The rise and fall of The SNP.

Top marks to the SNP MPs supporting Patrick Grady. Brilliant there is a recording of all the support he got. He probably just made a small mistake with some nomark. 

Support your own. Sets the mood and culture going forward. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

The Ultimate Worrier

Two years in the slammer for Natalie McGarry for embezzling 25 grand, 25 ****ing big ones.

Malinga the Swinga
On 26/06/2022 at 20:53, Mikey1874 said:

Top marks to the SNP MPs supporting Patrick Grady. Brilliant there is a recording of all the support he got. He probably just made a small mistake with some nomark. 

Not sure your being sarcastic or believe what you've written.

I'll go for sarcastic as you're too intelligent to be doing otherwise.

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

SNP don't want to support Ukraine anymore, because it costs too much money 😃

Maybe cos it comes out our block grant? Theyd have to take it out the budget from somewhere else no? 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Maybe cos it comes out our block grant? Theyd have to take it out the budget from somewhere else no? 

Not sure exactly but Scottish Government had big underspend last year. £600 million not spent.

manaliveits105
On 26/06/2022 at 21:53, Mikey1874 said:

Scottish Nonce Party 

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Two years in the slammer for Natalie McGarry for embezzling 25 grand, 25 ****ing big ones.

Good to see due process taking place and the correct decision being taken.

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Scottish Nonce Party 

I think the Tory nonce count this year alone is around 10 including ones that have been 'banged up' so to speak. 

Then there's the other establishment nonces of which there are many.

24 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think the Tory nonce count this year alone is around 10 including ones that have been 'banged up' so to speak. 

Then there's the other establishment nonces of which there are many.

Your perverts are pervier than our perverts isn't really much of a defence 🤔 

The Mighty Thor
30 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Your perverts are pervier than our perverts isn't really much of a defence 🤔 

True. It's just the sheer number. And that's the ones we know about. Then there's the fraud. The corruption. The lying to parliament. The end is listless.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

🤣 should be the Royal's thread, no?

I got thread banned☺️

Japan Jambo
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I got thread banned☺️

Jeez you must of really jumped the shark with some of the rubbish that's spouted here every day, what did you do?

Does Davie not do suspensions/amnesties? Could start a petition...😁

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Jeez you must of really jumped the shark with some of the rubbish that's spouted here every day, what did you do?

Does Davie not do suspensions/amnesties? Could start a petition...😁

Not even sure what my last post on it was but must’ve annoyed someone…😬

I just usually call royalists out for the utter nonce cases they are.
If that’s a ban I’m in trouble :lol: 

42 minutes ago, Boab said:

I forgot Katie Forbes was up the stick.

Off now on maternity leave.

Swinney in charge of the treasury !

😕

Doesn’t come as a surprise. 
It’s like a small club with 3 or 4 of them that get new job titles every year 

Weakened Offender
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure exactly but Scottish Government had big underspend last year. £600 million not spent.

That should just about cover next year's once-in-a-generation Yeserendum 😍

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The SNP are pretty conservative.

They just lack talent.

Sturgeon is head and shoulders above most of her peers UK wide.

Despite my criticism on a range of topics.

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Doesn’t come as a surprise. 
It’s like a small club with 3 or 4 of them that get new job titles every year 

I'm thinking more, Swinney would struggle not to **** up making a cup of tea !

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Time to move on comrade...

He has, of course, gone rather quiet. 

Konrad von Carstein
7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Has Blackford offered him to join the snp and give him his full support ?

:qqb007:

Jeffros Furios
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Nothing to see Volodja

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Genuine scandal. We may not have all the money we need but it is criminal that we don't use what we have effectively. No Govt gets everything right but SG consciously make choices that make it harder to realise benefits of our investments

Lord Montpelier
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

He could certainly teach even the most experienced a thing or two about sweeping problems under carpets

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

At least he had the decency to resign. 

Lord Montpelier
18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yep. Fell on his sword. Don't see any SNP having the integrity to do that. Worrying amount of deviants and reprobates running the country right now though on all sides. 

The Mighty Thor
23 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Who? IQ5?

The board would be better for it.

Lord Montpelier
16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Appears to be the norm, rather than the exception now.

Loads of them at it eh ? And that's just the ones that are caught. A right mix of deviants, liars, robbers, liberty taking shower of *****

Probably more of them on the take in some way , shape or form than not. 

