The rise and fall of The SNP.

Swahili Jambo

Oh my, that hot bed of Labour support has turned big time.  Airdrie and Shotts by-election odds,  SNP 1/10.  Alba Gu Brath 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

5 hours ago, Candy said:

Why is she always angry nowadays? 

It comes across like she's fed up having to defend herself and we should all just accept what she says

Sturgeon is way too intelligent for Mr. Piggy. 

SHAMED barefaced Nicoliar Sturgeon dodges BBC Question Time Holyrood edition claiming SNP weren't asked. Pathetic excuse from a pathetic weasel party. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Don’t believe a word that comes out her spout 

I wonder if she and her ministers still think it was "lunacy" and "idiotic" for the UK to procure our own vaccines, instead of joining the EU scheme. Mike Russell, not the sharpest tool in the box, granted, thought it would "cost lives".  Backing the wrong horse as the SNP always does.

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I wonder if she and her ministers still think it was "lunacy" and "idiotic" for the UK to procure our own vaccines, instead of joining the EU scheme. Mike Russell, not the sharpest tool in the box, granted, thought it would "cost lives".  Backing the wrong horse as the SNP always does.

They should just stop being into independence eh?

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Sturgeon is way too intelligent for Mr. Piggy. 

Well, she is intelligent enough not to use playground insults i'll grant you that.

Not that I'd vote for him, but Sarwar has come across the best for me.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

They should just stop being into independence eh?

You've gone off at a tangent. Do they still believe it was "lunacy" and "idiotic" not to join their beloved EU scheme?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You've gone off at a tangent. Do they still believe it was "lunacy" and "idiotic" not to join their beloved EU scheme?

This thread's about the SNP, I'm talking about an opinion you agreed with on the SNP, a really really stupid one.

How's that a tangent?

doctor jambo

It would be fascinating to know how many people actually want independence vs they have merely been offered a truck load of free stuff to vote SNP so have jumped on the bandwagon that labour used to pander to.

Sturgeon is now very much a Farage type figure, pedalling vaguely xenophobic separatist nonsense swapping “England” for Westminster  in her rhetoric.

Land of milk and honey.

Better alone , without the welsh and Irish .

Might as well have a Scottish bus with their uncosted bribes plastered on it driving about.

Few/ no solid facts , but as we saw with brexit people don’t want the facts , they want the myth- loads of money coming from somewhere .”better alone”.

when the world needs to come together , some are trying to pull it apart.

Simplistic, nationalist fantasies . Try working WITH the English welsh and Irish for a better future for all on this island.

9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

SHAMED barefaced Nicoliar Sturgeon dodges BBC Question Time Holyrood edition claiming SNP weren't asked. Pathetic excuse from a pathetic weasel party. 

BBC QT is absolutely garbage though and would be better served if leaders were on Debate Night Scotland on the BBC Scotland channel.

In the last 10yrs QT has progressively turned into a show with more in common with Xfactor where the crowd boos or cheers a panelist. 

3 hours ago, Candy said:

Sarwar is coming across very well. 

Labour in Scotland may have finally stopped their decline. 

3 hours ago, Candy said:

Well, she is intelligent enough not to use playground insults i'll grant you that.

She can rattle of facts and figures from the top of her head to back up her arguments. 

Mr Piggy and Dodgy Sarwar don't even have 1/10th of that level of understanding of existing numbers, on legislation or government policy. 

Mr Piggy is as thick as two short planks. The boys absolute mince in the head, probably needs his Ma to tie his shoelaces and do his tie.

Sarwar speaks well but he keeps going about things like fuel poverty, the definition of which I doubt he even knows and, I doubt he remotely understands the causation nor does he understand how to implement changes to end it. He is a PR man, all spraff, no substance. 

scott herbertson
54 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It would be fascinating to know how many people actually want independence vs they have merely been offered a truck load of free stuff to vote SNP so have jumped on the bandwagon that labour used to pander to.

