Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

😂 I asked for that!

That goal wasn't happening without the assist, well played ;)

Lord Montpelier
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It is 

1026A447-49AB-4219-BE6B-B3063A82BC76.jpeg

I suspect she's starting to think of herself in the current climate as a Joan of Arc / Boudicca type of leader. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I suspect she's starting to think of herself in the current climate as a Joan of Arc / Boudicca type of leader. 

She’s off her rocker now . She better hope she isn’t like either of them . Both had very bad endings . 😎she’s more of a tartan Tory Thatcher really 

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

She’s off her rocker now . She better hope she isn’t like either of them . Both had very bad endings . 😎she’s more of a tartan Tory Thatcher really 

I do see the Thatcher similarities in a two sides of the same coin sort of way.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

:cornette:  way out her depth 

Honestly she made a real fool of herself with this comment . What’s even more worrying that it was not reported on either STV news at 6 or bbc either . It was quickly buried as she must have known it was a major faux pas . I thought we lived in an open transparent democracy ? 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

I touched on this yesterday, she is well worth the minimum alcohol  pricing and extra tax. 

More deflection incoming from the nationalists. Something about gammon, house jocks and Boris. 😂

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

She has a track record of massive under delivery. Apart from baby boxes, they were OK tbf 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I touched on this yesterday, she is well worth the minimum alcohol  pricing and extra tax. 

More deflection incoming from the nationalists. Something about gammon, house jocks and Boris. 😂

It’s. Westminsters fault we are nation of alkies and drug users ! I’d say it’s caused by lack of aspiration and sense of hopelessness some people have due to the various dependency culture policies and “ freebies” from her and the SG. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

She has a track record of massive under delivery. Apart from baby boxes, they were OK tbf 

Well perhaps they should have been means tested really ? 

coconut doug
32 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I just think it’s a poor analogy and it’s offensive to compare the two. Scottish people aren’t currently a persecuted minority in any way, shape or form that remotely compares to the persecution of black people. 

You are claiming that Scottish people are not currently being persecuted in any compararable way to black people.

Who is currently persecuting the blacks?

6 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You are claiming that Scottish people are not currently being persecuted in any compararable way to black people.

He didn’t say currently so another swing and miss from coconut. 😂

coconut doug
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

He didn’t say currently so another swing and miss from coconut. 😂

Are you sure about that? Here's his quote - "I just think it’s a poor analogy and it’s offensive to compare the two. Scottish people aren’t currently a persecuted minority in any way, shape or form that remotely compares to the persecution of black people." 

Just now, coconut doug said:

Are you sure about that? Here's his quote - "I just think it’s a poor analogy and it’s offensive to compare the two. Scottish people aren’t currently a persecuted minority in any way, shape or form that remotely compares to the persecution of black people." 

He didn’t say black people were currently being persecuted. It really shouldn’t need to be explained. 

Jeffros Furios
11 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Your Russian mates are killing Ukranians .

Or is only Nazi Ukianians? 

Happy with the last 14 days Doug ?  

coconut doug
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

He didn’t say black people were currently being persecuted. It really shouldn’t need to be explained. 

O.k. So black people are not being persecuted currently and neither are Scots. 

What then is the point of his comment since it is easy enough to demonstrate that blacks and Scots have been persecuted in the past. Are you and he saying that we have no right to compare the two?

I wonder if Alex thinks blacks are not being persecuted today because he certainly implied as much in his post. 

jack D and coke
43 minutes ago, Dazo said:

What about the fuss people made when this minimum pricing was introduced? People demanding their £3 bottles of party juice to get wasted on? Even Tory politicians complained about it then they have a go at nobody tackling the issue of Scotland and booze?! Look at the fuss about boozers during lockdown? Scotlands problem with booze is tattoed into our psyche. I’m a binge drinker myself and it’s been bred into me that I needed to learn to bevvy. Uncles, cousins, mates etc etc. It’s going to take an enormous shift in thinking and policy before it even moves a single iota on the dial. Anything else is just blindly refusing to look facts in the face. 
We’re not in the same ballpark as we were in 1971 either when the current drug policy was introduced. Quite how you tackle these things I have no idea but it’s going to take decades to change.

