***Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers FC Scottish Cup Quarter Final Tie Official Match Thread***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not sure if already posted but SFA website says next Wed is date for re-arranged game, if postponed tomorrow. Replay, if required, is next Wed as well. Hibs game pushed back a couple of weeks if either of those two happen it seems 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• sadj

• Greedy Jambo

• GinRummy

59 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Anyone recommend a Jambo-friendly city centre pub to watch the game? 

One that has Premier Sports. Not that many of them. 

Edited by soonbe110

6 minutes ago, LewisR5-1 said:

Have to pick up your ticket for this game or can you use season ticket if you're using the same seat?

Season ticket cards not in use for this one 

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Finlay James said:

3-0 Hearts.

huge performance coming up where we click with Andy Irving pulling the strings.

Did you You fall into a glue mixer? 

Bazzas right boot

Looking forward to this. 

Nephews first Hearts game. 

He's not nailed his colours to any mast yet. This result could breed another future Hearts man. 

Hopefully goes exactly like the other two games v them at Tynecastle this season. 

I'd hope we defend a little better, we were lucky a few times last time but more of the same in the final 2/3rds.

Pressing, creating pegging them back. 

Is Boyce out, out? 

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Spend your money going to the game.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Nah no way. The embarrassment of being relegated would far out-weigh a cup win. 

I just think about how I'd feel if it was Hibs. "How funny it would be if they were relegated" would be far greater than "How gutted I would be if they won a cup".

Hopefully it's not a choice but a cup win goes on the honours list. 

Hibs won the cup in the championship, they were down for 3 seasons. Don't think they cared. 

Cup wins all the time for me. 

Relegation is a nightmare but we'd come back up and no one would care in 5 years. 

Cup wins are forever. 

I'll give it serious thought once we knock out rangers and draw ICT in the sf. 

portobellojambo1
54 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure if already posted but SFA website says next Wed is date for re-arranged game, if postponed tomorrow. Replay, if required, is next Wed as well. Hibs game pushed back a couple of weeks if either of those two happen it seems 

Looking at the replay dates if Aberdeen and St Mirren draw this weekend as well then thier replay is scheduled for Tuesday 10 March, meaning our re-scheduled league game against them (St Mirren) the following night, 11 March will also be cancelled.

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Has every football boozer got premier sports though ? 

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Looking at the replay dates if Aberdeen and St Mirren draw this weekend as well then thier replay is scheduled for Tuesday 10 March, meaning our re-scheduled league game against them (St Mirren) the following night, 11 March will also be cancelled.

Could make that the Hibs game then If we draw.

highlandjambo3
32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Looking forward to this. 

Nephews first Hearts game. 

He's not nailed his colours to any mast yet. This result could breed another future Hearts man. 

Hopefully goes exactly like the other two games v them at Tynecastle this season. 

I'd hope we defend a little better, we were lucky a few times last time but more of the same in the final 2/3rds.

Pressing, creating pegging them back. 

Is Boyce out, out? 

According to an interview with him on hearts website the other day (or yesterday) he’s feeling in great shape........unless he’s picked up a knock in training.

3 minutes ago, farin said:

Hasn't recovered from glandular fever fully enough to train yet.. 

That’s not so good could have done with him , cheers mate

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

According to an interview with him on hearts website the other day (or yesterday) he’s feeling in great shape........unless he’s picked up a knock in training.

Cheers. 

25 minutes ago, One five said:

Anyone any idea if  Sibbick is fit yet ? I thought he had started training but not heard much about his progress.

Daniel stated "hasnt trained, if he did i would tell you". Some bout of tonsillitis this. If its glandular fever it could take a while to get match fit again😞

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Daniel stated "hasnt trained, if he did i would tell you". Some bout of tonsillitis this. If its glandular fever it could take a while to get match fit again😞

Indeed mate if he hasn’t trained atoll , just typical of our luck though  🤦‍♂️

Just now, One five said:

Indeed mate if he hasn’t trained atoll , just typical of our luck though  🤦‍♂️

Agreed, the guy gets here, look the biz then BANG! Glandular fever, whats the chances? 

21 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Agreed, the guy gets here, look the biz then BANG! Glandular fever, whats the chances? 

Same chance is a donkey winning the grand national mate .

5 minutes ago, One five said:

Same chance is a donkey winning the grand national mate .

Not too bad then, i only seem to bet on donkeys. Maybe my luck is changing 

Apologies if this has been asked - but what is the best way to get Premier Sports if you don't have SKY? I have googled it but don't think its particularly clear. I have Freeview and a PS4. Thanks!

Edited by LeftBack

2 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Apologies if this has been asked - but what is the best way to get Premier Sports if you don't have SKY? I have googled in but don't particularly clear. I have Freeview and a PS4. Thanks!

Following

3 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Apologies if this has been asked - but what is the best way to get Premier Sports if you don't have SKY? I have googled in but don't particularly clear. I have Freeview and a PS4. Thanks!

Now TV?

9 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I have now tv but dont think you can add it? 

7 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Yes I have NOW TV 

I thought Premier sports was recently added to their sports package?

