***Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers FC Scottish Cup Quarter Final Tie Official Match Thread***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

TweedbankJambo
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

MORNING fellow jambos.............smug is the word.

Thought we were toast after the first 20 minutes but, we then rammed them dry for the rest of the game.

One thing stands out...........the sky pundits so wanted a cheek goal, the countdown for the last 20 minutes was un listenable........”this is a big 20 minutes for rangers..........this is a big 15 minutes for rangers” etc...etc..FFS......even right up into injury time....”what can rangers do in the closing minutes”, they just can’t help themselves.

Another point...... they went on and on about the handball in the box and how it was a second yellow (ok yes I get that) but, conveniently failed to mention had the ref given the handball and subsequent penalty for hearts then that corner would not have happened.

Anyway, the main thing is........get it right roond yi ya west coast weegie arse cheeks and, good bye Gerrard.

Rammed them dry 😂 we sure did! 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• sadj

• Greedy Jambo

• GinRummy

Blind loyalty to the club paid off last night. When I bought the ticket I was thinking this won’t end well but as I got closer to the kick off I was getting more confident we could win the game. Smith at right back and with the two weeks we’ve had on the training pitch I felt if we can defend better we have a decent chance. 

19 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If he’s focusing on the league with that team then fair enough.

if he thinks that’s the best team to beat Rangers he should pack his bag and leave us to it.

The experts on here 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The experts on here 

They all look rather foolish now :lol:

19 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

A ****in joke of a team, wish I hadn’t got a ticket. The fans who never got a ticket bet your glad our managers a *****

19 hours ago, Sertse said:

Ok, what's the real starting 11? Is this German humour?

19 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

No idea what the game plan is with that team. With Walker and Boyce on the bench and zero goals Washington playing its cleary not to win the game 

19 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

if he thinks that’s the best team to beat Rangers he should pack his bag and leave us to it.

:verysmug:

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I need to be honest, I wasn’t all that bothered about the game. Priority is/has been staying up for me. 

That said great result and hopefully something we can build on. Albeit said the same circa 5 weeks ago and it never happened. 

I didn’t think the Rangers or ourselves were particulary good. The Braga result has covered up their pish form since the winter break whilst I thought we more balanced and solid, felt we lackef creativity, However, not chasing the  game, as we constantly seem to lately, was a massive bonus. 

Thought Dilamona was immense. He’s strange I often watch him and he gives me the fear but he’s never really let us down and arguably been better than some our more highly regarded players, 

The ref was appalling irrespective of what side you support.

Setting up and playing slightly differently it helped us and let’s hope DS and players have maybe learned something from this. 

It’s a great victory and we should enjoy it, however, everyone needs to remember we are still rock bottom of the league and need to be fighting for our life’s. We need to start getting results in the league as the consequence to relegation will be horrendous for us. 

Hopefully we kick on, get ourselves out this mess and could maybe focus on the cup, as this season has been brutal on so many levels.

My sentiments entirely. One question: when have you seen a referee clearly award a goal then change his mind after being surrounded by Rangers players. It is of no consequence that it was clearly a hand ball and therefore no goal, but for a referee to change his mind after protest from opposition players is surely unprecedented. Someone said Willie Collum told him in his ear that it was a hand ball but he was 50 yards away from the incident.

maroonedinbriz
12 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

My sentiments entirely. One question: when have you seen a referee clearly award a goal then change his mind after being surrounded by Rangers players. It is of no consequence that it was clearly a hand ball and therefore no goal, but for a referee to change his mind after protest from opposition players is surely unprecedented. Someone said Willie Collum told him in his ear that it was a hand ball but he was 50 yards away from the incident.

I was thinking about this earlier on. Did the linesman say something or did Collum use video - the first case of VAR in Scotland. If so why didn't he speak up for the penalty claim.

