• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin

• ri Alban

• The Real Maroonblood

• Dawnrazor

So many. :(  I got my fix from football and that seemed to be enough for me at the time but I really wish in hindsight I'd seen (to name but a few) :

Fishbone

Prince

Stone Roses

Just now, ArcticJambo said:

So many. :(  I got my fix from football and that seemed to be enough for me at the time but I really wish in hindsight I'd seen (to name but a few) :

Fishbone

Prince

Stone Roses

I saw Fishbone a few time, really good........sorry!

Okay, assumed you meant realistically could have seen, not necessarily those you could have seen unless you had time-travelled, were of age, or avoided when they were shite!

2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Okay, assumed you meant realistically could have seen, not necessarily those you could have seen unless you had time-travelled, were of age, or avoided when they were shite!

No, whatever you like, time travel is permitted!

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I saw Fishbone a few time, really good........sorry!

Think they did their first tour of the UK in '89 and my sister went down to Leeds to see them (she was living in York at the time); said they were mental!  Hate her too, haha.

If time travel is in then it makes it even harder (well, maybe not!) ...

Funkadelic

Rolling Stones (at Altamont, hey why not!)

The Specials

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

The Doors

Flowered Up

Loads who are still on the go but I'm too lazy to bother 😁

Flowered up? Wow

7 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Flowered up? Wow

Haha loved them back in the day.  Always feel a bit sad they were wrecked so badly through drugs. 😁

2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

The Kinks

I saw them a couple of times at the Playhouse. Always a great gig. 

Obviously loads of classics but a real regret was never seeing The Stranglers before Hugh Cornwell left. 

Black Sabbath at Download 2012, had the chance to go but turned it down to go on holiday. 

Soundgarden before Cornell died. 

And every band rock band from the 60's and 70's before I was born. 

Craig Gordons Gloves

Queen as said already

Bowie

Prince (his intimate gigs at Paisley Park, had the chance once but something came up, always assumed we could get to another, which obviously never happened)

New Order 

The Jam.                                                                            Joy Division.

Edited by weegranty

You could extend this to bands you saw but didn't see at a particular era.    I've seen The Damned about 15 to 20 times from the mid 80s but really wish I could have seen the Brian James era band un 76 or 77,  as well as the Paul Gray era band in the early 80s.

Just now, Victorian said:

You could extend this to bands you saw but didn't see at a particular era.    I've seen The Damned about 15 to 20 times from the mid 80s but really wish I could have seen the Brian James era band un 76 or 77,  as well as the Paul Gray era band in the early 80s.

All the punk ones I seen in their prime.

Weller done the right thing wrapping up The Jam when he did. I just wish Strummer did it earlier with The Clash. I could have went to see them when it was a five piece with only Stummer and Paul S but glad I declined.

Buzzcocks, Untertones were the only ones who pulled it off really later in the 80’s 90’s. Damned were decent in the 80’s when the Captain took to the guitar.

Natural progression like Joy Division to New Order was the way to do it. Seen both and it really worked.

Just now, the general said:

The Who

Stones

Springsteen

COULD HAVE GOT FREEBIES FOR THEM ALL BUT MY PUNK ETHICS GOT IN THE WAY

Ha, ain’t that the truth !

Seen Thin Lizzy when Jailbreak came out.

Still up there as one of the best gigs ever. Brian Robertson on guitar. Would have liked to have seen them with Gary Moore, a quite magnificent guitarist, but punk’s hook was in deep !

Alice Cooper was another. Huge fan but never got the chance to see him/them.

Played recently with original line-up but thought it would be a bit naff, so declined that. Hydro in Glasgow...no thanks !

Too many to mention as I haven't been to many concerts, but in light of my comment on the other thread, I'd have to pick ones I didn't see but could've at TITP 2004, The Charlatans, Kasabian, Wu Tang Clan just to name a few.

41 minutes ago, Boab said:

Still up there as one of the best gigs ever. Brian Robertson on guitar. Would have liked to have seen them with Gary Moore, a quite magnificent guitarist, but punk’s hook was in deep !

Played recently with original line-up but thought it would be a bit naff, so declined that. Hydro in Glasgow...no thanks !

Saw Cooper twice in the late 90's and early 2002, he was brilliant I was not a huge fan at the time but this won me over. If you get a chance go see him.

Edited by micole

17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I forgot The Osmonds.

:laugh:

I passed up the opportunity to see Pink Floyd in Rotterdam in 1998 or 99, can't remember why.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I passed up the opportunity to see Pink Floyd in Rotterdam in 1998 or 99, can't remember why.

:greggy:

Seymour M Hersh

Beatles

ZZ Top (still time hopefully)

Lynyrd Skynyrd

ELP (remember when they wanted to play the Castle Esplanade just after the Tattoo but the council poo poo'd it (boooo)).

N Lincs Jambo

Slade, The Who pre Keith Moon’s death (saw them in 13), The Beatles, Wings, Queen, Cream, Motorhead, Sex Pistols. Plenty more I can’t recall just now.

28 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Joy Division

6th October 1979: Odeon, Edinburgh, Scotland 
On tour with the Buzzcock

just saying

😪

2 hours ago, Boab said:

Alice Cooper was my first gig, he was epic! Mate of mine's just been on tour with him in Australia actually, said the whole band and crew are top, top people.