The rise and fall of The SNP.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The analogy to black slavery in the USA that continues to be used by those of an indy persuasion is as offensive as it is self-defeating.

Not surprised it continues to be allowed on here given the warning I received several months ago for mild criticism of Ms Sturgeon.

Oh look, Jonesy is busying himself calling the lefties racists again. 

Just the lefties, mind. 😉

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Oh look, Jonesy is busying himself calling the lefties racists again. 

Just the lefties, mind. 😉

A veritable one man crusade against something that is not even remotely racist. 

Horse on 👍

The Mighty Thor

Here we go. Another 2-3 pages of Jonesy trying to derail the discussion to prove a point he's spectacularly missing by means of wild false equivalence.

:fonzie:

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

A veritable one man crusade against something that is not even remotely racist. 

Horse on 👍

He's either a fruitcake or a fraud and I'm starting to think that he ain't no fruitcake. 😊

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps not intentionally so, TMT, but a warning siren for those of us who remain on the fence in the independence debate. Would hate for my kids to end up having to leave a Liberia-style failed state if the standard of discourse reflects the potential for future disharmony in a Scotland unleashed from the shackles of London rule.

I'm not sure that you come across as 'remaining on the fence' as much as you think you do Jonesy. 😁

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps not intentionally so, TMT, but a warning siren for those of us who remain on the fence in the independence debate. Would hate for my kids to end up having to leave a Liberia-style failed state if the standard of discourse reflects the potential for future disharmony in a Scotland unleashed from the shackles of London rule.

I see this failed state thing crop up quite often so i suppose it's worth the question;

Just how many of the former British colonies or dependencies have gone on the be 'failed states' after their independence from the empire? 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/scottish-independence-polling-pro-independence-surge-with-clear-yes-lead-in-new-indyref2-poll-3478234

Polls are only as representative as the body behind them want to be.

But this is good news before the official campaign had even started. I'm sure Indy was polling at less than 20% last time as the campaigns kicked off.

Looking like a landslide for the Yes vote.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

No idea. But if you're going to launch 19th century terms into the discussion, I'm going to lob back similarly anachronistic references. Liberia failed because of the superiority complex of the freed slaves and their disdain for all other inhabitants of the land. Could a 51/49 yes result end up in Civil War? Unlikely. Will there be ramifications for those not deemed 'Scots' enough in the event of independence? Possibly.

That's a hell of a leap from what in reality is a bit of banter between followers of the same football club on an internet message board. 

Just saying.

How do I make a poll on here?

The questions is : Should Scotland become an independent country?

Answers can be either : Yes or No

Also, is there a way to block comments underneath the poll as I think we could all do without the confrontation.

😁👍

FTH

30 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/scottish-independence-polling-pro-independence-surge-with-clear-yes-lead-in-new-indyref2-poll-3478234

But this is good news before the official campaign had even started. I'm sure Indy was polling at less than 20% last time as the campaigns kicked off.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Always take these polls with a pinch of salt. They usually just depend on what’s happening at the current time. Consistent patterns over a period of time are more reflective.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Look, Nic. Alex showed you how to do it, but I don't think Boris will be as accommodating as David was. Have you considered a UDI followed by legging it to Belgium? 

I just want to make a poll on JKB😭

Do you know how to Jonesy??

Predictive text changes your name to honest. So that means if you know, you have to tell me....

3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Always take these polls with a pinch of salt. They usually just depend on what’s happening at the current time. Consistent patterns over a period of time are more reflective.

Yeah, polls have a 3% +/- margin of error. What recent polls or polls in the last two years suggest it's pretty even. 

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I made a Pole once. Some bonnie lassie from over there who was taking in a Hearts v St Johnstone match.

Thankfully the paternity trackers in Warsaw never found me.

Could show you how I made that one, but think the Mods might take a dim view of such content.

PM me bud👍🍆

1 hour ago, Longbaws said:

Predictive text changes your name to honest. So that means if you know, you have to tell me....

You start a new topic then click on “Content”👇🏻

6640A2F0-9484-4F4F-8120-2C860A42FFBB.jpeg.f523f6f899b312a57662f58cf4134438.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

You start a new topic then click on “Content”👇🏻

6640A2F0-9484-4F4F-8120-2C860A42FFBB.jpeg.f523f6f899b312a57662f58cf4134438.jpeg

😭😭😭

Thanks for showing me👍 but I can't see where the content bit is, despite your clearly illustrated instructions.

User issues I believe.

Feel free to start the poll, if you like.

Don't forget to tell the ******* ***** ***** on here not to comment under it👍

Maybe let them know the result isn't binding and will have a very minimal impact on the UK constitution 👍👍

The bromance is strong with this one. 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Sure. I do realise that most of this thread is either an indy or unionist circle jerk with the occasional bit of gaslighting thrown in to keep it fresh.

However, I'm pretty sure a fair proportion of the folk who indulge in the thread also agreed that 'words have consequences' (when talking about the likes of Trump). So while the intelligentsia and banter merchants of KB are sound, there are others for whom the use of racially-derived insults might grow arms and legs.

Where is ri Alban these days, anyway? He loved a bit of Hoose Jockery.

Unquestionably words have consequences. Those consequences tend to arrive when the less cerebral run out of words. 

We've seen it already in the pro/anti independence world, in fact on referendum night, when the victorious Unionist types found a unique way of celebrating the retention of the union by beating the living shit out the SNP supporters in George Square. Batter together if you like. 

Mind you I personally feel that these types are more pre-disposed to a sleeves-up method of debate, it is after all the British way and many counties could attest to Britain's unique brand of diplomacy. 

😭😭😭

Thanks for showing me👍 but I can't see where the content bit is, despite your clearly illustrated instructions.

User issues I believe.

Feel free to start the poll, if you like.

Don't forget to tell the ******* ***** ***** on here not to comment under it👍

Maybe let them know the result isn't binding and will have a very minimal impact on the UK constitution 👍👍

Are you a paid member?

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Are you a paid member?

No I'm not, it would be great if someone that is started the poll 👍

I say great, it might be total carnage.

Only interested in the result really👍👍

6 hours ago, jonesy said:

Voted yes last time (although that may have been heavily influenced by mainly reading about it in Catalan newspapers!) although less sure for next time as I've been listening more to the debate from the pro-yes folks (on here, talking to folk in pubs and on the train, and with mates). Have lost a bit of faith in the reasons behind the push for independence, TBH.

Same situation as me. Yes need to convince me to vote Yes again. 

5 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Yes the only poll which matters is on the day. I recall the polls were very tight at the last vote and me and others were confident it was going to be a yes. Made the massive error of just reading Pro Indy media and not paying much attention to the no campaign and the silent majority of the No voters who said nothing much but said enough at the box. 

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Sure. I do realise that most of this thread is either an indy or unionist circle jerk with the occasional bit of gaslighting thrown in to keep it fresh.

However, I'm pretty sure a fair proportion of the folk who indulge in the thread also agreed that 'words have consequences' (when talking about the likes of Trump). So while the intelligentsia and banter merchants of KB are sound, there are others for whom the use of racially-derived insults might grow arms and legs.

Where is ri Alban these days, anyway? He loved a bit of Hoose Jockery.

No comment regarding your query. 

5 hours ago, Longbaws said:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Well with a little gerrymandering to exclude the diaspora and letting everyone over 16 have a vote it may well get over the line. There again I'll wager Boris says 'no thanks' and it doesn't get off the starting line.

Not sure how the numbers will stack up in the heat of battle mind; when anyone that brokers any alternative view to the sunny uplands of a tartan caliphate they are immediately rounded upon, insulted and accused of being a traitor. Pollsters may find yet again that folks haud their wheest and lie low under those conditions.

All that aside, given such overwhelming demand why doesn't she just set a date? 🙂 

27 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

No I'm not, it would be great if someone that is started the poll 👍

I say great, it might be total carnage.

Only interested in the result really👍👍

I’m happy to do it. You want it to be anonymous and comments closed?

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

All that aside, given such overwhelming demand why doesn't she just set a date? 🙂 

No idea. Seems bizarre that she doesn’t just set a date right now. Why the uncertainty?

Coronavirus-CDC-645x645.jpg

:cornette:

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

No idea. Seems bizarre that she doesn’t just set a date right now. Why the uncertainty?

Coronavirus-CDC-645x645.jpg

:cornette:

Common Alex we both know that's just a convenience for when the poll numbers didn't suit - she's going to have to learn to walk and chew gum at the same time somewhere down the line.

6 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I’m happy to do it. You want it to be anonymous and comments closed?

Nice one😎👌

Yes that's sounds ideal👍

Konrad von Carstein
17 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Huzzah!! The pandemic is over...

Oh. Wait. 🙄

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

9 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Common Alex we both know that's just a convenience for when the poll numbers didn't suit - she's going to have to learn to walk and chew gum at the same time somewhere down the line.

She promised repeatedly before the last election to focus on Covid and then the referendum. Why on earth would she go back on her word? Of all the sticks to try and beat her with :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Nice one😎👌

Yes that's sounds ideal👍

Done 👍🏻 Can’t turn comments off but have made anonymous

Edited by Alex Kintner

I know we just had an election with another SNP landslide, but the polling continues.

