Gigs you are going to

davemclaren

14 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I've never seen Coldplay, but I haven't been cool in years so I will in August.  Couldn't get tickets for Taylor Swift, though.  :ninja: :laugh: 

To be fair, twenty years on I’d probably open the curtains to watch Coldplay if they were playing in my garden. Age gets to us all.

And I’d definitely go to see Taylor Swift. A few years spent in Texas means I’m a fan of the sort of pop-country style which marked her early years, and quite like the recent stuff. I’d just looked at her with my ears plugged for the stuff in the middle. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the original dalry llama

• frankblack

• tedarmy

• Costanza

Ulysses
4 hours ago, Peebo said:

To be fair, twenty years on I’d probably open the curtains to watch Coldplay if they were playing in my garden. Age gets to us all.

You probably wouldn't pay €166 a ticket to watch them, though. :ninja:

I've never been to a concert in Croke Park, so that'll be an experience in itself for me.

4 hours ago, Peebo said:

And I’d definitely go to see Taylor Swift. A few years spent in Texas means I’m a fan of the sort of pop-country style which marked her early years, and quite like the recent stuff. I’d just looked at her with my ears plugged for the stuff in the middle. 

"Regular" seats for her shows in the Aviva were going at up to €230.  I'd have paid that, and maybe even a few quid more, but I had to draw the line at "special experience" tickets for €780+.

frankblack
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

You probably wouldn't pay €166 a ticket to watch them, though. :ninja:

I've never been to a concert in Croke Park, so that'll be an experience in itself for me.

"Regular" seats for her shows in the Aviva were going at up to €230.  I'd have paid that, and maybe even a few quid more, but I had to draw the line at "special experience" tickets for €780+.

I fancied seeing Stevie Nicks at ghe Hydro until I saw the £200+ ticket price in the presale.  Needless to say, I bailed out without attempting to purchase.

AndrewB
35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I fancied seeing Stevie Nicks at ghe Hydro until I saw the £200+ ticket price in the presale.  Needless to say, I bailed out without attempting to purchase.

Heard Nicola Meighan say the same on Radio Scotland that she was in the pre sale queue but was actually happy to bail out / miss out given the price.

frankblack
26 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Heard Nicola Meighan say the same on Radio Scotland that she was in the pre sale queue but was actually happy to bail out / miss out given the price.

Don't get me wrong.  I could have paid it but I refused to be ripped off.  Same with Pearl Jam at £160 for Manchester.

the original dalry llama

Tonight's entertainment - Boulder Fields is the current band of Cameron Fraser of late 80s Edinburgh hopefuls The Cateran.

433873094_1138770420891170_9170140575146897534_n.jpg

milky_26
16 hours ago, frankblack said:

Same here. I would have liked to see Stevie nicks but wasn't paying those prices

boag1874

Meant to post in the seethe thread

Edited by boag1874

Sex Panther

Underworld at the Usher Hall this evening.

I'm another that baulked at the £200 tickets for Nicks.

the original dalry llama

Tonight's entertainment - any chance of a guest appearance by James Dean Bradfield to contribute his guitar parts to 'Addo'?

Screenshot_20240405_120949_Chrome.jpg

the original dalry llama
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Edinburgh loses another music venue as The Jazz Bar announces it’s closing. 

I think I only went there once but the loss of any venue, especially a well established one, isn't great.

frankblack
15 minutes ago, the original dalry llama said:

I think I only went there once but the loss of any venue, especially a well established one, isn't great.

The loss of the Black Bull was a bigger loss.  I enjoyed having a rock bar.  I don't know anywhere like it in Edinburgh.

the original dalry llama

Got this one tonight  - it might not be the best gig I see this year but it will probably be the noisiest.

888.png

jimbojambo

I am going to see a Jethro Tull tribute band in Kinross tomorrow night after the game. Looking at the prices big acts are looking for it's no wonder that there is a growth in these bands. 

Placid Casual
2 hours ago, tedarmy said:

in edinburgh tonight

436774185_925285819603749_8107948458269795013_n.jpg

Enjoy mate!

Beave1874

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds... Although first time I've seen the group. . Seen Nick solo a couple times with Warren..

Considering Baxter Dury in Edinburgh next month, has anyone seen? Looks decent and music low key good. 

Mister T
16 hours ago, tedarmy said:

in edinburgh tonight

436774185_925285819603749_8107948458269795013_n.jpg

First time for me seeing him live and he didn't disappoint. 

tedarmy
2 hours ago, Mister T said:

First time for me seeing him live and he didn't disappoint. 

:thumbsup: he was great. Mike garry was too

the original dalry llama
frankblack

I hope The Captain doesn't play this with The Damned in December.... 😄

ToadKiller Dog

Thinking about Nick Masons saucerful of secrets tour ,He's put together a decent talented group of musicians  .

Certainly will be something different .

Saw the Bare Naked Ladies at the Assembly Rooms last night and they were funny, talented, loved Edinburgh and were happy playing to a brilliant crowd. Got the excellent Nearly Dan (Steely Dan tribute) at La Belle Angele on Friday and the wonderful Andre Rieu in Glasgow on Saturday - home for a few hours then back along the M8 for the semi final. Cannae beat a bit of culture..... 

On 04/04/2024 at 14:17, Sex Panther said:

Underworld at the Usher Hall this evening.

I'm another that baulked at the £200 tickets for Nicks.

It’s Springsteen I just don’t understand. A man who has made his name and fortune championing the working classes, the downtrodden. People down on their luck. The unemployed. Vietnam vets etc etc £265 a ticket from Day 1 Bruce WTAF Is that all about. !! (plus he’s at least 15 years past his best work, some would say much longer)

Another thing. My wife liked Christina Aquilera and I got her row 6 tickets for the Hydro last time she toured. This was a few years back. £129 a pop. She came on 55 minutes late. Did a 73 minute set. Some of it Lip synced. Clearly didn’t want to be there. No engagement with the audience. No encore. Not as much as a thank you for financing the cookies and hot dogs I’ve been stuffing my fat face with for 10 years. My wife hasn’t listened to her since.

Edited by JimmyCant

Picked up tickets for The Cult at the Usher Hall in the O2 presale.

Saw them perform Death Cult at the Barras not long ago.

Edited by frankblack

Got tickets for Pet Shop Boys at Koko in London at end of May.

Already seeing at Hydro but opportunity to see them in a small club venue too good to turn down.

There was a BBC1 Imagine program on them last night which is well worth a watch.

the original dalry llama

"DIY or DIE is brand new gig night in Edinburgh, focusing on highlighting the best DIY bands Scotland has to offer."

First night is tonight with four bands for a fiver at the Wee Red Bar.

436442907_10160093537107399_7653320075650893165_n.jpg

Edited by the original dalry llama

On 11/04/2024 at 12:29, frankblack said:

The loss of the Black Bull was a bigger loss.  I enjoyed having a rock bar.  I don't know anywhere like it in Edinburgh.

The Bulls famous jukebox and some of the staff can now be found at the Festival Tavern on Morrison Street 

13 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The Bulls famous jukebox and some of the staff can now be found at the Festival Tavern on Morrison Street 

Cheers.  I've not been in there in a long time, when I'd pop in after seeing a film over the road.  Nowadays I go to the Omni or Fountain Park.