***Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers FC Scottish Cup Quarter Final Tie Official Match Thread***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• sadj

• Greedy Jambo

• GinRummy

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They certainly looked a team in complete disarray tonight. 🙄

Indeed. We need to be on our top game for Saturday 

1 hour ago, Frankfurter said:

Yes, it was confirmed here a week ago:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/everyone-buys-daniel-stendels-plan-toby-sibbick-backs-hearts-boss-and-reveals-date-potential-return-1883890

"The on-loan Barnsley man, who has missed the Jambos' last four games after being struck down by glandular fever, insists that every man in maroon is behind Daniel Stendel."

Thanks for that. Missed it at the time.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Or it feels like nonsense posted to generate your response

I might as well say he is being isolated for possible Coronavirus and await responses

Well didn't that turn out to be an unnecessarily arsey response.

Zlamal

Clare Souttar Halkett Garrucio

Sibbick Irving

Henderson Naismith Donis

Uche

How I would line up vs the huns as we should rest crucial players like Smith, Hickey, Boycey etc for the derby.

Dagger Is Back

Part of the report from the Braga game

Braga's high defensive line was ripe to be exploited and Rangers picked a hole in it early on

Braga didn't really get into the game until it was too late.  I don't think it mattered if they played a high line or not.  They just didn't play well.

I think the situation is too serious to risk all our key players. 

It totally goes against all I believe in as i mostly believe you should play your strongest team available game to game and don’t prioritise.  

However,  I never thought we’d be in this position though. It’d be a nightmare scenario to get a couple of key injuries going into a huge league match.  I’d love to think we’d turn the league campaign around and have another day out at Hampden in May, but right now it’s fanciful to expect both.  

Definitely don't make the players injure their selves trying to win a cup game with a massive 3 pointer on the horizon.  The game needs to be managed very well to try and win but think about the next game.  I am not one for standing down at home.  We can't be shirking home games where the majority of supporters are.

I can believe there are elements of truth in that Rangers story.

I‘m in a real quandary about the team and game against Rangers 

I think we can take them. 

I think our best available team needs more game time working on Stendel’s tactics

Quandary resolved - we have to play our strongest team to ensure our first choices get more practice at this style of football, more chance to gel.

I think it’s the only way

Edited by Jammy T

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

I can believe there are elements of truth in that Rangers story.

I‘m in a real quandary about the team and game against Rangers 

I think we can take them. 

I think our best available team needs more game time working on Stendel’s tactics

Quandary resolved - we have to play our strongest team to ensure our first choices get more practice at this style of football, more chance to gel.

I think it’s the only way

I noticed that Morelos had no involvement in the Braga game and wasn't listed as injured.  That suggests there may be some truth that he is out of favour with Gerard.  Be interesting to see if he is at Tynecastle.

I think we need to put our best side out and have a go.  They haven't had a game for a couple of weeks and leaving them out would deny them more game time before Easter road.

Real Shame if Sibbick misses the Rangers game.  Halkett and Souttar need protection.

25 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I noticed that Morelos had no involvement in the Braga game and wasn't listed as injured.  That suggests there may be some truth that he is out of favour with Gerard.  Be interesting to see if he is at Tynecastle.

I think we need to put our best side out and have a go.  They haven't had a game for a couple of weeks and leaving them out would deny them more game time before Easter road.

Real Shame if Sibbick misses the Rangers game.  Halkett and Souttar need protection.

Morelos was suspended. He will be back on Saturday.

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

You might be onto something, if he wasn't suspended. 

Jambof3tornado
9 hours ago, Frankfurter said:

The first team haven't played for two weeks or more. They need the match practice.

Yup. Kick in the baws to those of us forking out matchday tickets for a game that some are suggesting is pointless and that we should field youngsters in. 

9 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Part of the report from the Braga game

Braga's high defensive line was ripe to be exploited and Rangers picked a hole in it early on

Yup, in fact Braga looked a lot like us against Hamilton, Killie and St. Johnstone. Playing a high pressing game needs really good defending, especially in the middle of the park because as soon as the line is broken then we are in deep 5h1te. 

Calebs Grandad
On 25/02/2020 at 23:02, Mitiestephen said:

I just got sent this from a reliable source, not sure what to think of this tho 

Have this on v good authority 
For your chat with vinny and boys...

7 players caught with postitutes. 4 not disciplined 3 made scapegoats. The four unpunished are Goldson Jack Arfield and Ojo as they are protected by Gerrard at all costs.