Sturgeon is now very much a Farage type figure, pedalling vaguely xenophobic separatist nonsense swapping “England” for Westminster  in her rhetoric.

Land of milk and honey.

Might as well have a Scottish bus with their uncosted bribes plastered on it driving about.

Few/ no solid facts , but as we saw with brexit people don’t want the facts , they want the myth- loads of money coming from somewhere .”better alone”.

Simplistic, nationalist fantasies . Try working WITH the English welsh and Irish for a better future for all on this island.

I would guess approximately 100% of SNP voters want independence and about 99% do so without consideration of any freebies. The vast majority realise it isn't an easy economic win and any prosperity would be medium to long term not instant.

They are at the same level of vote they have been for the last few years when those new promises weren't there. There will be a small amount of people shifting as usual but I doubt it will have much influence on the vote. The scaremonger will have an effect as it usually does in campaigns at election time. It is hard to counter and fear has been proved to be effective to deter votes for change (hence no party will ever promise to raise taxes if they want to win power - look up walter mondale to see what happens there...)

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I would guess approximately 100% of SNP voters want independence and about 99% do so without consideration of any freebies. The vast majority realise it isn't an easy economic win and any prosperity would be medium to long term not instant.

They are at the same level of vote they have been for the last few years when those new promises weren't there. There will be a small amount of people shifting as usual but I doubt it will have much influence on the vote. The scaremonger will have an effect as it usually does in campaigns at election time. It is hard to counter and fear has been proved to be effective to deter votes for change (hence no party will ever promise to raise taxes if they want to win power - look up walter mondale to see what happens there...)

It’s Doctor “Rees Mogg” Jambo telling you how again how successful and considerably richer than yow he is again depicting the rest of us as dumb skint tossers wanting everything for nowt. 
I’ve read some opinions in my time on here but still agog at his most recent :lol: 

Edited by jack D and coke

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s Doctor “Rees Mogg” Jambo telling you how again how successful and considerably richer than yow he is again depicting the rest of us as dumb skint tossers wanting everything for nowt. 
I’ve read some opinions in my time on here but still agog at his most recent :lol: 

I'm trying to work out one bit - is he saying that if you change the words she uses it's xenophobic?

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm trying to work out one bit - is he saying that if you change the words she uses it's xenophobic?

It certainly looks like it. On top of calling us all dumb, skint tramps who just want freebies. 

I mean who wouldn’t want to be as successful in life as these Ayrshire unionists like old Rees Mogg jambo🇬🇧

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Land of milk and honey.

Here he comes again, Doctor "I worked hard and am successful so why can't those impoverished kids on council sink estates with a single stressed out parent, attending a rotten school, with next to no hope do likewise" Jambo.

Perish the ****ing thought that a government is actually meant to improve the lot of the populace of the country they administer. We've tried working with the English, but since they routinely vote Tory despite their endemic corruption, don't give a flying **** about food banks, WMDs or severe poverty in a supposedly rich country, as long as they can aspire to be part of the elite and save a couple of pence off their tax bills. HOW ON EARTH do you propose we make meaningful change to help the poor and downtrodden? 

None of this is a "truck load of free stuff" - its stuff paid for by OUR tax money. Dunno about you, but I'd rather my taxes helped kids do better at school by not going hungry, reduced reliance on foodbanks etc than went as part of a bung to Hancock's sister or Dido ****ing Harding. I have no issues with free prescriptions since many in this country suffer disproportionately from poor health - something long linked to poverty. It is cheaper to provide free prescriptions than it is to administer the scheme to assess qualifying for free medicines. Its also the mark of a civilised country which cares for its people - contrast with shooting victims in the US pleading with people not to call an ambulance because they can't afford to pay for it, if they survive. 

Fascinating indeed, to see a demonstration of a  complete lack of empathy allied to a disproportionate sense of superiority. 

59 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

She can rattle of facts and figures from the top of her head to back up her arguments. 

