The rise and fall of The SNP.

6 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Boris visited a cheese factory in Orkney. Now SNP dafties are calling on a boycott to put the company out of business. Is that really the sort of Scotland that people want. A place where having a different point of view can see your livelihood taken away from you.

There are total idiots on both sides. Unfortunately they like to make a lot of noise. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

manaliveits105
27 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Boris visited a cheese factory in Orkney. Now SNP dafties are calling on a boycott to put the company out of business. Is that really the sort of Scotland that people want. A place where having a different point of view can see your livelihood taken away from you.

Probably led by the fat hibby - that is the quality of the snp unfortunately and its time people woke up as they are sleep walking over the edge of a cliff - boycott a Scottish company after a pandemic - very spfl like and have two weirdos with anti English message at the border just as the English holidays start and Scottish tourism awaits them - disgusting

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You haven’t seen pro brexit or remain voters doing the same? Like everything it’s a tiny minority and best ignored. 
Why do people give headlines to about 5 people hanging about at the border making a ***** of themselves or some daft chookters wanting a cheese factory punished? You’re letting yourself be mugged off by people who want to wind you up. 

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Probably led by the fat hibby - that is the quality of the snp unfortunately and its time people woke up as they are sleep walking over the edge of a cliff - boycott a Scottish company after a pandemic - very spfl like and have two weirdos with anti English message at the border just as the English holidays start and Scottish tourism awaits them - disgusting

:rofl: 

49 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Who's organising this call to boycott - haven't see this in the news ?

Ron Burgundy
11 minutes ago, felix said:

Who's organising this call to boycott - haven't see this in the news ?

Saw it on twitter. I don't think you'll see many anti-SNP stories in the Scottish news.

20 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Saw it on twitter. I don't think you'll see many anti-SNP stories in the Scottish news.

I wouldn't guage the sort of Scotland (or any country) that people actually want on isolated tweets otherwise our outlook would be a kaleidoscope of nonsense.

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Funny how we all see it differently. They get plenty stick imo. Sometimes deserved sometimes not. 
It’s like us thinking the evening news is a hibs rag and they think the opposite. 
When it’s going against you you tend to get paranoid. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, felix said:

I wouldn't guage the sort of Scotland (or any country) that people actually want on isolated tweets otherwise our outlook would be a kaleidoscope of nonsense.

Exactly. The same poster isn’t averse to try trigger people on threads here about politics etc then his jimmys are all rustled by some complete halfwit on Twitter so he posts about it here it to try trigger people again. 
It’s like being in a playground. 

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Totally irrelevant when you are talking about us and England and Wales. Look at  all the trouble the border has caused over there as well.

The border between Ireland and UK has been disputed since its inception. The border between Scotland and England is not disputed.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

As is the sinister new "Hate Crime Bill" that is about to pass through Holyrood . It will, of course, end up like previous Bills that were designed by a righteous minority ,so certain of what can and can't be said; Named Persons etc.  It is a frightening insight into what an independent Scotland, riven by division, would look like. The big winners would be the removal companies.

Let's just forget what the elected UK PM has often said about Scottish people, and instead let's focus on what a few nutjob members of the Scottish public did at the border because that's what the future of an independent Scotland would be? Even though the Scottish Gov were annoyed at what those very people did and said not to do it?

:cornette_dog:

jack D and coke
56 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

As is the sinister new "Hate Crime Bill" that is about to pass through Holyrood . It will, of course, end up like previous Bills that were designed by a righteous minority ,so certain of what can and can't be said; Named Persons etc.  It is a frightening insight into what an independent Scotland, riven by division, would look like. The big winners would be the removal companies.

Scotland isn’t a hate filled place. I really wish dafties wouldnt try insinuate that it is. I worked in England for over 10 years and got plenty stick. I got some in Ireland too but most people were great, just like here. Some saps might up and leave but others will come. The unionist mantra that Scotland now hates the English is out of order. Read what English people are saying about us, but I suppose that’s just our fault aye?
I also wonder if the people whingeing about a two bob cheese factory will be the same determined to punish every single club in the country cos theyve been seen to do us a bad turn. Clubs with idiot chairmen not bad people behind the scenes or in their communities. There’s not a massive difference tbh. Not every single club has went out to harm us yet because of the SPFL and Celtic we have fans salivatating at the thought of dozens of clubs getting buried.

