The rise and fall of The SNP.

Konrad von Carstein
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Stating the obvious from your replies konnie dear. It's as if my second sentence didn't exist. Or perhaps critical thinking just isn't your forte. 

:qqb006:

:greggy:

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

ArcticJambo

I'll just add (based on nothing more than taking a passing instance in this) that the impression I got from Blackmore's remarks, were that he meant ... let's try to give him a bit of support to get him on track again, to get through the initial media scrum he'll face after 'serving his time' (2 day suspension from work, was it).  Don't think they're actually condoning what he did, just being pragmatic about it all.

Trying to look at this from a purely human perspective; to me his line of work is irrelevant.  Was surprised such a big fuss of it has been made but then, dese the times we live in!

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

I'll just add (based on nothing more than taking a passing instance in this) that the impression I got from Blackmore's remarks, were that he meant ... let's try to give him a bit of support to get him on track again, to get through the initial media scrum he'll face after 'serving his time' (2 day suspension from work, was it).  Don't think they're actually condoning what he did, just being pragmatic about it all.

Trying to look at this from a purely human perspective; to me his line of work is irrelevant.  Was surprised such a big fuss of it has been made but then, dese the times we live in!

Most of us should probably be in the jail for the antics we pulled trying to get our Nat King back in the day.

ArcticJambo
Just now, Dirk McClaymore said:

Most of us should probably be in the jail for the antics we pulled trying to get our Nat King back in the day.

Aye, I could tell you a few hair stories; became quite an expert at sounding out a sweet smelling coiffure in the living years. No need for any stroking. :ninja: :D

2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Whatever happened to just simply telling him at the time to: '**** off, I don't fancy you you weirdo!', and leave it at that.  Instead a big fuss is made of it and then try and ruin his life. He touched someon's hair ffs. 

The persons involved were an older person of seniority in powerful position.

The other a 17 year old.

The party itself has procedures for this.

Lots of things were once ignored and accepted .

Like no not meaning no or they're playing hard to get.

That's why procedures are in place.

Blackford should have made sure the youngster got support.

Instead the youngster has reported feeling ostracised and ignored by the party.

ArcticJambo
4 minutes ago, Ked said:

The persons involved were an older person of seniority in powerful position.

The other a 17 year old.

The party itself has procedures for this.

Lots of things were once ignored and accepted .

Like no not meaning no or they're playing hard to get.

That's why procedures are in place.

Blackford should have made sure the youngster got support.

Instead the youngster has reported feeling ostracised and ignored by the party.

Fair enough, they both deserve support, albeit in different ways. imo.

2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Whatever happened to just simply telling him at the time to: '**** off, I don't fancy you you weirdo!', and leave it at that.  Instead a big fuss is made of it and then try and ruin his life. He touched someon's hair ffs. 

Probably get pelters here but as you say what’s the big deal. 
Guy got a KB and years later it gets brought back up. 

You soon won’t be able to talk to someone incase they charge you. 
As has been said previously half this board would be in jail if they started charging people with what they done in last 30 years in a nightclub or pub trying to chat someone up 

4 minutes ago, theshed said:

Probably get pelters here but as you say what’s the big deal. 
Guy got a KB and years later it gets brought back up. 

You soon won’t be able to talk to someone incase they charge you. 
As has been said previously half this board would be in jail if they started charging people with what they done in last 30 years in a nightclub or pub trying to chat someone up 

Can't remember sleazing someone young enough to be my grandchild .

And if I did I would expect fekin pelters for it at least or a slap .

Bit of victim blaming going  here.

Plus it was work related not a club or pub thing.

The SNP have rightly made a point about this kind of behaviour being unacceptable.

Yet they showed total disregard for the youngster and full support for the old sleaze who held a powerful position.

ArcticJambo

It happened in 2016, at an SNP Social when Grady was 36, and the victim in question was 19. Not advocating violence really but a good bitch-slap probably would have sufficed, and no doubt that would have been enough to learn Grady, unless he's completely lacking self-awareness.

