The rise and fall of The SNP.

3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Money is debt. Look on every single note in your pocket, it says "promise to pay bearer on demand" Go on, have a look.

Every single pound in you pocket is a IOU to somebody.

Money is debt.

I don’t need to look. It’s cool man, economics isn’t particularly my bag either. Just wondered what the specific policy on borrowing was. Maybe there isn’t even a policy yet. Who knows? Neither of us two do, that’s for sure. 

Edited by GinRummy

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Space Mackerel
Just now, GinRummy said:

I don’t need to look. It’s cool man, economics isn’t particularly my bag either. Just wondered what the specific policy on borrowing was. Maybe there isn’t even a policy yet. Who knows? Neither of us do, that’s for sure. 

If you don't know about macro economics why are you talking about it?

Understand Central Banks, theory of money and the whole shebang first.

Then you can get reading Common Weal PDF's

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

I do broadly understand economics as well as Interest rates, the different ways companies and countries borrow money, investing, political influence on stock markets and all that pish. When I said it wasn’t my bag, I just mean it’s not that interesting. I don’t think you know the SNP’s policy on borrowing money though. Which is where this chat started. 

North Berwick Jambo

My 6 year old granddaughter could do a better job of managing the uk economy than those currently running it down south. As for Scotland it’s now obvious that Independence is inevitable & I have faith that those put in charge of making sure it happens will do a great job. We’re actually quite a clever country overall 😉

Edited by North Berwick Jambo

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I do broadly understand economics as well as Interest rates, the different ways companies and countries borrow money, investing, political influence on stock markets and all that pish. When I said it wasn’t my bag, I just mean it’s not that interesting. I don’t think you know the SNP’s policy on borrowing money though. Which is where this chat started. 

So, after a Yes vote, how would government borrowing affect your life?

1 minute ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

My 6 year old granddaughter could do a better job of managing the uk economy than those currently running it down south. As for Scotland it’s now obvious that Independence is inevitable & I have faith that those put in charge of making it sure it happens will do a great job. We’re actually quite a clever country overall 😉

Got to agree with all of this. The uk government has never been more out of step with the Scottish people since thatcher. 

9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

So, after a Yes vote, how would government borrowing affect your life?

The government needs to balance borrowing with revenue (mainly through taxation). If the government decides not to borrow a lot of money and raise more through taxes then that affects everyone. If the government goes the other way and borrows a lot of money that could in certain circumstances lead to severe Government cutbacks, again affecting everyone. Will we, as an independent country get the same credit rating as the uk currently has? Will that credit rating have an impact on borrowing policy?

Edited by GinRummy

32 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Money is debt. Look on every single note in your pocket, it says "promise to pay bearer on demand" Go on, have a look.

Every single pound in you pocket is a IOU to somebody.

Money is debt.

Notes with that statement on it were issued to people depositing coins in days of yore.  Easier to carry around paper, and when you wanted the money back, you went to the bank with promisory  note and they returned  the coins.

Not debt. An exchange 

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The government needs to balance borrowing with revenue (mainly through taxation). If the government decides not to borrow a lot of money and raise more through taxes then that affects everyone. If the government goes the other way and borrows a lot of money that could in certain circumstances lead to severe Government cutbacks, again affecting everyone. Will we, as an independent country get the same credit rating as the uk currently has? Will that credit rating have an impact on borrowing policy?

Have you got a job? Like a proper job, not collecting trolleys or ****ing about in bars when I was younger?

Marty Byrde
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Have you got a job? Like a proper job, not collecting trolleys or ****ing about in bars when I was younger?

Quite the attitude from a boy whose been badly exposed as a buffoon tonight.

Not a good look son.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Fun Boaby said:

Notes with that statement on it were issued to people depositing coins in days of yore.  Easier to carry around paper, and when you wanted the money back, you went to the bank with promisory  note and they returned  the coins.

Not debt. An exchange 

EH?

Look on any £, its still the same.

It seems like you need to feel superior to me for some reason. Is that how you make yourself feel better by trying to belittle people who ask you questions you don’t know the answer to?

1 minute ago, Marty Byrde said:

Not a good look son.

He's tired bless him, been busy all day so he has.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Marty Byrde said:

Not a good look son.

Dramatic entrance. 😁

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It seems like you need to feel superior to me for some reason. Is that how you make yourself feel better by trying to belittle people who ask you questions you don’t know the answer to?

I'm just curious if you are one of these dippit Hearts bams I see at most away games.

Manky tracky bottoms, singing GSTQ, that sort of pish, you know?

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

EH?

Look on any £, its still the same.

The origin of that statement is as explained above.  Its a promise by the bank to pay the person presentlng  the note to the bank.

I'm just curious if you are one of these dippit Hearts bams I see at most away games.

Manky tracky bottoms, singing GSTQ, that sort of pish, you know?

Would that help you to know what the snp’s policy on borrowing money was? 

Space Mackerel
Just now, GinRummy said:

Would that help you to know what the snp’s policy on borrowing money was? 

Scottish Government can only borrow up to £500m per fiscal year under Barnett as is currently.

Scottish Government can only borrow up to £500m per fiscal year under Barnett as is currently.

I know about the Barnett formula. And their policy if we gain independence is what?

