The rise and fall of The SNP.

Konrad von Carstein
38 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Only cause we got our nose into in as per usual ! 

Hud oan!

Is Jamesie the Irish history expert that has been missing from here?

Define this "we" you speak of please.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

jack D and coke
40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Only cause we got our nose into in as per usual ! 

We stuck our nose in in the 17th century and have barely kept it out since so I suppose your right. 

The Real Maroonblood
43 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye whats went on ireland for the last 100 years hasn’t affected anyone over here pal yir right. 

I’ve never really noticed.

:lol:

26 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Hud oan!

Is Jamesie the Irish history expert that has been missing from here?

Define this "we" you speak of please.

THE BRITiSH STATE ( say it In gruff Irish accent ! 

1CC49FB8-E3BD-42AA-80EE-E01EAFFEF231.gif

Konrad von Carstein
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

THE BRITiSH STATE ( say it In gruff Irish accent ! 

1CC49FB8-E3BD-42AA-80EE-E01EAFFEF231.gif

I most certainly will not :lol: , your prediliction for the Irish accent is well known :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I most certainly will not :lol: , your prediliction for the Irish accent is well known :lol: 

Oooooo 😃The Southern accent please . The Northern one is far too harsh but could do if desperate 😂😎

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Demographics tell us it’s a matter of time. 
I fear loads of them, maybe all of them would come to Scotland in that scenario. 
Imagine them doing all that bonfire shite over here on the 12th :facepalm: 

I'd be up for a house swap. 😃

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

A United ireland gives me the fear. The loyalists would like move here in large numbers if unified. 
Keep the clowns over there thanks👍🏼😄

I know a lot of Northern Irish protestants.

Same as us .

Work.Play .etc.

Get a grip eh ffs they have a kin to their home same as you.

It's a disgrace the way you and the indy mob just pass them off as dafties.

Most irish I've met couldnt give a donald duck about the shot Scotsman perceive .

And what is more your generalisation is bigoted.

Sorry Jack .

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Ked said:

Do you ever post anything other than a clap ?

:illogical:

Anything is better than the pish you post.

Jack D is correct.

14 minutes ago, Ked said:

Same as us .

Work.Play .etc.

Most irish I've met couldnt give a donald duck about the shot Scotsman perceive .

Sorry Jack .

Same as who?

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Ked said:

Same as us .

Work.Play .etc.

Sorry Jack .

No apology needed man. Say what you think I don’t take offence. 

9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:illogical:

Anything is better than the pish you post.

Jack D is correct.

You dont post anything.

So I've a head start.

Thumbs up and smileys .

Well done .

Oh Spock smiling like a dafty.

How apt.

I've no connection with Queen loving UJ flagwaving.

But theres no difference to tricolour st Andrew's flag waving shite.

So spare me the moral high ground and especially the down beating of working class peoples as if you are better than them.

Fuds

9 minutes ago, Ked said:

I've no connection with Queen loving UJ flagwaving.

But theres no difference to tricolour st Andrew's flag waving shite.

So spare me the moral high ground and especially the down beating of working class peoples as if you are better than them.

Fuds

How is the moral high ground this time of year?

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I thought it was all about being nice to No voters now to help persuade them to change their minds. 

Knock yourself out

jambos are go!

A lot of UK coverage today about Scotland's drug death shame. Listening to Adrian Chile's radio show  today an expert suggested that minimum alcohol pricing has possibility moved folk to more affordable and deadlier drugs. The law of un intended consequences  biting the hapless SNP Governenment.

Konrad von Carstein
13 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

A lot of UK coverage today about Scotland's drug death shame. Listening to Adrian Chile's radio show  today an expert suggested that minimum alcohol pricing has possibility moved folk to more affordable and deadlier drugs. The law of un intended consequences  biting the hapless SNP Governenment.

Meanwhile at the WHO... :greggy:

https://www.scotsman.com/health/health-experts-call-european-countries-follow-scotlands-lead-minimum-alcohol-pricing-210143

22 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

He said: “One unit a day - 8 grams of alcohol. That’s low risk. In a lot of countries, a glass of wine is 10cl. I must say I was surprised that I ordered a glass of wine in a restaurant in Edinburgh and it was 250ml – I had to give some back.”

:rofl: 

What a condescending sanctimonious bore that guy sounds. 

Konrad von Carstein
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He said: “One unit a day - 8 grams of alcohol. That’s low risk. In a lot of countries, a glass of wine is 10cl. I must say I was surprised that I ordered a glass of wine in a restaurant in Edinburgh and it was 250ml – I had to give some back.”

:rofl: 

What a condescending sanctimonious bore that guy sounds. 

:lol: Yeah :lol:

It was more the fact that the "hapless"  Scottish Government is not alone in MAP and that it is deemed a reasonably successful policy.

2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:lol: Yeah :lol:

It was more the fact that the "hapless"  Scottish Government is not alone in MAP and that it is deemed a reasonably successful policy.

I don't like it. I don't like trying to shape the population to some ideal.

Also, if they're going to make people pay more, make it a levy that goes to educating and treating alcoholism, don't just force the drinks makers to make more profit ffs

1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

I personally think to tackle drugs you need to tackle demand. 

We generally focus on supply. But I'm not sure there is sufficient understanding of how readily available drugs are. The market has changed. For example better quality, cheaper cocaine. 

Konrad von Carstein
37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Also, if they're going to make people pay more, make it a levy that goes to educating and treating alcoholism, don't just force the drinks makers to make more profit ffs

I get that and agree, I was trying to offer a rebuttal of the use of hapless... The SG is in no way perfect, but the relationship with drink in this country needs resetting.