Unless it’s during a Holyrood inquiry. 

Brighton Jambo
Brighton Jambo
17 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Here he comes again, Doctor "I worked hard and am successful so why can't those impoverished kids on council sink estates with a single stressed out parent, attending a rotten school, with next to no hope do likewise" Jambo.

Perish the ****ing thought that a government is actually meant to improve the lot of the populace of the country they administer. We've tried working with the English, but since they routinely vote Tory despite their endemic corruption, don't give a flying **** about food banks, WMDs or severe poverty in a supposedly rich country, as long as they can aspire to be part of the elite and save a couple of pence off their tax bills. HOW ON EARTH do you propose we make meaningful change to help the poor and downtrodden? 

None of this is a "truck load of free stuff" - its stuff paid for by OUR tax money. Dunno about you, but I'd rather my taxes helped kids do better at school by not going hungry, reduced reliance on foodbanks etc than went as part of a bung to Hancock's sister or Dido ****ing Harding. I have no issues with free prescriptions since many in this country suffer disproportionately from poor health - something long linked to poverty. It is cheaper to provide free prescriptions than it is to administer the scheme to assess qualifying for free medicines. Its also the mark of a civilised country which cares for its people - contrast with shooting victims in the US pleading with people not to call an ambulance because they can't afford to pay for it, if they survive. 

Fascinating indeed, to see a demonstration of a  complete lack of empathy allied to a disproportionate sense of superiority. 

Where you argument totally falls down is that in the areas that are fully devolved such as education, performance is going backwards under the SNP.  If they had made a real success of education, such as closing the attainment gap improving our international ratings, then that would be a platform for saying imagine what we could do with areas not devolved.

Failures in education, health, intervention in failing businesses, infrastructure projects etc all sit fully with the SNP and failings cannot be blamed elsewhere no matter how much it’s easy to try and do so. 

There’s two routes to independence:

1.  Make a real positive difference to Scotland with the devolved powers you have and that is your platform to say give us everything and imagine what we could do.

2. Stoke enough grievance with WM by blaming all Scotland’s problems on them to make people believe that breaking away is the only option.

The SNP didn’t have the competence or capability for option 1 so have defaulted to option 2.  And people are getting tired of it as recent polls indicate.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

This thread's about the SNP, I'm talking about an opinion you agreed with on the SNP, a really really stupid one.

How's that a tangent?

You quoted my post about the hyperbolic language used by SNP ministers regarding the UKs vaccine programme.  Will they admit that they horrendously misjudged that? Lives would certainly have been lost had we gone in with the EU. Do you expect the SNP to acknowledge that fact?  I didn't mention independence in the post you quoted,  therefore you are going off at a tangent

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You quoted my post about the hyperbolic language used by SNP ministers regarding the UKs vaccine programme.  Will they admit that they horrendously misjudged that? Lives would certainly have been lost had we gone in with the EU. Do you expect the SNP to acknowledge that fact?  I didn't mention independence in the post you quoted,  therefore you are going off at a tangent

I'd be distancing myself from it too TBF

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'd be distancing myself from it too TBF

You're having a mare. But do you think the SNP regret their vaccine stance and childish language? Hope someone asks Sturgeon's empty chair on QT tonight 😂

38 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Where you argument totally falls down is that in the areas that are fully devolved such as education, performance is going backwards under the SNP.  If they had made a real success of education, such as closing the attainment gap improving our international ratings, then that would be a platform for saying imagine what we could do with areas not devolved.

Failures in education, health, intervention in failing businesses, infrastructure projects etc all sit fully with the SNP and failings cannot be blamed elsewhere no matter how much it’s easy to try and do so. 

There’s two routes to independence:

1.  Make a real positive difference to Scotland with the devolved powers you have and that is your platform to say give us everything and imagine what we could do.

2. Stoke enough grievance with WM by blaming all Scotland’s problems on them to make people believe that breaking away is the only option.

