talk of and the previous manager had decent money to splash out signing players - the majority of which were proven to be absolute pish!

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You have seen it more than once before I suspect.  Drama queen-like comment. 

Bottom of the league and threatened with relegation!

Drama Queen eh.

Fort Vallance
7 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I understand your other reasons, but I really don't get this one (and plenty of others have mentioned it)....

Hearts v Rangers - the last two games have finished 1-1 and 2-1. What's the problem? 

Maybe I'm over thinking it but the press releases and interviews seem to suggest we want to get this game out of the way and get on to the business of staying up . Like I said I might be misreading it but that's how it feels. 

Holyrood_Hearts
4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Thank god we’re not all like you. Rangers fans pay up and we as a support look like half of us couldn’t care less.

It will be a sad day looking at the thousands of empty seats I can only look forward to getting behind Hearts and beating Rangers and getting into the semi finals. 

Quite clearly most of us are like me. I don’t care less about them. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

1977-1983.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How long you been supporting Hearts? 😄

I am gutted we are going to have so many empty seats at this game but the fans are entitled to their opinion.  If we were winning and playing well this wouldn't be getting talked about.  

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

How long you been supporting Hearts? 😄

Already answered that line above Dave.

4 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Maybe I'm over thinking it but the press releases and interviews seem to suggest we want to get this game out of the way and get on to the business of staying up . Like I said I might be misreading it but that's how it feels. 

That is the priority!

6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Livingston 5, Hearts 0.  Hearts 0, Hibs 7.

Two of many.  But you know that.

Ill considered post.

7 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Wouldn't say fans are staying away for the price of admission,     we have been absolutely garbage for far too long,   fans can only take so much '    the weather has been awful for the last 5 weeks ,  mix that all three together and you might get the idea why it's not too popular a game this tie'  quarter final or not, also 5.30 and live in  a lot of bars etc ???? Think even some hearts fans might just feel like the day off ?  That's not being derisory to the supporters whether they are there or not ?    That's up to the individual,    but theres lots more games coming up where their support is invaluable,      so let's not slate f

Edited by Hectormasson
Not ended

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, luckydug said:

What do you think it is then  ?

Your source as well please. 

My source is me. I was there and we had nowhere near 13k that day. We had 10k at the most. 

15 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Can't wait tbh.

Won't be embarrassed at all and looking forward to the PR section making a decent racket.

It's a game for the real supporter. No harm in that.

...and hopefully giving it a bit of;

"DOES YOUR MRS KNOW YOU'RE OUT??!!"

..as a wee variation on the "We can see you sneaking out" song, for Alfredo Morelos.!! (should he play)

11 hours ago, Dunks said:

Anyone who would rather pay money to watch on premier sports is a dick.

There, I"ve said it.

Correct 

I’m looking forward to today’s game. It’s been a terrible season so far but we have still had some good moments. Boyce’s winner being the most recent one. Worth the season ticket price alone for that one. Hopefully we can have some more moments like that today. Worth every penny if we do. I remember going through to hampden for the semi v Celtic and I don’t think we were given much chance at all before the game and it turned out to be one of the greatest moments when we got that penalty and scored it. Absolute bedlam and delight in the hearts end. So glad I went as that memory will be with me forever along with many other great times at matches. 

I suppose my my point is that if you can afford it can make it then do it as you might just see something special. See you all later. Mon the JT’s. 

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Livingston 5, Hearts 0.  Hearts 0, Hibs 7.

Two of many.  But you know that.

Ill considered post.

I was referring to our league position and have already clarified my point if you care to read it.

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I was referring to our league position and have already clarified my point if you care to read it.

Would have said 81-82 was worse then.

To each their own though.

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

My source is me. I was there and we had nowhere near 13k that day. We had 10k at the most. 

I was there too, there were 13,000 Hearts supporters there.

14 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Would have said 81-82 was worse then.

To each their own though.

Already answered that and clarified my point

Edited by Thomaso

Forever Hearts
Just now, Independence said:

You seem to take some kind of delight at knocking back posters comments. Strange behaviour.

I take no delight from it. I am merely stating a fact that we had nowhere near 13k at that semi final.  

To all Hearts fans who can afford £30 to support their team. Stop reading Kickback and go out and buy a ticket!!!! To those who enjoy rubbishing all things Heats ...H!b5.

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

I take no delight from it. I am merely stating a fact that we had nowhere near 13k at that semi final.  

I was there and there was a good Hearts support. Let's leave it at that. I think it was  a Sunday  lunch time kick off. I may be wrong though.As I say let's move on...we won...and won the cup...happy days.

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Already answered that and clarified my point

Cool.

:thumbsup:

I’ll be content if there’s over 10,000 JTs tonight. I know we expect better but in the past we’ve seen gates of 13,14,000 v the Old Firm in league games, albeit some years ago.  

I don’t think it’s a sign of diminishing support as our solid base will remain for league matches in better times. It’s nothing new for gates to fall in hard times though (as if people need told) and when you need to fork out over and above an ST it’s borderline for some.