The rise and fall of The SNP.

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The Scottish Government are the worst performing administration anywhere in living memory - a dictatorship failing on every crucial aspect for the Scottish people but lauded by Braveheart imbeciles 

:rofl:

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

51 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The Scottish Government are the worst performing administration anywhere in living memory - a dictatorship failing on every crucial aspect for the Scottish people but lauded by Braveheart imbeciles 

SSa8uhe.gif

55 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The voters disagree👍🏻

81127679.jpg

Jeffros Furios

Drug deaths,  poverty, foodbanks , Salmond inquiry etc ..is not delivering a better life for Scots .

The idiots who voted Labour for decades now vote SNP and will she ever deliver a 2nd referendum ?

At least Alba have a plan to gain Independence whilst Sturgeon seems more interested  in power .

She gets an easy ride due to the worst bunch of Tories ever and a hopeless Labour .

13 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Absolutely. Manifesto promises actually being delivered. What a crazy notion! 🤪

So I believe these are the top priorities, how are they coming along?

Top priorities

• Hold a second referendum on Scottish independence
  • Build 100,000 new homes by 2032, with at least 70% of these being for social rent
  • Launch a National Care Service
  • Oppose nuclear weapons
  • Bring ScotRail into public ownership

Jeffros Furios

100s of free meals delivered in Sighthill and Broomhouse which is increasing every year yet the Scot Gov and SNP leading Edin Council are delivering ... absolutely disgusting .

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

100s of free meals delivered in Sighthill and Broomhouse which is increasing every year yet the Scot Gov and SNP leading Edin Council are delivering ... absolutely disgusting .

Edinburgh Clowncil are delivering bicycle lanes.

9 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

So I believe these are the top priorities, how are they coming along?

Top priorities

• Hold a second referendum on Scottish independence
  • Build 100,000 new homes by 2032, with at least 70% of these being for social rent
  • Launch a National Care Service
  • Oppose nuclear weapons
  • Bring ScotRail into public ownership

Six months in I’d probably say progress on longer term manifesto promises would be fairly minimal, especially when attention is rightly focused on the pandemic right now. Saying that the multi-agency steering group has been set up for National Care Service and a consultation launched.

Interesting you chose to not mention the shorter term manifesto commitments they’ve already delivered on in six months:

health (dental charges for young people removed, staff pay rise above inflation, fast track cancer centres opened) the economy (digital business fund, green workforce academy, Young Person guarantee)

That’s only two areas and doesn't even touch upon other manifesto promises delivered already on education, family life and the community.

Having a very young family I’m delighted ScotGov has promised and delivered 1140 hours of free high-quality childcare and was also very grateful to receive the baby boxes. I’m happy ScotGov have such a huge focus on inclusion and equality in education all the way from 3 to 18 and glad my children will be schooled here and not south of the border. 

19 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I suppose the WM government and their forced austerity and cuts have absolutely nothing to do with that 🙄

12 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Murphy was and continues to be an utter welt...

Oh he was and is vile. I recall the day I saw him and Eddie Izzard walking along Princes Street during the Indy campaign. They looked like a comedy double act. Site for sore eyes. 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Its astonishing the amount of failures they have in every area of Governance. 

31 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Drug deaths,  poverty, foodbanks , Salmond inquiry etc ..is not delivering a better life for Scots .

The idiots who voted Labour for decades now vote SNP and will she ever deliver a 2nd referendum ?

At least Alba have a plan to gain Independence whilst Sturgeon seems more interested  in power .

She gets an easy ride due to the worst bunch of Tories ever and a hopeless Labour .

She will keep Covid going as long as she needs to to avoid the Indy 2 question and date. There is no way that the next vote will be a Yes.  No way .  The country is worse is every conceivable way from 2014 so people will rightly just stick with the status quo and put up with the British Govt and their financial bribes . 

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

See when folk trot that line out, AK, it makes them look a wee bit ignorant. :( 

I know,. Its a boring old chesnut since  some  women have been dominating politics for a long time now. Thatcher was the trailblazer so its not something unique.  

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Its astonishing the amount of failures they have in every area of Governance. 

