The rise and fall of The SNP.

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I just answered it. Why borrow when we have our own money in this equal partnership! I can't help it if you don't like the answer.

Because it's not an answer to the question I asked. I asked why the Scottish Government should have more borrowing power when they don't use the power they currently have. When you come up with an answer to that question, do let me know.

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

They do use their borrowing powers. No doubt if they were reckless with them, you'd use that to beat them over the head with. 

Of course you'd be critical if they were "reckless", because that's just the other extreme. There's a happy medium though. One where they use the existing powers they have and use that to levy for more. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Konrad von Carstein
11 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

No worries, I'd hate to get in the way of your grievance here. Perhaps you'll be able to answer why the SNP needs further borrowing powers when it doesn't take advantage of those they already have. Good afternoon to you.

No grievance here my dear fellow, so no need for you to worry on that score.
I will be answering zip, however, Ivm sure your like minded brethren will be along to assist in due course.

Enjoy your afternoon.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

So you don't actually have an answer to my question then. That's what I expected, thanks.

It had an overspend last year. 
It doesn’t borrow money because it would be taken out of the Barnett Formula consequentials where we get back about half of what we contribute. 
https://www.gov.scot/publications/final-outturn-report-scottish-budget-2019-2020/

A46E47E9-3777-463E-AD4E-355867F0295C.jpeg

The Hogfather
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It had an overspend last year. 
It doesn’t borrow money because it would be taken out of the Barnett Formula consequentials where we get back about half of what we contribute. 
https://www.gov.scot/publications/final-outturn-report-scottish-budget-2019-2020/

A46E47E9-3777-463E-AD4E-355867F0295C.jpeg

So what's the script with this then?

6. The inclusion of the directly-funded bodies completes the picture, where the overall reported position for the total Scottish Budget in 2019-20 shows an expenditure outturn of £44.1 billion against the approved Parliamentary budget of £44.2 billion, resulting in an underspend of £129 million which represents less than 0.5 per cent of budget.

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Correct. Does my head in when unionists pontificate arrogant nonsense as if Scotland contributes nothing. If we need money for our citizens we should receive it in this union of equals! 

Your wasting your time with Nunya. He will refuse to answer any question he doesn't like and just ask a totally unrelated question instead. I was going to put him on ignore but his posts make me laugh so it's fun reading them. 

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

So what's the script with this then?

That’s not the overall picture is it? Just more Unionist myths thats easily  proven to be so. 
Not mentioning borrowing now, glad you got the answer you were looking for. 

dobmisterdobster

Alex Salmond wants an independent Scotland to join EFTA as a stepping stone to joining the EU.

Does he not know that EFTA is not a stepping stone in any way? EFTA members like Switzerland have promised to never join the EU.

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Your wasting your time with Nunya. He will refuse to answer any question he doesn't like and just ask a totally unrelated question instead. I was going to put him on ignore but his posts make me laugh so it's fun reading them. 

The absolute brass neck of you to say this about anybody :laugh: You dodged my question repeatedly, calling the missing money "mythical" and spouting nonsense about "countless" (4) posts I made on the subject. It's not often I say this kind of thing about anyone on here, but you're a clown mate. Perfect caricature for the misinformed, arrogant and closed minded attitude you see among some of the simpler minds involved in Scottish/British politics :) 

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The SNP's job is stand up for Scotland! All it's asking for is more of our own money. Can you imagine unionist parties defending Scotland? That's why we don't want them in administration in the Scottish Government. They're subservient to their Westminster masters much like you.

Why does England need the union? Genuine question.

Do you actually believe the "our money" bit? We spend £81 bn each year but raise only £66bn. It's frightening that there are still people around who believe that Scotland does not benefit hugely from the Barnett formula, to the tune of about £12 - £15bn each year.  Welfare would have to be slashed in a separate Scotland yet still Sturgeon hands out freebies, bikes, paracetamol, lap tops, travel. It really is student union politics in action. 