As usual though asking for devolved drug policy is seen as blaming WM. Lack of aspiration and handouts from the troll there well that’s just horseshit and he knows it :lol: 
You have to ask why they won’t let certain areas of the country wiggle room to use different ideas and policy to attempt change. 

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

O.k. So black people are not being persecuted currently and neither are Scots. 

What then is the point of his comment since it is easy enough to demonstrate that blacks and Scots have been persecuted in the past. Are you and he saying that we have no right to compare the two?

I wonder if Alex thinks blacks are not being persecuted today because he certainly implied as much in his post. 

It’s really quite straightforward. It was a phrase used to describe certain black people at a time when black people were being persecuted. It’s now being used to describe certain Scottish people at a time when Scottish people aren’t being persecuted. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, jambomjm74 said:

So do you really see a point where SNP are not in power in the next 10 years.. so in power for 20 years+.

With polls at best tied but support at never below 45% .. means we are entrenched in a neverendum and one party one policy rule. 

I do think there could come a point in the next ten years, depending on how the UK is run, where, after another ref defeat, which is very possible, the balance of power would be such as to have a more broad based coalition.

The obvious stumbling block would be, out of the three bigger parties, only one would have Indy as a major policy.

It begs the question, how would the Nats proceed with their major policy after two defeats in refs, if that's what transpires ?

Would they ever concede it ain't happening ?

I very much doubt that, which means, possibly, a bigger swing to Labour and the Tories. 

Now, the potential shitshow of the Nats with, say 40 seats, Labour with 30 and the Tories with 30, with the rest going to the greens and Lib Dems, would create havoc.

The only scenario I could see would be the Lib Dems joining with the Greens to form a government with the Nats.  

OR, they keeping winning Elections and going for referendums in perpetuity !

😂

19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

What about the fuss people made when this minimum pricing was introduced? People demanding their £3 bottles of party juice to get wasted on? Even Tory politicians complained about it then they have a go at nobody tackling the issue of Scotland and booze?! Look at the fuss about boozers during lockdown? Scotlands problem with booze is tattoed into our psyche. I’m a binge drinker myself and it’s been bred into me that I needed to learn to bevvy. Uncles, cousins, mates etc etc. It’s going to take an enormous shift in thinking and policy before it even moves a single iota on the dial. Anything else is just blindly refusing to look facts in the face. 
We’re not in the same ballpark as we were in 1971 either when the current drug policy was introduced. Quite how you tackle these things I have no idea but it’s going to take decades to change.

As usual though asking for devolved drug policy is seen as blaming WM. Lack of aspiration and handouts from the troll there well that’s just horseshit and he knows it :lol: 
You have to ask why they won’t let certain areas of the country wiggle room to use different ideas and policy to attempt change. 

You have confidence a devolved drug policy would make a difference ? What are you basing that on giving the SNP’s record on just about everything ? 😂

Minimum pricing and extra tax has appeared to make not a single thing better for Scotland. If they are going to be so bad at running the country I’d rather my tax and alcohol purchases where slightly cheaper thanks. 

coconut doug
20 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s really quite straightforward. It was a phrase used to describe certain black people at a time when black people were being persecuted. It’s now being used to describe certain Scottish people at a time when Scottish people aren’t being persecuted. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I see, so in order to use the term House Jock it is imperative that Scottish people are being persecuted. You don't think the term relates to an attitude of mind that belittles our potential emancipation. I always thought that the original term expressed just such a sentiment with black slaves, am i wrong?

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You have confidence a devolved drug policy would make a difference ? What are you basing that on giving the SNP’s record on just about everything ? 😂

Minimum pricing and extra tax has appeared to make not a single thing better for Scotland. If they are going to be so bad at running the country I’d rather my tax and alcohol purchases where slightly cheaper thanks. 

