The rise and fall of The SNP.

Seymour M Hersh
42 minutes ago, Candy said:

Joe Fitzpatrick is minister for Public Health. 

Good job there's not much been happening  on that front lately.

I thought he was Sports Meeenister.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I thought he was Sports Meeenister.

He is. Full title is Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing

Clearly, we are in safe hands🤣

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

shouldnt be near being a msp never mind a cabinet minister then - but thats the quality of the Krankies .

Really, whats next? Shouldnt have a speech impediment, be Gay, Black, Female, Trans, Asian, Not feeling well?

He should be applauded for having the bravery to face up to and conquer his fears.

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Really, whats next? Shouldnt have a speech impediment, be Gay, Black, Female, Trans, Asian, Not feeling well?

He should be applauded for having the bravery to face up to and conquer his fears.

True, but ought he really be speaking in a parliament, given what is very clearly public speaking-related anxiety? Assuming he has not done enough to deal with it behind the scenes first. Yes, he should be applauded for trying, but this isn't a good look.

Or maybe I'm making big assumptions, he's been tirelessly trying to improve in the background, and here he seized up and backslid after having worked very hard on getting better.

But yes, your point about ableism just being another form of -ism to weaponise against political enemies is well taken. Hoping folk continue to see that behaviour for what it is.

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Your concern would carry more weight had it not been for you describing stroke survivor Andrew Marr as an Empire loving hankie waver who keeps talking over everyone. 

Edited by Candy

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more weaponised -ism's imo.

:spoton:

Starting with some well targeted embolisms, Guv?

10 minutes ago, Candy said:

Your concern would carry more weight had it not been for you describing stroke survivor Andrew Marr as an Empire loving hankie waver who keeps talking over everyone.

While that was a harsh thing to say, can you point out how that remark had anything to do with his stroke? Not seeing it from this bit, but maybe you left a portion of it out.

Treating people equally regardless of any disability or malady they may have overcome, includes treating them equally like a ***** if they act like a *****. None of the criticism I've seen of Fitzpatrick on here, including from you, has had anything to do with the content of his work in his role, or the words he managed to stammer out in this speech. Do you have a policy disagreement with him?

16 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:spoton:

Starting with some well targeted embolisms, Guv?

While that was a harsh thing to say, can you point out how that remark had anything to do with his stroke? Not seeing it from this bit, but maybe you left a portion of it out.

Treating people equally regardless of any disability or malady they may have overcome, includes treating them equally like a ***** if they act like a *****. None of the criticism I've seen of Fitzpatrick on here, including from you, has had anything to do with the content of his work in his role, or the words he managed to stammer out in this speech. Do you have a policy disagreement with him?

A stroke can impair normal functionality.  Alleged anxiety issues can impair public speaking.  

Fitzpatrick couldn't seem to answer a basic question.  Maybe it was anxiety, maybe it's incompetence I've no idea.  I'd never heard of him until yesterday.

Reading back (and between the lines as it were) what I hadn't considered is that the poster I replied to might have their own issues to contend with, so I apologise if that's the case.

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I could start back, in a heartbeat. Fitness and finance tip the scales over enjoyment and calm. 

Good way of putting it. 

Just now, Candy said:

A stroke can impair normal functionality.  Alleged anxiety issues can impair public speaking. 

Totally agree on both of these, but what I was trying to say is that it looked like Pans' harsh words had nothing to do with Marr's stroke or anything to do with it. He was just criticising his politics and political actions. Which is different than having a go at a guy who appears to have a genuine issue with public speaking, for his lack of ability to speak publicly.

21 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Totally agree on both of these, but what I was trying to say is that it looked like Pans' harsh words had nothing to do with Marr's stroke or anything to do with it. He was just criticising his politics and political actions. Which is different than having a go at a guy who appears to have a genuine issue with public speaking, for his lack of ability to speak publicly.

👍

7 hours ago, Candy said:

TBF I had no idea he’d had a stroke. Doesnt change his farcical “neutral” political stance. 
Full paid up Posh boys, old school tie club member...& a hankie waver!

11 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Shame for the guy, obviously has anxiety issues relating to public speaking. 

Shame for the guy? He takes £94k a year out of the public purse.

Maybe if his boss knew how to delegate, his public speaking would improve through practice? Although, everytime the likes of him or Freeman stand up to talk, it's pretty obvious why she doesn't. 

5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

We live in a one party state dominated by a one person party.

I agree, but the fault lies in the poor opposition.

44 minutes ago, weehammy said:

But enough about Westminster, what about Scotland?

38 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I agree, but the fault lies in the poor opposition.

And, of course, those pesky Scottish voters who continue to insist on voting for the SNP in large numbers despite everything weehammy tells them...   :seething:

57 minutes ago, weehammy said:

A one party state aye?

SNP

Labour

Greens

Lib Dems

SSP

Vermin lying party

& a few others. 

Aye, only one party the good people of Scotland can vote for. 

9 hours ago, weehammy said:

I think you need to look up what a one party state is.

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think you need to look up what a one party state is.

It's bit rich. It's OK for Scotland to be constantly governed from WM by a tory party that has not been elected up here for over 60 years. But hey, Scotland seeks a bit of safety by having a devolved administration elected by its population. And it is now a one party state because Unionists don't like Scots running a bath(See Gordon Broon). They don't even have any real power, it's deckchair movement, so all Scots can get a bit of the poolside. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

It's bit rich. It's OK for Scotland to be constantly governed from WM by a tory party that has not been elected up here for over 60 years. But hey, Scotland seeks a bit of safety by having a devolved administration elected by its population. And it is now a one party state. They don't even have any real power, it's deckchair movement, so all Scots can get a bit of the poolside. 

