The rise and fall of The SNP.

3 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Ooft, Ross would be better sticking to officiating football matches...

32 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes she is looking dreadful now . The of being  a tinpot dictator depriving everyone of their Civil liberties and freedoms has taken its toll . Im

not religious but thank you God .

Canon fodder as per usual 

Jesus asked me to pass on God's reply to you - he said, send this to James and  remind him that Scotland isn't tinpot but is actually God's own country.

jesus-middlefinger.jpg

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Per Nicola trade will flow freely over a hard border. You'll need a passport to cross the Tweed but goods vehicles will just go straight through per oor Nicola flouting every EU rule. She is a lying buffoon and her voters beyond ignorant.

Swahili Jambo
15 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Per Nicola trade will flow freely over a hard border. You'll need a passport to cross the Tweed but goods vehicles will just go straight through per oor Nicola flouting every EU rule. She is a lying buffoon and her voters beyond ignorant.

You really are quite thick.  Which part of the Tweed would you have to cross to get to England (apart from Berwick).  Keep posting though, your ignorance and wannabe English jingoism is quite entertaining.  That pesky Saltire on the famous jersey must still irk you. 

JudyJudyJudy
56 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Ooft, Ross would be better sticking to officiating football matches...

Jesus asked me to pass on God's reply to you - he said, send this to James and  remind him that Scotland isn't tinpot but is actually God's own country.

jesus-middlefinger.jpg

Luckily for me I don’t believe in all that religious pish so that meme means absolutely didly squat to me ! Thank you sir ! 😂 it’s terribly offensive 

JudyJudyJudy
59 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

She's done a fairly decent job through a pandemic. It's her job to look after all citizens. Dictator ffs!

😂😂😂

9D36A1C9-14D0-4455-935B-576B2D326CB7.jpeg

Edited by JamesM48

12 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

You really are quite thick.  Which part of the Tweed would you have to cross to get to England (apart from Berwick).  Keep posting though, your ignorance and wannabe English jingoism is quite entertaining.  That pesky Saltire on the famous jersey must still irk you. 

Cornhill/Coldstream.

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

So how will goods flow freely over a hard border? 

43 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

The A1 crossing the River Tweed © Graham Robson :: Geograph Britain and  Ireland

Edited by JackLadd

23 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

All that flows freely is his and snp pish.

Mars plastic
51 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

This Haggistani is particularly rabid. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We construct a massive flume at Berwick which goes out to the North Sea then doubles back in to land goods at Eyemouth next to the fish. We can install one of Boris's custom scanners on it as built by Dido Harding. 

Alternatively, we could stick a pair of massive googly eyes on every Eddie Stobart truck destined to cross the border and if Customs or Plod stops them, they can just say they were testing the truck's eyesight and fitness to drive.

eddie.jpg

If you need any more fabulous ideas, you know who to call. 👍

Edited by Gizmo

26 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

We construct a massive flume at Berwick which goes out to the North Sea then doubles back in to land goods at Eyemouth next to the fish. We can install one of Boris's custom scanners on it as built by Dido Harding. 

Alternatively, we could stick a pair of massive googly eyes on every Eddie Stobart truck destined to cross the border and if Customs or Plod stops them, they can just say they were testing the truck's eyesight and fitness to drive.

eddie.jpg

Arguably the best case for Scotland leaving the UK ever made.:greatpost:

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

eddie.jpg

If we add on some Groucho glasses they may not even recognise that it's a truck at all.

image.png.10467e841ecb01665e4cad6e562972af.png

43 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

If we add on some Groucho glasses they may not even recognise that it's a truck at all.

image.png.10467e841ecb01665e4cad6e562972af.png

What truck???

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Missing snp funds - not being wheeesht for Indy 

179C29BE-BB9E-4E1B-9FDC-F69CA1CA4C58.jpeg

:lol:

Bunch of chancers.

Has Murrell's house been renovated recently?

https://apple.news/A2fLGLwMXRKy-j-JanwUwcg

An independent Scotland would have to implement a more stringent form of “austerity” than the vision outlined in the SNP’s Growth Commission because of the pandemic, according to a leading economist.

David Phillips, associate director at the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS), warned that the country would be left “with a relatively high budget deficit, substantially higher than the rest of the UK” in the event of a “yes” vote.

He said that the Growth Commission, which was drawn up three years ago by Andrew Wilson, the former RBS banker and ex-SNP MSP, was supposed to update the financial case for independence but Nicola Sturgeon has said that it is now out of date after the Covid-19 economic crisis.