I think they should be allowed to try suggest tactics to deal with it yeah. They done a good job with the knife crime. It might not work immediately but do you agree the drug issues are different now from when the laws were introduced in 1971? It’s not even the same planet now. 
I don’t agree everything they do is bad. They get some right and some wrong but that’s by the by.
We can agree we all like cheap booze 🤪😋

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think they should be allowed to try suggest tactics to deal with it yeah. They done a good job with the knife crime. It might not work immediately but do you agree the drug issues are different now from when the laws were introduced in 1971? It’s not even the same planet now. 
I don’t agree everything they do is bad. They get some right and some wrong but that’s by the by.
We can agree we all like cheap booze 🤪😋

To be fair the mrs has expensive tastes so the pricing didn’t regally impact us. 😂

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I see, so in order to use the term House Jock it is imperative that Scottish people are being persecuted. You don't think the term relates to an attitude of mind that belittles our potential emancipation. I always thought that the original term expressed just such a sentiment with black slaves, am i wrong?

Emancipation? Jesus! 😳 

While I’m frustrated at being ruled by a government in WM we never voted for we’re a million miles from being emancipated and it’s an insult to groups who have been genuinely emancipated to even use that word imo.

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

To be fair the mrs has expensive tastes so the pricing didn’t regally impact us. 😂

:lol: It was more aimed at the sort of £3 for 2 litre bottles of pure dynamite that are a blight on some estates. Trying to raise the price of the wreck the hoose juice. 
I didn’t notice it much at all. Couple of quid on a bottle of spirits or a whatever I think was the worst. 
I don’t know what you do with Scotlands relationship with drink especially. I’ve seen it first hand too when my ex’s dad actually drank himself to death. He was a big man, a proper grafter and hard as nails and it destroyed him. Sad stuff to see. 

coconut doug
26 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Emancipation? Jesus! 😳 

While I’m frustrated at being ruled by a government in WM we never voted for we’re a million miles from being emancipated and it’s an insult to groups who have been genuinely emancipated to even use that word imo.

I'm totally lost with this. Who am i insulting now and how?

43 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: It was more aimed at the sort of £3 for 2 litre bottles of pure dynamite that are a blight on some estates. Trying to raise the price of the wreck the hoose juice. 
I didn’t notice it much at all. Couple of quid on a bottle of spirits or a whatever I think was the worst. 
I don’t know what you do with Scotlands relationship with drink especially. I’ve seen it first hand too when my ex’s dad actually drank himself to death. He was a big man, a proper grafter and hard as nails and it destroyed him. Sad stuff to see. 

Yep, thank **** I’m no longer 15 dread to think what the carry out up there park would cost. 😂

Ex’s mother was the same, shocking to see really especially the last few days in hospital. Are things any better for the extra cost to us ? Doesn’t look like it. 

58 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Emancipation? Jesus! 😳 

The definition of emancipation includes..” being set free from...political restrictions...! “

It's not an insult to anyone e as far as I can see.

I assume that was what Doug was referring to.

lost in space
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

It is 

I notice that we have a Foreign Minister. Not just a Minister who is actually foreign. I understand a Tourism Minister etc but what does the Foreign Minister do? Does he travel to all of the Scottish Embassies?

Almost as daft as when we had a Brexit Minister.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I notice that we have a Foreign Minister. Not just a Minister who is actually foreign. I understand a Tourism Minister etc but what does the Foreign Minister do? Does he travel to all of the Scottish Embassies?

We should get rid and get a proper government eh?

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Scottish embassies another stoatir

they love to waste our higher rate taxes 

I got rat arsed in the Scottish embassy in Gibraltar the day Fuller scored that goal against Motherwell

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Waste of taxpayers money , yet again . It’s the pretendy thing yet again 

42 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Waste of taxpayers money , yet again . It’s the pretendy thing yet again 

A Westminster supporting unionist should NEVER EVER say the words "waste of taxpayers money"!!!