It's not a one party state

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

And it is now a one party state

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's not a one party state

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I know.

You're one confusing dude

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I was agreeing with you. That was a sarcastic quote. 

Ah I'm with you now. I stand by the confusing dude thing though

The SNP and Sturgeon are untouchable and will romp to a majority at the next election. I don't think that's a good thing, but is the reality of the situation. 

manaliveits105

After grandstanding about renewables being Scotland’s future - our wonderful SG bail out of Bifab and 500 new jobs lost - after throwing £50m at it too

if it’s no Indy it doesn’t matter

not fit to govern

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ah I'm with you now. I stand by the confusing dude thing though

It's only a one state party cause Lab/Lib/Tory don't have the power.  Hypocrisy. 

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

After grandstanding about renewables being Scotland’s future - our wonderful SG bail out of Bifab and 500 new jobs lost - after throwing £50m at it too

not fit to govern

If it's no brexit it doesn't matter. Not fit to govern. 

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

See when we're independent, will the rain run out. 🙏

No....but I think you'll find a lot of the "free" stuff will. :ermm:

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

not fit to govern

Like most of your posts. Utter shyte

Yet another ipsos mori poll out...

Read it and weep Bojo fanbois

22F39A16-2ABC-459C-844E-57B9B6479E43.jpeg

Edited by Pans Jambo

14 minutes ago, pablo said:

No....but I think you'll find a lot of the "free" stuff will. :ermm:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't have much free stuff.(Odd prescription, but I put money in a charity, instead) And why would it run out, can Scotland not borrow or run its economy so the poor can be looked after. That's right, only England can borrow, I forgot. 

Hey, you do know a lot of stuff will run out for rUK anaw. Scotland, drinking water, oil, gas, renewables, dying Scotsman in wars, nuclear carpark, and the territory that gives the UK its vast defence of the whole of the islands(Have a look if you don't believe me) . And probably a lot of prestige that comes with the history of the Union.

But at least Scotland won't continue to lose out on democracy and the vast trade deficit we have with ruk. And then there's the trade deals we can have, oh and then we could, if we want, join the EU or the Nordic pact. 

And no more Tories with a big C. 

Hello world, we'll be back. 

And it would be good for England, anaw if we shook hands and became the nations again. 

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, ri Alban said:

Don't have much free stuff. And why would it run out, can Scotland not borrow or run its economy so the poor can be looked after. That's right, only England can borrow, I forgot. 

Hey, you do know a lot of stuff will run out for rUK anaw. Scotland, drinking water, oil, gas, renewables, dying Scotsman in wars, nuclear carpark, and the territory that gives the UK its fast defence. And probably a lot of prestige that comes with the history Union. At least Scotland won't continue to lose out in democracy and the vast trade deficit we have with ruck. And there the trade deals we can have, oh then we could if we want join the EU or the Nordic pact. 

And no more Tories with a big C. 

We get lots of "free" money from The Treasury, as do most areas of the Britain. Which is great, that's the point of the UK.

UK public spending is at record levels due to Covid.

Why not just say it's about sovereignty at all costs? I can understand that argument. The idea that we'd be better off after Independence, at least in the short term is nonsense.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

not fit to govern

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scottish Government look after Scottish interests ! would you believe it that’s a revelation !!

29 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Scottish Government look after Scottish interests ! would you believe it that’s a revelation !!

No its not, this thread is about the so called "fall" of the SNP...the evidence just doesn't stack up for that though does it?

Does it?

Sorry to piss on your parade.

9 hours ago, pablo said:

We get lots of "free" money from The Treasury, as do most areas of the Britain. Which is great, that's the point of the UK.

UK public spending is at record levels due to Covid.

Why not just say it's about sovereignty at all costs? I can understand that argument. The idea that we'd be better off after Independence, at least in the short term is nonsense.

I don't get "free" money from the treasury.

Most areas of Britain do not get it either.

The way money is distributed from the treasury is not great. 

Distributing money from the centre to the periphery is not the point of the UK and never has been nor should it ever be.

Covid related public spending is disproportionately higher in London and the south east. The national debt is at record levels.

Of course it's about sovereignty but it's about a lot more. The idea that the Gers figures make sense is  nonsense.

What money do we get? . I get wages that I work for, then after income tax and NI I then buy stuff with further tax again and again. So what money do we get. Or whose? Yes, I'd rather use the word receive, not get, but feck it, I think you'll get it. 

Edited by ri Alban

Seymour M Hersh
On 04/12/2020 at 07:39, Pans Jambo said:

You do realise that was taken at their annual conference. 

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Clearly says “ Scottish adults aged 16+”.

Doesnt say “ Members of the SNP at their annual conference” but nice try though.

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

At bottom of the poll graphic: “Basis: 1006 Scottish adults aged 16+, 20-26 November 2020”.

image.thumb.png.04abd4708192caf846d1236b44f4df01.png

So no.

Edited by Justin Z

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Clearly says “ Scottish adults aged 16+”.

Doesnt say “ Members of the SNP at their annual conference” but nice try though.

Sooooooo defensive. :rofl: