The rise and fall of The SNP.

9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Alex Salmond has been clever. Not once has he stuck the boot in to Sturgeon since the campaigning started and actually praised her for the handling of COVID pandemic in the above video. Sturgeon on the other hand has been vindictive and nasty about Salmond something which I don’t think will be lost on folk.  

Im not sure open support for the Alba party can come from the SNP. If the “Alba regional vote” route to supermajority doesn’t work then the Greens will be much harder to deal with if SNP actively attempted to push voters away from them. 

Videos like the above help persuade people to do so without risking destroying a SNP-Greens relationship if it fails. 

Green was going to be my regional vote. Now it’ll likely be Alba but I’ll keep an eye on polling to see what way it’s going. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Footballfirst

I didn't know that the SFA was putting up candidates at the election. Here's their manifesto regardless.

8 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Im not sure open support for the Alba party can come from the SNP. If the “Alba regional vote” route to supermajority doesn’t work then the Greens will be much harder to deal with if SNP actively attempted to push voters away from them. 

Videos like the above help persuade people to do so without risking destroying a SNP-Greens relationship if it fails. 

Green was going to be my regional vote. Now it’ll likely be Alba but I’ll keep an eye on polling to see what way it’s going. 

She made a promise along with the other political party leaders in the last Parliament debate to leave the poison of the past behind and actually start to debate the issues. The only person so far I have seen doing that is Alex Salmond. 

Roxy Hearts
46 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Simply put the most talented politician in the country. Absolutely tremendous from Alex Salmond. 

Agreed. Very intelligent man. Has his faults but what human hasn't!

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think everyone would love a bigger state pension but to not question how it's paid for and what we would have to sacrifice is naïve.

I vote we sacrifice billionaires' offshore tax-free accounts, personally.

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I think Zimbabwe pays a better state pension than Boris and Co does...

(Not really but you get the point I'm driving here).

I do indeed.  :icon14:

manaliveits105

snp party political broadcast just on  with stereo typical ginger girl and at one stage lots of tv screens with Nicoliar’s face - deary me - megalomania in the extreme 

good to see Alex saying if supermajority achieved we will just go straight to negotiating Indy with no referendum

he must be a UK government plant to derail independence as that should sway don’t knows to say aye that will be right and not vote for snp

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I think Zimbabwe pays a better state pension than Boris and Co does...

(Not really but you get the point I'm driving here).

Talking shite as usual?

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Simply put the most talented politician in the country. Absolutely tremendous from Alex Salmond. 

The bar is pretty low in Scotland remember. 

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

snp party political broadcast just on  with stereo typical ginger girl and at one stage lots of tv screens with Nicoliar’s face - deary me - megalomania in the extreme 

good to see Alex saying if supermajority achieved we will just go straight to negotiating Indy with no referendum

he must be a UK government plant to derail independence as that should sway don’t knows to say aye that will be right and not vote for snp

Who, apart from the die hard Nat fanatics, would even consider voting for any of those charlatans, Greens, Alibaba or the SNP?? Can you imagine a Brussels controlled Scotland with dangerous fanatics like Sturgeon, Salmond, Harvie and Tommy Sheridan running about off their leashes??:jj_facepalm:

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who, apart from the die hard Nat fanatics, would even consider voting for any of those charlatans, Greens, Alibaba or the SNP?? Can you imagine a Brussels controlled Scotland with dangerous fanatics like Sturgeon, Salmond, Harvie and Tommy Sheridan running about off their leashes??:jj_facepalm:

More than half thecountry

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, scott herbertson said:

More than half thecountry

Well half the country aren't interested enough in Scottish elections to even bother voting. But you're right...nearly half of those who do. Which still doesn't answer my question, although it's probably rhetorical. 

Roxy Hearts
18 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What about Britnats? Absolute roasters.

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Well half the country aren't interested enough in Scottish elections to even bother voting. But you're right...nearly half of those who do. Which still doesn't answer my question, although it's probably rhetorical. 

I thought it was factual, hence my answer

🙂

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I thought it was factual, hence my answer

🙂

With a few tweaks to "Slightly less than half of the electorate who are interested enough to vote", your answer is indeed factual.👍

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sounds like the worst S&M party imaginable 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

These are the eff wits, liars and scoundrels the heather brained dafties put their faith in. Just ignore all the weather warnings and set sail with this mob of reprobates. No compass required moral or otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What about Britnats? Absolute roasters.

Brexit happened and a trade deal with it. Try and catch up min.

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

These are the eff wits, liars and scoundrels the heather brained dafties put their faith in. Just ignore all the weather warnings and set sail with this mob of reprobates. No compass required moral or otherwise. 

The Old Labour voters.