Space Mackerel
Just now, GinRummy said:

I know about the Barnett formula. And their policy if we gain independence is what?

You dont wave your Union Jack flags about Tynecastle like the plastic Rainjurs Mk2.0 fans you are. Simples.

13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Oddly enough, these sort of protests and some of the rabid nationalism exhibited these days probably hinders rather than helps the cause for independence.

If nationalists stop being angry at England/Westminster/Tories and start taking a more grown up approach, they'd have a far better chance of convincing the middle ground people.

Space Mackerel
Just now, GinRummy said:

Thank you. Looks like that is while we are still a part of the uk. Probably don’t have a similar policy for if we gain independence as yet. Thanks for the quick reply. 👍

Imagine funding or buying a football team like I have along with over 8000 others since 2013, £20 a month, idiots like you would have said it was impossible.

But thats just you.

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You dont wave your Union Jack flags about Tynecastle like the plastic Rainjurs Mk2.0 fans you are. Simples.

Yep. Rangers fans are well known for enquiring about government borrowing plans. I can see where you’re coming from there. Sashes, bowler hats and a good debate about narrowing the deficit. Well known for it. 

Imagine funding or buying a football team like I have along with over 8000 others since 2013, £20 a month, idiots like you would have said it was impossible.

But thats just you.

well done you. You’re a credit to your club and country. 

Space Mackerel
Just now, GinRummy said:

Yep. Rangers fans are well known for enquiring about government borrowing plans. I can see where you’re coming from there. Sashes, bowler hats and a good debate about narrowing the deficit. Well known for it. 

The trouble is, you and you're ilk don't think out the box, only when you're out your own box.

Space Mackerel
Just now, GinRummy said:

well done you. You’re a credit to your club and country. 

You are never a Hearts fan saying shite like that.

The trouble is, you and you're ilk don't think out the box, only when you're out your own box.

That’s pretty clever. Thinking out the box yourself there. Double meaning type of thing. 

🤣 oh the ****in irony .

Put the mothers pride bag and the ecostick down for the night a ya balloon, you've made a big enough prick of yoursel for one night.

You are never a Hearts fan saying shite like that.

Just congratulating you on being a stand up kind of guy. 

6 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Oddly enough, these sort of protests and some of the rabid nationalism exhibited these days probably hinders rather than helps the cause for independence.

If nationalists stop being angry at England/Westminster/Tories and start taking a more grown up approach, they'd have a far better chance of convincing the middle ground people.

I completely agree with this.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣 oh the ****in irony .

Put the mothers pride bag and the ecostick down for the night a ya balloon, you've made a big enough prick of yoursel for one night.

54% 😎

54% 😎

Never going to happen glueboy but you're ramblings and rantings do make for great entertainment, you're nothing if not great value👍😆

manaliveits105
8 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Not to mention causing animosity / fights in holiday hotspots whilst these two weirdos are safely tucked up in their tartan sheets

Space Mackerel
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Never going to happen glueboy but you're ramblings and rantings do make for great entertainment, you're nothing if not great value👍😆

Should be fun

image.thumb.png.64d3290ebbb79a173e847e5aeef132bc.png

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not to mention causing animosity / fights in holiday hotspots whilst these two weirdos are safely tucked up in their tartan sheets

Who are the two weirdos?

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

54% though

ae235_1.jpg

Edited by Dawnrazor

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

ae235_1.jpg

I doubt thats better than holding up 2 crabs in Orkney harbour today.

On 24/02/2020 at 12:13, EIEIO said:

Do you still think Britain is a world super power? We are a bit part player/plaything of the USA a separate nuclear "deterent" is the vanity project to end all vanity projects.  Not one country that has gained independence from the British Empire has ever asked to be taken back over by Westminster, I wonder why? 

They don't live in the other part of the island though last time I looked.

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

They don't live in the other part of the island though last time I looked.

Ireland is in the British Isles geographically.

1 hour ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

My 6 year old granddaughter could do a better job of managing the uk economy than those currently running it down south. As for Scotland it’s now obvious that Independence is inevitable & I have faith that those put in charge of making sure it happens will do a great job. We’re actually quite a clever country overall 😉

Nothing's inevitable - they said the same in Quebec years ago and independence has never been further away. If you think Stugeon is doing a great job then you must stick your fingers in your ears and go lalala to anything that challenges your views

Edited by tcjambo

2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Ireland is in the British Isles geographically.

Totally irrelevant when you are talking about us and England and Wales. Look at  all the trouble the border has caused over there as well.

Edited by tcjambo

WoolfordsHearts
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

I had a Macro card years ago.

It was economically bad for me as I went through to Sighthill,spent a hundred quid and came home with nothing to eat.

Plenty soap powder,kitchen roll and dug food though.👍

9 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Oh look, Unionists posing for the sun, with anti England banner. How imaginative. 

manaliveits105
18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Oh look, Unionists posing for the sun, with anti England banner. How imaginative. 

Nah 100% typical ayebaw rockets 🧨 

Ron Burgundy

Boris visited a cheese factory in Orkney. Now SNP dafties are calling on a boycott to put the company out of business. Is that really the sort of Scotland that people want. A place where having a different point of view can see your livelihood taken away from you.