Roxy Hearts
28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Do you actually believe the "our money" bit? We spend £81 bn each year but raise only £66bn. It's frightening that there are still people around who believe that Scotland does not benefit hugely from the Barnett formula, to the tune of about £12 - £15bn each year.  Welfare would have to be slashed in a separate Scotland yet still Sturgeon hands out freebies, bikes, paracetamol, lap tops, travel. It really is student union politics in action. 

If you say so.

9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

If you say so.

Do you believe that Scotland contributes more to the UK budget than we receive through the Barnett formula?

Roxy Hearts
25 minutes ago, pablo said:

Do you believe that Scotland contributes more to the UK budget than we receive through the Barnett formula?

We're not told what our contribution is. Some Westminster group will tell it's this or that and we are meant to believe it. The Barnett Formula! It's ridiculous that Scotland has to have a budget, formula or whatever! What's England's in this equal partnership?

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

We're not told what our contribution is. Some Westminster group will tell it's this or that and we are meant to believe it. The Barnett Formula! It's ridiculous that Scotland has to have a budget, formula or whatever! What's England's in this equal partnership?

Yes, but do you believe that we're treated unfairly? That we're putting in more than we're getting out?

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, pablo said:

Yes, but do you believe that we're treated unfairly? That we're putting in more than we're getting out?

Who knows but based on the fact they don't want us to have our independence I would suggest Scotland's contribution is huge! 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Who knows but based on the fact they don't want us to have our independence I would suggest Scotland's contribution is huge! 

They don't want us to leave because the UK is the most successful union in history.  The societal, geographical, familial, cultural ties, the shared history over 300 years. If it was purely an economic consideration then you're right, why would they want us? Go research the figures, we receive an additional £13bn or so in funding over and above our contribution.  There is no secret vault in London, stashing Scottish cash.

Konrad von Carstein
23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They don't want us to leave because the UK is the most successful union in history.  The societal, geographical, familial, cultural ties, the shared history over 300 years. If it was purely an economic consideration then you're right, why would they want us? Go research the figures, we receive an additional £13bn or so in funding over and above our contribution.  There is no secret vault in London, stashing Scottish cash.

If that is so, why are our (your) elected representatives (whether you voted for them or not)treated with such disdain, Tory benches clearing on masse as they stand to speak in the house?

I've said to you before, I think, my wish is for Scotland to stand on it's own two feet, without being disrespected by the likes of that oaf in No 10.

Roxy Hearts
40 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If you say so 

coconut doug
24 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If the UK is the most successful union in history why do so many of its subjects want to abolish it? On what basis do you decide that the UK is the most successful union in history? Are you sure it isn't the linking of all the principalities into the German state or the economic powerhouse of the USA? Which criteria do you use? i think the reason Tories always tell us this is because Britain controlled around a quarter of the world's population and subjugating people is their sole measure of success. Even the European Union and the Soviet Union were more popular than our present union.

I've got societal, cultural, familial and geographical ties with lots of people and places as do many Indy supporters on here who frequently tell those proffering the anti - English stereotype that they are English or have English family. For hundreds of years before the union we were an independent country frequently in dispute with England, by your argument why should we not return to that and celebrate our cultural, societal and geographical divisions?

I've got news for you Enzo. Many English people don't like us and want to rid of us https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/09/07/how-do-english-and-welsh-people-feel-about-scotlan Less than half of the English want us to stay. A higher proportion of Tories obviously as for them there is no such thing as society. They are learning that the terms British and English are not interchangeable anymore. You wont see union flags at England games.

It's astonishing to me that you keep repeating the same obvous untruth regarding Scotland's spending. Scotland does not get funding of £13billion or so above our contribution. Scotland is allocated spending that creates that figure but it is not accurate nor is it an accurate reflection of Scotland's economic performance or potential. It is London that is the outlier and that is common to capital cities around the world. Scotland's so-called economic black hole is predicated on much higher tax receipts form London. This is because people earn more in London and in capital cities generally. In London's case everybody gets a London weighting allowance. On average that's around an extra £1,000 in tax per worker or more than half the notional deficit. Of course government and head offices congregate here paying workers higher than average salaries creating more income tax and more VAT because of the higher earnings and disposable income. If you move government and head offices to Edinburgh and give everybody an Edinburgh weigting allowance and removed the one for London would that make Londoners lazy, subsidy junkies?

