• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Space Mackerel
On 07/03/2020 at 18:06, Brighton Jambo said:

Union doesn’t need saving yet from what I can see, latest polls show support for no still ahead.  SNP infighting ramping up and unbelievably they are trying to oust sturgeon their one real advantage.  Salmond trial still to come.  

the only hope I can see is that Brexit exit is a disaster.  If it’s not then I don’t see what else the game changer is that really moves those polls.  Lose a Indy majority in Holyrood in 2021 and it’s off the table and Sturgeon is gone.  

News travel slowly down to the South of the Dis-United Kingdom?

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18209073.robert-peston-poll-yes-52-serious-setback-pm/

Brighton Jambo
20 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

News travel slowly down to the South of the Dis-United Kingdom?

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18209073.robert-peston-poll-yes-52-serious-setback-pm/

So much wrong in one message its like you do it on purpose.  

1.  I live in Scotland 

2.  The link is for an article 5 weeks old

3.  There has been another poll since then which has ‘no‘ back in front.  Those out of date polls you showed were taken the week we actually left the EU and so were always going to go up slightly.  They have dropped back now and will continue to do so.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scottish-independence-slim-majority-of-scots-now-back-union-kx5qr0x5j

Edited by Brighton Jambo

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

1.  I live in Scotland 

3.  There has been another poll since then which has ‘no‘ back in front.  Those out of date polls you showed were taken the week we actually left the EU and so were always going to go up slightly.  They have dropped back now and will continue to do so.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scottish-independence-slim-majority-of-scots-now-back-union-kx5qr0x5j

Ooft🤣👍

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

1.  I live in Scotland 

I don’t think the polls will drop back. All the auld Unionists are popping their clogs surely but slowly.

Big majority of under 55’s are pro Indy.

Thats the facts. 

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You really are the gift that just keeps on given🤣🤣 "scotland already feels independent" 

Does it aye?!

I didn’t say it, it was a top Tory spin doctoring. 

Hows Public Health England going to affect you up in Chookter land? 

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I didn’t say it, it was a top Tory spin doctoring. 

Hows Public Health England going to affect you up in Chookter 

It won't, what a childish and stupid question!!!

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. 

Edited by Dawnrazor

Space Mackerel
27 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It won't, what a childish and stupid question!!!

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. 

Best performing regional Dis-United Kingdom SNHS has got you auld Nawbags covered. 

Thanks to us tax payers on the upper threshold. 😊

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Best performing regional Dis-United Kingdom SNHS has got you auld Nawbags covered. 

Thanks to us tax payers on the upper threshold. 😊

Your a closet Torie.

Space Mackerel
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Your a closet Torie.

So many grammar and spelling mistakes in 4 words.

That must be a record breaker. 😃

3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

So many grammar and spelling mistakes in 4 words.

That must be a record breaker. 😃

Thought I'd put it terms you'd understand, I can't find the "purple crayon" set on here or I'd use it for you.

Space Mackerel
26 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Thought I'd put it terms you'd understand, I can't find the "purple crayon" set on here or I'd use it for you.

7 O levels and 3 Highers pal including English. And plenty FE certs including 2 trades.

Am minted. 

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

7 O levels and 3 Highers pal including English. And plenty FE certs including 2 trades.

Am minted. 

And a cock so you really are a catch.

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

And a cock so you really are a catch.

Super hot 5’11 Swedish chick, I’m spoken for.

That History wifie on Twitter needs a bit of cheering up though. 

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Super hot 5’11 Swedish chick, I’m spoken for.

That History wifie on Twitter needs a bit of cheering up though. 

🤣👍 it's your Grinder one that needs deleting.

Edited by Dawnrazor

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

That’s your most sensible post on here, ever 😃

And that's yours😁

11 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

This 'fall' has been happening for quite some time. 

Could you give an accurate count of the number of people that are escaping @theSNP  these days?

Of course it has. 

I have no idea about folk “escaping” the SNP and why would I?

I do know their membership is very large and they seem to keep winning every election they contest by some margin over their rivals. 

Maybe you have an “accurate count” you could furnish me with. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

45 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

You @Space Mackerel are not a decent person. IMO. 

