• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy Brown

• IronJambo

• Jambof3tornado

• The Internet

Unbelievable after seeing the replays

Who is on the VAR thing for this game? They should be named if they aren't already like all the other officials. Curious to see their credentials.

I didn't think it was a red. Pretty much exactly for the reason in that Mark Chapman tweet.

VAR now saying it should have been a red.

Edited by hughesie27

Now they're admitting he should've been sent off after all.

:laugh: 

An absolute shambles of a system that doesn't help football in the slightest.

23 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

End of the day it’s the same incompetent referees making the decisions. Would be even worse up here 

As ICT’s Keatings’ appeal proved.  

Edited by Paolo

I think it was a red but also if you look at his reaction immediately afterwards I think he regretted what he did. Latter part is irrelevant for the card decision tho. 

that is two weeks in a row chelsea have been done over by VAR for red cards, maguire should have got a red for kicking batshuayi and so should lo celso in this match

Jambof3tornado
32 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Needs to be a screen at pitch side. By Jesus how can they not give that as a red card. 

There is a monitor available. Fir some reason the refs just dont or wont use it!!

Jambof3tornado
37 minutes ago, kila said:

Unbelievable after seeing the replays

Who is on the VAR thing for this game? They should be named if they aren't already like all the other officials. Curious to see their credentials.

Pretty sure the names come up at the start alongside the rest of the match officials.

VAR doesn't work, it merely spoils the game and creates more controversy. They ****ed up something that should have been simple and easy to use. 

41 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Someone needs to snap that wee prick. Should've had about 4 cards by now

This, he should have been off for the stamp but even allowing for it not being serious foul play, how on earth didn't he end up with two yellows over the game?!?

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

The VAR guy now changes his mind and says it should have been a red. :cornette: 

Farcical carry on.

i think it was more the higher ups in the VAR building 

Its here to stay...  At least at English top flight up till now......

I must admit i like how it gets up the MOTD pundits noses on a Saturday night.....   I suppose they will have to accept the outcomes but it annoys them  :)

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

i think it was more the higher ups in the VAR building 

Ah right. 

Thought it was strange. 

now bournemouth have a goal ruled out as there was a handball in their box so no goal and pen to burnley. 

exactly the same situation that has happened in two liVARpool games but the liVARpool goals were not overturned for penalties for southampton and man city

Just now, Irufushi said:

Goal line technology should have been the end of it , var is mince. 

VAR seemed to work quite well until the EPL got their hands on it.

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

I hear that fans are hardly daring to cheer goals in England now. What must that be like?

I wouldn't be celebrating goals if I supported a team down there. 

26 minutes ago, redjambo said:

VAR seemed to work quite well until the EPL got their hands on it.

some of the decisions in serie A last season were baffling as well. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I wouldn't be celebrating goals if I supported a team down there. 

Don't know about you but when the ball's in the net my first look is at the linesman then the ref while I'm cheering.

With VAR what do you do?

Footballfirst

The incompetence suggests that the PGMOL does't want VAR at all.  If they screw it up often enough, then the clamour from the clubs to ditch it will be overwhelming.

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Mic the refs up like they do in the rugby

That's only international rugby. 

But..... SPFL guess what image.png.b5462564f16129c5802748511e1b7bba.png    

image.png

Just now, H2 said:

That's only international rugby. 

But..... SPFL guess what image.png.b5462564f16129c5802748511e1b7bba.png    

image.png

All refs talk to their linesmen and fourth official but the audio isn't played on the TV or highlights

Footballfirst

The VAR ref that didn't judge Kevin De Bruyne's hand ball in the wall at a free kick and Ederson's two handed punch on Iheanacho' chin in the Leicester v Man City game as penalties is the same VAR ref who adjudicated the Chelsea v Tottenham game earlier today.

Edited by Footballfirst

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The VAR ref that didn't judge Kevin De Bruyne's hand ball in the wall at a free kick and Ederson's two handed punch on Iheanacho' chin in the Leicester v Man City game as penalties is the same VAR ref who adjudicated the Chelsea v Tottenham game earlier today.

Just gave one to city. Yet none for debruynes handball.

Shite.

Great save.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I hear that fans are hardly daring to cheer goals in England now. What must that be like?

We were getting used to not cheering goals too to be fair!!

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The VAR guy now changes his mind and says it should have been a red. :cornette: 

Farcical carry on.

The reaction on social media in only a few minutes after the decision the VAR officials made clearly changed their minds

On top of the Harry McGuire decision earlier in the week those in charge knew they were becoming a joke and immediate pressure was made to bear.

One thing, in admitting they got it wrong why not send the player off at that time...a double whammy for the opposition is the result and surely better late than never

I just cannot understand the agenda the VAR officials seem to have..this protection of the referee has gone too far

There are moans and groans about VAR are in many ways down to the VAR officials themselves and those in charge should consider their position 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The reaction on social media in only a few minutes after the decision the VAR officials made clearly changed their minds

On top of the Harry McGuire decision earlier in the week those in charge knew they were becoming a joke and immediate pressure was made to bear.

One thing, in admitting they got it wrong why not send the player off at that time...a double whammy for the opposition is the result and surely better late than never

I just cannot understand the agenda the VAR officials seem to have..this protection of the referee has gone too far

There are moans and groans about VAR are in many ways down to the VAR officials themselves and those in charge should consider their position 

Still dont see why the ref doesn't go look at the monitor.

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Still dont see why the ref doesn't go look at the monitor.

Yup.  Let the VAR adjudicate on matters of fact, e.g. offside, in/outside the box for pens, handball in lead up to a goal.

All other subjective decisions should be referred back to the on field referee to review his decision via a monitor, thus allowing the on field referee to be accountable for his own decisions.

Jambof3tornado
44 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yup.  Let the VAR adjudicate on matters of fact, e.g. offside, in/outside the box for pens, handball in lead up to a goal.

All other subjective decisions should be referred back to the on field referee to review his decision via a monitor, thus allowing the on field referee to be accountable for his own decisions.

Was it the womens world cup that the refs were getting slated for continuously checking the monitors?? Wonder if the beaks down south decided to avoid using the monitors as much and its gone too far.

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Was it the womens world cup that the refs were getting slated for continuously checking the monitors?? Wonder if the beaks down south decided to avoid using the monitors as much and its gone too far.

i think it is the FA refs dont want VAR and are doing what they can to make it ridiculous and have a reason to bin it

A definite red card which should have been noticed by the

referee why it even went to var is astonishing also the bt sport referee

is just a yes man and usually always agrees with the match referee

yet had the embarrassment of back tracking after the match