The first minister, who has admitted that no updated work has been done about the fiscal impact of independence, rejected Phillips’ description of the commission as using “effectively austerity” to balance the books. He said that the pandemic had “blown a hole” in Scottish and UK finances.

“That would mean we’re having to do a fiscal tightening at a UK level. Scotland would have to do that added on top of the one that was already there,” Phillips said.

“The other thing that’s changed is it’s become clear that Brexit is a harder Brexit than we thought, and I think that means the issues around the border have become more tricky since 2018 as well.

“It’s clear that an independent Scotland would start life with a large deficit. It would need to get that down, and that would mean difficult choices. That doesn’t mean Scotland can’t afford to be independent. Scotland’s a relatively rich country.

“But it would need to make sure that it cut its cloth to fit the size of its own purse, rather than having fiscal transfers from the rest of the UK.”

Sturgeon has said that she wants a second referendum to be held before the end of 2023 if a pro-independence majority is returned — including Green and potentially Alba MSPs — after next Thursday’s Holyrood election.

She said that “pretty much every country in the developed world has a massive deficit right now and are shouldering massive debts” and that an independent Scotland would be starting its life in a similar position.

“Therefore, I don’t think it’s credible to suggest that an independent Scotland would somehow be in a uniquely different position,” she said.

“We would manage the deficit in the way that other countries manage deficit, through a combination of careful spending decisions and borrowing in order to, in a way consistent with supporting the economy and supporting people, bring the deficit and debt back to reasonable levels.”

She added that Scotland being in a worse fiscal position than the rest of the UK was an argument for independence because it showed that different decisions should be made north of the border.

When Scotland’s public finances were in ruder health than the UK as a whole, in the early part of the last decade before the oil price crash, the SNP argued this made the case for independence.

The IFS also said in analysis of the SNP, Conservative and Labour manifestos that all three of the political parties lacked credibility when it came to their spending plans.

JudyJudyJudy

E543C9F8-98C6-45BF-AE21-8FE482EE3A8B.jpegSorry Ri Alban be careful what you wish for 

Edited by JamesM48

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

E543C9F8-98C6-45BF-AE21-8FE482EE3A8B.jpegSorry Ri Alban be careful what you wish for 

Oh dear James where did you come across that? It’s called a section 30...that’s why she wants the British Govt to agree. 
Sycophantic media in Scotland? :lol: 
Thatcher used to say that all we needed to do was send enough MP’s to WM to gain independence. They must keep moving the goalposts to protect us or something I don’t know🤷🏽‍♂️

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh dear James where did you come across that? It’s called a section 30...that’s why she wants the British Govt to agree. 
Sycophantic media in Scotland? :lol: 
Thatcher used to say that all we needed to do was send enough MP’s to WM to gain independence. They must keep moving the goalposts to protect us or something I don’t know🤷🏽‍♂️

Oh I just took it from an ardent unionist friends posting on Facebook It’s really about the issue that Sturgeon wants to hold a ref with or without a section 30 which is the issue 

Edited by JamesM48

jack D and coke
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Oh I just took it from an ardent unionist friends posting on Facebook I just wanted to cause bother 😂

Lol aye I’m well aware where that kind of stuff comes from. The unionist FB and Twitter pages are FAF :lol: 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Lol aye I’m well aware where that kind of stuff comes from. The unionist FB and Twitter pages are FAF :lol: 

However I think it was meaning that sturgeon cannot hold a ref without Section 30 but May plan on doing so . I’m on the fence about an Indy ref and before covid was pro Indy . Not so sure now to be honest . I was always against having an Indy vote too soon after last one though 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Unionist FB is hilarious.

If like me you fall somewhere in the middle you look at Nat stuff and it’s often fantasy but at least it’s the building blocks to consider an argument. Then you look at Unionist FB and it’s like a 5yr old was given a word jumble to put together or a knuckledragger was given lessons on photoshop.

Unionism based on trying to bitch slap people or mock them isn’t the way forward.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Unionism based on trying to bitch slap people or mock them isn’t the way forward.

Agreed.

Nationalsts should take note. 

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Agreed.

Nationalst should take note. 

Both sides of the discussion/debate/dummy spitting competition should take note... Surely?

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Both sides of the discussion/debate/dummy spitting competition should take note... Surely?

