The rise and fall of The SNP.

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Almost time to stock up on the popcorn.  The next few weeks could be very bad news for the SNP.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51afd3969b3775665babd

What’s happening likes? 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

20 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Suppose it's a bit like winning the Cup and the League?

Not at all. 

6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Funny how only 43% represents a "massive landslide" in England though when the lizard party wins.

It's not funny and it's not a landslide, however it is the UK system which the Nationalist say is wrong (even I agree with that), so for Nationalists who believe in PR to claim a landslide is hypocrisy. Simple!

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, H2 said:

Not at all. 

General Election = SPFL Title. ✔️

Scottish Holyrood elections = Scottish Cup. ✔️

Local Council elections = Diddy Cup. ✔️

😊

4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

General Election = SPFL Title. ✔️

Scottish Holyrood elections = Scottish Cup. ✔️

Local Council elections = Diddy Cup. ✔️

😊

PMSL - I glad my brain doesn't work like yours!

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, H2 said:

PMSL - I glad my brain doesn't work like yours!

i.e

"I have no come back"

😊

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

i.e

"I have no come back"

😊

Oh there is a comeback - I was being polite, what a load if illogical rubbish - will that do for you 🙂

Space Mackerel
22 minutes ago, H2 said:

Oh there is a comeback - I was being polite, what a load if illogical rubbish - will that do for you 🙂

#IndyRef2 victory = Champions League Winners ✔️🥇

😊

35 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

#IndyRef2 victory = Champions League Winners ✔️🥇

😊

Your fantasy is only exceeded by your delusion. There will be a place in Carstairs for you.

jambos are go!
2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

This is a 6 month old link to a medium sized bookmaker. Currently Oddschecker shows its 5/6 for and 5/6 against across the board. So it would seem that the momentum is against Independence.

Another attempt by SM to distort the evidence IMO

3 hours ago, H2 said:

It's not funny and it's not a landslide, however it is the UK system which the Nationalist say is wrong (even I agree with that), so for Nationalists who believe in PR to claim a landslide is hypocrisy. Simple!

It is and it isn't.

If you win based on the rules of the game, what else can you do?

20 minutes ago, Boris said:

It is and it isn't.

If you win based on the rules of the game, what else can you do?

True, the rules of the game for the UK are different from that for Scotland, but people should not make hypocritical claims to suit their arguments.

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

1) It quite clearly isn't. 

2) Stop calling it #indyref2 , it is #indyref3 (1979, 2014)

3) You cheapen the choices of Scots, as defined as people living in Scotland, with your failure. We had a referendum, and us Scots decided. If you believe in the people who live in Scotland, listen to them.  

Missed that independence referendum in 1979, got any links about it?

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

1) It quite clearly isn't. 

2) Stop calling it #indyref2 , it is #indyref3 (1979, 2014)

3) You cheapen the choices of Scots, as defined as people living in Scotland, with your failure. We had a referendum, and us Scots decided. If you believe in the people who live in Scotland, listen to them.  

79 was devolution 1, which was a yes victory. But I don't hear frank crying about ignoring democracy on that. Oh and neither did brexit. 

Edited by ri Alban

Brighton Jambo

It would be interesting to do an independence poll with the public right now.  

My guess would be given the worries and anxieties that many people have around Coronavirus (I’m ignoring the “it’s not worse than flu” brigade on here) people would suddenly view being part of something larger with more resources reassuringly familiar

im not staying this changes the game long term but I think it will short term.

all those of you are don’t believe that anything ever would change your view on independence need not bother replying as I know your views.  

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

My guess would be given the worries and anxieties that many people have around Coronavirus (I’m ignoring the “it’s not worse than flu” brigade on here) people would suddenly view being part of something larger with more resources reassuringly familiar

all those of you are don’t believe that anything ever would change your view on independence need not bother replying as I know your views.  

So you're just looking for confirmation bias? 

Brighton Jambo
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So you're just looking for confirmation bias? 

I don’t really understand what that means 

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I don’t really understand what that means 

Brighton"I'm looking for someone to back up my thoughts(wishful thinking) that no-one will vote because of a virus, (serious, but so is the flu that no-one panics about)will vote in an Indyref.

Me"I will"

Brighton"Anybody?"

Brighton Jambo
Just now, ri Alban said:

Brighton"I'm looking for someone to back up my thoughts(wishful thinking) that no-one will vote because of a virus, (serious, but so is the flu that no-one panics about)will vote in an Indyref.

Me"I will"

Brighton"Anybody?"

See the last line of my original post about those with a view that will never ever change you were one of those I had in mind. So I did ask politely ask you didn’t!

Your also make up things, “no one will vote because of a virus”. Very very clearly didn’t say that.  

i was also clear that I didn’t think it would have an impact long term.  But I was clear my view was that it would short term.  

it’s for discussion but clearly you dont want to engage.  

it’s funny their are a handful of posters who have become so relentlessly predictable in their response.  You are their poster boy/girl.     

45 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

See the last line of my original post about those with a view that will never ever change you were one of those I had in mind. So I did ask politely ask you didn’t!

Your also make up things, “no one will vote because of a virus”. Very very clearly didn’t say that.  

i was also clear that I didn’t think it would have an impact long term.  But I was clear my view was that it would short term.  

it’s for discussion but clearly you dont want to engage.  

it’s funny their are a handful of posters who have become so relentlessly predictable in their response.  You are their poster boy/girl.     

So correct me here if I misunderstand your opinion.

Are you suggesting that someone who is leaning towards Scottish Independence would reverse that opinion because of the current Clovid19 virus situation?

Is that it?

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

So correct me here if I misunderstand your opinion.