I know you don't understand this or pretend not to but you work in pensions, how do you feel about the massive subsidy given to non Scots pensioners in the UK whether that be state or private?

You said you didn't want Scotland to be subsidised with the Barnett formula, how do you feel about the rest of the country subsidising London through the weighting allowance and better pensions? 

coconut doug
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Have you considered hiring an editor? (that is too many words mate)

Alternatively i could just leave all the inane drivel go unchallenged. Are you still looking for a translator?

Enzo Chiefo
18 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

If the UK is the most successful union in history why do so many of its subjects want to abolish it? On what basis do you decide that the UK is the most successful union in history? Are you sure it isn't the linking of all the principalities into the German state or the economic powerhouse of the USA? Which criteria do you use? i think the reason Tories always tell us this is because Britain controlled around a quarter of the world's population and subjugating people is their sole measure of success. Even the European Union and the Soviet Union were more popular than our present union.

I've got societal, cultural, familial and geographical ties with lots of people and places as do many Indy supporters on here who frequently tell those proffering the anti - English stereotype that they are English or have English family. For hundreds of years before the union we were an independent country frequently in dispute with England, by your argument why should we not return to that and celebrate our cultural, societal and geographical divisions?

I've got news for you Enzo. Many English people don't like us and want to rid of us https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/09/07/how-do-english-and-welsh-people-feel-about-scotlan Less than half of the English want us to stay. A higher proportion of Tories obviously as for them there is no such thing as society. They are learning that the terms British and English are not interchangeable anymore. You wont see union flags at England games.

It's astonishing to me that you keep repeating the same obvous untruth regarding Scotland's spending. Scotland does not get funding of £13billion or so above our contribution. Scotland is allocated spending that creates that figure but it is not accurate nor is it an accurate reflection of Scotland's economic performance or potential. It is London that is the outlier and that is common to capital cities around the world. Scotland's so-called economic black hole is predicated on much higher tax receipts form London. This is because people earn more in London and in capital cities generally. In London's case everybody gets a London weighting allowance. On average that's around an extra £1,000 in tax per worker or more than half the notional deficit. Of course government and head offices congregate here paying workers higher than average salaries creating more income tax and more VAT because of the higher earnings and disposable income. If you move government and head offices to Edinburgh and give everybody an Edinburgh weigting allowance and removed the one for London would that make Londoners lazy, subsidy junkies?

I know you don't understand this or pretend not to but you work in pensions, how do you feel about the massive subsidy given to non Scots pensioners in the UK whether that be state or private?

You said you didn't want Scotland to be subsidised with the Barnett formula, how do you feel about the rest of the country subsidising London through the weighting allowance and better pensions? 

You are still pedalling the London myth, Doug. London will be a powerhouse, regardless of whether Scotland is separate or not. Always has been and always will be. Our geographical location will always hinder us. London is the foremost financial hub in the world with market forces dictating salaries and house prices there. The idea that London tax receipts somehow damage Scotland, is for the birds. Wealth generated by London is trickled out across the UK regions and we benefit substantially from that.

I have previously detailed to you, exactly what Scotland spends and highlighted the £13bn shortfall that is covered by rUK. "Potential ", "faith ", "hope " are all laudable concepts but they don't pay the bills.

It's not up to me to prove the worth of the UK, although the furlough scheme and the fantastic vaccine procurement programme does it for me, it's for the SNP to show how it would fill the black hole in the budget. They've had years to do so but have never come up with an sensible economic or currency proposals whatsoever. Wanting Scots to make decisions or wishing to create a "fairer" society means nothing when up against economic realities.

Russia Today man Salmond is a Putin asset like his old sparring partner Trump was and the SNP their useful idiots. Bungling half-wits are a pawn in their effort to carve up Britain. The SNP bribe n lie student union manifesto is straight out of the Trump Russia maga playbook and backed by a similar legion of bots and trolls.