New Scottish Parliament poll, Ipsos MORI 22 - 29 Nov (changes vs 2021 Election):

Regional List:
SNP ~ 43% (+3)
Con ~ 20% (-3)
Lab ~ 15% (-3)
Green ~ 12% (+4)
LD ~ 6% (+1)
Alba ~ 1% (-1)

Constituency:
SNP ~ 52% (+4)
Con ~ 19% (-3)
Lab ~ 17% (-5)
LD ~ 5% (-2)
Green ~ 3% (+2)

Projecting Ipsos MORI 22 - 29 Nov into seats (changes vs 2021 Election):

SNP ~ 68 (+4)
Conservative ~ 24 (-7)
Labour ~ 18 (-4)
Green ~ 14 (+6)
Lib Dem ~ 5 (+1)

:interehjrling:

31 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Well with a little gerrymandering to exclude the diaspora and letting everyone over 16 have a vote it may well get over the line. There again I'll wager Boris says 'no thanks' and it doesn't get off the starting line.

Not sure how the numbers will stack up in the heat of battle mind; when anyone that brokers any alternative view to the sunny uplands of a tartan caliphate they are immediately rounded upon, insulted and accused of being a traitor. Pollsters may find yet again that folks haud their wheest and lie low under those conditions.

Nail on the head about people( no voters) being quiet about their voting intentions. I think this may happen even more at the next Indy ref as the campaign will be even more ferocious than the last one ( from both sides i may add) 

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Nail on the head about people( no voters) being quiet about their voting intentions. I think this may happen even more at the next Indy ref as the campaign will be even more ferocious than the last one ( from both sides i may add) 

On the evidence of this and similar threads, I'd suggest you're both talking wee-wee...

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

On the evidence of this and similar threads, I'd suggest you're both talking wee-wee...

dont shoot the messenger sann 

tumblr_n0bkqkyHgt1tnjcyto1_500.gif

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Cade said:

I know we just had an election with another SNP landslide, but the polling continues.

New Scottish Parliament poll, Ipsos MORI 22 - 29 Nov (changes vs 2021 Election):

Regional List:
SNP ~ 43% (+3)
Con ~ 20% (-3)
Lab ~ 15% (-3)
Green ~ 12% (+4)
LD ~ 6% (+1)
Alba ~ 1% (-1)

Constituency:
SNP ~ 52% (+4)
Con ~ 19% (-3)
Lab ~ 17% (-5)
LD ~ 5% (-2)
Green ~ 3% (+2)

Projecting Ipsos MORI 22 - 29 Nov into seats (changes vs 2021 Election):

SNP ~ 68 (+4)
Conservative ~ 24 (-7)
Labour ~ 18 (-4)
Green ~ 14 (+6)
Lib Dem ~ 5 (+1)

:interehjrling:

Goodness me. Increases for Sturgeon and the Greens whilst the branch office parties are sinking? 

🤔

14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Okay, you can join in. Given your username we’d hardly notice your inclusion. 

:clap:

Recognition at last. 

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Maybes aye, maybes no. Not sure that a very small subset of the JKB community proves anything, save that I do observe that it's the same 20 or so folk that post and not hundreds. Either way if it is granted that'll be the only number that counts for anything 🙂 

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Maybes aye, maybes no. Not sure that a very small subset of the JKB community proves anything, save that I do observe that it's the same 20 or so folk that post and not hundreds. Either way if it is granted that'll be the only number that counts for anything 🙂 

A lot of truth in what you say JJ especially the bit in bold...

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I'd have thought he'd be able to count to four given that he has somewhere between 5 & 7 kids to answer for...

I think 4 is the number of different mothers

Malinga the Swinga

I see they have announced Councils free to increase council tax and that tax rates not changing.

With inflation charging ahead, looks like those who are hard working and employed can look forward to being worse off.

Meanwhile we are squandering a couple of billion on 'green' activities, even when we can't afford them.

Oh, and cancel your Christmas party because, well because it's Scotland and chief mammy ****ing hates people being happy.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I see they have announced Councils free to increase council tax and that tax rates not changing.

With inflation charging ahead, looks like those who are hard working and employed can look forward to being worse off.

Meanwhile we are squandering a couple of billion on 'green' activities, even when we can't afford them.

Oh, and cancel your Christmas party because, well because it's Scotland and chief mammy ****ing hates people being happy.

Public Health Scotland made the request, not the Scottish Government or the Chief Mammy...unbunch your Y's... :) 

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Public Health Scotland made the request, not the Scottish Government or the Chief Mammy...unbunch your Y's... :) 

:illogical:

Malinga the Swinga
41 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Presume your ignoring main point where abandoned council tax freeze and refusing to raise tax borders means hard working folk will be worse off as inflation takes off.

You honestly think PHS would make statement without running it past their govt controllers who they are accountable to?

They're just preparing ground for NS tomorrow. 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

I thought they had pledged to abolish the council tax a while back?

Now they have given them carte blanche to fleece us to paint rainbows everywhere and cone off roads for ignored cycle lanes on roads that resemble dirt track's in the back of beyond never mind a capital city.