The rise and fall of The SNP.

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

5000 thousand additional new SNP members since yesterday. Some “fall” that!

It's played out terribly for them. Normal, decent people saw through it. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Howdy Doody Jambo
53 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

But they were still snp supporters on Tuesday just now paying supporters, suckers 

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

I just put your anglo nat arse on a plate you mean, looking for a house in the s west..😆

.anglo nat arse :facepalm:

Edit : it took you 3 hours to come up with this ? :rofl:

Join the grown ups and have  a debate.

Edited by NANOJAMBO

1 hour ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Some very uninformed people on here.

An independent Scotland, post CV19, would not attract a AAA sovereign risk rating from any agency. As a new independent nation , no track record of issuance of performance, why would it attract prime risk rating. More likely, junk status and resultant higher borrowing costs.

Furthermore, what currency would said bonds be denominated in ? A new currency with its inherent instabilities would add to the risk and hence both likely coupon and yield. 

The naivety that we can just issue paper and raise billions is terrifying. 

That's not the point at issue here.

And do you have a view on the merits of the Scottish economy (good or bad) that might inform any such lending ? 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

"5000 thousand"

So, 5,000,000?

Who was counting, Kate Forbes or Derek Mackay?  😆

manaliveits105

5000 new members and triple A ratings - the edict has obviously come down from Murrell Mansion to the activists  that lying is acceptable - it’s the new norm for snp 

Unknown user
5 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Some might call these posts pathetically stupid. Others might call them just plain ignorant.

I will always remember you are no expert in these things.

You often make me laugh out loud. 

I always prefer when your mask slips and you show you're not the wide eyed innocent you like to portray.

6 hours ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Some very uninformed people on here.

An independent Scotland, post CV19, would not attract a AAA sovereign risk rating from any agency. As a new independent nation , no track record of issuance of performance, why would it attract prime risk rating. More likely, junk status and resultant higher borrowing costs.

Furthermore, what currency would said bonds be denominated in ? A new currency with its inherent instabilities would add to the risk and hence both likely coupon and yield. 

The naivety that we can just issue paper and raise billions is terrifying. 

If I find the interview with the guy from S&P I'll post it, I can live with you not believing me in the meantime.

Captain Sausage
5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That's not the point at issue here.

And do you have a view on the merits of the Scottish economy (good or bad) that might inform any such lending ? 

I guess my starting point in 2014, which hasn’t shifted, is the fundamental point that pound for pound Scotland receives more from the U.K. than it gives back.

I think anyone who argues that an independent Scotland free of the tyranny of Westminster would suddenly be some sort of flourishing economic anomaly is completely disingenuous. 

To maintain all of the ‘extras’ that Scotland received (free prescriptions, free university, etc) would require an independent Scotland to either tax more, or borrow more (per capita), then rUK. 

For me, the choice to be independent fundamentally comes down to:

Is it worth the financial impact to govern independently? With the shenanigans that have gone on over the last 5 years, my answer to that question is a lot less clear. 

6 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

"5000 thousand"

So, 5,000,000?

Who was counting, Kate Forbes or Derek Mackay?  😆

It was good of Celtic to loan them their Seville calculator.

8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Some might call these posts pathetically stupid. Others might call them just plain ignorant.

I will always remember you are no expert in these things.

You often make me laugh out loud. 

@Ulysses Your post was 100% accurate and justified.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I always prefer when your mask slips and you show you're not the wide eyed innocent you like to portray.

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

I guess my starting point in 2014, which hasn’t shifted, is the fundamental point that pound for pound Scotland receives more from the U.K. than it gives back.

Would you say that's a point that's becoming harder and harder to stick to given what we continue to learn about the way these pounds actually get accounted for? I shared an admittedly biased counterpoint to this idea further up thread, but it had a lot of pretty good raw information in spite of its intent.

I think anyone who argues that an independent Scotland free of the tyranny of Westminster would suddenly be some sort of flourishing economic anomaly is completely disingenuous.  

Agreed, but rarely have I seen it put forth quite this blatantly. There'd be lots of work to do, but then, there always is.

To maintain all of the ‘extras’ that Scotland received (free prescriptions, free university, etc) would require an independent Scotland to either tax more, or borrow more (per capita), then rUK. 

Because of the shoogly peg I see the starting point hanging on, I don't agree here. I'm comfortably convinced public services would expand once the albatross of the UK's financial mismanagement (and outright exploitation) was off the neck of Scotland.

2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

For me, the choice to be independent fundamentally comes down to:

Is it worth the financial impact to govern independently? With the shenanigans that have gone on over the last 5 years, my answer to that question is a lot less clear. 

However, even if you don't agree with me about the shoogly peg of the initial point, there are always other similarly-sized nations with similar (or worse) resources to look at. There are lots of examples, but Norway's sovereign oil fund is my favourite—they have used a fraction of it to help pay for the economic impact of Covid. If Scotland had been independent at the start of the 1970s, it could already have one of those, also worth a trillion dollars, by now.

If Scotland doesn't become independent, what are we going to look back at in ten, twenty, thirty, fifty years and say "Scotland could've had that" too? We don't know yet. Is it worth another trillion of risk to just carry on as-is?