EVER!

Spitonastranger
25 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

A Westminster supporting unionist should NEVER EVER say the words "waste of taxpayers money"!!!

EVER!

👍

coconut doug
2 hours ago, Boab said:

The definition of emancipation includes..” being set free from...political restrictions...! “

It's not an insult to anyone e as far as I can see.

I assume that was what Doug was referring to.

Yes, of course it was.

lost in space
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

I'd be all for that. A one-off, winner takes all, close Holyrood or full independence. Devolution has cost billions of pounds and has, in my view, created more division than ever before.

To be "fair" to SNP - they intended to create division; and anti-English feeling for the hard of thinking.

So they have had one success.

Japan Jambo
7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

It is 

should stick to the job she has - how about enforcing no-shooting up zones?

The SNP nip my nut.

The mandate they've been given through democracy is enough to warrant a referendum.

At least.

But they are poor.

Been in government too long and have not only ran out of ideas but rely on negative politics and have not performed in any recognised measure on their core manifesto promises.

However given the thiefdom currently In westminster they are at least somewhat decent.

I've read on here now is not the right time etc.

What a load of shite.

There will always be world issues and likely viruses like covid will be around.

However a Tory government that has openly fleeced the country and bare faced lied together with a political map of Scotland that's flying the colours of theeeee party of Independence an angry majority on Brexit and still the SNP wont force the issue.

Wont address the economic argument(which is there to be won)

They're just really poor.

When I hear their ministers its shit.

There is some posters on here who could do better.

And I'm afraid the First Minister made a rip roaring @&%$ of herself trying to give it on the no fly zone.

What a beamer that was .

Time for her gang to go.

SNP needs to sort itself out because if it doesnt we will still be part of a union which will not serve us properly.

The Mighty Thor
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

If they are indeed living in your head, one can safely assume that some dodgy Russian money is paying any rent... 😜 

One post among many re Sturgeon's dress, fair enough, but there are plenty on other threads that discuss BoJo the Clown's carefully constructed dishevelled appearance, so that kind of negates the claim. Sadly, physical appearance will always tend to come into it when discussing those in the public eye.

And, re your last paragraph, I hope that's not an admission of trolling? :) 

I wish mate. I'll shill for anyone's buck/rouble.

Never mind Sturgeon's appearance. The misogyny is absolutely reeking from the halfwit. 

Me? Trolling? With my reputation ☹️

The Mighty Thor
10 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

I’ve never used it and had always wondered where it came from. 👍🏻

Anyone who uses that term, and knows it’s origin, is a moron imo.

It is what it is.

Guilty as charged m'lud.

However when you're dealing with arseholes and misogynistic you've got to  get your hands dirty.

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I think that's lazy, TBF. Sturgeon is a strong-willed woman, and fair play to her for having entered - at the time - a man's world. But that doesn't mean she is immune from criticism and, FWIW, I don't think a lot of it is misogyny. I think it's just that folk pinnae like a) what she stands for and b) the way she conducts her business. Even if she had a massive tartan tadger dangling between her hairy legs, I doubt that would be much different.

We'll agree to disagree. 

She's not immune to criticism from me. Some of the policy decisions are pish. Often lacking in common sense. 

I'm afraid a lot of the shite she gets on here is driven by the fact that she's a woman. It's as simple as that. 

That she rustlescthr jimmies of many on here is all gold for me.

A strong woman doesn't threaten me in the slightest. 

Lord Montpelier
18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I think that's lazy, TBF. Sturgeon is a strong-willed woman, and fair play to her for having entered - at the time - a man's world. But that doesn't mean she is immune from criticism and, FWIW, I don't think a lot of it is misogyny. I think it's just that folk pinnae like a) what she stands for and b) the way she conducts her business. Even if she had a massive tartan tadger dangling between her hairy legs, I doubt that would be much different.

I just think she's awful at what she does and divisive in the way she does it. And so do plenty women I know.