Edited by JackLadd

coconut doug
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You are still pedalling the London myth, Doug. London will be a powerhouse, regardless of whether Scotland is separate or not. Always has been and always will be. Our geographical location will always hinder us. London is the foremost financial hub in the world with market forces dictating salaries and house prices there. The idea that London tax receipts somehow damage Scotland, is for the birds. Wealth generated by London is trickled out across the UK regions and we benefit substantially from that.

I have previously detailed to you, exactly what Scotland spends and highlighted the £13bn shortfall that is covered by rUK. "Potential ", "faith ", "hope " are all laudable concepts but they don't pay the bills.

It's not up to me to prove the worth of the UK, although the furlough scheme and the fantastic vaccine procurement programme does it for me, it's for the SNP to show how it would fill the black hole in the budget. They've had years to do so but have never come up with an sensible economic or currency proposals whatsoever. Wanting Scots to make decisions or wishing to create a "fairer" society means nothing when up against economic realities.

London's position is changing. It's just been overtaken by Amsterdam as Europe's top share dealing hub. https://www.ft.com/content/3dad4ef3-59e8-437e-8f63-f629a5b7d0aa Many institutions are moving to Frankfurt and Paris. The EU transaction tax was a major factor in our leaving the EU and unfortunately the worst effects of that are still to come. London remains though the major finanial hub for tax avoidance  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-corporate-tax-avoidance-havens-justice-network-dodging-a8933661.html New York is the biggest financial centre in the world.

It is our geography and natural resource that now gives us advantages that other countries do not have. These have been explained many times on here.Ireland is doing well with fewer advantages than us. 

Who is mentioning faith and hope and why have you put these words in quotes? i didn't use them.

Scotland doesnt spend all the money allocated as expenditure in gers everybody understands that. It's spent on our behalf and the costs of that spending are allocated to us.

The furlough scheme disproportionately subsidised the richer south. It's an absolute mystery to me as to why some people think this is achievement of the UK gov. All govs were doing similar. We got lucky throwing money at and waiving the responsibility for vaccines, not so good on death rates and PPE procurement though. England at one time had the highest death rate in the world. It's still very close to that now.

Why are you quoting the word fairer, i didn't use that either?

Are you able to explain why Scottish people continue to subsidise rUK with both both private and public pensions?

I've just explained to you how we redress the fiscal anomally that you claim is a black hole. We relocate government and relevant head offices to Scotland. We will pay more tax and London will pay less.

If we choose to leave the UK pound that will damage the pound significantly. The value of our currency will depend on the quality of our economy. It will not be manipulated to suit the City or London house prices to the detriment of all UK regions.

Basing your economy on a system that rips people and taxpayers off is not sustainable. 

The uk's levels of borrowing are unsustainable and we have the second most unequal society in the west. What could possibly go wrong?

Enzo Chiefo
5 hours ago, coconut doug said:

London's position is changing. It's just been overtaken by Amsterdam as Europe's top share dealing hub. https://www.ft.com/content/3dad4ef3-59e8-437e-8f63-f629a5b7d0aa Many institutions are moving to Frankfurt and Paris. The EU transaction tax was a major factor in our leaving the EU and unfortunately the worst effects of that are still to come. London remains though the major finanial hub for tax avoidance  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-corporate-tax-avoidance-havens-justice-network-dodging-a8933661.html New York is the biggest financial centre in the world.

It is our geography and natural resource that now gives us advantages that other countries do not have. These have been explained many times on here.Ireland is doing well with fewer advantages than us. 

Who is mentioning faith and hope and why have you put these words in quotes? i didn't use them.

Scotland doesnt spend all the money allocated as expenditure in gers everybody understands that. It's spent on our behalf and the costs of that spending are allocated to us.

The furlough scheme disproportionately subsidised the richer south. It's an absolute mystery to me as to why some people think this is achievement of the UK gov. All govs were doing similar. We got lucky throwing money at and waiving the responsibility for vaccines, not so good on death rates and PPE procurement though. England at one time had the highest death rate in the world. It's still very close to that now.

Why are you quoting the word fairer, i didn't use that either?

Are you able to explain why Scottish people continue to subsidise rUK with both both private and public pensions?

I've just explained to you how we redress the fiscal anomally that you claim is a black hole. We relocate government and relevant head offices to Scotland. We will pay more tax and London will pay less.