Promised free stuff, paid for by others, band wagon jumpers.

Always someone else’s fault for your failures.

I have never felt held back by England , nor are my kids.

But then we are successful.

Roxy Hearts
12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Brexit happened and a trade deal with it. Try and catch up min.

Still roasters though, eh?

Auld Reekin'
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The Old Labour voters.

And yet not in any way smug - well done you...   :thumbs_up:

9 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The Old Labour voters.

That's the irony about these old Lab parochial born again flag shaggers. They still want something for nothing (which they are now getting btw) but have gone so far down the SNP rabbit hole that they actually believe an iScotland will be some  tartan Xanadu with them having their Walkers Premium shortbread and eating it. 

Enzo Chiefo
16 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The Old Labour voters.

Yip. Old Labour and now SNP deliberately create "victims" and deploy an "othering" philosophy, creating an "enemy" (Tories, WM,England etc) to maintain their "vulnerability " and retain their support,  thus keeping themselves in power. They have no real interest in seeing people progress or prosper as they will then cease to be "needy". Keep them down, throw freebies and promises at them and so it goes on. 

Scotland has been stuck in this cycle for decades and it's a national embarrassment. 

The Red Wall was demolished in the north of England at the 2019 GE, indeed the Tories are tipped to gain Hartlepool, with nearly 50% of the vote, at the forthcoming by-election there. Scotland though is crying out to ditch the old stereotypes

Spitonastranger
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Worry about your own party jockey 

jambostuart
7 hours ago, gjcc said:

I'm a green voter on the regional and will remain so. My concern with Alba is they will dilute the independence vote. If both yourself and I live in the same region and you go Alba and I go Green, does that not then defeat the purpose of having an additional independence supporting party? Has anyone questioned Salmond on how this may affect the results come voting?

I was previously in support of another independence supporting party however do fear that splitting the regional vote 3 ways between Greens, SNP and Alba will instead end up with Unionist parties taking advantage of indy supporters splitting the vote, particularly due to the way the voting formula works with the regional.

HartleyLegend3
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It is a burden when there are not enough taxpayers to fund all the demands on the system. The problem in this country is too many people expect the state to do everything for them.  There are constant demands for more and more money to be thrown at everything from the NHS, benefits, pensions etc. Why not compare unemployment benefit, or benefits in general? Why do you think migrants hot foot it through France to get to the UK? Because they wouldn't get access to anything like the level of benefits that they do in the UK. In Spain, you get only 1 year of unemployment benefit, albeit at the same rate of pay as your previous job, and then you're on your own. 

But the lazy default in this country is always...boooo! Britain bad!

• Out of 28 member states in the EU, the UK ranks ninth in terms of numbers of applications, the UK received just fewer than 40 thousand asylum applications. Germany had over 400 thousand, ten times as many.
  • Today, for all sorts of reasons, refugee numbers are climbing, the number of forcibly displaced people worldwide had risen to 65.6 million, up 6.1 million from 2014. But the vast majority of refugees (88%) live in developing countries, not wealthy industrialized ones.
  • And because the UK gets relatively few asylum applicants, we host fewer refugees – less than 1% of the global total. Turkey by contrast hosts the largest number of refugees of any country: it is currently giving sanctuary to 2.5 million Syrian refugees, while Jordan and Lebanon host 1.7 million between them. By the end of 2016 the UK had resettled 5,706 Syrian refugees.

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The Old Labour voters.

:pleasing:

10 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The Old Labour voters.

Exactly. Don’t know how they account for the huge amount of successful people in this country. Maybe someone should tell them that your vote doesn’t actually stop you getting of your arse and making  success of your life regardless who wins an election. 

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yip. Old Labour and now SNP deliberately create "victims" and deploy an "othering" philosophy, creating an "enemy" (Tories, WM,England etc) to maintain their "vulnerability " and retain their support,  thus keeping themselves in power. They have no real interest in seeing people progress or prosper as they will then cease to be "needy". Keep them down, throw freebies and promises at them and so it goes on. 

Scotland has been stuck in this cycle for decades and it's a national embarrassment. 

The Red Wall was demolished in the north of England at the 2019 GE, indeed the Tories are tipped to gain Hartlepool, with nearly 50% of the vote, at the forthcoming by-election there. Scotland though is crying out to ditch the old stereotypes

Nail on the head Enzo. 

Someone in the pay of the Russian Govt is about to have a massive impact on the politics of this country and large swathes of Scotland are happy to turn a blind eye because independence transcends everything.

Its happening in plain sight. 

Got to hand it to Alexie Salmondski for the sheer brass-neckedness of it all. He's taking people for mugs and they are actually grateful. 