Exactly it’s on both sides but u see a lot of mocking / snobbery and riducule  more from unionists in my experience 

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

However I think it was meaning that sturgeon cannot hold a ref without Section 30 but May plan on doing so . I’m on the fence about an Indy ref and before covid was pro Indy . Not so sure now to be honest . I was always against having an Indy vote too soon after last one though 

Fair enough mate🤷🏽‍♂️👍🏼

7 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Unionist FB is hilarious.

If like me you fall somewhere in the middle you look at Nat stuff and it’s often fantasy but at least it’s the building blocks to consider an argument. Then you look at Unionist FB and it’s like a 5yr old was given a word jumble to put together or a knuckledragger was given lessons on photoshop.

I voted yes and I’d likely do so again but I’m not hellbent on it. I do believe that if public opinion demands an indyref then we should have one though. 
Unionist social media is miles worse imo. I can’t help trolling the pages. The anger :lol: I’m maybe slightly biased though😬

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Exactly it’s on both sides but u see a lot of mocking / snobbery and riducule  more from unionists in my experience 

That was the point of my post... GT likes a wee pot stir...

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Well aye, that's what I was getting at.

I prefer the gist of posts to be implicit rather than explicit.

The ambiguity affords better opportunity for custard pie flinging. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s all about trying to make out everyone on the Indy side is mental and nasty. 
They’re the Neymars of political debate. The slightest touch and they’re rolling about claiming you’re a nazi or English hating etc etc😴😴

Friday nights when I’m pished I have a wee

bit fun with them :lol: 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

How ****ing dare you... :seething:

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

On pretty much every subject😐😂

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Fair enough mate🤷🏽‍♂️👍🏼

I voted yes and I’d likely do so again but I’m not hellbent on it. I do believe that if public opinion demands an indyref then we should have one though. 
Unionist social media is miles worse imo. I can’t help trolling the pages. The anger :lol: I’m maybe slightly biased though😬

Exactly my view . 

13 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Oh yes he can certainly throw some shade ! I’ll give him that . Leaves me “gagging “ ! 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s all about trying to make out everyone on the Indy side is mental and nasty. 
They’re the Neymars of political debate. The slightest touch and they’re rolling about claiming you’re a nazi or English hating etc etc😴😴

Friday nights when I’m pished I have a wee

bit fun with them :lol: 

Very true before covid I had various run ins on my face book with the unionist friend . She is a real friend by the way . I respect  her and she’s intelligent but she just goes bat shit crazy about this subject and loses any sense of objectivity about it . She regularly says she “ hate ms” Sturgeon . Like I said I have me reservations about Indy but if we had a vote tomorrow I wouldn’t forgive myself if I didn’t vote yes . The clincher for me was a news item a few weeks ago when it was reported that the British govt are replacing some nuclear weapons etc and it will cost billions . I don’t want to be part of a Govt who prioritises this over its people’s health etc , no thanks . So it’s a reluctant yes 😂 sadly I think it won’t happen as the media will be even more ferocious in their anti independence campaign . But I won’t be crying into my weetabix if we didn’t become independent . It’s not the end all and be all for me in the grand scheme of things 

Edited by JamesM48

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly my view . 

Oh yes he can certainly throw some shade ! I’ll give him that . Leaves me “gagging “ ! 

Very true before covid I had various run ins on my face book with the unionist friend . She is a real friend by the way . I respect  her and she’s intelligent but she just goes bat shit crazy about this subject and loses any sense of objectivity about it . She regularly says she “ hate ms” Sturgeon . Like I said I have me reservations about Indy but if we had a vote tomorrow I wouldn’t forgive myself if I didn’t vote yes . The clincher for me was a news item a few weeks ago when it was reported that the British govt are replacing some nuclear weapons etc and it will cost billions . I don’t want to be part of a Govt who prioritises this over its people’s health etc , no thanks . So it’s a reluctant yes 😂 sadly I think it won’t happen as the media will be even more ferocious in their anti independence campaign . But I won’t be crying into my weetabix if we didn’t become independent . It’s not the end all and be all for me in the grand scheme of things 

Pretty much agree with all that pal. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Pretty much agree with all that pal. 

👍

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You've changed your tune pretty quickly. 

Trying to troll his BFF aussieh☺️

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Trying to troll his BFF aussieh☺️

Me never ! 😂😂😂

Roxy Hearts
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Loving the tartan effect on our pitch now🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3CF7D35C-0547-411B-9F2F-198CD22C8007.jpeg

Looks fantastic. Can't wait to get back!