:toasting:

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The only thing that is rising is the snp ministers wealth - tut tut - the real tartan toaaaaarrries !!

A1400D4A-4E7E-4AB4-8FA2-76F9D20DD083.jpeg

I wonder if any of the good Dr Cameron's properties are called 'Arden House?'

6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The only thing that is rising is the snp ministers wealth - tut tut - the real tartan toaaaaarrries !!

A1400D4A-4E7E-4AB4-8FA2-76F9D20DD083.jpeg

They are. They've shifted from being a pro-Indy left wing party to a centre right party filled to the brim with middleclass self centred careerists with little interest in actually achieving the stated goal of the party because they have a captive audience of circa 45% of the population. Sturgeon took over a united movement and has split it with this obsession with gender identity and her own ego all whilst building a personality cult that Jonestown would be jealous of. 

Brexit was an absolute gift. 

The election of Boris Johnson, another absolute gift. Without any shadow of a doubt the worst Prime Minister in living memory. 

I cannot for a second believe that Salmond would have sat on his hands the way Sturgeon has. Quite simply, the Union could not be in safer hands. The lack of strategy or forward planning to take independence forward has been pathetic. The lack of ability to secure the swing vote following brexit has been pathetic. The same huge questions which lost the vote in 2014 remain unanswered and that is despite 7 years to develop answers to these questions.  Independence to Nicola Sturgeon is nothing other than a tool to win elections. 

She's a charlatan with absolutely no interest in anything other than her own ego. If she delivers a referendum (let alone Independence) I'll eat my shoes. 

*I realise you have an opposing view on the constitutional question. 

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

They are. They've shifted from being a pro-Indy left wing party to a centre right party filled to the brim with middleclass self centred careerists with little interest in actually achieving the stated goal of the party because they have a captive audience of circa 45% of the population. Sturgeon took over a united movement and has split it with this obsession with gender identity and her own ego all whilst building a personality cult that Jonestown would be jealous of. 

The election of Boris Johnson, another absolute gift. Without any shadow of a doubt the worst Prime Minister in living memory. 

I cannot for a second believe that Salmond would have sat on his hands the way Sturgeon has. Quite simply, the Union could not be in safer hands. The lack of strategy or forward planning to take independence forward has been pathetic. The lack of ability to secure the swing vote following brexit has been pathetic. The same huge questions which lost the vote in 2014 remain unanswered and that is despite 7 years to develop answers to these questions.  Independence to Nicola Sturgeon is nothing other than a tool to win elections. 

She's a charlatan with absolutely no interest in anything other than her own ego. If she delivers a referendum (let alone Independence) I'll eat my shoes. 

Good post .

jack D and coke
59 minutes ago, OTT said:

I appreciate Salmond is a marmite character and is obviously a bit tarnished these days even though he was cleared. I felt much more for his SNP than this. I don’t like this lot much at all I’ll be honest. 
Salmond would’ve achieved much more. He knows why most people are voting for them and I can’t believe he wouldn’t have made much more of the opportunities that Johnson and Brexit presented. 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Yes good post - at the moment yes - I was yes in 2014 

and at the end of the day it’s really up to my kids and then grandkids - but until someone competent comes up with the right critical answers - and they haven’t so far I will be a no :gocompare:

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yes good post - at the moment yes - I was yes in 2014 

and at the end of the day it’s really up to my kids and then grandkids - but until someone competent comes up with the right critical answers - and they haven’t so far I will be a no :gocompare:

I was a team of crime fighting robots and so was my wife

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Seeing it laid out like that you can't help but feel if someone can't deliver Scottish independence with a backdrop of Boris Johnson and Brexit then not only will they never be able to, you have to start questioning their desire to as well really.

5 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

‘Working class’ is old school language comrade. Nowadays, you have to say ‘ordinary working people’ or ‘hard working families’ and omit the ‘class’ bit. You should listen to Starmer more often.

Not likely .

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

The "drink makers" don't make any more profit from it. 

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

The "drink makers" don't make any more profit from it. 

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I appreciate Salmond is a marmite character and is obviously a bit tarnished these days even though he was cleared. I felt much more for his SNP than this. I don’t like this lot much at all I’ll be honest. 
Salmond would’ve achieved much more. He knows why most people are voting for them and I can’t believe he wouldn’t have made much more of the opportunities that Johnson and Brexit presented. 

Salmond would've rag-dolled Johnson at every turn.

The Mighty Thor
16 hours ago, Smithee said:

I worked in the drinks industry for over 20 years. 

The only people making money are the government through taxes and duty and the supermarkets/retailers.

MAP benefits them hugely as it removes the promotions that kept prices relatively low. 

Wines and spirits have gone up considerably in real terms since MAP quite often beyond the rise you'd expect to see to achieve MAP.

Profiteering pure and simple. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I worked in the drinks industry for over 20 years. 

The only people making money are the government through taxes and duty and the supermarkets/retailers.

MAP benefits them hugely as it removes the promotions that kept prices relatively low. 

Wines and spirits have gone up considerably in real terms since MAP quite often beyond the rise you'd expect to see to achieve MAP.

Profiteering pure and simple. 

Did the manufacturers of cheap alcohol not start charging more after MUP?

It certainly didn't only affect retailers, wholesale prices moved as well

11 hours ago, Smithee said:

I was a team of crime fighting robots and so was my wife

😁😁 Good post. Why do ultra hard line unionists keep coming out with this shite. "honest I voted yes/snp but never again" 😁😁 Do they think that other people are as brain dead as them?