Japan Jambo
16 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Said dubious fella should have been emptied as an SNP MP.

IB should at the least withdraw his support and apologise.

I'd remind you that others in WM are guilty of FAR worse and are still in post

Yup though to be fair to the SNP they did remove the whip from Margaret Ferrier

Konrad von Carstein
9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Used to have a recurring nightmare where folk could ‘see’ my thoughts as I was walking down the street. 

That'd be another decade added to my sentence.

And now, thanks to JKB, we can :)

You weirdo :lol:

Konrad von Carstein
24 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Careful, I got banned off the Covid thread for using that word…

Seriously?

Ridiculous if so!

I was launched from the Brexit one for letting EC get under my skin one evening (was a wee bi tipsy mind :lol: )

Obvious trolls and spammers should be the target for thread bans, not fine upstanding gentlemen such as ourselves. :wub:

:groundhog:

Lord Montpelier
39 minutes ago, Ked said:

It's been clear for a while now Nicola Sturgeon is only interested in 2 things ; independence and Nicola Sturgeon. 

I'm not even sure she's that bothered about the former . 

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I like Murray. A Hearts man and a good local MP for us whenever we've needed his help.

Pretty damning little piece that. Of course, the SNP fans will probably be able to point to successes just as easily as Murray is able to point out the failures; politics and political fans do that, it helps them make sense of the world, fair enough. I was a member of the SNP for two years, but all I got out of it was a series of letters and leaflets asking for more donations.

I'm similar, however, I'm happy to pay the subs...what were you expecting?

You could've engaged with the local party group and assist in canvassing etc

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If Murray was a Tory, Lib Dem, MRLP or United Russia, I'd probably still vote for him.

I saw him on TV doing a hatchet job on Corbyn early on in Corbyn's leadership and found it really distasteful.

Whether he was right in whqt he was saying is neither here nor there, it was a dirty laundry in public moment, and another example of what's been wrong with the Labour party for years.

Roxy Hearts
7 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I saw him on TV doing a hatchet job on Corbyn early on in Corbyn's leadership and found it really distasteful.

Whether he was right in whqt he was saying is neither here nor there, it was a dirty laundry in public moment, and another example of what's been wrong with the Labour party for years.

Can't stand him. Murray is a snake.

Lord Montpelier
38 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Can't stand him. Murray is a snake.

Hearts legend. Without him you wouldn't have a message board to post your nonsense on. 

Murray is an ultra unionist who really is better suited to the tories so it's hardly surprising he, once again, uses a unionist paper to attack NS. 

What he did as part of the campaign to save our club is to be admired; nothing to do with politics though 

Malinga the Swinga

It appears Mr Blackford in bother for bullying allegations as well as protection of sex pest.

Interesting that Mrs Sturgeon, so keen to assist in general kicking of Salmond, is remaining in background on this occasion.

Questions need to be asked why?

Roxy Hearts
On 24/06/2022 at 07:51, Lord Montpelier said:

Hearts legend. Without him you wouldn't have a message board to post your nonsense on. 

Oh shut up! He's a snake whom I dislike immensely. Is it OK to loathe him or must I conform to your stupid views?

Lord Montpelier
9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Oh shut up! He's a snake whom I dislike immensely. Is it OK to loathe him or must I conform to your stupid views?

Up to you Roxy. You must carry a lot of anger with you to "loathe" someone like him . Perhaps chill out a bit. 

Roxy Hearts
3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Up to you Roxy. You must carry a lot of anger with you to "loathe" someone like him . Perhaps chill out a bit. 

Nope, absolutely loathe him. He embarrasses Scotland every time he opens his mouth. I'm fairly chilled bud.

Lord Montpelier
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Nope, absolutely loathe him. He embarrasses Scotland every time he opens his mouth. I'm fairly chilled bud.

Your the only one embarrassing Scotland, Roxy. Would take Ian Murray over 1000 Nationalists any day of the week.