Well it was in Ireland anyway.

Edited by The Roller

Holyrood_Hearts
21 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Stayìng up isn't a badge of honour for me.

Winning a Cup is. 

I'd take relegation for a Cup Win every day of the week. 

No chance. Staying up is the priority 

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Screenshot_20200228-145734_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cant find that on the UK version, and €34 euro to basically watch one game is shocking. 

This is Rangers biggest game of the season, that’s straight from the Rangers camp. The message from them is, they simply can’t lose this match. I hope we are as equally up for it. If we play as high a line as Braga then they’ll pick us off easily. I hope we have addressed the weaknesses in our shape etc considering we have had basically a mini break with the St Mirren game postponement. 

5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Cant find that on the UK version, and €34 euro to basically watch one game is shocking. 

If only there was another way to watch the match.🤷

kingantti1874

I just genuinely don’t care about this game, that’s what this cluster**** of a season has done

I’d prefer that we just  don’t risk important players before Tuesday .. no injuries and no humiliation.

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

This is Rangers biggest game of the season, that’s straight from the Rangers camp. The message from them is, they simply can’t lose this match. I hope we are as equally up for it. If we play as high a line as Braga then they’ll pick us off easily. I hope we have addressed the weaknesses in our shape etc considering we have had basically a mini break with the St Mirren game postponement. 

Hope so too but struggling to see it. It’s not just playing too high a line (or not) it’s very basic defending and goalkeeping errors that are costing us the most. I don’t think that’ll be solved this season, let alone with a weeks break. Zero confidence, poor positioning and bad decision making at the back will only be improved in the close season with a change of personnel imo.

11 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

If only there was another way to watch the match.🤷

Aye that's right, I'm going to drive from Ullapool in the snow, down to Edinburgh for an early evening kick off on my busiest day of the week,  to pay £30 when I get there for a ticket, £50-60 in fuel, add in food, parking etc, then get home about midnight in treacherous weather conditions, IF I dont get stuck behind an behind an accident on the average speed camera'd A9 on the way, or have to sit behind all the 40mph freight lorrys on a single carriageway road that will probably have the snow gates shut later on. 

I'm a dedicated supporter but I'm not going to lose earnings to spend well over £100 on a round trip for a probable lack lasture performance to watch. 

Edited by dazajmbo

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Aye that's right, I'm going to drive from Ullapool in the snow, down to Edinburgh for an early evening kick off on my busiest day of the week,  to pay £30 when I get there for a ticket, £50-60 in fuel, add in food, parking etc, then get home about midnight in treacherous weather conditions, then probably get stuck behind an behind an accident on the average speed camera'd A9 on the way, stuck behind all the 40mph freight lorrys on a single carriageway road that will probably have the snow gates shut later on. 

I'm a dedicated supporter but I'm not going to lose earnings to spend well over £100 on a round trip for a probable lack lasture performance to watch. 

Maybe he meant stream it? 😎

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Aye that's right, I'm going to drive from Ullapool in the snow, down to Edinburgh for an early evening kick off on my busiest day of the week,  to pay £30 when I get there for a ticket, £50-60 in fuel, add in food, parking etc, then get home about midnight in treacherous weather conditions, then probably get stuck behind an behind an accident on the average speed camera'd A9 on the way, stuck behind all the 40mph freight lorrys on a single carriageway road that will probably have the snow gates shut later on. 

Wasn't a personal dig at you buddy.

Probably wouldn't go if I was in your position either.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Aye that's right, I'm going to drive from Ullapool in the snow, down to Edinburgh for an early evening kick off on my busiest day of the week,  to pay £30 when I get there for a ticket, £50-60 in fuel, add in food, parking etc, then get home about midnight in treacherous weather conditions, IF I dont get stuck behind an behind an accident on the average speed camera'd A9 on the way, or have to sit behind all the 40mph freight lorrys on a single carriageway road that will probably have the snow gates shut later on. 

Or you could watch it online. 

21 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

While I doubt it, the second goal we lost v. Hamilton started from Souttar crapping out taking the responsibility of accepting a pass from Zlamal.  With JP in goal he knows the pass will be coming so would be better prepared.

Zlamal plays, players want launch ball; Pereira shots on target lead to goals.

Really started by Hickey putting Zlamal under pressure with a needless passback

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe he meant stream it? 😎

5 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Wasn't a personal dig at you buddy.

Probably wouldn't go if I was in your position either.

No worries pal 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Or you could watch it online. 

My previous post asked about streaming it or getting it, hence the reply.

7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

No worries pal 

My previous post asked about streaming it or getting it, hence the reply.

Be plenty streams kicking about but my mate paid the £12 for it on now tv for the week. This and el classico. Not too bad for legit source and hopefully better picture that isnt going to crash.

highlandjambo3

Hi,

Sorry I’m not very online itk with streams and things but, after a wee bit of research and, some posters comments, the nowtv does not appear to be showing the game in the UK, Ireland only.  I’ve used nowtv a few times in the past when the match is on sky but, that “premier channel” is not listed on today’s nowtv listings.