• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

54 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

If I was to come saying it’s quite astonishing it would be because I had it in my head. Not a copy and paste job. 
James is one of the most prominent posters ( and a silly one at that) on the board these days and posts on a whole range of subjects he clearly knows absolutely nothing about. 
There’s only one poster worse imo, an absolute know it all. I won’t name him I’ll let you guess. 

Poster number one asks poster number 2  about the “  astonishing “ list of SNP failures ?  poster number 2  duly provides this list . Poster number 1 goes apeshit and lashes out , making groundless unproven claims about poster 2 . Dearie me . I can’t wait for the Indy 2 thread when it starts up

in 2030 ! 

2F08D048-0922-47A4-A9B7-A59EBA185170.gif

3ACAC7E3-FC0D-4A7C-8AD1-D7F658673A2C.gif

F254B9F4-B8E5-419E-B814-B5295FF3FD28.gif

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah and I couldn’t find pages of the British govt, I’d be here all ****ing day! James said it’s astonishing like he was going to reel it off the top of his head when we all knew what he was going to do. 
It’s about as astonishing as you agreeing🤪 

Look! There's the messenger! Fire!

Absolute bonkers, book-burning mentality.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

If I was to come saying it’s quite astonishing it would be because I had it in my head. Not a copy and paste job. 
James is one of the most prominent posters ( and a silly one at that) on the board these days and posts on a whole range of subjects he clearly knows absolutely nothing about. 
There’s only one poster worse imo, an absolute know it all. I won’t name him I’ll let you guess. 

I suppose getting called “ silly “ is less harmful than being called a “ vile creature “ from another poster last night . See that’s what I like about me I always see the sunny side in every situation ! 😎I’m resilient I’ll say that ! This forum has been a testament to that ! 

1B171F42-A65D-4621-8A5B-47A88C582A14.gif

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I prefer Fun Smithee. Pedantic Smithee is a bore. Be Fun Smithee again.

It's not at all pedantic, you just compared the boy's vote to preferring stripes.

36 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Isn't it?

Of course not

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

He said he voted SNP because he didn't like the other parties. That's like bagging off with the fat ugly bird 'cos everyone else has already left the bash or picking a football team based on not liking the colours of the other ones.

Later, after your post, he went on to expand and justify his decision a bit more.

MSFA

Make Smithee Fun Again.

It's nothing like that, it's what people across the world do when voting, make the least worst choice. It was a poor analogy, the guy's clearly put a bit more thought into it than that

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

In a hypothetical situation, if there were an independent Scottish Labour Party, and their policies aligned with your values and shared your vision of governance, would you still not vote for them?

No!

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It's nothing like that, it's what people across the world do when voting, make the least worst choice. It was a poor analogy, the guy's clearly put a bit more thought into it than that

Absolutely Smithee. Know all unionists actually know f all. I used to vote Labour as I thought they stood for the common good but they've just turned out as a bunch of self serving disciples of Westminster rule. 

I chose the SNP when I realised Thatcher was destroying the fabric of the UK and thought it best to govern ourselves. Westminster to me is no lover of Scots.

53 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Westminster to me is no lover of Scots.

Do you need another reminder on the billions they subsidise your failed snp with? 

15 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Do you need another reminder on the billions they subsidise your failed snp with? 

Point has been made but fair play to him he is voting with his heart and someone else's wallet :) 

The Mighty Thor
45 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

tell us about GERS again. That's my favourite one.

Gene_Wilder_as_Willy_Wonka.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Point has been made but fair play to him he is voting with his heart and someone else's wallet :) 

The only honest thing about him will be the poverty he'll experience if his heart gets its way. I bet he beats me to the border on the way out once the penny drops. He'll have it floored on the M74 hard shoulder with Mrs Roxy shouting faster wee man.

33 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The only honest thing about him will be the poverty he'll experience if his heart gets its way. I bet he beats me to the border on the way out once the penny drops. He'll have it floored on the M74 hard shoulder with Mrs Roxy shouting faster wee man.

🤣👍

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

You mind breaking that down for me also tell me how many billions we send to Westminster. They're 2 trillion in debt!

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Voting with my head. What's my wallet got to do with it? If it cost's me money with self governance then so be it.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

I like England immensely and have family and friends down there in various places. Mrs Roxy voted No last time but maybe Yes next time.

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Poster number one asks poster number 2  about the “  astonishing “ list of SNP failures ?  poster number 2  duly provides this list . Poster number 1 goes apeshit and lashes out , making groundless unproven claims about poster 2 . Dearie me . I can’t wait for the Indy 2 thread when it starts up

in 2030 ! 

