The rise and fall of The SNP.

No Idle Talk

Even if she had went and sat in front of that committee and said "I lied and I don't care what you think about that", there would still be huge swathes of people in this country who would shrug their shoulders and vote for her in May. All because she is promising them a second independence referendum. It's sad really. 

I voted Yes in 2014 but if she gets her way I am really not sure how I will vote the next time. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

They'll be proudly goose stepping through the corridors of Holyrood tonight.

index.jpg

EpN0jz_XEAIvcjL.jpg large.jpg

I knew you guys were struggling but Jesus

Konrad von Carstein
11 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

They'll be proudly goose stepping through the corridors of Holyrood tonight.

index.jpg

EpN0jz_XEAIvcjL.jpg large.jpg

Normal folk on the other hand think it's a (poorly executed) representation of a  Scottish Thistle head...

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

My guess is that she will stand down next year.  Closely followed by getting divorced.

:oohmatron:  Divorce next year? Now why would that be I wonder?

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Wouldn't trust her if she told me today was Monday.

It's Tuesday here - ambiguous questioning 

Roxy Hearts
14 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Even if she had went and sat in front of that committee and said "I lied and I don't care what you think about that", there would still be huge swathes of people in this country who would shrug their shoulders and vote for her in May. All because she is promising them a second independence referendum. It's sad really. 

I voted Yes in 2014 but if she gets her way I am really not sure how I will vote the next time. 

I vote SNP but don't want a referendum just now. 

No Idle Talk
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I vote SNP but don't want a referendum just now. 

I think there are a lot of people like that. If there was a referendum in the next year or so, how would you vote?

Roxy Hearts
8 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I think there are a lot of people like that. If there was a referendum in the next year or so, how would you vote?

Yes, of course but I'm prepared to wait. I'll always vote for independence as it's natural to be self governing. 

28 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

So what should the people who want independence do, in your view  ?

Stop wanting it/voting for it until/unless she was removed (assuming your scenario applies ) ? 

No Idle Talk
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Yes, of course but I'm prepared to wait. I'll always vote for independence as it's natural to be self governing. 

Aye. I agree with that and fundamentally that is what drove me to vote Yes in 2014. So much has changed since then though. I would say I'm a floating voter as far as Indyref2 goes. 

No Idle Talk
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

So what should the people who want independence do, in your view  ?

Stop wanting it/voting for it until/unless she was removed (assuming your scenario applies ) ? 

Well what they shouldn't do is support a First Minister who openly admits to being a liar(in my hypothetical scenario) or give the SNP a blank cheque to balls things up as much as they want as long as they deliver a second Independence referendum. 

Vote for another party that is pro Independence is probably the answer to your question. 

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I’m prepared to wait too . Still

thinks it too soon and the economy would still be the major stumbling block . In particular after covid is over . God knows what state we will Be in. 

14 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Aye. I agree with that and fundamentally that is what drove me to vote Yes in 2014. So much has changed since then though. I would say I'm a floating voter as far as Indyref2 goes. 

No I think I couldn’t forgive myself if I went into that ballot box and ticked no. Can’t see it happening 

Can nats get any more smug and self congratulatory? You'd think she was cleared for real and not by her own appointed hack who made no attempt to hold her accountable and just past the buck. 

No Idle Talk
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No I think I couldn’t forgive myself if I went into that ballot box and ticked no. Can’t see it happening 

I think I feel that way too. For me it would probably come down to a choice between voting for Independence or just not voting. 

13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Can nats get any more smug and self congratulatory? You'd think she was cleared for real and not by her own appointed hack who made no attempt to hold her accountable and just past the buck. 

Imagine if he never cleared her though, you would be loving it.

Shame.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Imagine if he never cleared her though, you would be loving it.

Shame.

He clearly had zero intention of holding her to account which should have been obvious from the get go. Genuinely her memory is shit and no malfeasance he says. Who believes this except her own clapping seacommunity?

Space Mackerel
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotlamd is rotten to the core and Sturgeon's pick n mix view of democracy will be on show again tomorrow.  She is damaged goods though and the country has the chance to send these divisive crooks and charlatans packing in May. Vote tactically and get them to ****.

You ok?

0E653B24-35E1-4DA0-999A-A0550D16324E.jpeg

23 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Just to be factually correct here; James Hamilton was appointed by Alex Salmond in 2013 and reappointed by Nicola Sturgeon in 2015. He was also appointed by the Welsh Parliament, so whilst partisan politics is all very well; it's pretty poor stuff to be having a go at James Hamilton just because he didn't give you the result you were looking for.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Just to be factually correct here; James Hamilton was appointed by Alex Salmond in 2013 and reappointed by Nicola Sturgeon in 2015. He was also appointed by the Welsh Parliament, so whilst partisan politics is all very well; it's pretty poor stuff to be having a go at James Hamilton just because he didn't give you the result you were looking for.

He's a QC, a highly qualified, highly respected expert in his field whose professional integrity and reputation are beyond reproach as far as I'm aware. In the lead up to this all sides agreed that he's neutral, independent, and that his judgement was the one to watch.

43 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

According to some posters this morning he was the independent and credible voice who was to be the final say on this enquiry. 

What changed ? 🤔 

JudyJudyJudy
50 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I think I feel that way too. For me it would probably come down to a choice between voting for Independence or just not voting. 

Yes same here . Although not voting would be like a no vote ? 

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Eh?  Ive been very clear regarding my lack of support for Sturgeon now.  No " true colours" coming out now. No surprises. Like i said most politicians are lying conniving scum bags  and in it for themselves really. Only politicians I have had any respect for have been Tony Benn, Jeremy Corbyn . Michael Foot and historically Clement Atlee.  I have had hardly interest in this carry on as its what i expect politicians to get up , Salmon , Sturgeon et al.  Vipers nest really.  The SNP will be propped up again by the Green snotters party in May.  Nothing new. 