The dressing room is split wide. There’s the gang of seven that can do no wrong tav, Goldson , katic, kamara, Kent, Ojo, Jack and Arfield. They are a bunch of ****ing bullies and it’s confined by Gerrard. 
That lot tried to destroy Barasic earlier in the season. He was being counselled at the Priory for a few months for his depression. He wanted to leave but Gerrard and co shit themselves. 
Morelos hasn’t spoken To Gerrard since December. He’s sat through at least 5 disciplinary meetings and never  spoke a word to Robertson and Gerrsrd throughout except to say can I go now. His beef was they’d let him go in January. Robertson vetoed that despite Wilson having already brokered a deal to bring in Vydra to replace Morelos. 
In regard to Wilson, there’s great friction between him and Gerrard. Neil Warnock has agreed to step in as interim manager if Gerrard bolts. He’s being paid a retainer by Rangers at the moment. 
I’m hearing the gerrards are strained since the summer. His wife has no intention of coming up here ever!!!!!!! Perhaps that sets the tone for the future. Interestingly Tom Hartley has bought a property in Mar Hall that’s Alan Pardews new home. Now there’s probably nothing in that but it’s worth bearing in mind??

Here’s next episode
Big mate diehard hoops man has just got this also 😳

Here boys just got this story from jimmy bells boy. Know him through friend of family. He was telling me that over December lot of shite was going down especially with Gerrard and his Mrs. She’s refusing to move up here and has apparently been caught in bed a couple of times wae big scouse heavies. Their trying to muscle in on some turf that relations of Gerrard are involved with and using his wife as a way to get to him. Same guys that got Gary mac a sore one in Leeds as well. Gerrard feeling lot of family pressure apparently one of his kids has turned out isn’t his and this is passing into dressing room. He has a short fuse with players and that’s why he’s been erratic in interviews blaming himself and then throwing players under the bus. Big split in dressing room now all boys who were here before stevie G want him out and Stevie g looks after all his boys. Morelos is wanting away quick sharp he’s got involved too much with a bird he’s been seeing her and wants to **** off asap away from it. He signed the deal to 2024 on premise that he could bolt if he needed to but the hairs are blocking that now. He doesn’t want to be here. That trip to Dubai has fkd a lot of things up players out on piss, younger players throwing money about showing off and rumours couple caught with hookers and coke. Jimmys boys no reason to lie but thought I’d pass it on.

This would be thrown out of court as no Celtic fan spells bhoy as boy 😉

35 minutes ago, john brownlee said:

One is a Hun, one hates us what could go wrong?

The possibilities are endless.

So how are you John? Keeping well I hope.

I have no confidence for this game unless DS has come up with a way to stop us leaking goals. Heart says that we might come up with enough to sneak a win but head says The Rangers will be in the hat for the semi finals.

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I want to win this game. Can't believe there's folk saying this doesn't matter. 

I want to win it too but in the grand scheme of things it is a distant second to league survival. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I want to win it too but in the grand scheme of things it is a distant second to league survival. 

I can't see why we can't do both. If anything, winning this game gives us a huge boost going into the derby. 

GorgieRules22
17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I’ll hazard a guess that the guys that are saying it doesn’t matter much possibly won’t be at the match.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Interesting looking back at the game 25 years ago. Quite a stark difference in that Hearts side, some real quality players laced with shite. 

Was probably Rangers at peak, its the cup, its Tynecastle, anything can happen. Interesting thing about that horrific season, we beat Rangers again at Tynecastle not long after.

Shame that we have so many defecting from this game, not great support for Stendel to be honest, 25 years ago it was Tommy f****g McLean!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I can't see why we can't do both. If anything, winning this game gives us a huge boost going into the derby. 

Precisely, and that is hugely important for belief.

SuperstarSteve

Im of the belief all games matter rather than accepting defeat here to concentrate on the league. 

Im expecting a massive performance on Saturday. If rangers run riot against a fresh leg team then just wow. 

4th semi final in a row is setting standards. let’s hope the lads make it happen. 

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It matters.  Those that say otherwise are fooling themselves.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Going to be a very Hibs like attendance I'm afraid. Just not shifting at all.

After the League game with them surprised but probably shouldn't be. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Precisely, and that is hugely important for belief.

47 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

It matters.  Those that say otherwise are fooling themselves.

Of course it does. Win this, then the Derby and we've got a completely different mindset and momentum. 