Are you suggesting that someone who is leaning towards Scottish Independence would reverse that opinion because of the current Clovid19 virus situation?

Is that it?

I think people who are leaning towards independence may right now be more reassured that they are part of a larger whole with more resources at its disposal now than they would have been two months ago yes.  

I don’t think that will last which is why I said it would be interesting to do a poll right now.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This is an interesting scenario where the UK Government is sinking a lot of money in (and the proportionate amount +16% comes to Scotland from the UK treasury). Plus Scotland gets the free advice and expertise provided to the UK Government as it does for many other things. 

jambos are go!
21 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

What do you know? 😂

I know that the matter is sub judice and I cannot go further.

33 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I think people who are leaning towards independence may right now be more reassured that they are part of a larger whole with more resources at its disposal now than they would have been two months ago yes.  

I don’t think that will last which is why I said it would be interesting to do a poll right now.  

The UK government came out and said they were working hard with supermarkets to make sure those folks who are self isolating are looked after. 

Next day the supermarkets spokesman came out and said, what the f@#$ are the UK government talking about, there's been no contact what so ever.

We now have uk gov saying we won't run out of food, 

Supermarkets saying they won't be able to cope. 

These clowns In Westminster couldn't run a bath. 

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, jumpship said:

The UK government came out and said they were working hard with supermarkets to make sure those folks who are self isolating are looked after. 

Next day the supermarkets spokesman came out and said, what the f@#$ are the UK government talking about, there's been no contact what so ever.

We now have uk gov saying we won't run out of food, 

Supermarkets saying they won't be able to cope. 

These clowns In Westminster couldn't run a bath. 

In your opinion, that expert on the channel 4 interview above actually said that compared to other countries the level of preparedness and communication in the UK is good and better than some other countries.  I will listen to the opinion of a world leading expert rather than your rantings if that okay with you.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

52 minutes ago, H2 said:

This is an interesting scenario where the UK Government is sinking a lot of money in (and the proportionate amount +16% comes to Scotland from the UK treasury). Plus Scotland gets the free advice and expertise provided to the UK Government as it does for many other things. 

So we get more of our own money back woohoo!! Thanks Boris/Wuhan. 

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

In your opinion, that expert on the channel 4 interview above actually said that compared to other countries the level of preparedness and communication in the UK is good and better than some other countries.  I will listen to the opinion of a world leading expert rather than your rantings if that okay with you.  

Do you think this world leading expert was in contact with the PM and advising him on how best to adhere to the containment phase?   https://news.sky.com/video/coronavirus-i-shook-hands-with-everybody-11948548 Free advice! - a free hit for the Tories more like.

2 hours ago, gjcc said:

So we get more of our own money back woohoo!! Thanks Boris/Wuhan. 

:phface: the world of fantasy!

8 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Utter straw clutching shite IMO

8 hours ago, H2 said:

But not as cheap as the SNP

My dads bigger than your dad type argument IMO

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Utter straw clutching shite IMO

I didn’t want your opinion.  I made it very clear that certain posters who are absolutely totally incapable of acknowledging anything other than independence at all costs shouldn’t bother replying You 100% fall into that category.

also I think you can’t be very intelligent.  Or at Least you certainly can’t read.  I specifically, explicitly said long term I didn’t think it would have an effect but short term I would be interested to see a poll.

but you are incapable of grasping those things as you are the very definition of a cyber nat who can’t wait to jump on anyone who doesn’t share your view.  

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

My dads bigger than your dad type argument IMO

PMSL, More like pantomime, which is more appropriate for the jokers like Sturgeon and Boris. 

Brighton Jambo
4 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Corona virus is going to save the Union. I’ve heard it all now. 😁😁😁

Union doesn’t need saving yet from what I can see, latest polls show support for no still ahead.  SNP infighting ramping up and unbelievably they are trying to oust sturgeon their one real advantage.  Salmond trial still to come.  

the only hope I can see is that Brexit exit is a disaster.  If it’s not then I don’t see what else the game changer is that really moves those polls.  Lose a Indy majority in Holyrood in 2021 and it’s off the table and Sturgeon is gone.  

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I didn’t want your opinion.  I made it very clear that certain posters who are absolutely totally incapable of acknowledging anything other than independence at all costs shouldn’t bother replying You 100% fall into that category.

also I think you can’t be very intelligent.  Or at Least you certainly can’t read.  I specifically, explicitly said long term I didn’t think it would have an effect but short term I would be interested to see a poll.

but you are incapable of grasping those things as you are the very definition of a cyber nat who can’t wait to jump on anyone who doesn’t share your view.  

Get off your high horse. Your post is written in the style of “heres my opinion but I dont want yours” & not even remotely condescending either.

What an arsehole.

Keep supporting the tory way. Theres a lad. 

Brighton Jambo
11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Get off your high horse. Your post is written in the style of “heres my opinion but I dont want yours” & not even remotely condescending either.

What an arsehole.

Keep supporting the tory way. Theres a lad. 

It’s not written ‘in that style’ it says exactly that.  I don’t want your opinion because you can never say anything constructive or debate anything without resorting to insults and abuse and shouting down anyone who isn’t an ardent independence supporter.  You are incapable of balance and nuance.  

13 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It’s not written ‘in that style’ it says exactly that.  I don’t want your opinion because you can never say anything constructive or debate anything without resorting to insults and abuse and shouting down anyone who isn’t an ardent independence supporter.  You are incapable of balance and nuance.  

Youve lost the plot. Maybe you need a wee break away from here mate. 

Brighton Jambo
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Youve lost the plot. Maybe you need a wee break away from here mate. 

On that I do agree with you! 

10 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

As I said, you only want echoes.