It was your coven of witches assertion that I was meaning. 

Very macho. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It was your coven of witches assertion that I was meaning. 

Very macho. 

Men can be witches too ! 

Space Mackerel
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Am pishing myself.

I love English Brian btw. 🥰🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Enzo Chiefo
42 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You ok?

0E653B24-35E1-4DA0-999A-A0550D16324E.jpeg

Absolutely, Space Cadet. Looks like you've got problems at home there though. Hope you getting everything cleaned up before it's time to pop your SNP swastika on the window, ahead of the election.👍 

22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's a QC, a highly qualified, highly respected expert in his field whose professional integrity and reputation are beyond reproach as far as I'm aware. In the lead up to this all sides agreed that he's neutral, independent, and that his judgement was the one to watch.

Exactly. There's legitimate reasons to criticise the SNP Government and Sturgeon (the report actually criticises them for the delays in releasing information) but calling James Hamilton a stooge or referencing made up edits to his wikipedia page that he's a former member of the SNP is just dispiriting nonsense. If he had found her guilty of breaking the ministerial code, then no doubt there would have been nonsense from some on the independence side about him.

Social media has a lot to answer for.

Space Mackerel
22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Absolutely, Space Cadet. Looks like you've got problems at home there though. Hope you getting everything cleaned up before it's time to pop your SNP swastika on the window, ahead of the election.👍 

Swastika? 

Absolutely nowt left in the tank. 

:glorious:

Beats me how you can find any kind of joy from this tawdry, slimy episode. A bit like beating Brora on penalties- a win but should never have got in that situation in the first place.

Bit of a beamer to be honest.

Btw if anyone is like me and likes a laugh and also considers Wings Over Scotland to be a complete roaster; then his post on the Hamilton report today is great stuff. Toys royally launched out the pram.

Space Mackerel
20 minutes ago, westbow said:

Beats me how you can find any kind of joy from this tawdry, slimy episode. A bit like beating Brora on penalties- a win but should never have got in that situation in the first place.

It’s all over. Davidson is off to with mega tit manufacturer to the Lords and Tomkins is away too. 

All the Aces have been played now. 

maybe they can talk about policy now? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

It’s all over. Davidson is off to with mega tit manufacturer to the Lords and Tomkins is away too. 

All the Aces have been played now. 

maybe they can talk about policy now? 🤣

Don’t you just hate predictive texting. Honestly SM, I have no idea what the first paragraph means. 

I really don’t think it is over I terms of trust though, as I suspect a great deal of the population will be looking at NS slightly askew with narrowed eyes thinking “Hmmm, forget did you?”

Auld Reekin'
42 minutes ago, westbow said:

Well, one things for sure, you can bet yer bum that the mega-yoons on here would be chugging themselves into a frothing frenzy if the judgement had gone the other way. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Exactly. There's legitimate reasons to criticise the SNP Government and Sturgeon (the report actually criticises them for the delays in releasing information) but calling James Hamilton a stooge or referencing made up edits to his wikipedia page that he's a former member of the SNP is just dispiriting nonsense. If he had found her guilty of breaking the ministerial code, then no doubt there would have been nonsense from some on the independence side about him.

Social media has a lot to answer for.

James Hamilton was our Director of Public Prosecutions for 12 years, a role which required him to be very effective at steering clear of politics.  The role was created specifically to ensure that prosecutions would be independent of the political system.  However, if he has any political leanings, they won't be towards any political party in Scotland, that's for sure.  Of course he was appointed as an independent investigator by the First Minister of the day, and re-appointed by another FM.  Who else would have had the authority to appoint him?

6 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Well, one things for sure, you can bet yer bum that the mega-yoons on here would be chugging themselves into a frothing frenzy if the judgement had gone the other way. :thumbsup:

Yeah well I guess everybody needs to get w*nkbank material from somewhere. But that’s polarisation for you.

3 hours ago, Costanza said:

Nope it is accurate. He is clearly way too close personally and politically to NS to have any semblance of independence and this was demonstrated in full by his refusal to render any judgement other than a ludicrous she has genuine bad memory (sic).

Edited by JackLadd

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

According to some posters this morning he was the independent and credible voice who was to be the final say on this enquiry. 

What changed ? 🤔 

Not by me.  On the face of it it was ludicrous to expect him to state any truths. She is his boss. Goes back to what we have up here: a political fiefdom and one party state for 14 years. 

manaliveits105
On 05/03/2021 at 08:20, Stuart Lyon said:

Sorry if posted before

A genuine failure of recollection in action 

one to teach the kids 

4 hours ago, westbow said:

Don’t you just hate predictive texting. Honestly SM, I have no idea what the first paragraph means. 

I really don’t think it is over I terms of trust though, as I suspect a great deal of the population will be looking at NS slightly askew with narrowed eyes thinking “Hmmm, forget did you?”

So how did Boris get on at the last election? 

I think I may have missed the reports on the BBC and other media outlets. No didn't think so. 

The SG built 117 new schools in the last 10 years. 

4 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Nope it is accurate. He is clearly way too close personally and politically to NS to have any semblance of independence and this was demonstrated in full by his refusal to render any judgement other than a ludicrous she has genuine bad memory (sic).

Still at it :lol: Legendary meltdown, thank you for the entertainment these past 16 or so hours

old.jpg

Just now, Justin Z said:

Still at it :lol: Legendary meltdown, thank you for the entertainment these past 16 or so hours

old.jpg

Has there really been any meltdowns though ? 

I’d question anyone’s mental state if they actually believe she forgot as much as she said she did.