If we choose to leave the UK pound that will damage the pound significantly. The value of our currency will depend on the quality of our economy. It will not be manipulated to suit the City or London house prices to the detriment of all UK regions.

Basing your economy on a system that rips people and taxpayers off is not sustainable. 

The uk's levels of borrowing are unsustainable and we have the second most unequal society in the west. What could possibly go wrong?

Do you actually believe any of the nonsense you type?  Most of it is so biased that it's not worth challenging but to say of the vaccine that "Britain got lucky by throwing money and waiving responsibility ( at it)" is the comment of a bigoted and bitter individual.  You should be thankful and extremely grateful to the UK govt for appointing the right person to oversee the programme and to provide the funds to finance it. Sturgeon and her moronic ministers said at the time that it was "lunacy" and "idiotic" not to join the EU vaccine programme.  Had it been left to her, you would still be waiting for your jab!

On spending,  I've detailed several times what Scotland spends. The only thing "allocated" are the few reserved areas that remain, like defence and debt interest. Scotland spends £81bn each year, and defence is about 4% of our total spending.  It is in sole charge of all the nations main priority areas, education, health, policing with welfare powers too.  If Scotland had it's way, it would spend even more on "social protection", making our position even less sustainable.  We are propped up each year by a £13bn Barnett bonus, whether you choose to acknowledge that or not. Perhaps you could detail what areas, specifically welfare as it accounts for 40% of our total spend, that we would cut to reduce our deficit/GDP ratio. At present it's the highest in Europe and 4 times that of the UK. Don't say "Trident " because yearly costs wouldn't really make any difference to our position, it's simply an ideological argument, reheated from Greenham Common in the 1989s.

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Do you actually believe any of the nonsense you type?  Most of it is so biased that it's not worth challenging but to say of the vaccine that "Britain got lucky by throwing money and waiving responsibility ( at it)" is the comment of a bigoted and bitter individual.  You should be thankful and extremely grateful to the UK govt for appointing the right person to oversee the programme and to provide the funds to finance it. Sturgeon and her moronic ministers said at the time that it was "lunacy" and "idiotic" not to join the EU vaccine programme.  Had it been left to her, you would still be waiting for your jab!

On spending,  I've detailed several times what Scotland spends. The only thing "allocated" are the few reserved areas that remain, like defence and debt interest. Scotland spends £81bn each year, and defence is about 4% of our total spending.  It is in sole charge of all the nations main priority areas, education, health, policing with welfare powers too.  If Scotland had it's way, it would spend even more on "social protection", making our position even less sustainable.  We are propped up each year by a £13bn Barnett bonus, whether you choose to acknowledge that or not. Perhaps you could detail what areas, specifically welfare as it accounts for 40% of our total spend, that we would cut to reduce our deficit/GDP ratio. At present it's the highest in Europe and 4 times that of the UK. Don't say "Trident " because yearly costs wouldn't really make any difference to our position, it's simply an ideological argument, reheated from Greenham Common in the 1989s.

So now i'm a bigot, thats wonderful coming from somebody who thinks the way you do. Most of what i say is not worth challenging is what you say but what you mean is that you can't adequately challenge it or defend your own position. When i asked you about pensions and how Scots were subsidising rUK was i wrong and if so how. That should be easy to refute. It is after all your game. When you are selling pensions do you explain to your customers that they are likely to benefit less  than those south of the border?

Nevertheless you tell us that Scotland would spend even more on "social protection", making our position even less sustainable. How much do you think we could save by disentangleing ourselves from the rUK on our pensions? You do realise what social protesction is don't you. i ask because you dont seem to value it. You do know that most western democracies with better fiscal positions spend more per capita on social protection than we do in the UK or Scotland. They seem to realise that investing in their people is a good thing.

You told us a few days ago that you did not support Scotland receiving money from the Barnett formula and that you did not think Scotland should have borrowing powers. It doesn't have significant borrowing powers btw. You are now telling us now that money from London trickles out to the rest of the country and that is a good thing. Does that apply to government money or only private money?

Spending money on social protection as you describe it is a necessary function of goverrnment. It is also beneficial to all or should be.   