34 minutes ago, Candy said:

Someone in the pay of the Russian Govt is about to have a massive impact on the politics of this country and large swathes of Scotland are happy to turn a blind eye because independence transcends everything.

Its happening in plain sight. 

Got to hand it to Alexie Salmondski for the sheer brass-neckedness of it all. He's taking people for mugs and they are actually grateful. 

He's leaving himself open with this. 

coconut doug
14 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The Old Labour voters.

You got the "free stuff" and still do and you get it in larger quantities than almost anybody else. Who funded your education and who continues to do so with all the courses you still attend? Who paid for your student grant over an extended period? Who pays for your services and insulates you from the real world? Who pays for the premises you have used and the materials you use? GPs have a more than generous settlement from the taxpayer and yet you constatly bleat about how much tax you pay while simultaneously telling us you are successful. Clearly if you are not getting as much money as you think you merit then you are not that successful especially since in your case money seems to be the only thing you care about and is the measure of success for you. 

By free stuff i imagine you mean free prescriptions to those who are ill. What sort of human being, never mind doctor grudges people their medicine? You will no doubt be prescribing stuff that is beneficial to you i.e. you will get some sort of inducement to prescribe one drug over another irrespective of its efficay to either the patient or the public purse. In common with most GPs you will also be exploiting nurses and community health staff who will be doing tasks that you should be doing. It is a widespread misuse of public funds which you wont admit to because it is fraudulent. At the same time you will charge exhorbitant rates for filling out a form or providing a medical inspection for someone seeking employment. 

Your posts are way off the scale for arrogance and entitlement. You would not last very long in the real world with the skill set of the average GP. What could you do without the taxpayer funded NHS? I can't see the public buying your elixirs and investing in a knowledge base so easily accessible on the internet. What can you offer without the diagnostic freebies we get from the NHS? Virtually nothing is my guess. 

It might be an idea in an Indy Scotland to dispense with the bureacratic and financial burden of the GP service and direct our funding to the front line clinicians. We can provide the triage service offered by the GPs in a much more efficient and tax friendly way.

Why do you keep telling us you don't feel held back by England? Who is claiming that they are and what do you think it even means?

Ron Burgundy
18 hours ago, Justin Z said:

I vote we sacrifice billionaires' offshore tax-free accounts, personally.

I'm 100% behind that. Are there enough Scots billionaires to sacrifice post independence to double our state pension? If that's the plan count me in.

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You got the "free stuff" and still do and you get it in larger quantities than almost anybody else. Who funded your education and who continues to do so with all the courses you still attend? Who paid for your student grant over an extended period? Who pays for your services and insulates you from the real world? Who pays for the premises you have used and the materials you use? GPs have a more than generous settlement from the taxpayer and yet you constatly bleat about how much tax you pay while simultaneously telling us you are successful. Clearly if you are not getting as much money as you think you merit then you are not that successful especially since in your case money seems to be the only thing you care about and is the measure of success for you. 

By free stuff i imagine you mean free prescriptions to those who are ill. What sort of human being, never mind doctor grudges people their medicine? You will no doubt be prescribing stuff that is beneficial to you i.e. you will get some sort of inducement to prescribe one drug over another irrespective of its efficay to either the patient or the public purse. In common with most GPs you will also be exploiting nurses and community health staff who will be doing tasks that you should be doing. It is a widespread misuse of public funds which you wont admit to because it is fraudulent. At the same time you will charge exhorbitant rates for filling out a form or providing a medical inspection for someone seeking employment. 

Your posts are way off the scale for arrogance and entitlement. You would not last very long in the real world with the skill set of the average GP. What could you do without the taxpayer funded NHS? I can't see the public buying your elixirs and investing in a knowledge base so easily accessible on the internet. What can you offer without the diagnostic freebies we get from the NHS? Virtually nothing is my guess. 

It might be an idea in an Indy Scotland to dispense with the bureacratic and financial burden of the GP service and direct our funding to the front line clinicians. We can provide the triage service offered by the GPs in a much more efficient and tax friendly way.

Why do you keep telling us you don't feel held back by England? Who is claiming that they are and what do you think it even means?

Oooft. The Doug bot has administered some serious smack down on the docs mega successful ass here :lol:  

12 hours ago, jambostuart said:

I'm a green voter on the regional and will remain so. My concern with Alba is they will dilute the independence vote. If both yourself and I live in the same region and you go Alba and I go Green, does that not then defeat the purpose of having an additional independence supporting party? Has anyone questioned Salmond on how this may affect the results come voting?

I was previously in support of another independence supporting party however do fear that splitting the regional vote 3 ways between Greens, SNP and Alba will instead end up with Unionist parties taking advantage of indy supporters splitting the vote, particularly due to the way the voting formula works with the regional.