And your lack of community and decency, and your active acts of cruelty, will at some stage count against you.  

Its par for the course with him, mate.  As soon as he loses the argument he deflects, and when that fails he starts chucking personal abuse around at the posters getting the better of him.

I don't bother posting too much on these threads now as I can't be arsed going round in circles with him and his chums.

Space Mackerel
8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I started this thread.

Since I did, multiple high-profile SNP politicians have just given up. (not because of this thread), but because the SNP are falling apart. 

They’re all leaving because they’ve read this thread on here. 😁😁😁

Space Mackerel
8 hours ago, frankblack said:

Its par for the course with him, mate.  As soon as he loses the argument he deflects, and when that fails he starts chucking personal abuse around at the posters getting the better of him.

I don't bother posting too much on these threads now as I can't be arsed going round in circles with him and his chums.

frank, let’s be honest, EVERYONE has given you a riddy after riddy with your repetive posting nonsense and utter lies. 😃

3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

frank, let’s be honest, EVERYONE has given you a riddy after riddy with your repetive posting nonsense and utter lies. 😃

:rofl:

I can taste your salty tears.  Talk about hypocrisy.

By "EVERYONE" that will be your 4 or 5 nat pals?

I told you that you weren't getting Indy Ref 2 if Boris won the GE but you keep digging for some bizarre reason.

Space Mackerel
39 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:rofl:

I can taste your salty tears.  Talk about hypocrisy.

By "EVERYONE" that will be your 4 or 5 nat pals?

I told you that you weren't getting Indy Ref 2 if Boris won the GE but you keep digging for some bizarre reason.

See what I mean. More repetitive nonsense and utter lies. 😃
There’s been about 12 posters on here who have destroyed your trolling and flaming. 

4 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

See what I mean. More repetitive nonsense and utter lies. 😃
There’s been about 12 posters on here who have destroyed your trolling and flaming. 

Nope.  Firstly you are the biggest troll on this board.  One time you even went to a Glastonbury thread to call me names after taking a recent tanking on an Indy thread.😳

Secondly 12 is an exaggeration - more like 6.  I don't bother reading you or your chums posts when you tag team.  Just think of all the wasted time you spent abusing me and I didn't read it.... 🤣

As for the lies your mate even proved me right like I was on no Indy Ref 2. 👍

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Nope.  Firstly you are the biggest troll on this board.  One time you even went to a Glastonbury thread to call me names after taking a recent tanking on an Indy thread.😳

Secondly 12 is an exaggeration - more like 6.  I don't bother reading you or your chums posts when you tag team.  Just think of all the wasted time you spent abusing me and I didn't read it.... 🤣

frank, first, I’ve grown up in working class neighbourhood in Edinburgh, second, I joined up and served in the Forces, thirdly I’ve been working in the building and construction trade for 25 years, fourthly, I’m not a wee cry baby to the mods. 

Are you ever gonna stop being a grass? 😃

2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

frank, first, I’ve grown up in working class neighbourhood in Edinburgh, second, I joined up and served in the Forces, thirdly I’ve been working in the building and construction trade for 25 years, fourthly, I’m not a wee cry baby to the mods. 

Are you ever gonna stop being a grass? 😃

Would you like a chocolate medal?

Ainsley Harriott
14 hours ago, frankblack said:

I'm amazed he still has an account to be fair when you see what others get banned for.

jack D and coke
12 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

A sensible view I thought.

