The rise and fall of The SNP.

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I support independence but don’t want another ref for at least 5 years. Genuinely can’t see Indy ref 2 going down a peaceful route unless people get to calm the **** down and have a sense of normality for a while. 

Same . 

30 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That’s politics.  And if I may remind you the real fuel in this fire came from Alex Salmond not Labour or the Tories but by a former SNP first minister.  

Yep. 

20 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Let’s wait and see shall we.  If they don’t get a majority it’s not failed at all.  

So far it’s worked a treat, SNP falling in polls, support for Indy dropping and no ahead (edit: in some polls), her personal ratings falling.  

If you really think today just wipes all that away you are more naive than anyone.  But as I said let’s wait till the election as all speculation till then.  

Yes its not much of any victory today. Her reputation is certainly tarnished. The sheen is off that well polished figurine. Opinion polls consistently saying no to Independence and I can bet they will lose a few seats at the election. 

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What  failed initially was the campaign to put Salmond in jail. 

Exactly.  An absolute disgrace and scandal this went to court.  The Procurator fiscal only takes cases to court that they believe will secure a conviction. I believe the SG were told this but they still pursued  their vendetta against AS and it back fired spectacularly.  I think he may have some more tricks up his sleeve in the next few weeks. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

All failures have been acknowledged and some of them were things that politicians could not have prevented.  The fallout from it was hijacked and abused for political gain.  The victims have been utterly used and abused.

What victims? Then women? 

Why are they still being called victims?

Konrad von Carstein

Some of our Pound Shop Bojo's will need to be sung a wee lullaby to get them calm enough to sleep tonight...

So anger

Much hilarity

Sides hurtin'

:lol:

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Exactly.  And Sturgeon still describes them as " victims". More like a coven of witches . 

Salmond is an innocent man.  I stand by the description victims.  Victims in the first instance?  No comment.  Victims in the aftermath?  Absolutely.

51 minutes ago, Victorian said:

"We're not going to pre-judge the report as the Tories have done... "

Jackie Baillie.

:rofl:

SCOTLAB grasping desperately at the fall-back consolation prize.  

Has she been outed as the leaker yet? 😄

OmiyaHearts

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotlamd is rotten to the core and Sturgeon's pick n mix view of democracy will be on show again tomorrow.  She is damaged goods though and the country has the chance to send these divisive crooks and charlatans packing in May. Vote tactically and get them to ****.

If we get independence, they'll dissolve. What about that tactic? Sounds good to me.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

“ a genuine failure of recollection”

how can anyone possibly know that  and actually put it in writing 

beggars belief 

hopefully a lot more to come on this on run up to elections with the exception of the cult the good Scottish people hate liars 

That’s what I thought as well. 

Just now, Gizmo said:

She said to Krishnan Guru Murthy "let's see what's in the report... ".  He replied "you know what's in it... ".

She couldn't even leak it to herself it seems.

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

She said to Krishnan Guru Murthy "let's see what's in the report... ".  He replied "you know what's in it... ".

Had her down as more of an oozer and perspirer rather than a leaker...

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Had her down as more of an oozer and perspirer rather than a leaker...

Well she ended up a puddle after that interview.  An embarrassment to Scottish politics.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would be if he or any Tory was ever cleared of the daily lies, ministerial code breaches or corrupt deals they do like the £39b for a track and trace system that doesn’t work. 

I think we need to concentrate on what is going on here just now rather than creating fog to divert from the issues.

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly.  And Sturgeon still describes them as " victims". More like a coven of witches . 

True colours coming out now. 

BTW you are miles out with your predictions re the election. 

The public were being fed the 'Sturgeon bad' line by the media and now that the facts have been presented the small decreases in support will be replaced by a surge in support. 

The witch hunt has failed and the Tories will suffer for it. 

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

They made their complaints and their complaints got thrown out by a majority female jury ran by a female judge. This  to me is justification to throw any tag of “victim” in the bin. In any case I am not comfortable calling anyone a victim, especially under not clear cut case like this, in the first place because it presumes guilt. That’s not fair. 

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Salmond is an innocent man.  I stand by the description victims.  Victims in the first instance?  No comment.  Victims in the aftermath?  Absolutely.

They aren’t victims in any sense. If they have something to say then say it and don’t hide behind a cloak of immunity. Alex Salmond was never offered the same privileges of immunity as his character and career was ruined despite an apparent “innocent until proven guilty” bullshit line being branded about by the justice system. They made the allegations and the jury didn’t believe them. That speaks volumes. Time for them to either stand up and be counted or continue to hide. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Well she ended up a puddle after that interview.  An embarrassment to Scottish politics.

Labour politicians like her and the Glesga mafia that had a stranglehold on Labour in Scotland are the reason I went from voting for a monkey wearing a red rosette to having no intention to vote for them ever again, even in an independent Scotland, with a REAL Scottish Labour party to vote for...

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

She’s a highly competent politician who spent her apprenticeship to become the nations leader with Salmond, but forgets ‘that’ meeting I’m just not buying it, cleared or not she’s at it.

Don’t trust any of them none of them appear to mind a bit of truth twisting to get votes.

JudyJudyJudy

They made their complaints and there complaint got thrown out by a majority female jury ran by a female judge. This  to me is justification to throw any tag of “victim” in the bin. I any case I am not comfortable calling anyone a victim, especially under not clear cut case like this, in the first place because it presumes guilt. That’s not fair. 

They aren’t victims in any sense. If they have something to say then say it and don’t hide behind a cloak of immunity. Alex Salmond was never offered the same privileges of immunity as his character and career was ruined despite an apparent “innocent until proven guilty” bullshit line being branded about by the justice system. They made the allegations and the jury didn’t believe them. That speaks volumes. Time for them to either stand up and men counted or continue to hide. 

Yes unfortunately the word " victim" is incredibly overused and misused nowadays. It seems everyone is a " victim" of something. 

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

aye she got the wrong size of Tena ladies

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

They made their complaints and there complaint got thrown out by a majority female jury ran by a female judge. This  to me is justification to throw any tag of “victim” in the bin. I any case I am not comfortable calling anyone a victim, especially under not clear cut case like this, in the first place because it presumes guilt. That’s not fair. 

They aren’t victims in any sense. If they have something to say then say it and don’t hide behind a cloak of immunity. Alex Salmond was never offered the same privileges of immunity as his character and career was ruined despite an apparent “innocent until proven guilty” bullshit line being branded about by the justice system. They made the allegations and the jury didn’t believe them. That speaks volumes. Time for them to either stand up and men counted or continue to hide. 

The verdict is black and white.  He's innocent.  We both know there's much more to the legal system than that.  There are thousands of innocent people who have things to thank for them remaining innocent.

Edited by Victorian

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The Scottish government were given the findings this morning. That’s how they knew.

Just now, jamboy1982 said:

The Scottish government were given the findings this morning. That’s how they knew.

They were talking about the MP's report.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

True colours coming out now. 

BTW you are miles out with your predictions re the election. 

The public were being fed the 'Sturgeon bad' line by the media and now that the facts have been presented the small decreases in support will be replaced by a surge in support. 

The witch hunt has failed and the Tories will suffer for it. 

Eh?  Ive been very clear regarding my lack of support for Sturgeon now.  No " true colours" coming out now. No surprises. Like i said most politicians are lying conniving scum bags  and in it for themselves really. Only politicians I have had any respect for have been Tony Benn, Jeremy Corbyn . Michael Foot and historically Clement Atlee.  I have had hardly interest in this carry on as its what i expect politicians to get up , Salmon , Sturgeon et al.  Vipers nest really.  The SNP will be propped up again by the Green snotters party in May.  Nothing new. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, H2 said:

I think we need to concentrate on what is going on here just now rather than creating fog to divert from the issues.

Ira slightly hypocritical of Ross/Davidson etc to moan about stuff, when their superiors do it. 
What do you think happened then?

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Eh?  Ive been very clear regarding my lack of support for Sturgeon now.  No " true colours" coming out now. No surprises. Like i said most politicians are lying conniving scum bags  and in it for themselves really. Only politicians I have had any respect for have been Tony Benn, Jeremy Corbyn . Michael Foot and historically Clement Atlee.  I have had hardly interest in this carry on as its what i expect politicians to get up , Salmon , Sturgeon et al.  Vipers nest really.  The SNP will be propped up again by the Green snotters party in May.  Nothing new. 