Yes. You’re right. Which is why I’m keeping an eye on the polling. Yesterday it looked like the tide was changing towards Alba but the poll info released this morning suggests green are in fact gaining. I’ll not make my mind up fully any time soon. :lol: 

16 hours ago, weehammy said:

Simply the most egotistical creep, already rejected by voters in a UK election and described as a ‘sex pest’ by his own lawyer. His Alba stunt has zero to do with an independence supermajority and everything to do with his quest for revenge on Sturgeon’s gang.

No he wasn't - and The Times is currently subject to a legal complaint for reporting the same, so be careful.

16 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The Old Labour voters.

Sometimes it is.

No-one asks to be born into circumstances that will diminissh their life chances, so voting for party that aims for a fairer society , distributing wealth more evenly, seems somthing worth voting for.

Just now, felix said:

No he wasn't - and The Times is currently subject to a legal complaint for reporting the same, so be careful.

Sometimes it is.

No-one asks to be born into circumstances that will diminissh their life chances, so voting for party that aims for a fairer society , distributing wealth more evenly, seems somthing worth voting for.

But that would stop some people being quite as “successful.”

So a Google sized hole in the Snp's economy and accounts but all can be fixed by a supurmajoarity and march oan London. The Eck pest of Alba arm in arm wae wee ginger nae lips as they pass by English toons tae demand freedumb! Expenses all met by Barnett n Co.

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

So a Google sized hole in the Snp's economy and accounts but all can be fixed by a supurmajoarity and march oan London. The Eck pest of Alba arm in arm wae wee ginger nae lips as they pass by English toons tae demand freedumb! Expenses all met by Barnett n Co.

Hole in the economy aye? What economy? The one Westminster creates for us? That economy?

Tell me honestly, how has the £2Trillion PLUS pounds of national debt affected your everyday life?

Scotland can't borrow money.

It HAS TO balance the books each year based on the grant given by London.

The Scottish Parliament has been given limited powers to raise extra revenue by changing tax brackets but it's obvious that this won't ever be used in a way that affects any large amount of the population as it will be used as a political football and for that reason the tax brackets have only changed by a few pennies each way.

Westminster, on the other hand, choses to borrow eye watering amounts and shovel it into the pockets of their pals and then make the general population pay for the interest. :rofl:

Wtf has Salmond and this Russian TV programme got to do with Scottish elections? He wasn’t in politics at the time and it was a totally independent broadcast.  Why was he being asked his opinion about Salisbury poisoning? What the **** has that got to do with him or anything remotely to do with the Scottish elections? How can anyone come to the conclusion that Alex Salmond is some sort of undercover agent working for Russia?

🤦‍♀️

I have just listened to the bbc radio broadcast and Salmond absolutely roasted the interviewer. 

21 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It is a burden when there are not enough taxpayers to fund all the demands on the system. The problem in this country is too many people expect the state to do everything for them.  There are constant demands for more and more money to be thrown at everything from the NHS, benefits, pensions etc. Why not compare unemployment benefit, or benefits in general? Why do you think migrants hot foot it through France to get to the UK? Because they wouldn't get access to anything like the level of benefits that they do in the UK. In Spain, you get only 1 year of unemployment benefit, albeit at the same rate of pay as your previous job, and then you're on your own. 

But the lazy default in this country is always...boooo! Britain bad!

Unyet we can find the money to pay £BILLIONS in nuclear subs and additional warheads that nobody needs or even wants...BILLIONS that don't benefit anyone!

Government is there to support its citizens. Not the other way around.

People have lost sight of that.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Unyet we can find the money to pay £BILLIONS in nuclear subs and additional warheads that nobody needs or even wants...BILLIONS that don't benefit anyone!

Government is there to support its citizens. Not the other way around.

People have lost sight of that.

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Wtf has Salmond and this Russian TV programme got to do with Scottish elections? He wasn’t in politics at the time and it was a totally independent broadcast.  Why was he being asked his opinion about Salisbury poisoning? What the **** has that got to do with him or anything remotely to do with the Scottish elections? How can anyone come to the conclusion that Alex Salmond is some sort of undercover agent working for Russia?

🤦‍♀️

I have just listened to the bbc radio broadcast and Salmond absolutely roasted the interviewer. 

Because people like to bring irrelevant stuff to the table to attempt to discredit rather than answer the questions posed to them. 

It’s pretty easy to do. 
Like When BJ was trying to make pals with Putin whilst BJ was foreign Secretary. He probably regrets it now. 

Roxy Hearts
53 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

🤦‍♀️

British propaganda as usual. They'll just jump on any negative story and either embellish or contort it. Alex normally roasts interviewers. Good on him and need more of it especially from the SNP!