The rise and fall of The SNP.

At least Neilson can draw inspiration from the teflon dear leader. Nae need to worry wee man. Untouchable. Onwards and upwards. Nothing to see. 🙈🙉🙊

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

You think Scotland is so inherently shit that we're not?

Pretty much...Over half the country working in public sector. No big companies. Oil too expensive to extract. We'd be looking at 2-3 generations of extreme pain...

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, H2 said:

I don't think it's relevant to the issues of the "serious flaws" being made by our own government, and the situation of why so many of the Scottish electorate think its acceptable. Because the Tories do wrong it appears to some, to make it alright for our Government to do wrong. The Scottish Government has become as bad as Westminster.

Of ****ing course it's relevant! They are hypocritical opportunists - The SG does have lessons to learn though...

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Of ****ing course it's relevant! They are hypocritical opportunists - The SG does have lessons to learn though...

It's better to get your own house in order before worrying about those outside, and when it goes out of order, as it is just now, it's better to hold your hands up and for the responsible people to take their medicine.

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, H2 said:

It's better to get your own house in order before worrying about those outside, and when it goes out of order, as it is just now, it's better to hold your hands up and for the responsible people to take their medicine.

The FACT that those in Westminster have behaved with Caligula like disdain for morals, respect for parliament and the union means you can pop that post in a black bin back and put it in the landfill bin. Cheers!

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Calm yourself ffs, it’s one thing after another in Westminster on a daily basis. Whether you or anyone accepts it she’s been exonerated I’m afraid. Independence is just around the corner, get used to it. 

A typical patronising "Calm yourself"! I find it surprising that a gentleman of your intelligence can interpret "Serious Flaws" to being exonerated. She has been judged by an adviser to the Scottish Government, who pay his wages, the Scottish Government headed by The First Minister. It's about as unbiased as the SFA judgement and the SPFL relegating Hearts.

3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

The FACT that those in Westminster have behaved with Caligula like disdain for morals, respect for parliament and the union means you can pop that post in a black bin back and put it in the landfill bin. Cheers!

That's an opinion of yours, not a fact. Cheers!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, H2 said:

A typical patronising "Calm yourself"! I find it surprising that a gentleman of your intelligence can interpret "Serious Flaws" to being exonerated. She has been judged by an adviser to the Scottish Government, who pay his wages, the Scottish Government headed by The First Minister. It's about as unbiased as the SFA judgement and the SPFL relegating Hearts.

The guy is apparently beyond approach, you surely don’t trust the goons on the committee? 
Politics is a dirty business, I had hoped we were better in this country than that but it’s nowhere near as good as it should be. 
We can only hope that after independence we get a higher standard of government, all bets are off. It’s the only way to get rid of Sturgeon and the SNP. 
Apologies for the patronising post, I had just watched our worst result in living memory.  

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

At least Neilson can draw inspiration from the teflon dear leader. Nae need to worry wee man. Untouchable. Onwards and upwards. Nothing to see. 🙈🙉🙊

Just seen this. At least we can agree on that. 

7EFE41FE-5C93-47E7-B043-777EDB6EDFC0.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just seen this. At least we can agree on that. 

7EFE41FE-5C93-47E7-B043-777EDB6EDFC0.jpeg

An accurate front page for a wee change from The National (disgrace😆

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

An accurate front page for a wee change from The National (disgrace😆

Right no ***** leaves until we find out what ***** did this 😆😂?!?!

C2B19DF4-009A-471F-9DBA-58BBDC79FE9F.jpeg

Unknown user
8 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Pretty much...Over half the country working in public sector. No big companies. Oil too expensive to extract. We'd be looking at 2-3 generations of extreme pain...

So that means we're too shit to be independent? We need England holding our hand to exist?

You asked if anyone seriously thinks we're capable of independence - I do, why would loads of other small countries be capable of it while we're not?

manaliveits105

We might be unfortunately the Scottish nationaliar party don’t have a scooby on how country would be run - what currency - how many years of austerity (the thing they bang on about ) how to get out of deficit - how much extra tax - how the split would affect arrangements with England on export/import borders - oil is a dead duck in coming years - how long before EU would let us in and after recent events would we want to rejoin would they guarantee River City will be cancelled - will they move the TV companies to the capital - No but but bloody toaries - William Wallace - freeeeeedumb

Ram it until somebody trustworthy comes up with detailed facts not fairy tales 

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

If a level minded person were to dispassionately judge the outcome of 14 years of the SNP in power,  I can't imagine they would recommend backing them all-in to deliver an adequately succesful independent Scotland, given than it has taken them many years and a lot of money, to make a mess of , for example, many hospitals,  internal SNP complaints by people in the SNP about people in the SNP, the Named Person Act, the scrapped Offensive Behaviour at Football Act, the personal handling of the drug death situation by Nicola Sturgeon, the 'judge me on education' shtick- when she kens well a lot of Scottish nationalist can't ever judge her on anything. 