2F08D048-0922-47A4-A9B7-A59EBA185170.gif

3ACAC7E3-FC0D-4A7C-8AD1-D7F658673A2C.gif

F254B9F4-B8E5-419E-B814-B5295FF3FD28.gif

E776AEF8-FBE0-4CBF-AAB6-57EF8ED0DD27.jpeg

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Look a little harder for my response dough-ball. 

Apologies, totally missed it. 👍🏻 I did enjoy being called a dough-ball for the first time since primary school so it was worth it 😄

On 24/11/2021 at 12:37, Seymour M Hersh said:

I was expecting something from independent sources not SNP propaganda. I should have known really. So in essence I was correct to be sceptical of your seriousness. 

Admittedly it’s the SNP’s own site however every almost claim is backed with a link to the relevant policy document or consultation paper on the ScotGov website so it’s not like they’re just making spurious claims. There’s probably lots of independent sites with similar info but liked the fact it was set out so coherently and had the relevant policy links.

9 hours ago, pablo said:

It's a funny one for Sturgeon...she's been such a huge figure in Scottish politics for so long, but what's she actually achieved in all this time? There's not going to be any big ticket items in her legacy.

All a bit disappointing. She can't deliver the break up of the UK, her record on devolved matters is poor. Division and a smattering of identity politics is a measly return.

I think Salmond’s one-mindedness about Indy probably stifled pursuit of other key policies and I think Sturgeon has achieved a better balance.

In terms of legacy, the Domestic Abuse bill was groundbreaking on a world scale. It has made such a difference to so many people already and paved the way for other countries to follow.

Seymour M Hersh
40 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Apologies, totally missed it. 👍🏻 I did enjoy being called a dough-ball for the first time since primary school so it was worth it 😄

I doubt that. 

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think you know what I meant. 

I don’t tend to hang about with 8 year olds so I’ve not been called a doughball (or poopyhead or wally) for many a year. Been called much worse though 🤪

23 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Not too shabby after 14 years of failing government.🤷🏻‍♂️

This fall of the snp is sure taking some time. No wonder the op gave up 

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

I think Salmond’s one-mindedness about Indy probably stifled pursuit of other key policies and I think Sturgeon has achieved a better balance.

In terms of legacy, the Domestic Abuse bill was groundbreaking on a world scale. It has made such a difference to so many people already and paved the way for other countries to follow.

Thanks for your reply Alex. I'm going to admit that I'm not aware of the reach of that particular Bill nationally or internationally, but fair play if that's right, such is importance of the subject matter.

However given the power at her disposal, the cast iron grip of both her party and  government, the huge approval ratings and more importantly, the length of her time at the top to make a mark.......

I can't see anything other than the Sturgeon years being judged by History, as an underachievement. 

1 minute ago, pablo said:

Thanks for your reply Alex. I'm going to admit that I'm not aware of the reach of that particular Bill nationally or internationally, but fair play if that's right, such is importance of the subject matter.

However given the power at her disposal, the cast iron grip of both her party and  government, the huge approval ratings and more importantly, the length of her time at the top to make a mark.......

I can't see anything other than the Sturgeon years being judged by History, as an underachievement. 

The Domestic Abuse bill was the first in the world to recognise emotional abuse and coercive control as domestic abuse. Many countries have followed suit.

Other key achievements off the top of my head are the 1140 hours of childcare, the baby box, no tuition fees, free prescriptions and free school meals for p1-3. I’m sure there would be plenty more if I was to look but the thing that makes the above jump into my head is that they make clear, measurable differences to people’s lives, especially those of me and my family.

The Mighty Thor
27 minutes ago, XB52 said:

This fall of the snp is sure taking some time. No wonder the op gave up 

Who was the OP again? 

Tripper?

If so Sturgeon systematically ruined him before Salmond-gate delivered the coup-de-grace. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Who was the OP again? 

Tripper?

If so Sturgeon systematically ruined him before Salmond-gate delivered the coup-de-grace. 

No it was the midnight slaver Zlatanable. 
Tripper’s Salmond thread and general SNP obsessions were also FAF. 
Two of them :lol: 

295FBADE-E7B1-4617-B4F3-C3B37663C882.jpeg

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:jjyay:

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Ah so it was.

The volume of slavering on this thread means they all just blend into one. 

Meanwhile the SNP continue to live rent free in many heads. 

:greggy:

The Real Maroonblood
45 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The poster should've been named Dracula as he/she only came out at night. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The poster should've been named Dracula as he/she only came out at night. 

He'll always be the midnight gobshite to me

16 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

The Domestic Abuse bill was the first in the world to recognise emotional abuse and coercive control as domestic abuse. Many countries have followed suit.

Other key achievements off the top of my head are the 1140 hours of childcare, the baby box, no tuition fees, free prescriptions and free school meals for p1-3. I’m sure there would be plenty more if I was to look but the thing that makes the above jump into my head is that they make clear, measurable differences to people’s lives, especially those of me and my family.

Yeah, that's what I meant. There's little of magnitude in there. It's a poor return when you consider what's she's had at her disposal to make a difference.

Sturgeon doesn't have a smoking ban type achievement. Something that really made a difference. Scotland led and the UK followed. Minimum Unit Pricing of alcohol would probably be the closest, but doesn't match the smoking ban.

She won't be remembered for anything of great significance.

14 minutes ago, pablo said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. There's little of magnitude in there. It's a poor return when you consider what's she's had at her disposal to make a difference.

Sturgeon doesn't have a smoking ban type achievement. Something that really made a difference. Scotland led and the UK followed. Minimum Unit Pricing of alcohol would probably be the closest, but doesn't match the smoking ban.

She won't be remembered for anything of great significance.

Couldn’t disagree more and if you think things like free school meals, 1140 hours of free childcare and no tuition fees won’t “really make a difference” to the prospects of Scottish children then, with respect, you don’t have a clue. 👍🏻

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Couldn’t disagree more and if you think things like free school meals, 1140 hours of free childcare and no tuition fees won’t “really make a difference” to the prospects of Scottish children then, with respect, you don’t have a clue. 👍🏻

I don't think you understand. I'm talking about her legacy, not some random routine stuff you would expect from any administration managing a budget.

So if the Smoking ban is recognised as devolution's greatest achievement. Or up there. What's Sturgeon's one big ticket item of similar stature? Just say it and we'll compare.

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

I don't think you understand. I'm talking about her legacy, not some random routine stuff you would expect from any administration managing a budget.

So if the Smoking ban is recognised as devolution's greatest achievement. Or up there. What's Sturgeon's one big ticket item of similar stature? Just say it and we'll compare.

Mother of the People's Republic of Scotland.

All hail the Eternal Empress!

Just now, Smithee said:

Mother of the People's Republic of Scotland.

All hail the Eternal Empress!

Now that would be an achievement and a legacy worth discussing.

2 minutes ago, pablo said:

Now that would be an achievement and a legacy worth discussing.

I'm not that into her but I suppose some would point at minimum unit pricing for alcohol and the sugar thing

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not that into her but I suppose some would point at minimum unit pricing for alcohol and the sugar thing

Yeah, that's what I suggested in an earlier post too. Slim pickings considering the length of time and power she's had. Ho hum.

Just now, pablo said:

Yeah, that's what I suggested in an earlier post too. Slim pickings considering the length of time and power she's had. Ho hum.

You reckon? Pretty amazing considering the time she's had if you ask me!

Blair - war criminal

Cameron - pig shagging country ****er

May - just a mess

Boris - ...

If that's her legacy she can be proud by comparison.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You reckon? Pretty amazing considering the time she's had if you ask me!

Blair - war criminal

Cameron - pig shagging country ****er

May - just a mess

Boris - ...

If that's her legacy she can be proud by comparison.

She's not the Prime Minister! Her legacy can only be judged against those of other First Ministers since devolution.  So she's up against the smoking ban probably? But has had more power over more time than other....

27 minutes ago, pablo said:

Why does it have to be about one big ticket item? Why can’t it be a series of policies and improvements that improve the life chances of children and young people?

If you’re absolutely insistent one headline-grabbing policy then it would be the Domestic Abuse bill which was the first of its kind in the world to formally recognise emotional abuse and coercive control and children as victims and not witnesses.

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

She's not the Prime Minister! Her legacy can only be judged against those of other First Ministers since devolution.  So she's up against the smoking ban probably? But has had more power over more time than other....

I didn't say she was, but we're talking about political legacies here.

I'll leave you to it, I don't really care tbh.

8 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Why does it have to be about one big ticket item? Why can’t it be a series of policies and improvements that improve the life chances of children and young people?

If you’re absolutely insistent one headline-grabbing policy then it would be the Domestic Abuse bill which was the first of its kind in the world to formally recognise emotional abuse and coercive control and children as victims and not witnesses.

Thanks Alex

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I didn't say she was, but we're talking about political legacies here.

I'll leave you to it, I don't really care tbh.

No problem. 

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

You know why Alex? It's because it's the SNP! Sometimes it's not worth bothering with the Westminster disciples!