The rise and fall of The SNP.

Back in 2007, it was a very different picture. 

The Holyrood result in 2011 broke the system and allowed a minority view to overshadow the people of Scotland ever since.

Since then,  Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have both failed in their only objective. 

The cost of pursuing an 'the end justifies the means' campaign is returning home to roost. 

And that is before any mention of sexual/financial indiscretions, that have been reported so far.

Now, in 2020, it seems like The SNP are finished. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

The Holyrood result in 2011 broke the system and allowed a minority view to overshadow the people of Scotland ever since.

Since then,  Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have both failed in their only objective. 

The cost of pursuing an 'the end justifies the means' campaign is returning home to roost. 

And that is before any mention of sexual/financial indiscretions, that have been reported so far.

Chuck in a grenade and stand well back.

9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

How are they not finished? 

They have been in power since 2007.

They are the most popular political party in the country. So, they are not finished. 

24 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

How are they not finished? 

They have been in power since 2007.

Its obvious they care more about "independence" than they care about anything.

They have had the backing of Rupert Murdoch for a long time.

AFTER ALL OF THIS - > still no. 

I totally agree with you. They're on the way out and not before time. Extremist nationalist parties like the snp should always be called out for what they are and be dispatched forthwith.

40 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Would you have said the same about Labour before?

Are Labour now no longer finished?

Are the Tories the party with power in Scotland now?

20 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I think you are doing 'whatabouterry' here.

Fair play to you.

But the descent of the SNP started a long time ago. The SNP are finished, imo, there is no energy in a single one of them.

I'm just trying to figure out who is going to win the next election.

37 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Firstly , I thank you for contributing @Cruyff

Secondly, always feel free to fire in. 

I'm not an SNP supporter, I think they are fecking useless beyond comprehension, in fact I hate them all, all the parties, I hate politics and politicians but I want Independence for Scotland and will keep voting SNP until that happens. 

They are clearly not finished however. They just got 45% of the vote in Scotland at the last General election. Boris's tories with a ridiculous majority got 42.4% of the vote in the entire UK and that was in a GE where people weren't voting for a Scottish Government. 

So to suggest the SNP are finished is a baseless delusion and wishful thinking from British Nationalists. 👍 

Just now, Zlatanable said:

Well, its not going to be Nicola Sturgeon. And it's not going to be "Scotland votes to be Independent'.

Correct. 

Scotland does very well out of being part of the good force big picture UK. 

Small time nationalism is very very bad.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm not an SNP supporter, I think they are fecking useless beyond comprehension, in fact I hate them all, all the parties, I hate politics and politicians but I want Independence for Scotland and will keep voting SNP until that happens. 

They are clearly not finished however. They just got 45% of the vote in Scotland at the last General election. Boris's tories with a ridiculous majority got 42.4% of the vote in the entire UK and that was in a GE where people weren't voting for a Scottish Government. 

So to suggest the SNP are finished is a baseless delusion and wishful thinking from British Nationalists. 👍 

We are far far better remaining part of the big picture UK. Small time nationalism is a curse.

Just now, JustinT said:

We are far far better remaining part of the big picture UK. Small time nationalism is a curse.

Compared to your big time Nationalism? 

8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The Snp are working within the big UK budget. Could you outline what the budget would be if going it alone? The last time the UK was considering going it alone the leader of the Snp was 'allegedly also going it alone'?

1 minute ago, JustinT said:

The Snp are working within the big UK budget. Could you outline what the budget would be if going it alone? The last time the UK was considering going it alone the leader of the Snp was 'allegedly also going it alone'?

Do I want to get into a debate about indy2 at 2 in the morning? No.

I just find it interesting that a party who just over 2 months ago won 45% of the Scottish vote in a GE are now suddenly finished and will not win their next Scottish election.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Compared to your big time Nationalism? 