A bit pots and kettles no? 

jack D and coke

Almost weekly in England or London there’s nothing but ****. Protests and marches about something or other with police being attacked and assaulted, statues getting pulled down etc. Racial tensions at crazy high levels. 
Meanwhile north of the border there’s 5 Jakeys at berwick making an absolute ***** of themselves (harming no one tho) and half a dozen chookters wave a St. Andrew’s Cross outside a cheese factory in Orkney cos Boris Johnson is up. Absolute chaos!!! 
SCOTLAND IS HATE FILLED!! :rofl:

Pro tip from me - stop reading Rangers fans twitter accounts. 

Edited by jack D and coke

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Almost weekly in England or London there’s nothing but ****. Protests and marches about something or other with police being attacked and assaulted, statues getting pulled down etc. Racial tensions at crazy high levels. 
Meanwhile north of the border there’s 5 Jakeys at berwick making an absolute ***** of themselves (harming no one tho) and half a dozen chookters wave a St. Andrew’s Cross outside a cheese factory in Orkney cos Boris Johnson is up. Absolute chaos!!! 

Space Mackerel
19 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Nothing's inevitable - they said the same in Quebec years ago and independence has never been further away. If you think Stugeon is doing a great job then you must stick your fingers in your ears and go lalala to anything that challenges your views

Strange that there is 99 points between Fat Doris and NS in the satisfaction polls. 

You must be right though, surely? Everyone else is wrong. 😁

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

There was some vioence in London around Black Lives matter and counter demonstrations a few weeks ago. Now and then a hundred or so lunatics turn up to say they will or won't wear masks. Demonstrations tend to take place in London because that's where the govt. is.

The social media hate attacks on London at the peak of the pandemic were disgusting, mostly from the accounts of groups claiming to be part of the Nationalist movement. There probably isn't any more or less hate in Scotland but they have a high public profile and they don't really understand the multi cultural nature of London. By that I mean, most people in London aren't even English, they don't vote Tory, they weren't "racist brexiteers" and are just trying to earn a living like everyone else.

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

There was some vioence in London around Black Lives matter and counter demonstrations a few weeks ago. Now and then a hundred or so lunatics turn up to say they will or won't wear masks. Demonstrations tend to take place in London because that's where the govt. is.

The social media hate attacks on London at the peak of the pandemic were disgusting, mostly from the accounts of groups claiming to be part of the Nationalist movement. There probably isn't any more or less hate in Scotland but they have a high public profile and they don't really understand the multi cultural nature of London. By that I mean, most people in London aren't even English, they don't vote Tory, they weren't "racist brexiteers" and are just trying to earn a living like everyone else.

Been in London plenty, working, staying with

mates etc I’m pretty aware of the make up of the place. London tends to vote labour. 
I like it too and I wouldn’t take any pleasure in violence there or attacks or to point score. I just can’t stand people trying to make out Scotland is some hate filled place though where English people aren’t welcome. It’s outright lies. It’s like anywhere else in the world we have our share of arseholes but the vast majority of the people are good sorts. 

44 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Strange that there is 99 points between Fat Doris and NS in the satisfaction polls. 

You must be right though, surely? Everyone else is wrong. 😁

You rough today? 

9 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

As someone now back to looking on from the States: Is this a wind-up?

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

As someone now back to looking on from the States: Is this a wind-up?

Most of it comes from the English media surely. Scottish news outlets seem reasonably fair to the snp as far as I’ve noticed. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Most of it comes from the English media surely. Scottish news outlets seem reasonably fair to the snp as far as I’ve noticed. 

"Fair" is not a word I would have used personally, but I'd say it's far more accurate than the implication that the Scottish media are aligned with the SNP which is why you won't see anti-SNP stories therein.

Just now, Justin Z said:

"Fair" is not a word I would have used personally, but I'd say it's far more accurate than the implication that the Scottish media are aligned with the SNP which is why you won't see anti-SNP stories therein.

The Scottish media are not aligned with the snp. Anyone who thinks they are is looking to try and find issues and might be a tad paranoid. 

Nucky Thompson
12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Oh look, Unionists posing for the sun, with anti England banner. How imaginative. 

Everything stupid the nats do is down to undercover Unionists.

When the Bruce's statue got decimated it was also undercover Unionists.

You lot remind me of delusional Hibs fans who live in fantasy land

13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

With you at the front of the queue 👍

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

The UK needs to become a Federation in my opinion. 