The SNP didn’t have the competence or capability for option 1 so have defaulted to option 2.  And people are getting tired of it as recent polls indicate.  

I wasn't arguing about the SNP viz-a-viz Westminster per se, more about Doctor Jambo's ridiculous stance on "truckloads of free stuff".

Nor do I blame all our ills on Westminster or, indeed, governance. It is far more complex than that.    

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, ok then.

I was talking to a small business owner this morning who had been on a zoom type call with "The Economist" about the potential impact of Scexit on his long established family business

His view.....it would be disastrous.  

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Candy said:

I was talking to a small business owner this morning who had been on a zoom type call with "The Economist" about the potential impact of Scexit on his long established family business

His view.....it would be disastrous.  

I prefer Joxit. 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

oh my my my would you believe it - the good people of Scotland know the score - GLORIOUS .

Unknown user
37 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're having a mare. But do you think the SNP regret their vaccine stance and childish language? Hope someone asks Sturgeon's empty chair on QT tonight 😂

I'm having a mare? No offence mate but you're not exactly known for your sense of awareness with these things!

I don't know, I don't care, I'm not an snp supporter, I'm not a fan of sturgeon.

But I can separate the party from the cause I support as well as pointing out absolute nonsense like the SNP should move away from independence.

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

:clap: Take a bow. Brilliant post.

doctor jambo
16 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:clap: Take a bow. Brilliant post.

Sorry, puerile crap.

fwiw I believe in living wage, raised benefits and FREE housing and electricity for the poor.

Those dovetail with self reliance really well.

I do believe in job creation, drug legalisation  and a properly funded NHS.

Still, you bash on with your petty grudges and shoulder chips.

Not harbouring resentments, inverted snobbery, and deep sublimated inferiority complexes allows me to see past jingoistic politics, in ALL parties.

Im also not a Tory 

Mars plastic
5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Land of milk and honey.

I can 100% get behind quality postage such as this. 

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Sorry, puerile crap.

fwiw I believe in living wage, raised benefits and FREE housing and electricity for the poor.

Not harbouring resentments, inverted snobbery, and deep sublimated inferiority complexes allows me to see past jingoistic politics, in ALL parties.

Im also not a Tory 

:greatpost:

Mars plastic
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

oh my my my would you believe it - the good people of Scotland know the score - GLORIOUS .

The Dr. Alban guy on this thread will be raging at the traitors who voted to stay in that poll.

5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Sorry, puerile crap.

Im also not a Tory 

IDGAF

Take time away from here mate. Too many flumps talking the same robotic shite over and over and over and over and over and over again!

6 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Sorry, puerile crap.

Im also not a Tory 

That's like the exact opposite of what you posted, is there something wrong with you?

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

That's like the exact opposite of what you posted, is there something wrong with you?

I noticed as well. Complete 180 on the Rees Mogg type pish of recent week or so. 

SHAMED Sturgeon sits in Bute House and ducks an election debate BBC QT on her own doorstep. Clearly above any voter scrutiny.

44 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I noticed as well. Complete 180 on the Rees Mogg type pish of recent week or so. 

Glad it wasn't just me. Imagine complaining about a "truckload of free stuff" then mandating free housing. You can't make this stuff up.

20 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

SHAMED Sturgeon sits in Bute House and ducks an election debate BBC QT on her own doorstep. Clearly above any voter scrutiny.

Poor wee Dougie Ross will have no-one except the travelling community to complain about tonight. Shame. 

20 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Ha ha - you know she doesn't live/stay in Bute House?

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Gards said:

With the unhealthy obsession some of them have with her I’d very much doubt it eh 😂

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, Gards said:

Disgrace to the position and insult to Edinburgh the Capital City

No class whatsoever 

Krankie Oot 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Disgrace to the position and insult to Edinburgh the Capital City

No class whatsoever 

^^^^ This.

doctor jambo
11 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Is it? Not sure what contradictions you see.

I suspect you are seeing what you want.