The rise and fall of The SNP.

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

But then you’re no better than a Tory voter. Ignore the mistakes but keep voting no matter what. 

Who should I vote for?

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Who should I vote for?

That’s your choice.

The narrative that you’re just bashing the SNP is counterproductive to ever achieving independence. You don’t convince the no voters by being as equally shite a government. 

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

But then you’re no better than a Tory voter. Ignore the mistakes but keep voting no matter what. 

For many (myself included) voting SNP is a means to an end,  I do get exasperated with some of the mistakes,  as you describe them,  but then I see D Ross trying to defend the CC decision when HE was trumpeting "Good news is coming"  while on BBC Good Morning Scotland... And I am content to continue voting SNP 1 and Alba 2 in any future elections.

So no one dare question the SNP and its failings.

You are an Uncle Tam(really grinds my gears that one)

You are a youn

Self hater

No clue about Scotland despite what you are saying being factual

Who else would you vote for

And the absolute best .

They are a means to an end.

They really are not.They are like any admin in power too long .They do anything to protect that.

The hierarchy of the current SNP do not want independence imo.

6 minutes ago, Ked said:

Well I do, and if anyone can point me toward a better option for getting to that destination I'm Andrew ****ing Marr here.

Until then there's only one show in town.

Konrad von Carstein
11 minutes ago, Ked said:

So no one dare question the SNP and its failings.

You are an Uncle Tam(really grinds my gears that one)

You are a youn

Self hater

No clue about Scotland despite what you are saying being factual

Who else would you vote for

And the absolute best .

They are a means to an end.

They really are not.They are like any admin in power too long .They do anything to protect that.

As someone who actually wants Scotland to manage it's own affairs who ****** else should I vote for to achieve that end Einstein?

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Ked said:

I’d tend to agree and as much as I don’t like this lot that are the SNP atm I couldn’t bring myself to vote for the others anymore. 
I doubt I’ll vote SNP again either unless there’s pretty big changes. I’ll likely just go back to not voting at all. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d tend to agree and as much as I don’t like this lot that are the SNP atm I couldn’t bring myself to vote for the others anymore. 
I doubt I’ll vote SNP again either unless there’s pretty big changes. I’ll likely just go back to not voting at all. 

Bollocks you'll get all pissed off by the unionists and rise forth!

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well I do, and if anyone can point me toward a better option for getting to that destination I'm Andrew ****ing Marr here.

Until then there's only one show in town.

4 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

As someone who actually wants Scotland to manage it's own affairs who ****** else should I vote for to achieve that end Einstein?

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Fair enough but hold them to account.

They are not delivering on anything let alone independence.

Tbf there isnt much better out there.

It's just the defending no matter what I am posting about.

1 minute ago, Ked said:

You hold them to account, you've got the same amount of votes as me.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Ked said:

It’s just the way of things now. 
Holding them to account on what? People go on about education for one. I can only judge by what’s around me. My kid got highers and went to uni, her friends are all smart girls too, both my nephews are clever as and so is my niece so if education is so shite then im not seeing it. They’re doing well all of them. I also see new schools and stuff being built all around and I can’t complain about any services I’ve had to use over the last how ever many years. I don’t get all this everything is shite here, I completely resent it. All I hear from Tory and Labour leaders is how crap everything is. I don’t like posh sir mps telling me what’s what up here, starmer can politely feck off. 
At the same time If you spend your life expecting the government to do things for you then you’re not going to get very far. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Holding them to account on what? People go on about education for one. I can only judge by what’s around me. My kid got highers and went to uni, her friends are all smart girls too, both my nephews are clever as and so is my niece so if education is so shite then im not seeing it. They’re doing well all of them. I also see new schools and stuff being built all around and I can’t complain about any services I’ve had to use over the last how ever many years. I don’t get all this everything is shite here, I completely resent it. All I hear from Tory and Labour leaders is how crap everything is. I don’t like posh sir mps telling me what’s what up here, starmer can politely feck off. 
At the same time If you spend your life expecting the government to do things for you then you’re not going to get very far. 