We've now reached Balgreen Nursery Debate Club levels now... :lol: 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

We've now reached Balgreen Nursery Debate Club levels now... :lol: 

LOL LOL made me laugh. Its my level regarding politics really.  Its how i feel about it all.  Total disinterested. I thought it was quite funny though.......  reminds me we used to say that " Scottish Nose Pickers " party as bairns.  

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, JamesM48 said:

LOL LOL made me laugh. Its my level regarding politics really.  Its how i feel about it all.  Total disinterested. I thought it was quite funny though.......  reminds me we used to say that " Scottish Nose Pickers " party as bairns.  

Yep...I recall that too :lol: I'm now one of them :( 

Biggest backfire in Scottish political history!! Crying into their Union Jack hankies tonight!! All the boris arse lickers 😂

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Biggest backfire in Scottish political history!! Crying into their Union Jack hankies tonight!! All the boris arse lickers 😂

:lol:

Roxy Hearts
19 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Labour politicians like her and the Glesga mafia that had a stranglehold on Labour in Scotland are the reason I went from voting for a monkey wearing a red rosette to having no intention to vote for them ever again, even in an independent Scotland, with a REAL Scottish Labour party to vote for...

Where I'm at too.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotlamd is rotten to the core and Sturgeon's pick n mix view of democracy will be on show again tomorrow.  She is damaged goods though and the country has the chance to send these divisive crooks and charlatans packing in May. Vote tactically and get them to ****.

What a weird attitude to electing your  government. 

Anyone But Nicola ? 

Anyone ? 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Yep...I recall that too :lol: I'm now one of them :( 

I must admit Im taking some pleasure in the news today as I have a friend on Facebook and i mean a real friend who is a rabid unionist . We used to argue almost every day before the run up to Indy 2014 and she was posting celebratory pics of partying after the results Union flags the lot.  She posts every single day without faiil about NS .  Its actually obsessive and draining. I had to limit the posts I saw from her.  But shes very very quiet today... :) she will be gutted. 

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

It's wonderful.

Nucky Thompson

So what happens tomorrow when the Holyrood committee find her guilty, does it go to penalties?

What a load of fecking shite :lol:

Montgomery Brewster
32 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

She’s a highly competent politician who spent her apprenticeship to become the nations leader with Salmond, but forgets ‘that’ meeting I’m just not buying it, cleared or not she’s at it.

Don’t trust any of them none of them appear to mind a bit of truth twisting to get votes.

The old adage “ how can you tell a politician is lying - their lips are moving “ should Always be your mantra.  As my character

used to say “ vote none of the above “.

still saying that it is rather amusing for the tories. 😁

7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So what happens tomorrow when the Holyrood committee find her guilty, does it go to penalties?

What a load of fecking shite :lol:

No.  The partisan cretins just look more cretinous and partisan.  

The puppet court and their party leaders have utterly trashed the reputation of the parliament for a short sighted fool's errand.  

This is not what Donald Dewar had in mind when he campaigned for the parliament.  He would be mortified by this.

Edited by Victorian

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Voting tactically ensures even bigger crooks. I don't see the logic?

For me independence is one of the few (only) way to change the status quo for the better.

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I must admit Im taking some pleasure in the news today as I have a friend on Facebook and i mean a real friend who is a rabid unionist . We used to argue almost every day before the run up to Indy 2014 and she was posting celebratory pics of partying after the results Union flags the lot.  She posts every single day without faiil about NS .  Its actually obsessive and draining. I had to limit the posts I saw from her.  But shes very very quiet today... :) she will be gutted. 

The OP is also very quiet.

I don't mind Sturgeon (apart from the calls for another Indyref). I couldn't really care if she was told by a civil servant on the 29th or by Salmond himself 3 days later...

However, I don't think there is much strength in depth in the SNP though and I don't like "Mr Sturgeon" at all...

Problem with Scottish politics is how crap all the other parties which are bossed from Westminster are...

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Wouldn't trust her if she told me today was Monday.

How many grown adults need to be told the day of the week?!

Roxy Hearts
17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hes not up yet

Only comes out at night slavering and waffling. According to him the SNP are getting obliterated!