Young Fathers.

Dawnrazor

I'd never heard of tbem until last night, some stunning songs, i love it when you find some new in music at my age!!

One of them from Drylaw.

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'd never heard of tbem until last night, some stunning songs, i love it when you find some new in music at my age!!

One of them from Drylaw.

They’re all Edinburgh boys, either by birth or upbringing. 

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

One of them from Drylaw.

Boroughmuir lads iirc.

Hadn't heard them until the brilliant Rip It Up Scottish music exhibition, where they featured heavily.

19 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

One of them from Drylaw.

The snob from The Animals was a bit up his own arse, talking about them on 'What happened to RocknRoll?' BBC 4 last night.

Just now, ri Alban said:

The snob from The Animals was a bit up his own arse, talking about them on 'What happened to RocknRoll?' BBC 4 last night.

He was, it was John Coooer Clarke that i was watching for, ok and Lauren Lavern, Eric Burdon comes over like that everytime I see him on the tv.

11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

He was, it was John Coooer Clarke that i was watching for, ok and Lauren Lavern, Eric Burdon comes over like that everytime I see him on the tv.

Burdon thinks that rock music began as blues rock and anything after that doesn’t matter. JCC listened and appreciated what Jehnny Beth from Savages said while Burdon seemed dismissive. A tired old man travelling round the world playing to increasingly small audiences of tired old men. 

John mcCartney

Leith Theatre June 2018,memorabe night .
Them on touring their new album with Nightvision(Polish dj bird not the club night) and Neil Landstrum(live set) doing techno till late.

Fecking top notch it was.

Henry. Henry.

Played in the same Sunday football team as Aly from the band.  Great lad and a pretty good footballer too.   Seen one of their first ever gigs at Sneaky Petes. Top band 

Governor Tarkin

I find most of their stuff ok but some of it absolutely stunning.

Old duffer, but would like to see them live at some point.

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I find most of their stuff ok but some of it absolutely stunning.

Old duffer, but would like to see them live at some point.

I was watching the above video with my wife and we said we'd love to have seen them in the  Venue, look like they'd be outstanding live.

Governor Tarkin
36 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I was watching the above video with my wife and we said we'd love to have seen them in the  Venue, look like they'd be outstanding live.

I can't see the video due to internet restrictions on the boat I'm on. :(

I like to get out and about though, so I'll get around to seeing them live at some point. 👍

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

I can't see the video due to internet restrictions on the boat I'm on. :(

Boat?..........you got any flu like symptoms?

18 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

Leith Theatre June 2018,memorabe night .
Them on touring their new album with Nightvision(Polish dj bird not the club night) and Neil Landstrum(live set) doing techno till late.

Fecking top notch it was.

Great gig apart from the YLT / Hibs shoit

Thought they were amazing on Later

John mcCartney

Never heard that one chief.
They were in their manor tho yeah ........cant imagine the YLT exist in any form any more,society in Leith has fragmented .