5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Of course it does. Win this, then the Derby and we've got a completely different mindset and momentum. 

Exactly, need to start winning games, so it becomes a habit, now's the time Hearts, to go on a winning run, starting Saturday. 

FTR

FTH

HHGH

1-0 Hearts 

VagabondJambo

Rangers' win last night gives me more confidence about us getting a result on Saturday.  Why?  A few reasons . . .

• I'd rather play them when they're on this "high" than when they are in their "last-chance saloon", which they'd have been if they had lost.
  • They don't have a good record of capitalizing on big results (viz. after their win at Celtic Park, and other domestic performances after European wins).  OK, neither do we!
  • It's also been some time since they have strung two good performances together - even two consecutive 45-minutes. (OK, again, same as us!)

Just like they turned off when they went 2-0 up at Ibrox, Braga offered negligible threat last night.  They were very poor.  Yes, they kept their high line, however, they didn't press or offer any decent attack.  Other than going from a very shaky defence (v St. Johnstone) to it being solid last night, very little else impressed me about Rangers' performance.  Back to this "two consecutive performances", that's their good defensive show out of the way!

On Saturday, if we improve our press, take more of our opportunities to shoot, pressurize and harry them when they are in possession, and sustain our high-energy forward play right from the kick-off, we'll be in semi-finals!

Frankly, I don't care how many goals they score!  It's a cup-tie, and I feel confident we will score at least one more than them!

Team-wise, it's got to be our best available.  Winning will be a big boost for next week and beyond, I believe.  I'd prefer Smith at RB to deal with the unpredictable Kent.  Although I've always been a huge Clare fan, he is not a defender, and is prone to being reckless when under pressure.  We need 11 men on the park, and we need Clare in his recent good form.

I'm going for 3-2, or 4-2 to ease the nerves!

Great news for me.  Just spotted that it's live on TV here.  Now hoping that just for once we get the rub of the green.  Early goal instead of early miss.  Washington finding the net at last.  That sort of thing.

Obviously hope we can do ourselves justice.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Great news for me.  Just spotted that it's live on TV here.  Now hoping that just for once we get the rub of the green.  Early goal instead of early miss.  Washington finding the net at last.  That sort of thing.

Obviously hope we can do ourselves justice.

See these part timers...😉

31 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

See these part timers...😉

I know.  I did stand at the Happy Train station for weeks on end to take me to the games but the damned thing never arrived.

FFS Cup match at home - you go out to win it. Surrender monkeys are as bad as the people who constantly want to sell our players for whatever figure they make up to be acceptable...or the people who want every manager sacked all the time.

Edited by Spellczech

I don't get anywhere near Tynecastle as much as i would like nowadays. I will be there for a famous victory on Saturday . **** the team who think they are Glasgow Rangers 

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

FFS Cup match at home - you go out to win it. Surrender monkeys are as bad as the people who constantly want to sell our players for whatever figure they make up to be acceptable...or the people who want every manager sacked all the time.

👍

While a 1-0 win would be acceptable, for my health's sake 2-0 at HT and 3-0 at 90 min. 

Will JP be back for this one?

I am strangely conflicted by this game.  As good as a win would be it would feel pointless if we lost at Easter Road.  It's a distraction we could almost do without BUT we could stay up and end up at Hampden!!  Jeez I need a crystal ball. 

3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I am strangely conflicted by this game.  As good as a win would be it would feel pointless if we lost at Easter Road.  It's a distraction we could almost do without BUT we could stay up and end up at Hampden!!  Jeez I need a crystal ball. 

Stayìng up isn't a badge of honour for me.

Winning a Cup is. 

I'd take relegation for a Cup Win every day of the week. 

8 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

While a 1-0 win would be acceptable, for my health's sake 2-0 at HT and 3-0 at 90 min. 

Will JP be back for this one?

While I doubt it, the second goal we lost v. Hamilton started from Souttar crapping out taking the responsibility of accepting a pass from Zlamal.  With JP in goal he knows the pass will be coming so would be better prepared.

Zlamal plays, players want launch ball; Pereira shots on target lead to goals.

15 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Stayìng up isn't a badge of honour for me.

Winning a Cup is. 

I'd take relegation for a Cup Win every day of the week. 

Nah no way. The embarrassment of being relegated would far out-weigh a cup win. 

I just think about how I'd feel if it was Hibs. "How funny it would be if they were relegated" would be far greater than "How gutted I would be if they won a cup".