Weakened Offender
On 20/06/2022 at 10:49, jonesy said:

Careful, I got banned off the Covid thread for using that word…

Good to see my report was dealt with. 😎

Roxy Hearts
9 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Your the only one embarrassing Scotland, Roxy. Would take Ian Murray over 1000 Nationalists any day of the week.

A 1000 British Nationalists like him! No thanks! 

18 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Cringe 

Jeffros Furios
24 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Good to see my report was dealt with. 😎

:rofl:

Lord Montpelier
36 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

A 1000 British Nationalists like him! No thanks! 

No Ian Murray. No Roxy Hearts on here, or anyone else for that matter . Simple. He should be on your Christmas Card list Roxy. 

Roxy Hearts
38 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

No Ian Murray. No Roxy Hearts on here, or anyone else for that matter . Simple. He should be on your Christmas Card list Roxy. 

In your tiny mind. Get a grip!

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

In your tiny mind. Get a grip!

I take it your not an FoH member Roxy. 

Lord Montpelier
13 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I most certainly am. 

You will recall and give praise I'm sure then to the fantastic leadership Mr Murray and others showed when someone had to step up and constitute FoH. Chairman as I remember. What a guy, played a massive role in saving a local football club and Scottish institution, achieving more than many of us could dream of. 

I'm sure he would be pleased to hear you give him some credit . 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Are you getting him mixed up with Ian Blackford by any chance? Now there is a man who embarrasses Scotland on a daily basis.

The Mighty Thor

I see wee Doogz is wibbling some pish about boycotting a referendum? 😂

Poor lad. Doesn't know if his arse is counter sunk or punch bored. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Yet another SNP success story. Its just one after another .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61942317

Absolute desperation from the tories and Labour. They fear sturgeon and blackford. They know they cant deal with them politically. 

Pot, kettle, black for the tories and Labour to come out complaining about the snp’s handling of this. Both parties have supported party members even once they’ve been found guilty! The alleged victim has made no complaint as of yet. The complaint has come from a third party. Not for one minute am I saying the guy is innocent but he has to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. 

Edited by jamboy1982

Lord Montpelier
5 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Absolute desperation from the tories and Labour. They fear sturgeon and blackford. They know they cant deal with them politically. 

Pot, kettle, black for the tories and Labour to come out complaining about the snp’s handling of this. Both parties have supported party members even once they’ve been found guilty! The alleged victim has made no complaint as of yet. The complaint has come from a third party. Not for one minute am I saying the guy is innocent but he has to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. 

An interesting take on this issue, for sure.

"Alleged" victim ? What on earth does that mean. You've started to dig a hole here, please keep going for my amusement. 

Roxy Hearts
28 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You will recall and give praise I'm sure then to the fantastic leadership Mr Murray and others showed when someone had to step up and constitute FoH. Chairman as I remember. What a guy, played a massive role in saving a local football club and Scottish institution, achieving more than many of us could dream of. 

I'm sure he would be pleased to hear you give him some credit . 

There are a lot of Hearts fans and others who deserve credit including him. It still doesn't change my thoughts. I'm sure you can understand that in this wonderful, freethinking democracy!

Roxy Hearts
26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Are you getting him mixed up with Ian Blackford by any chance? Now there is a man who embarrasses Scotland on a daily basis.

Most definitely not! He's more amusing than Murray that's for sure! 

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

If only Nicola had acted as you suggest with wee Alec.

Blackford is a liability, which as a Hibs supporter, is entirely as expected.

Lord Montpelier
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

There are a lot of Hearts fans and others who deserve credit including him. It still doesn't change my thoughts. I'm sure you can understand that in this wonderful, freethinking democracy!

There we go. Finally , some credit from you for his outstanding contribution. 

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Blackford is a Grade A gammon blowhard, that's for sure. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Amusing is an interesting description for sure. Not sure there's much amusing about his behaviour. Bit of double standards being applied.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Nice one - rather than targeting my truth bullets in only narrow bursts on only the one thread, the ban has allowed me to spread them across multiple topics. The rest of the board has you to thank for that, Vinnie.

Truth Bullets = Bullshit Blanks.