Why don’t we have federalism here do you think? I mean Keir Hardie basically founded the Labour Party on Scotland getting home rule or federalism, over a century ago. Boris Johnson apparently said to Nicola Sturgeon once, would fiscal autonomy buy you guys off. So why hasn’t this ever came to be? What is it that stops this happening? Imo some sort or home rule is the answer. Share certain things like defence/military but make your own decisions. What is it the British government is afraid of? 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Why don’t we have federalism here do you think? I mean Keir Hardie basically founded the Labour Party on Scotland getting home rule or federalism, over a century ago. Boris Johnson apparently said to Nicola Sturgeon once, would fiscal autonomy buy you guys off. So why hasn’t this ever came to be? What is it that stops this happening? Imo some sort or home rule is the answer. Share certain things like defence/military but make your own decisions. What is it the British government is afraid of? 

Yep.

Keir Hardie was probably ahead of his time. Perhaps he invisioned that the only way for the UK to continue was Home Rule. 

I don't know why but if I was to have a stab at it I'd probably say that it would mean ripping up tradition, the establishment and relinquishing power & control to become a more equal part. 

The Status Quo has been blown out the water. It is absolutely comical that folk are even arguing for it anymore. It's so outdated and out of touch.  

Devolution has been a damp squib and an abject failure. We're still talking about Independence. N. Ireland can't even keep their Assembly open because the wounds are that deep. 

And Independence could mean a separate Currency and separate Armed Forces that might not even be part of NATO. That's unthinkable and unacceptable in my opinion. 

Federalism is the compromise on both sides. It is the halfway House. Four individual nations, four parliaments and four equals who can tailor domestic fiscal policy to suit their individual economies. 

We'd still be the United Kingdom. Yet, we would run our own houses and people that like to wave flags can still wave their stupid wee flags.

Everyone's a winner. Surely? 🤷

Edited by Cruyff

This "Hate Bill" is surely more SNannyP nonsense.  Haven't we got enough UK legislation already on this?  Geez peace wummin and take Humza Useless with you. 

On 23/07/2020 at 21:35, North Berwick Jambo said:

My 6 year old granddaughter could do a better job of managing the uk economy than those currently running it down south. As for Scotland it’s now obvious that Independence is inevitable & I have faith that those put in charge of making sure it happens will do a great job. We’re actually quite a clever country overall 😉

Exactly. I just dont understand how folk cannot see this. I understand if you dislike Stugeon/SNP but I cannot understand for the life of me why folk cannot see the complete shit show from Westminster for the past decade and the awful trajectory they are taking us on.

We need to run our own country completely. And very soon or we will end up the USA’s tax haven with nothing but poorly paid service jobs!

22 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Didnt see that in the Unionist heavy newspapers.

I dont eat Orkney cheese anyway but I will say this. If you throw your hat in with any political party and run a business then you are at risk of some fallout. 
Would it not be more prudent if you have a well known branded product to be politically neutral???

Seriously, who TF would welcome BORIS? I wouldt have him near a sewage plant!!!

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

This "Hate Bill" is surely more SNannyP nonsense.  Haven't we got enough UK legislation already on this?  Geez peace wummin and take Humza Useless with you. 

Suck it up buttercup. Record returns for SNP at the next election. Then Indy. 
Want a lift to Berwick???

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Alan Sears! Is that you? 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

:jambobanana:

:jjyay:

Boris bans Ads from the telly for the likes of McDonald's etc... No comments from the Onionists. The SG try to tackle bigotry in all forms, :yadayada:

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Yep.

Keir Hardie was probably ahead of his time. Perhaps he invisioned that the only way for the UK to continue was Home Rule. 

I don't know why but if I was to have a stab at it I'd probably say that it would mean ripping up tradition, the establishment and relinquishing power & control to become a more equal part. 

The Status Quo has been blown out the water. It is absolutely comical that folk are even arguing for it anymore. It's so outdated and out of touch.  

Devolution has been a damp squib and an abject failure. We're still talking about Independence. N. Ireland can't even keep their Assembly open because the wounds are that deep. 

And Independence could mean a separate Currency and separate Armed Forces that might not even be part of NATO. That's unthinkable and unacceptable in my opinion. 

Federalism is the compromise on both sides. It is the halfway House. Four individual nations, four parliaments and four equals who can tailor domestic fiscal policy to suit their individual economies. 

We'd still be the United Kingdom. Yet, we would run our own houses and people that like to wave flags can still wave their stupid wee flags.

Yeah absolutely agree man.
What people see the problem with that I have no idea either and no break up of the UK. 

39 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah absolutely agree man.
What people see the problem with that I have no idea either and no break up of the UK. 

