Weight bench in the flat.

Greedy Jambo

Going a bit mental with the new topics here but hey ho. 

I stay in a top flat with one other below me, the floor feels solid, almost like it's concrete. 

Can it withstand a weight bench though?

I'm not wanting to fall through the floor onto the old dears breakfast. 

1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

Should be alright some people have a piano or fish tank

without any problem 

Fish tanks and pianos are heavy but are they weight bench and a big lad heavy?

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Fish tanks and pianos are heavy but are they weight bench and a big lad heavy?

I would imagine both are aye. 

I bet if you tallied up the combined weight of the bench bars and weights it wouldnt come to more that 2 people in a double bed.

This is all sounding too good to be true. 

I need someone to come on and ask me where the beams are placed ( i have no idea by the way)

If you're flat can't handle a weight bench then it's unstable and not fit to live in. Would you expect the floor to fall in if you had 30 people round?

Ken, but that's not gonna get me the women. 

You'll need a personality for that, no a writer bench.

Just now, IronJambo said:

You'll need a personality for that, no a writer bench.

Currently googling personality bench. 

3 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

If you're flat can't handle a weight bench then it's unstable and not fit to live in. Would you expect the floor to fall in if you had 30 people round?

The old Stewart Milne special

Ken, but that's not gonna get me the hounds.

"Here Doll, wunt tae see ma weight bench"

If it works you crack on chief. 

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

"Here Doll, wunt tae see ma weight bench"

If it works you crack on chief. 

Mate, have you seen how many women watch love island? They don't watch it for the pool tables. 

Just now, Victorian said:

It will if you can lift it.

It's foldable mate, you can put it away in a cupboard when the BURSDS come round. 

3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

It's foldable mate, you can put it away in a cupboard when the BURSDS come round. 

I was talking about the pool table.

:tlj:

10 minutes ago, mutley said:

The old Stewart Milne special

I had a flat at Kepplestone and my water tank burst. the neighbours were panicking that it would cause the flats to collapse into the car park because it was Stewarty Milne builds 😆🤷🏻‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Going a bit mental with the new topics here but hey ho. 

I stay in a top flat with one other below me, the floor feels solid, almost like it's concrete. 

Can it withstand a weight bench though?

I'm not wanting to fall through the floor onto the old dears breakfast. 

Find out what time the old dear has her breakfast, use the weight bench at other times.

Problem solved.  :thumbsup:

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Ah right, went right over my head that one haha

Should be fine iv got a rack plus a multigym and easy 200kg of weight sitting on my floor. Add that to me , my brother in law and mate when we train together and there has been no problems.

How much weight are you looking at though , need to pick the weight bench carefully as some won’t take you plus the weight

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Find out what time the old dear has her breakfast, use the weight bench at other times.

Problem solved.  :thumbsup:

There's nae chance of me lifting weights in the morning to be fair, i can barely get my lazy arse up for work in time.

There's nae chance of me lifting weights in the morning to be fair, i can barely get my lazy arse up for work in time.

😂😂😂 If ya can get yourself in the routine of it its a good way to set yourself up for the day. But mostly get your body used to training at the same sort of time , your body is smart it’ll learn that routine and work with you.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Should be fine iv got a rack plus a multigym and easy 200kg of weight sitting on my floor. Add that to me , my brother in law and mate when we train together and there has been no problems.

How much weight are you looking at though , need to pick the weight bench carefully as some won’t take you plus the weight

Have you got someone living below you though? 

Quick calculation, I'm about 100kg, weights for a noob, 50kg, bench must be, i dunno, 10. 

16 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Have you got someone living below you though? 

Quick calculation, I'm about 100kg, weights for a noob, 50kg, bench must be, i dunno, 10. 

You need to make sure the weight bench you buy can support you and the weight. if 50kg is all you will be doing you should be fine. Look at Mirafit they have lots of good equipment £50 will get you a decent bench from them that will take up to around 250kg no bother

6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Join pure gym. 

It will be cheaper than the insurance excess. 

**** Pure Gym esp if its Kittybrewster , I heard unless you are a coke dealer or spend your life doing only fans/admire me you canna work there 😂😂

8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Join pure gym. 

It will be cheaper than the insurance excess. 

Could be @Space Pirate is not confident enough to go to the gym , can be intimidating to start with for some. 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Could be @Space Pirate is not confident enough to go to the gym , can be intimidating to start with for some. 

I don't have the motivation to go to the gym. I was thinking if i had a bench there in the livingroom, i would use it. 

Probably just hing clothes on it mind you. 

I don't have the motivation to go to the gym. I was thinking if i had a bench there in the livingroom, i would use it. 

Probably just hing clothes on it mind you. 

Yeah , thats quite common too , you got a mate you could go with? Do you have the discipline to make yourself train at home? 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yeah , thats quite common too , you got a mate you could go with? Do you have the discipline to make yourself train at home? 

I've got bugger all discipline, i'd be sent off every saturday. 

Beams? 

I'm no even sure where the plug sockets are. 

Ahhh if you have Plug sockets you can’t use a weight bench. It defies the laws of physics to have both in a room

Better call Saul

Won't there be an noise issue when the bars with weights rattle against the stand 

My mother has some fitness lad above her in her flat and she constantly goes on about hearing the thumping on the floor or noises of metal again metal she is a fair age and her tolerance level is low but still has a point. 

If you're looking at a foldable one that you can put away I'm guessing you won't be using a rack?

If that's the case, in all honesty I'd just skip the bench and a bar entirely at this point. Get some kettle bells and dumbbells and just do standing exercises and presses from the floor.

7 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Won't there be an noise issue when the bars with weights rattle against the stand 

My mother has some fitness lad above her in her flat and she constantly goes on about hearing the thumping on the floor or noises of metal again metal she is a fair age and her tolerance level is low but still has a point. 

I can hear her coughing at night so fairs fair. 

22 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

if hes lifting a lot of weight he should have the decency to put down decent matting under the equipment. 

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

if hes lifting a lot of weight he should have the decency to put down decent matting under the equipment. 

Got the matting.  I think it's all systems go.  Bring on the pectorals. 

I doubt your floor will be concrete if you live in a top floor flat. :laugh:

Most likely Caberdek if it feels solid and if it is reasonably newish. 

Unless you are Eddie Hall, I'd imagine you will be fine. 

53 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Got the matting.  I think it's all systems go.  Bring on the pectorals. 

What matting did you get. You really don’t need to spend huge amounts on any of it. But you do need to buy good quality stuff.

11 hours ago, sadj said:

What matting did you get. You really don’t need to spend huge amounts on any of it. But you do need to buy good quality stuff.

Ach its probably not even matting. It's like black firm foamy stuff that you can fit together like a jigsaw.

It's just to protect the floor from the bench. 

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Ach its probably not even matting. It's like black firm foamy stuff that you can fit together like a jigsaw.

That stuff works fine to be honest. Its not heavy duty equipment so that should dampen the sound more than enough

24 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I’m just about to put a weights bench, barbell and dumbbells on gumtree. I could PM you some details if you want? Not wanting much for them. 

1 hour ago, Bordeaux 03 said:

I’m just about to put a weights bench, barbell and dumbbells on gumtree. I could PM you some details if you want? Not wanting much for them. 

Sent you a pm 👍