The rise and fall of The SNP.

Shanks said no
19 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Have they offered any odds for Sturgeon to either resign or stay? Interested to see the bookies thoughts, although since they have offered odds for other people they must know something 

Article from 2 days ago

THE odds on Nicola Sturgeon leaving her role as First Minister have been cut for the second time in four days.

The SNP chief is now 6-4 with top bookmaker Coral NOT to be in Scotland's top job by the end of the year.

Odds were 2-1 previously

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, Candy said:

Interesting.

Scottish unionists and nationalists both care about Scotland, they just have different  ideas about whats best..

Scottish unionists are British Nationalists. 

coconut doug
18 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I'm afraid your link doesn't back up your allegation. Here's a quote from the man carrying out the report

Despite Ms Sturgeon stating that there is no statistical evidence to back up worries over the transfer of positive and patients and those with an unknown Covid status, Bruce Guthrie, professor of general practice at Edinburgh University, who helped draw up the report, admitted that hospital discharged will have played a role in some care home outbreaks.

He said: “It remains true that any person coming into the care home from outside carries some risk of introducing the virus.

“There is some risk, therefore, whether that is someone who is discharged from hospital, a resident who is admitted newly from the community but also members of staff, other healthcare professionals.

“Our overall interpretation is that it is therefore likely that hospital discharges were the source of introduction of infection in a small number of cases.”

Ms Sturgeon said Public Health Scotland will now carry out further work to give a more detailed understanding of Covid-19 outbreaks in care homes.

4 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Whilst your comments are intended for someone else - i'll just chuck my views in on your last sentence. 

I don't think the SNP have a closet full of skeletons of issues hidden from parliament - i think that one of the general strengths is that many government issues are not hidden and they've take a lot of criticism in the last term (eg. Issues with Education reform, problems with the ventilation in the QE2 Hospital). 

I am open to having my mind changed but at the moment I see the real thing about the Salmond affair is that at some point a number of actors (whether it is the FM/Civil Service/Lord Advocate etc) have screwed up whilst trying to support a number of claims of sexual impropriety. In the light of the MeToo movement I suspect that we saw an attempt to support and show willingness to act and not cover up issues. That started a massive **** up. 

For that reason i am struggling to evaluate if i can accept wrongdoing by Salmond in order to support the wrongdoing that allegedly happened to a number of women. I think it's a difficult situation and is overlooked by people happy to just get stuck in and shout for resignations. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

And care about Scotland, just as much as Scottish nationalists

4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Brought down to this level. Unionists couldn't care less about Scotland and I couldn't care less about their worshipping of Westminster governance. I'll take our parliament in Scotland with all its faults.

You're just sounding like an angry wee tube now. 

Roxy Hearts
Just now, Candy said:

And care about Scotland, just as much as Scottish nationalists

Of course they do!

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

You're just sounding like an angry wee tube now. 

In your angry wee world. You are after all a British Nationalist and there are none angrier.

In your angry wee world. You are after all a British Nationalist and there are none angrier.

Not me throwing out crass moronic insults wee man. Come back when your baws drop. 

Roxy Hearts
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not me throwing out crass moronic insults wee man. Come back when your baws drop. 

You insult Scotland with every utterance. 

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

You insult Scotland with every utterance. 

Wrong eejit.

You insult the human race just by breathing. 😄

If they had dropped the case every chance people would have been accusing NS of a cover up to protect her friend AS. 

The Unionist/Tory press would have been only too happy to run with that line. 

Roxy Hearts
Just now, JackLadd said:

Wrong eejit.

You insult the human race just by breathing. 😄

You're definitely a unionist. You stated Scotland was in debt, we can't borrow so how's that? You also think the Barnett formula is extra money. You're a typical Britnat.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

If they had dropped the case every chance people would have been accusing NS of a cover up to protect her friend AS. 

And, if so, it would have petered out ages ago. It wouldn't have cost over £500k and the enquiry about their conduct would not have been ongoing.

33 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It rattles me that dumplings on here go on about what's happening in Scotland but not about the cesspit that's Westminster. I'll be voting SNP until independence is achieved.

Hey, if the natsis are going to make a complete and utter show of themselves and shooting themselves in the foot through their rather nasty internal bun fight, why shouldn't it be enjoyed to the full?

It's splendid viewing.

coconut doug
32 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

There's a legally acceptable wiki here outlining the former FM was a "touchy feely" character and that local policy at Bute House was changed to stop women from working alone with him after an incident. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HM_Advocate_v_Salmond

He was found not guilty though despite a number of women making complaints on record. I find it difficult to accept nothing inappropriate happened which lead to this sorry story of who knew what/when and how they tried to do something about it. 

This is the statement you refer to "One witness claimed that women were banned from working alone with Salmond within the Scottish civil service."  

If the policy existed it was never written down according to the BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51908343

Other women worked alone with him and were unaware of the policy.  Nicola did not know of the policy.

A Woman who was allegedly assaulted by Salmond sent texts after the alleged event but before the trial to say how much she would like to work with him again.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8126147/Woman-said-great-work-Alex-Salmond-year-says-tried-rape-her.html

What actually is it that Salmond has done that is so inappropriate?

Roxy Hearts
3 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Hey, if the natsis are going to make a complete and utter show of themselves and shooting themselves in the foot through their rather nasty internal bun fight, why shouldn't it be enjoyed to the full?

It's splendid viewing.

What's a natsis? Britnat?

Auldbenches
31 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Brought down to this level. Unionists couldn't care less about Scotland and I couldn't care less about their worshipping of Westminster governance. I'll take our parliament in Scotland with all its faults.

This is possibly the biggest thing that any Holyrood administration has has to deal with but compare the last 20 years of things that could be classed as scandalous and it's a joke that the whole integrity of Scottish politics is questioned. 

Westminster would be boarded up by now. 

As a non-partisan, I feel a bit sorry for the SNP members seeing that their politicians are just as corrupt, vainglorious and useless as the rest of them. Although why they thought they would be anything different surprises me. Anyway, as Daltrey and co asked, who’s next?

2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Not sure I fully understand the SNP statement. 

Didn’t they back a Corbyn led VONC in Theresa May in 2019? As per their statement, wasn’t that ‘for the public to decide who they want to govern’ the UK? Given there’d been a general election 18 months previous, hadn’t that already been done? That bit feels rather hypocritical from the SNP...

Also, stating a VONC during a pandemic is ‘utterly irresponsible’ while also referring to the upcoming campaign trail offers little coherence. Why is one aspect of a democratic society irresponsible, but another is not? Is it because one is in the interests of the SNP and one is not?

Before the inevitable flak I receive, I’d like to add that I’m just sick of all politicians. They’re all the same; lying, backstabbing, do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do, self serving *****. 

Well said Sausage 👍

coconut doug
11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What case?

There wasn't one but they tried to manufacture one and they failed. Nobody would have known anything if the spad hadn't leaked the story a the Daily Record. A criminal offence not being investigated.

Shanks said no
6 minutes ago, Candy said:

And, if so, it would have petered out ages ago. It wouldn't have cost over £500k and the enquiry about their conduct would not have been ongoing.

However Murrell and Co only needed one of the 13 charges to stick, one guilty verdict and AS was gone, never to return. All other enquiries over and NS solidifies her power base. 

The biggest mystery for me as a neutral is who was behind the strategy, was it the husband, the wife or a collective decision?

Roxy Hearts
7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

This is possibly the biggest thing that any Holyrood administration has has to deal with but compare the last 20 years of things that could be classed as scandalous and it's a joke that the whole integrity of Scottish politics is questioned. 

I stated earlier that unionists are hypocrites. 

Shanks said no
8 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

What actually is it that Salmond has done that is so inappropriate?

You can keep asking and no one is answering you!

Probably because the answer is nothing, he has not been found guilty of a single inappropriate act. He is being vilified based on unfounded allegations.

Famous 1874
39 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Article from 2 days ago

THE odds on Nicola Sturgeon leaving her role as First Minister have been cut for the second time in four days.

The SNP chief is now 6-4 with top bookmaker Coral NOT to be in Scotland's top job by the end of the year.

Odds were 2-1 previously

Cheers mate!

coconut doug
2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

You can keep asking and no one is answering you!

Probably because the answer is nothing, he has not been found guilty of a single inappropriate act. He is being vilified based on unfounded allegations.

I think you might be right.

Captain Slog
21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I read this just after reading the posts immediately above it, and wondered what @Roxy Hearts baws dropping had to do with it

Roxy Hearts
4 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

👍

Nice of you Britnats to stick together. Don't stray of the script now. 

11 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The integrity of the whole of Scottish politics is not being questioned.

What is being questioned is the morals of the FM, who pretty much appears to have acted along with her other half, the SNP chief, the LA, the head of the CS, and the FM depute, to stitch up her former close political ally, predecessor and mentor, and then seek to cover up the fact once their plot failed.

It's like the political equivalent of Peter Lawwell's celtic, and nobody is suggesting that what happened at celtic and the subsequent cover up is questioning the whole of Scottish football.

Wee Roxy wants to lash out but notice he hasn't once mentioned Alex Salmond as the reason Sturgeon is probably out. His tears and snotters need directed closer to home. 

4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Nice of you Britnats to stick together. Don't stray of the script now. 

Lol, imagine anybody calling you an angry wee tube. 

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Wee Roxy wants to lash out but notice he hasn't once mentioned Alex Salmond as the reason Sturgeon is probably out. His tears and snotters need directed closer to home. 

And he probably sat up and clapped like a performing seal when Salmond walked from court a free man. 

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

Lol, imagine anybody calling you an angry wee tube. 

It's what's expected from a Britnat unionist. Doesn't bother me. It appears to bother you more.

And he probably sat up and clapped like a performing seal when Salmond walked from court a free man. 

This is what is causing him most pain and confusion. Best blame the Britnats and ignore the yellow elephant in the room.

Roxy Hearts

I've not paid any interest or saw any of what's going on apart from on here and seeing unionists getting all worked up.

36 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You're definitely a unionist. You stated Scotland was in debt, we can't borrow so how's that? You also think the Barnett formula is extra money. You're a typical Britnat.

What’s the issue if he’s a unionist, he’s surely still allowed an opinion? Your getting yourself all wound up 

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

This is what is causing him most pain and confusion. Best blame the Britnats and ignore the yellow elephant in the room.

They're all at it. Playing the victim card and havering about yoons, brits, tories, blah blah feckin blah and all the while the whole unseemly bitch-slapping contest is the product of internal SNP dirty dealing and the shabby attempts at covering it up.

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

What’s the issue if he’s a unionist, he’s surely still allowed an opinion? Your getting yourself all wound up 

Just pointing out incorrections about Barnett and debt. 

Roxy Hearts
4 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

They're all at it. Playing the victim card and havering about yoons, brits, tories, blah blah feckin blah and all the while the whole unseemly bitch-slapping contest is the product of internal SNP dirty dealing and the shabby attempts at covering it up.

What politics aren't dirty? In relative terms this isn't that bad and I haven't given it much attention.

Just now, JDK2020 said:

Correct. It's their own internal dirty laundry that they couldn't hide and cover up. The whole debacle is their own doing and they own it totally. Don't forget the same mob forced out Wendy Alexander in 2008 for far less. They don't like it up em.

Just pointing out incorrections about Barnett and debt. 

Not wanting to get involved in your argument but that’s one thing that annoys me with nationalists some of the time is if your not 100% all in, then your not Scottish. Some people genuinely don’t believe it’s in Scotland’s best interests to become independent (me not sure at this time with all that’s going on in the world) Whether you like that or not they should still be allowed to express opinions. Anyway chill 👍

Auldbenches
54 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What politics aren't dirty? In relative terms this isn't that bad and I haven't given it much attention.

If it is true, I think cultivating or deliberately exaggerating something as that was intended to put someone through a court case like that is very bad.

We'll see tomorrow but doing everything to withhold the evidence unti less than 24 hours doesn't point to complete innocence, though we may be we could be wrong.

Saying it isn't that bad does you no favours.  

So what would have happened if they didn't investigate Alex Salmond. Now, That would have been a cover up. 

Edited by ri Alban

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's what's expected from a Britnat unionist. Doesn't bother me. It appears to bother you more.

:orly?:

There seems to be a pavement awash with baby toys,  rattles and large clumps of straw.

Roxy Hearts
16 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:orly?:

There seems to be a pavement awash with baby toys,  rattles and large clumps of straw.

Good morning.

8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It rattles me that dumplings on here go on about what's happening in Scotland but not about the cesspit that's Westminster. I'll be voting SNP until independence is achieved.

There plenty berating the Tories in Westminster there’s even a thread on it. 
I’m no lover of the crooks and liars down there either. 

Roxy Hearts
11 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

There plenty berating the Tories in Westminster there’s even a thread on it. 
I’m no lover of the crooks and liars down there either. 

👍