2 FROM 3?

Henroddy

A few weeks ago we were in a mess along with Ross County, St Johnstone, Hamilton and St Mirren. St Johnstone have been picking up the points and with Ross County's win over Aberdeen yesterday we ARE getting cut adrift. It now seems likely that it will be 2 from ourselves, Hamilton and St Mirren who will end up in the bottom 2 places. Do you think we will get out of this mess we are in? On paper we have the players (but sadly the game isn't played on paper).

It's two from two.

At worst, Hearts will finish 10th.

Piss poor, of course, but it's the best we can "achieve" now and we will.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think we've got a run in us before the end of the season.

So do I.  I'm certain we will finish better than 10th.  Dont think it's willful thinking either.  Dont think the others will have players of the calibre of Smith, SN, Boyce, Wasington.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

It's two from two.

Give me one valid reason why we will?

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

So do I.  I'm certain we will finish better than 10th.  Dont think it's willful thinking either.  Dont think the others will have players of the calibre of Smith, SN, Boyce, Wasington.

Better than 10th?? How many points are Ross County now in front of us? 🤔

Catching Ross County isn’t impossible......they’re 10 ahead but we’ve got a game in hand and still to play them twice.

It’s going to take a huge turnaround in our form and fortunes but it’s doable.

I think we should just concentrate on catching the team above us and see where that takes us.  TBH I would take a play off right this minute.  

1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

I think we should just concentrate on catching the team above us and see where that takes us.  TBH I would take a play off right this minute.  

Agreed.

Play off slot is not a guarantee of survival, but it is a bit of a slog for the championship teams to get through from 2nd, 3rd or 4th to meet the SPL team. A lot of games. 

I would settle for 11th just now.

Italian Lambretta

Sadly every other team in the bottom half of the table are playing better than us and more importantly have a lot more confidence.

We're ****ed!

Mid Calder Jambo
23 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

So would Budge for the income.  That would cap a successful season for her.

Captain Lithuania
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Would bite your hand off for the playoff tbh

Yep. Realistically speaking a playoff is as best we can hope for. 

Horatio Caine

Trouble is, teams like Hamilton go through this every season.  They can deal with it much easier than our superstars who may never have been in this position in their puff.

Nucky Thompson
25 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Yep. Realistically speaking a playoff is as best we can hope for. 

Bollocks. Still 33 points to play for and none against OF.

There are only 3 points between 10th and 12th

William H. Bonney
7 hours ago, martoon said:

It's two from two.

Surely you mean at best. 

Captain Lithuania
27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What have you saw over the course of the season that makes you think we’ll deliver over these 11 games?

We are behind Hamilton and St. Mirren for a reason. 

Weakened Offender

I think we will be bottom. The majority of our players do not give a single toss about the club, most know they'll be fine if we go down. They are a collection of utter *****. 

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

What have you saw over the course of the season that makes you think we’ll deliver over these 11 games?

We are behind Hamilton and St. Mirren for a reason. 

I think we can improve and go on a Run. I also think Hamilton and St Mirren are at their peak and won't get any better.

There are a lot of points still to play for, so I'm not buying that the best we can hope for is a playoff place

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think we will be bottom. The majority of our players do not give a single toss about the club, most know they'll be fine if we go down. They are a collection of utter *****. 

That's the spirit. I hope that the players have a better mindset than you 

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I think we can improve and go on a Run. I also think Hamilton and St Mirren are at their peak and won't get any better.

There are a lot of points still to play for, so I'm not buying that the best we can hope for is a playoff place

I hope you are right but I honestly think a playoff is the absolute best we can hope for. 

If we win a couple of games in a row suddenly it all changes, we need to actually win those games though.

Honestly, over the piece? We deserve to be where we are. Footballing department has been run like a jobs for the boys holiday club meets retirement home. This is chickens coming home to roost. 

Hopefully DS can keep us up and we can spend the summer reshaping the team to reflect his style more effectively. A true sweeper keeper that can actually save shots will make a world of difference for what we need. 

Jambof3tornado
59 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

This. Lets not lie down and die just yet.

Tokyo Drifter
11 hours ago, Henroddy said:

A few weeks ago we were in a mess along with Ross County, St Johnstone, Hamilton and St Mirren. St Johnstone have been picking up the points and with Ross County's win over Aberdeen yesterday we ARE getting cut adrift. It now seems likely that it will be 2 from ourselves, Hamilton and St Mirren who will end up in the bottom 2 places. Do you think we will get out of this mess we are in? On paper we have the players (but sadly the game isn't played on paper).

The fact that it's down to these three clubs is good. When we were last relegated we didn't have a clear rival for the drop, which was one of the problems. Now we know it's us, St Midden or Accies. I reckon we're good for a playoff spot but only if we pick up at least a couple of points against Aberdeen, Motherwell and The Flumps.

We have 6 games before the Split:

Hibs away, Motherwell at home, Livi away, Ross County at home, Aberdeen away, and then a re-arranged game away to St Mirren. 

