• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• GorgieRules22

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• mitch41

4 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

At 9.00 this morning excluding hospitality sales looks just around 6000 home tickets sold. 

Brave man doing a count on this.👍

Dismal sales,must be record low for a quarter final.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

At least there will be over 3000 Rangers fans in attendance to boost the crowd. Maybe we should give them another stand and prepare ourselves for being a right proper diddy club

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

At least there will be over 3000 Rangers fans in attendance to boost the crowd. Maybe we should give them another stand and prepare ourselves for being a right proper diddy club

Yip, move Wheatfield sales to other 2 stands and give Huns the Wheatfield..........:munny:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Yip, move Wheatfield sales to other 2 stands and give Huns the Wheatfield..........:munny:

Cant turn your nose up at a moneyspinner, might be the last time we play them for quite some time

:sadrobbo:

Shocking effort especially given the cheapness of the previous rounds making it an overall reasonable deal for the 3 home cup games.

Rangers are there for the taking and we've already beat them recently, albeit without Morelos.

I'm looking forward to it.

19 minutes ago, kila said:

Shocking effort especially given the cheapness of the previous rounds making it an overall reasonable deal for the 3 home cup games.

Rangers are there for the taking and we've already beat them recently, albeit without Morelos.

The crowd could’ve played a big part do feel rangers have requested the prices to be high to drive people away making it an easier tie for them

46 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Brave man doing a count on this.👍

Dismal sales,must be record low for a quarter final.

8,859 v St Mirren in 2012.

30 minutes ago, kila said:

Yep.

The price of football in Scotland and at Tynecastle is too high but our adult pricing structure for this game is pretty much in line with the other ties.

- The odd couple of quid here or there off the league price for the same game.

- No differential seating pricing

Only Hibs and ICT provided a short discount period for season ticket holder early birds.

Mid Calder Jambo
16 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

The crowd could’ve played a big part do feel rangers have requested the prices to be high to drive people away making it an easier tie for them

Both sides have to agree to the pricing and thats what I find hard to understand.  Why does Budge want to drive away the crowd when this is her last chance to win something before she is moved on.

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Yep.

The price of football in Scotland and at Tynecastle is too high but our adult pricing structure for this game is pretty much in line with the other ties.

- The odd couple of quid here or there off the league price for the same game.

- No differential seating pricing

Only Hibs and ICT provided a short discount period for season ticket holder early birds.

Why didn't Hearts do differential seat pricing? Does that too require an agreement with the other club?

This sort of bullshit could be resolved with good governance by the SFA who should be wanting stadiums full. I see William Hill have packed it in so a new sponsor is needed. If only those running the show had a clue there is real opportunity for improvement.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, kila said:

Why didn't Hearts do differential seat pricing? Does that too require an agreement with the other club?

This sort of bullshit could be resolved with good governance by the SFA who should be wanting stadiums full. I see William Hill have packed it in so a new sponsor is needed. If only those running the show had a clue there is real opportunity for improvement.

I guess the problem with that would be that the roseburn has our cheapest seats - so we would be giving Rangers fans cheap seats and mostly our fans would be paying top dollar

50 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Give them and the jungle   jims  nowt ,,absolute filth,rather nae c....t there than full of these b.....s  !🤮

12 minutes ago, kila said:

Not sure but as none of the other games have differential pricing it may just be a case of easiest to organise.

Remember our ties with Airdrie and Falkirk had no differential seat pricing either so does appear a standard.  I'd need to check us in cup ties for previous years but was the approach any different?

Hibs and ICT agreed a £2 early discount for season ticket holders of both clubs.  I'd need to look at the rules again to see if we would need to agree with Rangers that their season ticket holders would have been entitled to it to.

Edited by DETTY29

Mid Calder Jambo
9 minutes ago, kila said:

Yes and i would start with not having games at 530pm on a Saturday night just to please those that sup at the Old Firm trough.

7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I guess the problem with that would be that the roseburn has our cheapest seats - so we would be giving Rangers fans cheap seats and mostly our fans would be paying top dollar

At a league game Rangers would pay £34 or £32 for Roseburn.

A Hearts end adult could pay anything from £32 to £38.

54 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cant turn your nose up at a moneyspinner, might be the last time we play them for quite some time

:sadrobbo:

Its af......g home game noise wise  ,with them getting g one end !   God forbid any more of them !

15 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Both sides have to agree to the pricing and thats what I find hard to understand.  Why does Budge want to drive away the crowd when this is her last chance to win something before she is moved on.

Budge will still be here next season. Maybe has her eyes on the Caramel Wafer Cup.

August Landmesser
14 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

If both sides can't agree on the pricing, then convention states that prices revert to league prices for the same game. That would mean around £32 as Sevco is Category A.

I would guess (not ITK at all, just based on cheapness of previous rounds and our need to get a big crowd in) that HMFC were hoping for £20-25ish, the Huns wanted much higher prices (£35?), we grudgingly agreed on £30 to keep it lower than the league pricing at least.

This is not 'Budge' driving away the crowd.

Hugely disappointing sales.  A full crowd behind us would help a lot.

if folk can afford it and have no other booked commitments then I don’t get not attending. 

Mid Calder Jambo
6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Budge will still be here next season. Maybe has her eyes on the Caramel Wafer Cup.

What she needs is a caramel wafer and a cup of tea and let those that know how to run a football get on with it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Starting position for negotiation.

Seating prices you are generally held to, is what you would offer for a similar game in the league.

The visiting team really then have the duty of care to the fans to relent on holding the home team to these prices, I guess its based on an estimate of how many people they think will attend. If we get 14000 at these prices, you could be looking at takings of around 350k, had you priced at 20 and 10 as many wanted, a full house would not generate the same income.