Whilst I agree they’re not on top of everything if it’s an astonishing anount of failures I assume you’ll have a very extensive list you could share? Then we can compare it to say the British govts record? 

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Whilst I agree they’re not on top of everything if it’s an astonishing anount of failures I assume you’ll have a very extensive list you could share? Then we can compare it to say the British govts record? 

Oh im too busy at work just now to list them :) 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh im too busy at work just now to list them :) 

:lol: Well later then pal. I’m looking forward to this astonishing list👍🏼

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

See when folk trot that line out, AK, it makes them look a wee bit ignorant. :( 

I disagree. I see it in my area of work all the time. Some guys just can’t handle a woman being in charge. I suspect some of the abuse towards Ann Budge was also exacerbated by the fact she is a woman. It’s a sad reality but one that’s hopefully getting better.

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Dunno, Al. Seems an easy brush to paint with unless you know the people and their attitudes in general. I don't doubt there is some element of misogyny in some of the comments, but look at the abuse folk dole out to Boris Johnson, Jeremy Corbyn, Donald Trump and Joe Biden or Robbie Neilson, Craig Levein, Wallace Mercer (lots of revisionism on forums like this about how folk felt about him, especially towards the end) and Chris Robinson by way of comparison.

Being a woman shouldn't make people immune from criticism, and criticising a woman shouldn't make people misogynists by default (appreciate that's not as strong a claim that you were making, but it ventures dangerously towards that territory, IMO). :) 

We’re pretty much in agreement. NS would get abuse and criticism regardless, I just feel it is amplified a bit because she’s a woman. If we could traverse the political multiverse where she’s born Nicholas Sturgeon the ire and seethe would be less imo.

By no means should criticism of a woman be misogyny by default. That’s only where the criticism is because they’re a woman. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Absolutely. Manifesto promises actually being delivered. What a crazy notion! 🤪

I'd be interested to see you list the pledges "actually" being delivered. 

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

I suppose the WM government and their forced austerity and cuts have absolutely nothing to do with that 🙄

Which makes the SNP led  council spending millions on cycle lanes even more ridiculous, 

Cycle lanes take priority over people starving  , the money is there spend it where its needed most .

It's a disgrace and you know it .

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Cool.

It possibly is amplified by some knuckle draggers, but then we also live in an age where it's perfectly acceptable - in super-woke academia - to decry how male, pale and stale boards, committees and panels are. There's plenty of officially sanctioned misandry doing the rounds these days :( 

Yep, also agree. I’ve been told a couple of times in my job by women that “I couldn’t possibly understand because I’m a man” 🤷🏻‍♂️

Six months in I’d probably say progress on longer term manifesto promises would be fairly minimal, especially when attention is rightly focused on the pandemic right now. Saying that the multi-agency steering group has been set up for National Care Service and a consultation launched.

Interesting you chose to not mention the shorter term manifesto commitments they’ve already delivered on in six months:

health (dental charges for young people removed, staff pay rise above inflation, fast track cancer centres opened) the economy (digital business fund, green workforce academy, Young Person guarantee)

That’s only two areas and doesn't even touch upon other manifesto promises delivered already on education, family life and the community.

Having a very young family I’m delighted ScotGov has promised and delivered 1140 hours of free high-quality childcare and was also very grateful to receive the baby boxes. I’m happy ScotGov have such a huge focus on inclusion and equality in education all the way from 3 to 18 and glad my children will be schooled here and not south of the border. 

Alex, I'm honestly oblivious to exactly what the SNP manifesto says, I just grabbed something from the BBC website that summarised the priorities. In terms of these though from what I gather ScotRail will be handed back next easter time so tick, she has already come out in favour of exiting Faslane/trident so tick (not sure she can deliver an exit but then again she didn't promise an exit, only that she'd oppose) and she has punted on the referendum till post COVID so let's see. From your comments she has kicked off the National Care stuff so all in all your earlier comment about delivering on manifesto pledges is fair at least for the priorities.

Edited by Japan Jambo

Can always put up taxes locally. If you want to be independent you ought to stop hiding behind them and blaming them for everything. You either believe the electorate are prepared to pay for it or you don't. 