That's SIR Starmer to you, prole

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's SIR Starmer to you, prole

Yeah…a sir in charge of the Labour Party ffs! A real establishment man. 
Feck right off! 

jack D and coke

I reckon they fight so hard to keep scotland is because they’re afraid England will see us shed the royals and all these lords and other tossers and then the English people will look and think oh we’d like a bit of that as well. England will always be ruled by wankers (well we all will) unless we grow a set. The only place anything interesting has happened politics wise in Britain for decades is up here and they’re fighting to keep it the way its always been.
For the ones born to rule. 

manaliveits105

SNP not happy with trade deal with NZ 

but then they spend their lives gurning 

Farmers not happy with trade deal 

things starting to take shape post brexit though ay 👍

3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

That’s your choice.

The narrative that you’re just bashing the SNP is counterproductive to ever achieving independence. You don’t convince the no voters by being as equally shite a government. 

I'm not trying to convince anyone Des. Just can't stand hypocrites! 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I've said similar before JDC. Education isn't that bad and I know as my daughter is a teacher! Her friends are intelligent young ladies. My nieces, nephews and grandchildren have had and are having a great education.

I'd never vote for a unionist party again. SNP and Alba for me and I accept they're flawed but who isn't!

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

You hold them to account, you've got the same amount of votes as me.

😂👌

I hold them to account on here buddy.

Sad I know

39 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Love the farmers up in arms about the NZ deal. Maybe they'll think the next time they blindly vote tory 

Will you think the next time you blindly vote SNP that the present day children are being educated like shit while record young people are dying of drug overdoses with a shit health service.

Just for the crack likes

12 minutes ago, Ked said:

Will you think the next time you blindly vote SNP that the present day children are being educated like shit while record young people are dying of drug overdoses with a shit health service.

Just for the crack likes

Who should he/she vote for in your opinion? A unionist party? We don't blindly vote, we look at the options and they're poorer! The unionist parties have had years to cure many ills and it just gets worse. 

41 minutes ago, Ked said:

Just for the crack likes

What a pile of garbage but, as I've just realised who you used to be it's to be expected. 

25 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Who should he/she vote for in your opinion? A unionist party? We don't blindly vote, we look at the options and they're poorer! The unionist parties have had years to cure many ills and it just gets worse. 

I just can't understand anyone who truly believes that Scotland wouldn't be better off away from the disaster that is Westminster. 

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What a pile of garbage but, as I've just realised who you used to be it's to be expected. 

*cough* OP *cough*

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I just can't understand anyone who truly believes that Scotland wouldn't be better off away from the disaster that is Westminster. 

Same.

Just now, XB52 said:

Aw aye that old chestnut.

26 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm at a loss myself mate.

Tbh I'm really pessimistic about political direction political ideas .

It just seems that even the very basics of life we need to survive is being sidelined to make way for immediate needs .

(Regards the leaks to the UN from govts)

I just dont believe that an independent Scotland is important anymore.

I'm not sure about anything politically anymore.

It all seems false no matter what perspective you view it from.

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Exactly. They don't care about Scotland which is quite obvious to most people. Look at the state of Gordon Brown for instance. He just contorts himself to berate his country of birth. Blair's another one. Boris Johnson loathes Scottish people and his smirking idiocy is the sign of some sort of deranged personality disorder! I've no respect for any unionist politician and distrust everyone I've heard!

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

Aw aye that old chestnut.

I'm at a loss myself mate.

Tbh I'm really pessimistic about political direction political ideas .

It just seems that even the very basics of life we need to survive is being sidelined to make way for immediate needs .

(Regards the leaks to the UN from govts)

I just dont believe that an independent Scotland is important anymore.

I'm not sure about anything politically anymore.

It all seems false no matter what perspective you view it from.

Part of me thinks it couldn't be any worse and we would have nobody but ourselves to blame. That would get rid of the so called " chip on our shoulder!"