Wouldnt be able to trust Westminster to shaft Scotland at every turn even with full federal autonomy. That ship has sailed in my opinion. Could have been done decades ago. Even Brown alluded to it but its finished now. They wont grant it and most folk have wonken up to the arseholes tories and their corruption amd lies. They donet even hide it anymore. They dont care. No way could they be trusted. Its a shame really. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Marty Byrde

Does the SNP actually want FFA? Once every penny spent in Scotland has to be raised here, that'll change perspective a bit.

IMO once it becomes apparent that we aren't actually financing the whole of the UK, folk might understand better what separatism would entail for our country. Perhaps give us FFA with a vote on keeping it in a decade maybe?

Not that many would see sense anyway, they want Scotland Independent no matter the economic carnage It might bring in the short/medium term.

SwindonJambo
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Yep.

That could be a very good shout. Well put. Another plus is that if Scotland did still  want full independence later on, the transition would be much less disruptive.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

That could be a very good shout. Well put. Another plus is that if Scotland did still  want full independence later on, the transition would be much less disruptive.

I've long said I want full independence along with an equal partnership with our oldest allies. Federalism leaves us as a junior partner at a Westminster government.

SwindonJambo
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I've long said I want full independence along with an equal partnership with our oldest allies. Federalism leaves us as a junior partner at a Westminster government.

And if that proves to be the case then the people can choose full independence after that. Something will change anyway. It will be either Full Independence or Full Fiscal Autonomy. Public opinion has moved too far for things to stay as they are. If it’s full Independence I certainly hope Scotland quickly applies for NATO membership.

5 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Berwick isn't too bad you know, ancient capital of Scotland. I have no doubt it would triple in size after any Aye2 madness, as would Carlisle and some other border towns. 

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Berwick isn't too bad you know, ancient capital of Scotland. I have no doubt it would triple in size after any Aye2 madness, as would Carlisle and some other border towns. 

I'm sure we'd all hate to lose unionists who'd rather live in England than an independent Scotland. Devastating. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm sure we'd all hate to lose unionists who'd rather live in England than an independent Scotland. Devastating. 

If they hate Scotland so much why do they stay here ? 

I can never understand people hating their own country its like hating yourself. 

Disturbing behaviour imo. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

The word devastating is exactly what would happen to Scotland in the first 6 months of indy. Property values and banks would collapse overnight.  Business and commerce would depart over the border and unemployment rocket. Nicola, Humza Useless and wee Katy Forbes will be A okay though. The dafties you trust safe and sound. 

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If they hate Scotland so much why do they stay here ? 

I can never understand people hating their own country its like hating yourself. 

Disturbing behaviour imo. 

Eh, no I love Scotland and don't want to see it ruined but self preservation would have to come first. 

Roxy Hearts
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The word devastating is exactly what would happen to Scotland in the first 6 months of indy. Property values and banks would collapse overnight.  Business and commerce would depart over the border and unemployment rocket. Nicola, Humza Useless and wee Katy Forbes will be A okay though. The dafties you trust safe and sound. 

What is it you Unionists don't understand? The SNP won't be in power if we vote for independence as there would be a Scottish General Election. We would choose the party with policies that best suit Scotland's needs and that is the whole point, a better democracy. If you don't like the SNP, vote for independence. 

19 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What is it you Unionists don't understand? The SNP won't be in power if we vote for independence as there would be a Scottish General Election. We would choose the party with policies that best suit Scotland's needs and that is the whole point, a better democracy. If you don't like the SNP, vote for independence. 

I'm looking at the SNP and there are clearly MPs and MSPs who do hold radically different politics. 

Independence could be the best thing for Scotlands democracy as invariably these politicians would sort of repopulate the current ones (labour, lib dems... maybe even Tory!) I think there is a reason most every other party is lacking credible candidates and thats because the vast majority of the 'talent' is in the SNP. I'm unsure how long the SNP could continue on after Independence because its purpose has been fulfilled. I'd imagine it would carry on for an election cycle to negotiate with the rUK on its exit, but beyond that? 

Its actually quite an intriguing prospect tbh. 

We're starting to see more people being open about their transition from no to yes so its hopefully a trend that continues. Johnsons visit this week I think reinforces the idea that there is another referendum on the horizon. Thankfully any talk about equal partnership in the Union was put to bed by Brexit and even this governments engagement with devolved administrations on Covid matters. This was a feature of the better together campaign and has pretty much been shown up for what it is. I think there will be a huge amount of cynicism in regards to any promises a better together 2 campaign makes in light of the lack of follow through by the UK government in the wake of the no result. Which again, gives me hope.