Brighton Jambo
20 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The experts on here 

Isn’t that the point of a fans forum, people giving opinions?  Some you get right, some you get wrong.  

if people hold their hand up when they do get it wrong then what’s the issue.

On 29/02/2020 at 15:51, sadj said:

Surely if you are going to throw £12 at premier which gives not one hoot about anyone except Rangers and Celtic you’d be better getting a vpn and getting Hearts TV so the money goes to the club? 

I already have Hearts TV, i've tried the VPN route before and struggled to get it working. Do you have a recommended one as i would rather use that than pay for Premier again as you say!

132goals1958
On 01/03/2020 at 01:08, Kiwidoug said:

If that's correct, I was there.  I was there even if it isn't correct of course.  4-0 defeat.  Very disappointing.  Was sitting on the track with thousands of other kids.  Saw myself on the telly when Alex Scott took a corner near me.

Doesn't half make me feel old.

What I recall from that game was a howler from Wilson Brown  who let a simple save fall from his hands over the line

I am assuming that those clowns on Sportscene wear an earliece so that they can be fed information if they get a bit tongue tied or forget what they are supposedf to be saying.

So it is surely pefectly a perfect means to tell a pundit that he has called a player by the wrong name.

James McFudd ( sorry I don't have an earpiece in ) referred to the assist for Bozanic's goal by Lewis Smith.  To make matters worse they obviously don't even realise that his name is MOORE as they called him Smith on the highlights as well as in the studio later.

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Isn’t that the point of a fans forum, people giving opinions?  Some you get right, some you get wrong.  

if people hold their hand up when they do get it wrong then what’s the issue.

But you and others dismissed the team selected. Basically that it was rubbish.

Maybe some reasoned arguments on the team and how it might be better are too much to ask just before a game. 

Calling out those who dismissed team's chances is fair enough. It was a curious team selection but a lot of us back whoever is playing and wish them the best. Fortunately football keeps surprising us. 

(I'd still like to know what Damour was thinking at the 'goal') 

Edited by Mikey1874

August Landmesser
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe some reasoned arguments on the team and how it might be better are too much to ask just before a game. 

Calling out those who dismissed team's chances is fair enough. It was a curious team selection but a lot of us back whoever is playing and wish them the best. Fortunately football keeps surprising us. 

(I'd still like to know what Damour was thinking at the 'goal'

It's hard to see on the replays, but I get the sense he felt a slight shove in his back, and waved his arms around to draw the ref's attention - the ball then pinged off them, accidentally.

The ref must have felt it was an unintentional handball (I think he signals a free-kick, and the linesman stayed put instead of running to the halfway line) because of the contact, shat it from giving a penalty but then decided not to book Damour (even though I think he was supposed to? Can't remember the rules on this now).

No harm done in the end, but I was fuming at the time!

Pasquale for King
23 hours ago, Des' Dad said:

Watch it again he gives the foul IMMEDIATELY, he then wanders back to the spot where the foul happened. If he gave the goal he would’ve moved forward. I’m in the main stand opposite the incident and it was clear right away it was a hand ball, hardly anyone noticed including the horrible *******s closest to it. The Rangers players wanted a second yellow card. Why Damour didn’t just head the ball is the real mystery for me.

tartofmidlothian
23 hours ago, RDSK said:

What an absolutely incredible day yesterday was. Dikamona and Bozanic superb! Back to Hampden again! 

I don't think either of them are vintage footballers, but their attitude, work rate and determination are outstanding. We need characters like this right now.

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

What I recall from that game was a howler from Wilson Brown  who let a simple save fall from his hands over the line

0-4 must have come as bit of a shock - before I was born, but I gather we had a pretty okay team in 1957?

12 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I don't think either of them are vintage footballers, but their attitude, work rate and determination are outstanding. We need characters like this right now.

You’re bang on. All we can ask is that they run themselves into the ground and defend like their lives depend on it. On those two points neither Clevid nor Olly can be faulted. 