Maroon Sailor
30 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Sorry if posted before

It has been posted before but worth a reminder that this is her evidence and she answered every question so everybody in her camp or more to the point believe she is the best bet for Scotland becoming independent camp (they don't care she suffers from selective memory loss) see this as a joyous victory.

This woman has done nothing but moan, groan, stomp her feet, complain, campaign and hoodwink all her political life. Can you imagine the state of iScotland when she has nobody to blame (but she will find somebody, that's her nature).Her political life has been to make herself look good by putting others down.

A horrible, sleekit individual

Edited by Maroon Sailor

27 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Sorry if posted before

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
Abraham Lincoln

1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Sorry if posted before

And snp supporters are soiling themselves over her performance? 😂

9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

.anglo nat arse :facepalm:

Edit : it took you 3 hours to come up with this ? :rofl:

Join the grown ups and have  a debate.

Repeating the same language you used my little nano brained shire boy. 

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Would you say that's a point that's becoming harder and harder to stick to given what we continue to learn about the way these pounds actually get accounted for? I shared an admittedly biased counterpoint to this idea further up thread, but it had a lot of pretty good raw information in spite of its intent.

Agreed, but rarely have I seen it put forth quite this blatantly. There'd be lots of work to do, but then, there always is.

Because of the shoogly peg I see the starting point hanging on, I don't agree here. I'm comfortably convinced public services would expand once the albatross of the UK's financial mismanagement (and outright exploitation) was off the neck of Scotland.

However, even if you don't agree with me about the shoogly peg of the initial point, there are always other similarly-sized nations with similar (or worse) resources to look at. There are lots of examples, but Norway's sovereign oil fund is my favourite—they have used a fraction of it to help pay for the economic impact of Covid. If Scotland had been independent at the start of the 1970s, it could already have one of those, also worth a trillion dollars, by now.

If Scotland doesn't become independent, what are we going to look back at in ten, twenty, thirty, fifty years and say "Scotland could've had that" too? We don't know yet. Is it worth another trillion of risk to just carry on as-is?

Lots of good points here JZ. 

First off, I totally agree about the Norway model. You can see evidence of this in Shetland where they have a surplus as a result of the oil industry. If Scotland had been independent, and managed it like the Norwegians, we would be laughing. Sadly we didn’t. 

Indyref came along in 2013/4 when the oil price was still $100-120. It’s currently $60-70 and most analysts agree it’ll not rise to previous heights ever again. So the white paper financials already have a massive hole in it that would need to be filled - with no clear route to where that comes from. 

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-has-scotland-subsidised-the-rest-of-the-uk

Interesting article here which, for me, hints that current status is very likely to show a deficit for Scotland, hence the lack of published data since 2013. Would be good to have it updated to 2019 figures at least. 

For me, the real question is whether independence is worth the fiscal pain it will inflict (at least in the short to medium term, although likely the long term too). In reality, Scotland will be unable to join the EU (thanks to Spain) and will be putting a hard border in place with rUK, our largest trading partner. Is the risk worth it, to get out from underneath the circus that is Westminster? It’s a very subjective question. 

And building on that, would Scottish politicians be any better? In my honest opinion, they are all a shower of power hungry, narcissistic, selfish incompetents - much more in common with the English and Welsh politicians than they’d care to admit. 

Hard choices to make. More division inevitable. Just not a great situation in honesty!

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

And snp supporters are soiling themselves over her performance? 😂

Salmond or some fiendish yoon erased her memory along the lines of an alien abduction will be the next excuse. Cannot be she is a lying crook, not oor Nicola. Naw naw..🤔🙄

5 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-has-scotland-subsidised-the-rest-of-the-uk

Interesting article here which, for me, hints that current status is very likely to show a deficit for Scotland, hence the lack of published data since 2013. Would be good to have it updated to 2019 figures at least.

Yeah, that is interesting. I think it goes without saying that more robust economic data needs to be available. But the counter to that is that we are hamstrung by the UK government's accounting practices, which suits them just fine, since one of their arguments is that Indy can't/won't make a sound economic case.

6 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

And building on that, would Scottish politicians be any better? In my honest opinion, they are all a shower of power hungry, narcissistic, selfish incompetents - much more in common with the English and Welsh politicians than they’d care to admit.

I think with that truism in mind, the importance of having a truly representative government is paramount. The UK, for me, is about the furthest thing from that (the US aside) that there can be.

2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Hard choices to make. More division inevitable. Just not a great situation in honesty!

Agreed, and thanks. I don't want to belabour my points any further, and your thoughts stand on their own, but I did just want to point out I didn't bring up the oil fund as an argument going forward, but rather hopefully as a different perspective: what Scotland has already lost by not being independent. The door has pretty much closed on that opportunity. What will the next one be—and will Scotland miss out on it too?

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Sorry if posted before

Basically the snp answers to why we should be independent 

Hagar the Horrible
38 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Basically the snp answers to why we should be independent 

It was the same answer to what currency we would have to suffer

Violet Elizabeth cant answer a single question but knows everything, remembers nothing, just waiting on an actial claim to being sick

:seething:Wee nippy didnt get fired!