It all sounds reasonable enough but Loki has changed his tune plenty and he’d need to explain how you’d ever get the banks etc on board when these people at the top are deeply entrenched and get their paws greased by the city. Our banks might have Scotland in their name but they aren’t and haven’t been Scottish banks for a long time now. RBS for example had 7% of its business in Scotland at the time of the bank bailouts. The time when people like Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling were allowed to lie and say Scotland would have been on the hook for its business all over the world when that’s just now how it worked at all. France bailed out Belgian banks the fed bailed out Barclays etc etc etc but we were told Scotland would have went bankrupt bailing out business all over the globe. Brown and his “interventions” are still regularly used by our media too. Laughable. 
Brexit worked because they had plenty media support for it and people like Farage - who is even being interviewed on the coronavirus ffs - got a lot of coverage. That and the fact the English aren’t a bunch of shitebags too and kudos to them for that. 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It all sounds reasonable enough but Loki has changed his tune plenty and he’d need to explain how you’d ever get the banks etc on board when these people at the top are deeply entrenched and get their paws greased by the city. Our banks might have Scotland in their name but they aren’t and haven’t been Scottish banks for a long time now. RBS for example had 7% of its business in Scotland at the time of the bank bailouts. The time when people like Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling were allowed to lie and say Scotland would have been on the hook for its business all over the world when that’s just now how it worked at all. France bailed out Belgian banks the fed bailed out Barclays etc etc etc but we were told Scotland would have went bankrupt bailing out business all over the globe. Brown and his “interventions” are still regularly used by our media too. Laughable. 
Brexit worked because they had plenty media support for it and people like Farage - who is even being interviewed on the coronavirus ffs - got a lot of coverage. That and the fact the English aren’t a bunch of shitebags too and kudos to them for that. 

Regardless of whether 7% of RBS' business was in Scotland, the company is/was Scottish and headquartered in Edinburgh.

If a bank goes bust its taking everything down with it - jobs, supply chains, and people's savings, and debtors including companies with business accounts.

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Regardless of whether 7% of RBS' business was in Scotland, the company is/was Scottish and headquartered in Edinburgh.

If a bank goes bust its taking everything down with it - jobs, supply chains, and people's savings, and debtors including companies with business accounts.

Not really got anything to do with my point though is it. They didn’t go bust and wouldn’t have had Scotland been independent either as Scotland would’ve only been liable for around 7% of the bad debt was more what I was getting at. The fact Brown and Darling were able to lie that we’d have had to bail out the entire UK because we have a plaque on a wall in Edinburgh was complete nonsense. We weren’t independent at the time and had we been WM would still have been on the hook for the vast majority of it as the rUK was where the vast majority of the bad debt was. Just like they had to bail out Northern Rock etc. Scottish tax payers money went into that bailout too as it’s a UK thing it’s really not hard to work out. 
Loki was saying we have to back off and talk round banks we’ll imo that’s not possible when it might cost them money, they don’t like uncertainty. RBS were against devolution too btw. If Scotland had been independent before the crash RBS and HBOS etc would not have been HQ’d in Scotland as most of their business is elsewhere. They would have business here of course but they’d have to officially shift HQ. They were HQ’d here or have plaques on walls here I should say as we’re part of the uk atm and their taxes are paid to WM. The vast majority of their business isn’t here. 
I understand unionists want it all to just go away and will cling to someone like Loki who seems reasonable but can’t really make his mind up what he wants. Where are the people who might be talked round he mentions? I don’t hear anyone who’s mibbe one way or the other. It’s vehemently one way or the other. Are people suggesting like Loki there that the indy movement just keeps this all going for another 10 years? 15? 20? Without another referendum? Until we talk everybody round? For real?!! 
Not sure anybody wants that tbh. He sounds reasonable there but it’s fanciful talk for me. 

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Not really got anything to do with my point though is it. They didn’t go bust and wouldn’t have had Scotland been independent either as Scotland would’ve only been liable for around 7% of the bad debt was more what I was getting at. The fact Brown and Darling were able to lie that we’d have had to bail out the entire UK because we have a plaque on a wall in Edinburgh was complete nonsense. We weren’t independent at the time and had we been WM would still have been on the hook for the vast majority of it as the rUK was where the vast majority of the bad debt was. Just like they had to bail out Northern Rock etc. Scottish tax payers money went into that bailout too as it’s a UK thing it’s really not hard to work out. 
Loki was saying we have to back off and talk round banks we’ll imo that’s not possible when it might cost them money, they don’t like uncertainty. RBS were against devolution too btw. If Scotland had been independent before the crash RBS and HBOS etc would not have been HQ’d in Scotland as most of their business is elsewhere. They would have business here of course but they’d have to officially shift HQ. They were HQ’d here or have plaques on walls here I should say as we’re part of the uk atm and their taxes are paid to WM. The vast majority of their business isn’t here. 
I understand unionists want it all to just go away and will cling to someone like Loki who seems reasonable but can’t really make his mind up what he wants. Where are the people who might be talked round he mentions? I don’t hear anyone who’s mibbe one way or the other. It’s vehemently one way or the other. Are people suggesting like Loki there that the indy movement just keeps this all going for another 10 years? 15? 20? Without another referendum? Until we talk everybody round? For real?!! 
Not sure anybody wants that tbh. He sounds reasonable there but it’s fanciful talk for me. 

I'm not an expert on insolvency but I just don't think your point about liabilities is correct  without agreeing a CVA.  This isn't me having a dig over indy, for the record.

Space Mackerel
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm not an expert on insolvency but I just don't think your point about liabilities is correct  without agreeing a CVA.  This isn't me having a dig over indy, for the record.

Mind your're talking to an expert in finance (he claimed) about 2 months ago. 😄

2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Mind your're talking to an expert in finance (he claimed) about 2 months ago. 😄

I'm questioning how someone thinks they can save a bank by ignoring all their liabilities outside Scotland.  If that were the case, Hearts could have walked away from the Lithuanian debt when they went into Administration.

Go on, perhaps its time for you to pull in your two nationalist IFA mates from the boozer to tell us how its done? :rofl:

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, frankblack said:

If Scotland had went independent RBS or HBOS would not have been Scottish banks in the way that you seem to think. They domicile to the country where their liabilities lie not where their plaque is screwed on a wall. If for instance Scotland had won Indy in say 2000 then by 2008 they would not have been Scottish banks anymore. They might have kept the Scottish arm to run their business here but would’ve likely changed names in rUK.I don’t know how you can’t understand. To think that the Scottish government and tax payer would suddenly be on the hook for the debt racked up in other countries?!? Are you serious? 
If RBS is a Scottish bank do you agree Barclays is an English bank? Barclays we’re giving billions by the FED for their debts in the US markets, I think hundreds of billions. Or do you believe that the British taxpayer should’ve been on the hook because Barclays has a plaque on a wall in London somewhere? 

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

If Scotland had went independent RBS or HBOS would not have been Scottish banks in the way that you seem to think. They domicile to the country where their liabilities lie not where their plaque is screwed on a wall. If for instance Scotland had won Indy in say 2000 then by 2008 they would not have been Scottish banks anymore. They might have kept the Scottish arm to run their business here but would’ve likely changed names in rUK.I don’t know how you can’t understand. To think that the Scottish government and tax payer would suddenly be on the hook for the debt racked up in other countries?!? Are you serious? 

Debt is debt.  The debt at RBS was mostly caused by lack of due diligence on poor acquisitions.  Those acquisitions were made at board level in Scotland.

At the end of the day you can't separate debt based on whether it originated overseas.  The net result for RBS would have been liquidation without the government stepping in.  That would have affected other businesses, cost many jobs, and wiped out customer savings.

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

If RBS is a Scottish bank do you agree Barclays is an English bank? Barclays we’re giving billions by the FED for their debts in the US markets, I think hundreds of billions. Or do you believe that the British taxpayer should’ve been on the hook because Barclays has a plaque on a wall in London somewhere? 

I don't think Barclays got bailed out by the tax payer, did they?

Barclays got themselves off the hook with practices I think are questionable.  They won a recent court case about it surprisingly due to expensive lawyers.

coconut doug
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

Debt is debt.  The debt at RBS was mostly caused by lack of due diligence on poor acquisitions.  Those acquisitions were made at board level in Scotland.

At the end of the day you can't separate debt based on whether it originated overseas.  The net result for RBS would have been liquidation without the government stepping in.  That would have affected other businesses, cost many jobs, and wiped out customer savings.

I don't think Barclays got bailed out by the tax payer, did they?

Barclays got themselves off the hook with practices I think are questionable.  They won a recent court case about it surprisingly due to expensive lawyers.

As usual you dont have the slightest understanding of what happened and why it happened, which is remarkable given how many times the situation has been explained on here and elsewhere in the simplest of language and with the greatest of detail. Did you ever consider researching what actually happened rather than posting this inane drivel?