You tell us that Scotland is "funded" to about £81billlion. This is not true according to the Scottish government.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/scottish-budget-2020-21/pages/2/

We are not propped up by a Barnett bonus we only spend around £40 to £50 billion and the rest is allocated under one highly dubious accounting method (Gers). We do not have a deficit, the SG is duty bound to balance the books every year and prettt much has always done so.

Just answer one question Is it Scotland or London that is the outlier as far as the so-called fiscal balance is concerned? 

coconut doug
7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

given your expertise, are you a millionaire now?

If i tell you i'm very rich will that enhance your opinion of my level of expertise? 

"London will always be a financial powerhouse"

You do realise that over £1 TRILLION in assets and tens of thousands of finance jobs have been moved out of the City of London to the EU since Brexit?

I do admire those who try and use facts and common sense against the relentless tide of inanity from our resident unionists. Wasting your time but it is fun seeing their arguments getting more and more ludicrous as they see their precious union disappearing. Be fun on here after the upcoming election 

Edited by XB52

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Dont confuse them with facts 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

So now i'm a bigot, thats wonderful coming from somebody who thinks the way you do. Most of what i say is not worth challenging is what you say but what you mean is that you can't adequately challenge it or defend your own position. When i asked you about pensions and how Scots were subsidising rUK was i wrong and if so how. That should be easy to refute. It is after all your game. When you are selling pensions do you explain to your customers that they are likely to benefit less  than those south of the border?

Nevertheless you tell us that Scotland would spend even more on "social protection", making our position even less sustainable. How much do you think we could save by disentangleing ourselves from the rUK on our pensions? You do realise what social protesction is don't you. i ask because you dont seem to value it. You do know that most western democracies with better fiscal positions spend more per capita on social protection than we do in the UK or Scotland. They seem to realise that investing in their people is a good thing.

You told us a few days ago that you did not support Scotland receiving money from the Barnett formula and that you did not think Scotland should have borrowing powers. It doesn't have significant borrowing powers btw. You are now telling us now that money from London trickles out to the rest of the country and that is a good thing. Does that apply to government money or only private money?

Spending money on social protection as you describe it is a necessary function of goverrnment. It is also beneficial to all or should be.   

You tell us that Scotland is "funded" to about £81billlion. This is not true according to the Scottish government.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/scottish-budget-2020-21/pages/2/

We are not propped up by a Barnett bonus we only spend around £40 to £50 billion and the rest is allocated under one highly dubious accounting method (Gers). We do not have a deficit, the SG is duty bound to balance the books every year and prettt much has always done so.

Just answer one question Is it Scotland or London that is the outlier as far as the so-called fiscal balance is concerned? 

So, you believe Scotland subsidises London salaries and now pensions.  You believe Scotland does not get a £13bn Barnett bonus, and you think Scotland should spend more on welfare. You think we should create a more "equal" society. People are not equal so I'm not sure what that even means. Sturgeon has confirmed NO income tax rises for 5 years. You also think the UK was "lucky" with the vaccine procurement.  Wow. I best leave you to your own Meghan Markle style version of the "truth" because I can't debate with that level of flat earth delusion.  You and the SNP deserve each other.

Doesn't matter.

As long as the SNP don't get an overall majority (something that's supposed to be impossible in our voting system), they'll claim a Unionist victory.

2011 was an aberration that needed hundreds of things to line up perfectly to provide an overall single party majority.

Enzo Chiefo
14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Dont confuse them with facts 

Yes, it's not a currency they trade in. The delusion is truly staggering though.

coconut doug

Yes, it's not a currency they trade in. The delusion is truly staggering though.

Are you able to tell us which one of the UK's economic regions is the outlier?   Clue; It's not Scotland.

coconut doug

So, you believe Scotland subsidises London salaries and now pensions.  You believe Scotland does not get a £13bn Barnett bonus, and you think Scotland should spend more on welfare. You think we should create a more "equal" society. People are not equal so I'm not sure what that even means. Sturgeon has confirmed NO income tax rises for 5 years. You also think the UK was "lucky" with the vaccine procurement.  Wow. I best leave you to your own Meghan Markle style version of the "truth" because I can't debate with that level of flat earth delusion.  You and the SNP deserve each other.