We have intelligent people in Scotland and I think we would readjust quickly and generally find more commonality. It would be easier to accept the majority of what party people voted for and that we could vote them out.

Do people still believe looking inwards, othering, putting up borders and cutting ourselves from our biggest market, will bring magical prosperity?

Does no-one learn anything from history?

Oh well, will pop back next week to see if someone has popped on another '78 and changed the mood music.👍

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Do people still believe looking inwards, othering, putting up borders and cutting ourselves from our biggest market, will bring magical prosperity?

Oh well, will pop back next week to see if someone has popped on another '78 and changed the mood music.👍

Are there no independent countries. Don't know what you mean bud. 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You might be comfortable with the English electorate making your decisions for you, some of us are willing to take a bit more responsibility.

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You mean like Westminster has done to the UK with Brexit?

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You might be comfortable with the English electorate making your decisions for you, some of us are willing to take a bit more responsibility.

*Standing Ovation*

14 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

SNP not happy with trade deal with NZ 

Farmers not happy with trade deal 

things starting to take shape post brexit though ay 👍

:rofl: 

Yes the department for International trade are reporting it will boost the economy by 0.01%. 

Konrad von Carstein
10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

:rofl: 

Yes the department for International trade are reporting it will boost the economy by 0.01%. 

Brexit dividends right there... 🙄

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

6D7C993C-E8F9-4908-9E0E-0B0FD2E8CFCC.jpeg
A grate read get it in time for COP26 or Scottish Independence 

Don’t read it in her voice then…..

39 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm certainly happy Scottish councils are going directly to WM for levelling up funding and infrastructure investment. It's the only way to get things done. Cuts out the ideoligical treacle that is the SNP

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Spot on.  

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

....and others will be comfortable with the British electorate, which includes every voter in Scotland, making decisions.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm certainly happy Scottish councils are going directly to WM for levelling up funding and infrastructure investment. It's the only way to get things done. Cuts out the ideoligical treacle that is the SNP

It's our money! We're only getting it back. Will you ever learn?

10 minutes ago, henryheart said:

....and others will be comfortable with the British electorate, which includes every voter in Scotland, making decisions.

SNP has most Mps. I presume Scots are not too happy with unionist parties. Don't bother adding them all together as that's the normal ploy! The Westminster game is FTP and we voted to be represented by the SNP not the Tories as we didn't vote for them in sufficient numbers. I wished they used FTP in Scotland!

7 minutes ago, henryheart said:

That's democracy right there !

It's a fluid thing though. There should be another vote on Indy. If it is rejected again, then we carry on. Whether people believe politicians' promises is another thing of course. Voting the last time, there was a promise we would stay in the EU. Look how that turned out. 

Probably explains why the Nats are still strong. 

6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

SNP has most Mps. I presume Scots are not too happy with unionist parties. Don't bother adding them all together as that's the normal ploy! The Westminster game is FTP and we voted to be represented by the SNP not the Tories as we didn't vote for them in sufficient numbers. I wished they used FTP in Scotland!

I'm not into playing games, I'm just stating a fact. Some people are happy to be part of the UK and accept the decisions of the party voted in by the majority of UK voters, whether they agree with the party in power or not because they are happy to be considered British. Others like you do not, which is fair enough as you are perfectly entitled to your view.  

14 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's our money! We're only getting it back. Will you ever learn?

Oh ffs, not again.🤣🤣

Yes, yeah, sure, course it is.

Really impressive that magic, elastic money that we raise in Scotland. £66bn raised here stretches to a budget of £91bn and, apparently,  would you believe it, covers furlough, capital expenditure from the UK on upgrading arterial roads and other infrastructure projects.

It would have stretched even further had the Scot Gov not rejected YET MORE UK funding in freeports. 

Refusing the funding and calling them "Green"ports in a nod to their Marxist colleagues in Govt and their core vote in Kerrydale St.🤣🤣🤣