It is undoubtedly true that your lack of knowledge and understanding of events generally has left you exposed to a large amount of ridicule from your political opponents on a large range of topics but none of them have managed it to the extent you have inflicted upon yourself.

Please try and up the level of debate or the widely held view that you are trolling for the other side will only gain more traction. 

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

As usual you dont have the slightest understanding of what happened and why it happened, which is remarkable given how many times the situation has been explained on here and elsewhere in the simplest of language and with the greatest of detail. Did you ever consider researching what actually happened rather than posting this inane drivel?

It is undoubtedly true that your lack of knowledge and understanding of events generally has left you exposed to a large amount of ridicule from your political opponents on a large range of topics but none of them have managed it to the extent you have inflicted upon yourself.

Please try and up the level of debate or the widely held view that you are trolling for the other side will only gain more traction. 

Oh dear - dry your eyes.  Personal abuse, tears, and snotters from you - I actually thought you were one of the better posters but that post of yours reeks of bitterness.

So you are saying that the ABN-Amro deal wasn't the primary business decision that couldn't possibly have been forseen with due dilligence?  There were other problems but the ABN-Amro was the major factor in 2007 just before the crash.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2011/dec/12/what-rbs-board-thinking-abn-amro

So, do you think that a Scottish government could have bailed out RBS, which has taken a long time to stabalise even with the UK government cash?

Space Mackerel
22 hours ago, frankblack said:

I'm questioning how someone thinks they can save a bank by ignoring all their liabilities outside Scotland.  If that were the case, Hearts could have walked away from the Lithuanian debt when they went into Administration.

Go on, perhaps its time for you to pull in your two nationalist IFA mates from the boozer to tell us how its done? :rofl:

Erm, ever heard of shareholders? I mean if if bought stocks in RBS pre crash that would make the SG liable for my investments?

coconut doug
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Oh dear - dry your eyes.  Personal abuse, tears, and snotters from you - I actually thought you were one of the better posters but that post of yours reeks of bitterness.

So you are saying that the ABN-Amro deal wasn't the primary business decision that couldn't possibly have been forseen with due dilligence?  There were other problems but the ABN-Amro was the major factor in 2007 just before the crash.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2011/dec/12/what-rbs-board-thinking-abn-amro

So, do you think that a Scottish government could have bailed out RBS, which has taken a long time to stabalise even with the UK government cash?

There's no tears and snotters from me, nor is there personal abuse. i am telling you quite openly that your responses and understanding are inadequate, you may well be a fine fellow when not disseminating your views on here but as far as i am concerned it is your posts that are full of bitterness as you frequently tell us how crap we are and how we could not survive without the help of the rUK. You frequently tell us you were lied to in the White paper on independence and seem unable to accept that there may be any upside to Indy as a result. Now that's bitterness for me.

It's not me that denies the ABM Amro was the major factor in the demise of RBS, it's the FCA. Check for yourself. https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/corporate/fsa-rbs.pdf  It was a contributory factor because RBS bought near worthless derivatives when they bought ABM and maybe that should have been picked up with due diligence but maybe not as practically every bank on the planet thought these derivatives were valuable. You will also see from the link that £14.5 billion of this RBS/ABM/Fortis debt was paid by the dutch government. The losses having been made in the Netherlands. The FCA report states specifically why RBS failed but it's a long read and i know you don't like them.

You start so many of your arguments from false premises derived from things you clearly do not understand. Why would a Scottish government want to bail out this bank when its losses were created through its casino banking arm in England and elsewhere? Why would a Scottish government allow reckless investment if they were liable for the losses? That's for the UK where the economy is so dependent on financial services it allowed the situation to develop through lax regulation (see fsa report). Iceland has asmaller economy than Scotland and had a large exposure to bank debt. It let the banks go under, imprisoned several bankers and recovered much more quickly than the UK .In fact we haven't recovered yet.  Iceland made their decisions for the good of the icelandic people, Scotland could have done the same for our people. The UK though always makes it's decisions based on the interests of the greedy elite or haven't you noticed.

Space Mackerel
5 hours ago, coconut doug said:

He works in finance Doug, he knows everything.