Is that what Snp nationalists resort to these days? Pretending that those who are content with the UK are as nasty as the nats are? Pathetic.

thanks for the chat @Cruyff 

but the SNP are done, and Scottish Nationalism is done, for now, 

(personally, I hope it never comes back. Its stupid, cruel, and empty, imo)

I cannot see how The SNP regains honour, or how Scotland becomes Independent in the future decades.  

You must live in your own wee bubble if that's what you think. 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Do I want to get into a debate about indy2 at 2 in the morning? No.

I just find it interesting that a party who just over 2 months ago won 45% of the Scottish vote in a GE are now suddenly finished and will not win their next Scottish election.

Any party is welcome at trying to win the Holyrood parliament majority as part of UK devolution. 

We the Scots voted just a few years ago decisively to remain as part of the big UK.

Just now, JustinT said:

Any party is welcome at trying to win the Holyrood parliament majority as part of UK devolution. 

We the Scots voted just a few years ago decisively to remain as part of the big UK.

Aye, but you said the SNP won't win.

Who will?

1 minute ago, JustinT said:

Is that what Snp nationalists resort to these days? Pretending that those who are content with the UK are as nasty as the nats are? Pathetic.

You don't half talk some shite. If you're just 'content' then I'm the Sultan of Brunei. 👍 

22 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

19 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Well, its not going to be Nicola Sturgeon. And it's not going to be "Scotland votes to be Independent'.

16 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Correct. 

Scotland does very well out of being part of the good force big picture UK. 

Small time nationalism is very very bad.

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Aye, but you said the SNP won't win.

Who will?

2 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Wrong. 

They are though on the way down, no doubt. 

To me, a stupid wee Nat. It looks very much like you said the SNP won't win.

Pay attention at the back. 

It's been emotional.

Good night.

do you remember #45?

I do. The numbers haven't progressed from that, really, in 5 years.

The game is up. 

You're not seeing the bigger picture here. 

Support for Independence has grown tenfold over the last 20 years.

Just now, Cruyff said:

You don't half talk some shite. If you're just 'content' then I'm the Sultan of Brunei. 👍 

That's the sound of those who have lost any semblance of reason and debate. The Snp and its separatists will always lose the debate and revert to nonsense and insults as they're a very nasty bunch of small time extremist nationalists. People should turn away from their hatred and flag waving.

11 minutes ago, JustinT said:

That's the sound of those who have lost any semblance of reason and debate. The Snp and its separatists will always lose the debate and revert to nonsense and insults as they're a very nasty bunch of small time extremist nationalists. People should turn away from their hatred and flag waving.

Give it a rest mate, do you think I zip up the back? I can smell that you're a British Nationalist from miles away. You're fooling no one. 

9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Well, I'm wrong , and you are correct. 

Thanks for replying

Please spare a thought for me in the inevitable indy Scotland, that defo won't be happening. 

I'm sure the Brit Nats were saying the same thing about Devolution in the 60's onwards. 

The demographics are against you. 

Just like they are for the Loyalists in N. Ire. Another inevitability. 

Don't be on the wrong side of History. 👍 

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I am talking about power, @AlphonseCapone and the waste of it

FWIW, I do very much think the SNP has stagnated and their record in education and health is pretty appalling.

Unfortunately, they'll continue to dominate until independence happens because lots of people will vote for them until that outcome is achieved, and I need to admit that I'm one of them. That might sound ridiculous to unionist ears but I just cannot in good conscious vote for a party that supports the Union as that position goes against my fundamental beliefs.

I don’t see how they’re finished bearing in mind the last election results.

Alex Salmond’s days of showering alone are nearly finished though

16 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

FWIW, I do very much think the SNP has stagnated and their record in education and health is pretty appalling.

Unfortunately, they'll continue to dominate until independence happens because lots of people will vote for them until that outcome is achieved, and I need to admit that I'm one of them. That might sound ridiculous to unionist ears but I just cannot in good conscious vote for a party that supports the Union as that position goes against my fundamental beliefs.

Words fail me.

10 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I don't have to listen to a single thing you say.

You are on the losing side .

Its done and done, 

You lost for this reason-> you  stopped listening. 

Of course you don't.

Here's some historic polling for you on Independence and Devolution pre Devo. 

Looks familiar. 

Screenshot_20200222-023321.thumb.png.e07d460f46ccdb926b3f16820845b1cd.png

Screenshot_20200222-023336.thumb.png.86d091a4b4b93bf4583622a754b651e1.png

Screenshot_20200222-023357.thumb.png.e7eb399637d08795f3d8198f49d74f04.png

Screenshot_20200222-023411.thumb.png.97b0abcc01dbcfd4b7c70443c21f2fd5.png

AlphonseCapone
15 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Vote anyway you want @AlphonseCapone , Scotland won't vote to become independent as far as I can see. 

If you, and your brethren and sistren, continue to vote for for people, that are quite clearly, shan. Thats all about you and yours.

At some stage, people will stand up to such things. 

That's fine. I'm utterly comfortable with my choices. 

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Power is not numbers in an opinion poll.

Never has been. 

Which totally disproves your point. 

53 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

do you remember #45?

I do. The numbers haven't progressed from that, really, in 5 years.

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

What level of crime would shake you out of your comfort?

I don't know, it's not something I worry about given that levels of crime are currently at one of the lowest levels since the early 1970's.

AlphonseCapone

so you are comfortable with the sex crimes of the SNP so far.?

Can you explain what you mean? Are you accusing the SNP, a political party, of sex crimes? 

The Mighty Thor

Wow. What a remarkable thread. 

Touched all the bases from SNP bad right through to SNP rapist. 

Telling that the new narrative of SNP voters and supporters are petty, nasty, racist extremists got an airing in the week that the Westminster government gave the dictionary definition of racist and xenophobic extremism with the new points based immigration system. (One which the Scottish government wants to opt out from)

Anyway one man's wishful thinking is one man's wishful thinking. 

John Gentleman
4 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

The Rise and Fall of the SNP = 2007-2020 in power, but failed to convince the people that live  in Scotland, in 13 years, that Independence was worthwhile. 

As you'll see from my location, I'm a long way from all this now. But I will say this: 13 years is a mere blink of the eye in the long game of politics being played out. Scotland has previous as a sovereign nation and may well become one again. If and when, I don't know. Neither do you. Nobody does.

As Harold MacMillan once responded to a challenging question, "Events old chap. It all depends on events....".

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Can you work closely and be mentored by someone for years and not know ?

What do you mean? Something like Saville and the Tory party. The Tories invented sleaze.

16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What do you mean? Something like Saville and the Tory party. The Tories invented sleaze.

Worse than that, they covered it up for political gain. 

Tim Fortescue:

“Anyone with any sense who was in trouble would come to the whips and tell them the truth, and say now, “I’m in a jam, can you help?” It might be debt, it might be a scandal involving small boys, or any kind of scandal which a member seemed likely to be mixed up in, they’d come and ask if we could help. And if we could, we did. We would do everything we can because we would store up brownie points. That sounds a pretty nasty reason but one of the reasons is, if we can get a chap out of trouble, he’ll do as we ask forever more.”

Montgomery Brewster
9 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

You sound like a walking copy of the Daily Mail.

putting party politics aside - if any of these characters have done anything illegal they will be found guilty. End of story. 

:lol: What an enjoyable read.

Can't wait for Scotland to reach its potential as an independent nation and join it as an immigrant. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:lol: What an enjoyable read.

Can't wait for Scotland to reach its potential as an independent nation and join it as an immigrant. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

:jjno:

:D Only joking, you're already a Scot, JZ. 👍

10 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

They are the most popular party in Europe in every aspect, UK, Scotland and councils. Your are rather deluded but why am I not surprised.