The Mighty Thor
27 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Can always put up taxes locally. If you want to be independent you ought to stop hiding behind them and blaming them for everything. You either believe the electorate are prepared to pay for it or you don't. 

True to a point as there are limited powers of tax raising as some matters are still reserved. 

The only time that one would ever be able to judge properly and fairly is when the Scottish Government (of whichever scarf colour) has control of all the fiscal levers.

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Tackling poverty with one hand behind your back is tougher than having both hands free. Same goes for tackling drugs deaths.

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Tackling poverty with one hand behind your back is tougher than having both hands free. Same goes for tackling drugs deaths.

I have to say the assertion that being the drugs death capital of the world is all WM's fault because they won't provide the drugs and paraphernalia free shows an amazing amount of chutzpah. Are the SNP actually prepared to take responsibility for anything or is it all just someone else's fault?

I don't understand what you mean by one hand tied behind your back either. Scotland already receives more per capita in funding than England, yet has desires to spend way more. The only way the books balance is if it is prepared to fund it or can get tick somewhere. As I already said you have a lever to increase taxes, if you believe that the voters are good with the policies they voted for pull it and stop playing the victim. The quick look at the manifesto I did have suggested it was ram packed with giveaways and very light with regards to who would pay.

The whole politics of envy/my friend will pay schtick is really tiresome. Easy to give stuff away, much, much more difficult to pay for it. 

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

I have to say the assertion that being the drugs death capital of the world is all WM's fault because they won't provide the drugs and paraphernalia free shows an amazing amount of chutzpah. Are the SNP actually prepared to take responsibility for anything or is it all just someone else's fault?

I don't understand what you mean by one hand tied behind your back either. Scotland already receives more per capita in funding than England, yet has desires to spend way more. The only way the books balance is if it is prepared to fund it or can get tick somewhere. As I already said you have a lever to increase taxes, if you believe that the voters are good with the policies they voted for pull it and stop playing the victim. The quick look at the manifesto I did have suggested it was ram packed with giveaways and very light with regards to who would pay.

The whole politics of envy/my friend will pay schtick is really tiresome. Easy to give stuff away, much, much more difficult to pay for it. 

How would you tackle the drugs problem? 

manaliveits105
26 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Krankies to clog up the town on Saturday. Wrap up warm haggis heeds.

Photo at the narrowest part of Royal Mile as usual and the Seville calculator brought out - braw 

36241C85-C956-442A-9E4C-B0B92096F8E1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

How would you tackle the drugs problem? 

Not my circus, not my monkeys. How's about we ask the folks that have been employed to fix this (and other problems) by the people of Scotland for the last 14 years what they think?

I'm pretty sure if I had spent the last 14 years trying to explain to my boss that it was the fault of someone hundreds of miles away I'd have been hunted a long time ago.

7 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Not my circus, not my monkeys. How's about we ask the folks that have been employed to fix this (and other problems) by the people of Scotland for the last 14 years what they think?

I'm pretty sure if I had spent the last 14 years trying to explain to my boss that it was the fault of someone hundreds of miles away I'd have been hunted a long time ago.

Yes the " hands tied behind ones back" is a pretty passive argument.  Show imagination and innovation in tackling the drugs issue. They dont need WM to sanction that.  NO matter what is said. 

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Krankies to clog up the town on Saturday. Wrap up warm haggis heeds.

I have been invited by my Indy pals. I have politely declined . 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I have been invited by my Indy pals. I have politely declined . 

You would have too leave your brain at home, tricky procedure.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

You would have too leave your brain at home, tricky procedure.

Ive been on several pre covid but Im done with all that now. That issue has no passion for me anymore. I couldnt care either way the next vote goes. Im not even on the fence. Im just totally disinterested in it now. 

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes the " hands tied behind ones back" is a pretty passive argument.  Show imagination and innovation in tackling the drugs issue. They dont need WM to sanction that.  NO matter what is said. 

Any chance of this astonishing list pal? 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ive been on several pre covid but Im done with all that now. That issue has no passion for me anymore. I couldnt care either way the next vote goes. Im not even on the fence. Im just totally disinterested in it now. 

I don't want to have to move to Berwick or Carlisle to avoid an s-storm so it's a live issue to me.