Most people and societies at least pay some regard to the notion of equality. Some take steps to promote it as well although some like ours clearly do not do enough. You claim you don't even know what it is which i suppose is borne out by the distaste you have expressed for the disbursement of funds from the centre to the provinces. Impoverishing people diminishes us all. Do you know what the the money you describe as social protection is spent on? Do you only grudge it to Scots? How would you suggest we fix our societal ills if you don't want to fund social protection?

Are you denying that Londoners have their salaries increased by the weighting allowance and that it impacts on our Gers figures?

How do you think it works with penions? Is it not the prematurely dead that subsiise the rest and is it not Scots who are more likely to die young in the UK? Do you work with pension funds that actuarially reduce premiums or increase payouts to Scottish people? if you do i'd like to know which companies they are.

I have little interest in what Sturgeon or Markle are telling you so why quote them to me?

Clearly you think that paying massively over the odds for the vaccine and waiving any rights of litigation against the manufacturers at the expense of the most vulnerable elsewhere is he way to go. Even Johnson said the deals were done because of greed. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56504546 What do you think will happen the next time the UK needs the asistance of the international community? 

Konrad von Carstein

Some of our more vocal uni's fit that description...delusion and or rage fit nicely with some of them...

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

Are you able to tell us which one of the UK's economic regions is the outlier?   Clue; It's not Scotland.

Strange use of the word "outlier". London is a fantastic, global city and it's tax revenues help all parts of the UK. It is an outlier in the same way that Messi is an outlier for Barcelona. Exceptionalism is good.  We are not all the same.

6 hours ago, Cade said:

"London will always be a financial powerhouse"

You do realise that over £1 TRILLION in assets and tens of thousands of finance jobs have been moved out of the City of London to the EU since Brexit?

Many financial institutions have also opened offices in the EU however the EU said they will be checking on these offices to see if they are staffed and not just some empty shells with the address the only function they provide whilst the business takes place in the U.K. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

What fantasy bribe is she offering today? Free rides at the shows in Portie?

Do you charge her rent?

49 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Do you charge her rent?

Its hilarious that the rabid anti-NS posters are glued to their TV or radio every day to hear her words. Meanwhile I think I've seen the daily updates about 3 times since they started. I think I read they had stopped for the election anyway so no idea what they'll do with themselves now

11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Its hilarious that the rabid anti-NS posters are glued to their TV or radio every day to hear her words. Meanwhile I think I've seen the daily updates about 3 times since they started. I think I read they had stopped for the election anyway so no idea what they'll do with themselves now

Just let her lie her head off is the cult's hilariously rabid position. I know. 

dobmisterdobster
7 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Many financial institutions have also opened offices in the EU however the EU said they will be checking on these offices to see if they are staffed and not just some empty shells with the address the only function they provide whilst the business takes place in the U.K. 

This is very common in business. Apple's entire international sales are funnelled through one bloke living in the Channel Islands.

Over a quarter of a million US companies are based out of a single building with a PO box in Delaware.

132goals1958
8 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

This is very common in business. Apple's entire international sales are funnelled through one bloke living in the Channel Islands.

Over a quarter of a million US companies are based out of a single building with a PO box in Delaware.

Delaware — Offers a tax shelter with an appropriately named Court of Chancery 

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

No surprise the sleepy Joe represented that State for so many years then. 

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No surprise the sleepy Joe represented that State for so many years then. 

Jesus wept

jambos are go!

Noticed on the BBC Campaign show last night that an ardent Independence campaign leader said that many doubted the SNP was going to call a referendum in the next Parliament and had probably given up on Independence.

It should be on the iPlayer.

4 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Noticed on the BBC Campaign show last night that an ardent Independence campaign leader said that many doubted the SNP was going to call a referendum in the next Parliament and had probably given up on Independence.

It should be on the iPlayer.

Under the comedy section?

dobmisterdobster

Giving up on Independence and just being a pro-Scottish party would be good for the SNP and Scotland as a whole.