Not the easiest run, but we've been so horrendous this season, it doesn't really matter who we've got.  One saving grace is we don't have to play either of the Uglies again this season, but both Hamilton and St Mirren have at least 1 Old Firm game each, and some top 6 teams left to play, so we can hope they drop points in at least half their games, but if they drop any points, we need to be winning our fixtures when they do.  We pretty much have to win at least 3 of our games in order to not be in the bottom 2 spots come the Split. 

Maroon tinted glasses firmly on, but the home tie against Ross County is winnable, and a trip to Pittodrie who are looking even more rank than us has some hope, especially given they're one of the only teams we've been able to beat this season.  St Mirren are piling up fixtures, so hopefully that can be used to our advantage (and tbh, if we can't beat St Mirren, we really don't deserve to stay in the league.  We always raise our game against Hibs, who have been scoring goals, but that just papers over their powderpuff defence, so I'd be hopeful of taking at least a point there.

We're lucky, in a round-about way,  that we'll be bottom 6 post-Split, as it gives us a potential 15 points to play for against the supposed weaker sides in the league.

We are 2 points behind Hamilton with a game in hand.  Things will very quickly change, even with just a couple of wins, but man are we leaving it late to do it.

Bazzas right boot

Looking likley. 

Still hopefull of a little run, say 4/5 wins out of 7/8 games. 

That looks increasingly unlikely tho. 

The 2  games v St mirren and  1 v Hamilton could be decisive if things continue as the are. 

Although we've played better, we don't look like winning a game,, mainly as we continue to go behind. 

If we can score first, maybe we'll win a game or two. 

We must have only scored first in a handful of games this season. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
Just now, scottg71 said:

It's all heading towards a play off with Robbo's Caley Thistle.

Who we'll also be playing in the sc final. 

A triple header...... 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Anyone feeling comfortable should take into consideration we have only won 3 games all season and yet to be Hamilton or Ross County. 

In fact only team in the bottom 6 we have beaten is St Mirren. 

Add that to further toils against Dundee United East Fife and Stenhousemuir we are most likely to get relegated unless we wake up. 

But that can only be an if on all known form this season 

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

I think we've got a run in us before the end of the season.

Likewise, but it does feel like I've been telling myself this since December time. 

Still confident we will stay up, but it's going to be a nail biter, that's for sure. 

St Mirren have the hardest run up to split and I think will finish bottom because of it - they have Celtic, Rangers and Motherwell all away from home, plus us still to play before the split. Hamilton have both Rangers and Motherwell away from home, and we have Hibs and Motherwell as our two toughest games. 

I think we're looking at 10th place.

There's no way of saying how it will go.

We can say we're more than good enough to get out of this, we should be good enough and we should be out of the relegation zone already. 

That's clearly not the case however. Unless we start by beating Hibs next week, it's going to be incredibly tough and I don't think we can predict our safety at all. 

If we hadn't had conceded 13 goals in our last 5 games, I might be more inclined to think otherwise. 

It is definitely between us, St Mirren and Hamilton. I think Ross County will pick up enough points to finish 9th. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's the spirit. I hope that the players have a better mindset than you 

People die hoping, pal. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we can score first, maybe we'll win a game or two. 

We must have only scored first in a handful of games this season. 

Some sobering figures on this...no team has scored first less times than us...

We have only scored first 4 times all season.

We haven't scored first away from home this season.

We have only won one match after scoring first this season.

We have taken 6 points scoring first (from 4 matches), Hamilton 9 points (from 9 matches scoring first) and St Mirren 13 points (from 5 matches scoring first).

A big takeaway...don't concede the first goal to St Mirren!!!

Edited by JamboGraham

12 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

We have taken 6 points scoring first (from 4 matches), Hamilton 9 points (from 9 matches scoring first) and St Mirren 13 points (from 5 matches scoring first).

An eye watering read.

This is why we'll likely go down, or end up in the play-off. Not a chance we will go 'on a run' and win two on the bounce, which we will need, if we want to stay up this season.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Tbh, considering we've not scored first that much it actually makes our results better in a weird way. 

A goal down to hibs and rangers, won. 

Came back v Hamilton and saints recently. 

We would actually have made some progress on coming back from a goal down (which we rarely did) if all other things were equal, unfortunately they're not. 

We need to score first and then hopefully win more ****ing games. 

Every stat put about is a relegation stat. 

We néed to change that. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

People die hoping, pal. 

People who don't have hope die too. 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Correct! There's some real nonsense being slavered on this thread. Of course it's possible we won't hit any sort of run of form and results, and will end up getting relegated, but the suggestion that we have no realistic hope of catching a St Liedown that are only 3 points ahead of us and, although they've got a game in hand, still have to play both arse cheeks, is such utter garbage that it's hard to know where to begin!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/middlesbrough-crisis-deepens-defender-warns-there-no-better-game-leeds-united-bounce-back-1888764

This guy gets it, doesn't play for Hearts though