And that is just the ones I thought of. There are a lot more than that. 

And if you pause to consider the utter, sheer waste of millions of pounds that the SNP leadership don't appear to consider as relevant. (Because they know that the majority of supporters of Scottish Independence will just automatically accept their narrative without question)

If you think Scotland is capable of Indepence, then why aren't you paying attention to the facts of what happens in Scotland and start from there?

Drivel!! 😠😡😠😤😤😠

12 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Another oil expert. Happy to be informed of the relevant lifting costs in the North Sea (excluding the mariner platform) if you can.

So that means we're too shit to be independent? We need England holding our hand to exist?

You asked if anyone seriously thinks we're capable of independence - I do, why would loads of other small countries be capable of it while we're not?

Depends what you're definition of capable is. If you fancy serious economic regression then yes we are capable. If you interpret it as thriving then no - we are part of an island on the very edge of Europe with no direct trade links to anywhere except England and N Ireland. We don't even had a deep water port. Our main industries are salmon which is over-farmed, whisky which is over-taxed, and the ubiquitous tourism...

At the moment we are in the Athens of the North. If you fancy being in the Albania of the north instead then go for it...

29 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Another oil expert. Happy to be informed of the relevant lifting costs in the North Sea (excluding the mariner platform) if you can.

I worked several years in the oil industry.

dobmisterdobster

Regardless of whether you support independence or not. You must realise Oil is not our or anybody's future.

Saudi Arabia knows this. We can't kid ourselves about it either.

A Boy Named Crow
26 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Regardless of whether you support independence or not. You must realise Oil is not our or anybody's future.

Saudi Arabia knows this. We can't kid ourselves about it either.

The company my wife works for is a big Australian energy firm that is now investing heavily in future fuels. Their view (unimpeded by a "cannae dae it" complex) is that Scotland is likely to become a "renewables superpower".

You can shove the oil up your Kevin Carter,  Scotland could save the planet...

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Depends what you're definition of capable is. If you fancy serious economic regression then yes we are capable. If you interpret it as thriving then no - we are part of an island on the very edge of Europe with no direct trade links to anywhere except England and N Ireland. We don't even had a deep water port. Our main industries are salmon which is over-farmed, whisky which is over-taxed, and the ubiquitous tourism...

At the moment we are in the Athens of the North. If you fancy being in the Albania of the north instead then go for it...

It was you that used the word, and  you were talking about this whole Salmond thing, as if this episode proves Scotland is too rubbish to run it's own affairs.

Anyway, it would be different, but we'd be gaining access to a market of nearly half a billion people, Europe's not that far away.

And we'd have a say in which shower of wankers are running the country, be able to hold them accountable and have a national government aimed at Scotland's best interests, not London's.

Ron Burgundy
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It was you that used the word, and  you were talking about this whole Salmond thing, as if this episode proves Scotland is too rubbish to run it's own affairs.

Anyway, it would be different, but we'd be gaining access to a market of nearly half a billion people, Europe's not that far away.

And we'd have a say in which shower of wankers are running the country, be able to hold them accountable and have a national government aimed at Scotland's best interests, not London's.

Sturgeon has proved that under her rule they are most definitely not accountable.

She is either a compulsive liar or has dementia. And still people think she is the answer.

And before anyone says something about Boris, I would personally like to see both these charlatans hung from a tree.

16 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Dont believe a word Sturgeon says anymore - when she remembers .

Didn't you say she'd have resigned by now?

manaliveits105

Shysters dont resign they go on getting away with it as long as people let them and the cult is happy for her to do anything she wants - her " independent " pal Hamilton saved her bacon despite her obvious dishonesty - hopefully the good Scottish people see through her.

funny how many snp msps are not standing again you would think they would be desperate to help with an indy ref. 

Unknown user
32 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Sturgeon has proved that under her rule they are most definitely not accountable.

She is either a compulsive liar or has dementia. And still people think she is the answer.

And before anyone says something about Boris, I would personally like to see both these charlatans hung from a tree.

Nicola sturgeon and independence aren't the same thing. She isn't the answer, it is.

18 hours ago, Spellczech said:

How many years has this rubbish rolled for? and nobody is guilty of anything and nobody is responsible for anything...Anyone seriously think we are capable of independence?

Only about 56% of us I would say.

The embarrassing thing about the whole affair is that the women who complained about Eck got nothing. The yoons then made a massive fuss about who said what to who and when and tried to get another woman in bother.