Lord Montpelier
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Public ‘draft’, much like jury duty, the way forward. Or some kind of AI/technocracy hybrid. Modern politics is as cheap and nasty as a reality TV show.

If you added the category to my list of not being qualified or experienced enough for the position they hold you would cover 95% of them (see Forbes, Finance, Yousaf, Health, Swinney, anything, for example)

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Who? IQ5?

The board would be better for it.

Your constant whataboutery has got you all tied up in knots. 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Your constant whataboutery has got you all tied up in knots. 

Aye mate. Totally floundering. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Aye mate. Totally floundering. 

Well they do say admitting there is a problem is the first step to recovery. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well they do say admitting there is a problem is the first step to recovery. 

the floor is all yours. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting take on the situation.

Four reasons to be fearful for the SNP

Independence supporters are right to be worried about the first minister’s baffling strategy to force a second referendum

July 12 2022, The Times

In the two weeks since Nicola Sturgeon unveiled her plan for a “de facto referendum” on independence, the reaction of the SNP faithful has moved through a number of stages.

First there was Pavlovian joy. Hooray! Here we go! Free by ’23!

Then a skelf of doubt produced a twinge of discomfort. What was a de facto referendum anyway? Was it actually a thing?

Now the anxiety is palpable. What on earth are we doing, they say. Is this really a good idea? Are we setting ourselves up to lose? And if we do lose, on our own terms, what then?

Independence supporters are right to be worried and I will explain why.

First, a recap. Sturgeon wants the UK Supreme Court to endorse Holyrood’s unilateral plan for a new vote on independence. In the likely event of a knock-back, her intention is to treat the next UK general election as a de facto referendum in which the SNP will campaign on the “sole issue” of breaking up Britain.

Everyone is still trying to figure out exactly what this means in practical terms. The consensus seems to be that indyref2 will be considered won if the SNP attracts more than 50 per cent of the Scottish popular vote.

On this basis, as a public service, I address my remarks to the SNP and offer four reasons why this strategy is a really bad idea.

1 — You’ve already lost the youth vote. In the 2014 referendum teens aged 16 and 17 had the right to vote. The same is true of Holyrood elections since 2016. But to vote in a UK general election you have to be 18. Teenagers tend to be massively in favour of independence, but tens of thousands of these young Scots will have to sit this one out. Before a vote is cast, the SNP is already behind.

2 — Weird though it may sound, not every SNP voter wants independence. Opinion polls are clear on this. Of those who voted SNP in the most recent general election,13 per cent would vote No in a conventional indyref. A further 11 per cent don’t know which way they would vote. That makes almost one in four SNP voters who cannot be counted upon if you treat a general election as a de facto referendum.

Sure, there are some indy-supporting Labour voters who might be tempted to switch to the SNP, but these are smaller in number. It is almost as if a general election is not the ideal mechanism for a single-issue campaign. Who knew?

3 — Winning control of the media narrative will be impossible. The SNP keeps forgetting that Scots don’t live in a Scottish media bubble. They may listen to BBC Radio 2 instead of Radio Clyde. They may watch ITV’s News at Ten instead of The Nine on the BBC Scotland TV channel.

So in a general election many Scots will get UK news, not Scottish news. And UK news bulletins will have as their focus the contest for Downing Street, a compelling political story personalised in the tussle between prime ministerial hopefuls. There will be a number of televised leader debates with blanket coverage. The SNP’s de facto referendum may get a mention but only in passing.

This is a lesson the SNP should have learnt by now. Take the mess they made of the census. Scotland opted out of the UK survey and the result was fewer people here knew it was happening. Missing was the aggregated weight of UK media coverage, from Newsnight to Jeremy Vine, aided by a massive public information campaign created by M&C Saatchi. A Scotland-only push could not hope to reach as many people. Our low completion rate tells its own story.

Why do nationalists keep making this mistake? Because they are nationalists and that is their world view. They find it hard to understand that for many of their fellow Scots the world does not end at the border with England.

4 — The opposition will not play ball. What made the 2014 referendum such a huge democratic event, reported globally, was that everyone was focused on one simple issue: Should Scotland be an independent country?

Crucially, the process had the consent of the SNP’s enemies. The purpose was agreed and so was the question. This will not be the case in a de facto referendum. In fact, it will only be de facto to SNP supporters.

My hunch is the campaign will feel a lot like any other UK general election. The SNP will be banging on about independence, but what’s new? Meantime, other parties will be talking about the issues of the moment: Ukraine, inflation and the cost of living.

i wish jj was my dad

So the easy answer is allow the Referendum? I didn't want it but if a govt with a democratic mandate wants it it should happen. Win the argument one way or another. Yes vote it happens. No vote it IS put to bed for at least a decade.  

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, Imaman said:

Independence supporters are right to be worried about the first minister’s baffling strategy to force a second referendum

July 12 2022, The Times

In the two weeks since Nicola Sturgeon unveiled her plan for a “de facto referendum” on independence, the reaction of the SNP faithful has moved through a number of stages.

Then a skelf of doubt produced a twinge of discomfort. What was a de facto referendum anyway? Was it actually a thing?

Now the anxiety is palpable. What on earth are we doing, they say. Is this really a good idea? Are we setting ourselves up to lose? And if we do lose, on our own terms, what then?

First, a recap. Sturgeon wants the UK Supreme Court to endorse Holyrood’s unilateral plan for a new vote on independence. In the likely event of a knock-back, her intention is to treat the next UK general election as a de facto referendum in which the SNP will campaign on the “sole issue” of breaking up Britain.

Everyone is still trying to figure out exactly what this means in practical terms. The consensus seems to be that indyref2 will be considered won if the SNP attracts more than 50 per cent of the Scottish popular vote.

On this basis, as a public service, I address my remarks to the SNP and offer four reasons why this strategy is a really bad idea.

1 — You’ve already lost the youth vote. In the 2014 referendum teens aged 16 and 17 had the right to vote. The same is true of Holyrood elections since 2016. But to vote in a UK general election you have to be 18. Teenagers tend to be massively in favour of independence, but tens of thousands of these young Scots will have to sit this one out. Before a vote is cast, the SNP is already behind.

2 — Weird though it may sound, not every SNP voter wants independence. Opinion polls are clear on this. Of those who voted SNP in the most recent general election,13 per cent would vote No in a conventional indyref. A further 11 per cent don’t know which way they would vote. That makes almost one in four SNP voters who cannot be counted upon if you treat a general election as a de facto referendum.

Sure, there are some indy-supporting Labour voters who might be tempted to switch to the SNP, but these are smaller in number. It is almost as if a general election is not the ideal mechanism for a single-issue campaign. Who knew?

3 — Winning control of the media narrative will be impossible. The SNP keeps forgetting that Scots don’t live in a Scottish media bubble. They may listen to BBC Radio 2 instead of Radio Clyde. They may watch ITV’s News at Ten instead of The Nine on the BBC Scotland TV channel.

So in a general election many Scots will get UK news, not Scottish news. And UK news bulletins will have as their focus the contest for Downing Street, a compelling political story personalised in the tussle between prime ministerial hopefuls. There will be a number of televised leader debates with blanket coverage. The SNP’s de facto referendum may get a mention but only in passing.

This is a lesson the SNP should have learnt by now. Take the mess they made of the census. Scotland opted out of the UK survey and the result was fewer people here knew it was happening. Missing was the aggregated weight of UK media coverage, from Newsnight to Jeremy Vine, aided by a massive public information campaign created by M&C Saatchi. A Scotland-only push could not hope to reach as many people. Our low completion rate tells its own story.

Why do nationalists keep making this mistake? Because they are nationalists and that is their world view. They find it hard to understand that for many of their fellow Scots the world does not end at the border with England.

4 — The opposition will not play ball. What made the 2014 referendum such a huge democratic event, reported globally, was that everyone was focused on one simple issue: Should Scotland be an independent country?

Crucially, the process had the consent of the SNP’s enemies. The purpose was agreed and so was the question. This will not be the case in a de facto referendum. In fact, it will only be de facto to SNP supporters.

My hunch is the campaign will feel a lot like any other UK general election. The SNP will be banging on about independence, but what’s new? Meantime, other parties will be talking about the issues of the moment: Ukraine, inflation and the cost of living.

A lot of words that say nothing! What a hopeless post!

1 hour ago, Imaman said:

July 12 2022, The Times

Is it just me or will those 16 and 17 year old voter be 18 at the next General election.

Where the piece has some credence is none of the main stream parties will back a referendum.

However deals are done if there is a hung parliament.

So hypothetically would anyone support and SNP pledge to support any party in return for a referendum?

There's no chance the supreme court will or even can give the judgement she seeks.