132goals1958
17 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

0-4 must have come as bit of a shock - before I was born, but I gather we had a pretty okay team in 1957?

We certainly did as that was a real vintage period for us. Guess it was just one of those days. Rangers and Celtic had there usual crop of internationals which makes it all the more remarkable we strolled our way to the title with a record amount of goals . To put things in perspective Celtic even during their halcyon period of the 60s 70s, never got near our goals scored 57/58. The league was also a lot more competitive in those days with no expensive foreign imports. 

durhamhearts
On 01/03/2020 at 12:15, maroonedinbriz said:

I was thinking about this earlier on. Did the linesman say something or did Collum use video - the first case of VAR in Scotland. If so why didn't he speak up for the penalty claim.

I witnessed a hearts player sent off at old love street after the 4th official watched a replay on the tv monitor sorry I can’t remember any more details but chaos was not the word 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

(I'd still like to know what Damour was thinking at the 'goal') 

People offer opinions all the time without lengthy justification. Some you get right, some wrong, but none of us are always right and no one here can tell the future. 

There are those that are relentlessly negative but BJ isn't one of them.

44 minutes ago, Smithee said:

People offer opinions all the time without lengthy justification. Some you get right, some wrong, but none of us are always right and no one here can tell the future. 

There are those that are relentlessly negative but BJ isn't one of them.

On 29/02/2020 at 16:19, jambo1975 said:

No idea what the game plan is with that team. With Walker and Boyce on the bench and zero goals Washington playing its cleary not to win the game 

On 29/02/2020 at 16:26, Brighton Jambo said:

I don't think Stendel should pack his bags and leave.

Do you? 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Do you? 

I don't. So what?

joondalupjambo
On 01/03/2020 at 01:02, CJGJ said:

I believe that this was no surprise...Rangers have not beaten us in the cup at Tynecastle since 1957

As per the bbc stats

Jeez never knew that, the year I was born!!  

durhamhearts
1 hour ago, durhamhearts said:

I witnessed a hearts player sent off at old love street after the 4th official watched a replay on the tv monitor sorry I can’t remember any more details but chaos was not the word 

it was Michael Stewart straight red "Straight red Violent Conduct. Swung a leg at Murray , when that failed to make contact, he pushed him over. Sent off on advice of 4th official."

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, durhamhearts said:

it was Michael Stewart straight red "Straight red Violent Conduct. Swung a leg at Murray , when that failed to make contact, he pushed him over. Sent off on advice of 4th official."

who was  the ref and 4th official that day?

durhamhearts
21 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

22 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

22 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

image.png

durhamhearts

Sat 08 Nov 2008 15:00
St Mirren 0 Hearts 1
SPL 12 of 38
Love Street Paisley Scotland
Ref: Mike McCurry Glasgow

On 01/03/2020 at 00:38, CJGJ said:

Re the Gerrard up the tunnel chat....he waited for about 30 seconds or so but Daniel was still involved in the celebrations with staff and players..he then went up the tunnel and shortly after Daniel ran down the tunnel to catch him up

A total non story

Now as to what happens with Gerrard it may be a different story regarding do I stay or do I go.

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Do you? 

Seriously how many times do you want to quote my one post from Saturday?  Isn’t their kickback rules against harassment.  I came straight on after the game and commented that I got it wrong and was delighted to do so and yet you have raised it twice since then.  Give it a rest.  

11 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I am assuming that those clowns on Sportscene wear an earliece so that they can be fed information if they get a bit tongue tied or forget what they are supposedf to be saying.

So it is surely pefectly a perfect means to tell a pundit that he has called a player by the wrong name.

James McFudd ( sorry I don't have an earpiece in ) referred to the assist for Bozanic's goal by Lewis Smith.  To make matters worse they obviously don't even realise that his name is MOORE as they called him Smith on the highlights as well as in the studio later.

I have to say that Smith's assist was great and Berkovich took his chance really well.

I'm auditioning.