Ended up being a palava about heehaw all in the middle of the biggest pandemic in modern history that our First Minister has had to handle.

The tories then knowing full well it would fall on its arse pushed ahead with a vote of no confidence! And they are the first to harp on about "doing the day jobs".

The tories should die of embarrassment.

5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

We might be unfortunately the Scottish nationaliar party don’t have a scooby on how country would be run - what currency - how many years of austerity (the thing they bang on about ) how to get out of deficit - how much extra tax - how the split would affect arrangements with England on export/import borders - oil is a dead duck in coming years - how long before EU would let us in and after recent events would we want to rejoin would they guarantee River City will be cancelled - will they move the TV companies to the capital - No but but bloody toaries - William Wallace - freeeeeedumb

Ram it until somebody trustworthy comes up with detailed facts not fairy tales 

image.jpeg.ba85d04cac6dd324d01648a3834a7c39.jpeg

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

The embarrassing thing about the whole affair is that the women who complained about Eck got nothing. The yoons then made a massive fuss about who said what to who and when and tried to get another woman in bother.

Ended up being a palava about heehaw all in the middle of the biggest pandemic in modern history that our First Minister has had to handle.

The tories then knowing full well it would fall on its arse pushed ahead with a vote of no confidence! And they are the first to harp on about "doing the day jobs".

Sturgeon has been politiking all along with these poor women - absolutely shameful behaviour 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

a better answer than scottish national lite party offer I suppose 

Its happening. Coming down the tracks. 100%

Scottish Independence in all its glory.

You wont beat us.

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Sturgeon has been politiking all along with these poor women - absolutely shameful behaviour 

Nope, the names being leaked by the tolies and then leaking the results of the enquiry. shameful but that what you get from the toly unionists.

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

That was indeed my point - that the SNP have rounded on each other but still somehow nobody has done anything wrong and everything is swept under the metaphorical carpet. It doesn't bode well for an independent Scotland.

The Tories did what they did as they clearly saw what was going to happen and decided to be the party that would set themselves up to point the finger at least, whereas Labour, Greens Libdems and randoms just mildly sat by doing not very much at all.

Well I guess we'll see in May whether the Scottish people have an appetite for holding people accountable...

Seymour M Hersh

I see Eck is now vowing to lodge a Police Complaint. Hell hath no fury like an ex First Minister scorned it would seem. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see Eck is now vowing to lodge a Police Complaint. Hell hath no fury like an ex First Minister scorned it would seem. 

Not only that but taking Leslie Evans back to court of session again. Under what charge I do not know

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not only that but taking Leslie Evans back to court of session again. Under what charge I do not know

Well well. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Well I guess we'll see in May whether the Scottish people have an appetite for holding people accountable...

Aye, so anyway, you were saying Scotland is so completely shit it isn't capable of running it's own affairs - that's just ridiculous.

So he wants to move on but he doesn't mind the women not being able to move on.  Remember them?  Those who complained about someone who openly admitted has not behaved very well towards women.  I dare say the election campaign will contain plenty of comment about it all.  

The powerful man of poor behaviour and judgement moves on.  The woman civil servant doesn't move on.  The complainers don't move on.  The gutter arguments don't move on.

Edited by Victorian

Has Sturge said an iScotland would ban non electric new cars from 2030 on like the Toaries plan to? No doubt her wee green toad Harvie will shelve his eco principals if it affects his icash.

coconut doug
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So he wants to move on but he doesn't mind the women not being able to move on.  Remember them?  Those who complained about someone who openly admitted has not behaved very well towards women.  I dare say the election campaign will contain plenty of comment about it all.  

The powerful man of poor behaviour and judgement moves on.  The woman civil servant doesn't move on.  The complainers don't move on.  The gutter arguments don't move on.

The same women who were either  not believed or considered not to have a case. Then there were those who were demonstrably telling lies.

Nobody can tell me what he has done.

1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

The same women who were either  not believed or considered not to have a case. Then there were those who were demonstrably telling lies.

Nobody can tell me what he has done.

I just see a man who admitted (only because he had little choice) to behaving poorly towards women continuing to pursue a campaign to damage women who made mistakes,  that were recognised and apologised for,  as well as dragging out the episode for the women complainers at the centre of this.  

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Has Sturge said an iScotland would ban non electric new cars from 2030 on like the Toaries plan to? No doubt her wee green toad Harvie will shelve his eco principals if it affects his icash.

Ah good, back to regular levels of debate

27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Tbf I would be fairly bitter and not quick to let go false rape and sexual assault charges. I would be going for anyone and everyone involved in that.  

He has made three statements since getting released. Think he has been pretty respectful of due course. 

Edited by AlimOzturk