Rangers get more money whilst negating our advantage, since many are turning their nose up now at this fixture.

This is in no way in Budges interests, Rangers playing a blinder 

Budge realising this is the last chance to milk the fans for cash as we will not progress to the next round.

scott herbertson
21 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

At a league game Rangers would pay £34 or £32 for Roseburn.

A Hearts end adult could pay anything from £32 to £38.

Yes - but the point I was making is that if we had differential pricing - cheaper seats than the £30, I am assuming, we would have to offer Rangers some of that too, as some of them are sitting in the cheapest seats in the stadium. So we couldn't use differential pricing to make it cheaper for Hearts fans without doing the same for them.

19 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

If both sides can't agree on the pricing, then convention states that prices revert to league prices for the same game. That would mean around £32 as Sevco is Category A.

I would guess (not ITK at all, just based on cheapness of previous rounds and our need to get a big crowd in) that HMFC were hoping for £20-25ish, the Huns wanted much higher prices (£35?), we grudgingly agreed on £30 to keep it lower than the league pricing at least.

This is not 'Budge' driving away the crowd.

You're talking sense here . Imo a complete waste of time 

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

What she needs is a caramel wafer and a cup of tea and let those that know how to run a football get on with it.

Who do you suggest that "knows how to run a football" 

4 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Budge realising this is the last chance to milk the fans for cash as we will not progress to the next round.

Utter pesh . 

It's obvious what's happened, Rangers have wanted as high a price as possible to drive away as many Hearts as possible.  We will also end up with tonnes of them in our end as well in amongst the Hearts support.

May as well just give them the whole wheatfield if we are going to set those kind of prices.

NaturalOrder74

I just honestly think the prices are too high for a team on our form would have made a lot more money by dropping the price to 20 quid and we would have had a better chance of progressing to make more money with a decent crowd

MarkDevriesScores4

Stupid kick off time matched by high pricing was always going to put folk off. 

neither of these things are the club’s fault might I add.

i can’t go because of the kick off time and prior commitments.

The Glasgow Rangers International FC 2012 fans will be in some mess by 5:30. Another well thought out piece of scheduling by the powers that be.

Well done to everyone going to this but I am simply not paying £30 a ticket.

I know both clubs have to agree the ticket prices but to me, it looks as if Budge just wants to cash in because we are playing Rangers and they will sell out their allocation.

That price is a joke and no consideration for the fans who have forked out £500 plus for a season ticket to watch utter dross this season.

I have also just paid £32 for a derby ticket and to be honest I'd much rather see us win that and get ourselves out of this relegation crisis we are in. I am not that fussed about the cup, I just want us to get off the foot of the table.

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

I know both clubs have to agree the ticket prices but to me, it looks as if Budge just wants to cash in because we are playing Rangers and they will sell out their allocation.

That price is a joke and no consideration for the fans who have forked out £500 plus for a season ticket to watch utter dross this season.

I have also just paid £32 for a derby ticket and to be honest I'd much rather see us win that and get ourselves out of this relegation crisis we are in. I am not that fussed about the cup, I just want us to get off the foot of the table.

What price would have seen you buy a ticket?

29 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Yes - but the point I was making is that if we had differential pricing - cheaper seats than the £30, I am assuming, we would have to offer Rangers some of that too, as some of them are sitting in the cheapest seats in the stadium. So we couldn't use differential pricing to make it cheaper for Hearts fans without doing the same for them.

Yes, I'd agree with that including as appears to have happened to Hibs, ICT season ticket holders from both clubs.

If we went Hearts fans discounts and not Rangers then Rangers could just insist on full league pricing and that would be that pretty much.

Id need to check for sure but seems reasonable assumptions.

GorgieRules22
12 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

You won’t pay £30 for a ticket but then go on to say you paid £32 for a ticket for the derby 🤪

21 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Stupid kick off time matched by high pricing was always going to put folk off. 

neither of these things are the club’s fault might I add.

i can’t go because of the kick off time and prior commitments.

The Glasgow Rangers International FC 2012 fans will be in some mess by 5:30. Another well thought out piece of scheduling by the powers that be.

Agree with the pricing but surely the kick off time has nothing to do with it. What’s the difference between 3 and 5:30? Hardly much. All to do with how we are performing on the park I’m afraid.

1 hour ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

She probably isn’t bothered about winning anything... as long as tynecastle is a nice family stadium with top hospitality££

2 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

She probably isn’t bothered about winning anything... as long as tynecastle is a nice family stadium with top hospitality££

More utter pesh

Poor effort so far re sales. This is obviously showing where at a lot of our support are re the position we are in at the moment. At this rate we are probably looking at about 9000 home fans. Let's see them all crawling out the woodwork should we progress. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Pish. 

Games in the championship will sell out when we are romping it. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Mort said:

Agree with the pricing but surely the kick off time has nothing to do with it. What’s the difference between 3 and 5:30? Hardly much. All to do with how we are performing on the park I’m afraid.

It's a bit pish. 

Ruins family dinner time on a sat for many. 

For me my missus is out so I can't go as got the kids, if it was 1500 or 1230 I'd be there and back for her night out. 

It's an awkward time for some. 

On TV 

We're shite. 

£30, but unsure if it was £20 or £25 it would make much of a difference tbh. 

Poor sales, although if it ends up about 13/14k that will be higher than most. 

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

What about a compromise and give them half the wheatfield? Be more like a cup final with an almost equal support. Generate another £60k on gate receipts. Like you say it could be a while before we play them again