:conspiracy: But Wee Eck said she lied

I was positive she was toast:hartley:

Unionists: :silviodamn: How can we next try to get rid of a democratically elected government in Scotland?

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:seething:Wee nippy didnt get fired!

:conspiracy: But Wee Eck said she lied

I was positive she was toast:hartley:

Unionists: :silviodamn: How can we next try to get rid of a democratically elected government in Scotland?

:lol: 

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Good post Captain Sausage

A really good post, yeah. Full of “facts and figures he found on the internet that suits his thought process” . . .

:interehjrling:

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

😅 The Tories have Hibs'd it.

Well let’s hope he does the honourable  and resign. However he’s not an honourable man just ask his ex wives. 

16 minutes ago, Costanza said:

😅 The Tories have Hibs'd it.

Found guilty by a court that has misled Parliament 🤔 He should resign immediately. Surely everyone on this thread would be in agreement for once. 🤣

tenor.gif

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Just had this right over the top of my house in Falkirk.....

1519C443-7A37-4CBF-9448-0FDAD8276C84.jpeg

Odds on it being the same 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 who’s paid for Robbies? 
😂

Maroon Sailor
39 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

I seen that today but too far away to make out what it said.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Haha.  I heard this plane at around 2pm but I couldn't make out what it said.  Thought it may have  said 'phoodle out'.  Imagine how pathetic your life must be to actually do something like that.  Total weirdos. 🤣

20 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

More people speaking out know. 

image.jpeg.3598cd30ce8876f3828da94bd57adbc0.jpeg

More 'people'? 

That's an ad board mate ;) 

Just been reading about the Nationalist Party membership phenomenon. It appears they attracted 5000 new members in the 24 hours after the referendum defeat in 2014, 5000 new members after each Tory election victory, 5000 new members after the brexit referendum and 5000 after the SNP MP's minced out of the House of Commons. Along with the 100 a day the attract normally they must now have more members than the number of Celtic fans that went to Seville. Impressive stats...

manaliveits105

Absolutely if Boris broke ministerial code he should resign and let Rishi take over .

Pressure growing on Sturgeon too only her cult followers and compliant Scottish media fell for her forgetful performance 

Just when you think that Boris couldn't get any funnier his comes along. When are our resident britnats going to finally realise that, when it comes to corruption and lies the Tories are the ultimate masters. Thankfully we wont have to put up with them  much longer

35 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

More people speaking out know. 

image.jpeg.3598cd30ce8876f3828da94bd57adbc0.jpeg

This lot -

In the interest of all Scots, it’s time for Nicola Sturgeon to do the right thing - resign, and allow a cross-party government of unity take over to see Scotland through this dark time - created after 13 years of SNP misrule.

:rofl:

"A govt of unity... this dark time". Jesus wept. 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This lot -

In the interest of all Scots, it’s time for Nicola Sturgeon to do the right thing - resign, and allow a cross-party government of unity take over to see Scotland through this dark time - created after 13 years of SNP misrule.

:rofl:

"A govt of unity... this dark time". Jesus wept. 

Wishful thinking as there’s never unity in politics 

Edited by Boy Daniel

7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Just when you think that Boris couldn't get any funnier his comes along. When are our resident britnats going to finally realise that, when it comes to corruption and lies the Tories are the ultimate masters. Thankfully we wont have to put up with them  much longer

He’s been found guilty of misleading Parliament, again, fat chancer will never resign. 

Edited by Boy Daniel
I’m on a roll today when it comes to bad tiping

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Absolutely if Boris broke ministerial code he should resign and let Rishi take over .

Pressure growing on Sturgeon too only her cult followers and compliant Scottish media fell for her forgetful performance 

I know, but NS is bouncing around today as if she got her NAT last night.

She's even claiming responsibility for the incredible Vaccine effort saying that:

She aims to have the whole adult population vaccinated with the first dose by the end of July.

Last July she said if we didn't sign up with the EU 27 vaccination project Westminster would be responsible for a public health disaster in Scotland. In reality if she had been calling the shots we would be, at this moment, stealing hits from less well off nations to try and jab our elderly and CEV. This is the time for Humility First Minister, you are the first minister, and admit the mess we would be in if you were ever given responsibility for life and death decisions.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/scottish-government-warned-not-to-plough-on-regardless-as-alex-salmond-took-scorched-earth-approach-to-judicial-review-3156348

Scottish Government warned not to 'plough on regardless' as Alex Salmond took 'scorched earth' approach to judicial review

Fresh publication of legal advice received by the Scottish Government on the judicial review brought by Alex Salmond shows damning warnings of the potential continuation of the defence of the action four days before the case was deemed unstatable by external counsel.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Just been reading about the Nationalist Party membership phenomenon. It appears they attracted 5000 new members in the 24 hours after the referendum defeat in 2014, 5000 new members after each Tory election victory, 5000 new members after the brexit referendum and 5000 after the SNP MP's minced out of the House of Commons. Along with the 100 a day the attract normally they must now have more members than the number of Celtic fans that went to Seville. Impressive stats...

That must be what the S in SNP stands for now. Seville. :lol: