The rise and fall of The SNP.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:muggy:

Yoons.

:muggy:

0fa7bfd2155e2be730570af88e0a9ccd.jpg

It's a pity you don't engage with the substance of the discussion. Doing so could improve your understanding and the quality of your responses. The references to the Nazis and Hitler, the personal abuse and silly pictures have all been done to death. We need fewer of those type of posts.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Governor Tarkin
28 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

It's a pity you don't engage with the substance of the discussion. Doing so could improve your understanding and the quality of your responses. The references to the Nazis and Hitler, the personal abuse and silly pictures have all been done to death. We need fewer of those type of posts.

There's nothing wrong with my understanding of the substance of the discussion, doug, and the responses to my peurile and childish posts can elicit as much useful information as any more 'reasoned' line of enquiry. 

After all, It's not the quality of my own responses that I'm actually interested in.

On 26/11/2020 at 10:17, Ron Burgundy said:

Do me a favour, if my contribution isn't quite up to your high level of intellectual debate then just stfu and ignore me. The shed is primarily a football fans forum for chatting shit about everything. There are very few experts on here, mainly just normal working class guys who's love of Hearts have found them chucked together.

You on the other hand are in no way a football or a Hearts fan. You seem to get a kick out of appearing on here as some sort of intellectual woke poster who sneers and looks down on all who do not lick your arse. 

Please just FO. You really irritate the shit out of me. 

At least Shaun L knew a bit about football.

:lol:

11 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

the responses to my peurile and childish posts can elicit as much useful information as any more 'reasoned' line of enquiry.

:indeed:

Tark the master psychologist :ninja:

Governor Tarkin
33 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:indeed:

Tark the master psychologist :ninja:

:rofl:

I'd say less Freud and more Socrates, but there you go. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:rofl:

I'd say less Freud and more Socrates, but there you go. :lol:

Excellent. Teach us, we who have been bound and looking only at the shadows of reality our whole lives. 🤩

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Excellent. Teach us, we who have been bound and looking only at the shadows of reality our whole lives. 🤩

I would mate, but the internet signal is patchy in this cave.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I would mate, but the internet signal is patchy in this cave.

Sake! And between Thatcher kiboshing a modern British fibre network in the early 90s or nutters burning 5G towers, I don't even know who to blame 😩

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Sake! And between Thatcher kiboshing a modern British fibre network in the early 90s or nutters burning 5G towers, I don't even know who to blame 😩

If you're of the mind to conflate stupidity with moral responsibility then we can safely blame both. :D

Stuart McNeill

Just curious. those who are against the current government. What is it that makes you believe they aren't the way forward? And who would you rather have instead 

On 29/11/2020 at 23:56, Governor Tarkin said:

There's nothing wrong with my understanding of the substance of the discussion, doug, and the responses to my peurile and childish posts can elicit as much useful information as any more 'reasoned' line of enquiry. 

After all, It's not the quality of my own responses that I'm actually interested in.

I could oblige you, but the replies from Onionists should be enough for anyone. And it's Christmas, the UK's last Christmas. 

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, jonesy said:

They have introduced, or at least attempted to introduce, measures that increase government influence and presence in our daily lives beyond levels that I believe to be acceptable. On the one hand such policies often come across as patronising, while on the other they create dependency culture among a significant chunk of the population. 

I wouldn't subscribe to any of the parties' visions, TBH, which is fairly symptomatic of many within the electorate. The problem with 'best fit' choices, though, is that they are made with a degree of suspicion and reluctance. It's probably why the SNP have done so well in recent years - they've attracted an almost cult-like devotion from the independence vote (which I am in favour of), and yet, have proven themselves to be just as corrupt, economical with the truth and incompetent as previous administrations. Meanwhile other voters flit between the Lib-Dems, Labour, (the now palatable to some) Tories and just shrugging and ignoring it all.

I don't know who I'd rather have, Stuart, but I'd like to have a lot less of whatever it is any of them are offering.

:sadrobbo:

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I could oblige you, but the replies from Onionists should be enough for anyone. And it's Christmas, the UK's last Christmas. 

Please don't. 👍

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, jonesy said:

They have introduced, or at least attempted to introduce, measures that increase government influence and presence in our daily lives beyond levels that I believe to be acceptable. On the one hand such policies often come across as patronising, while on the other they create dependency culture among a significant chunk of the population. 

I wouldn't subscribe to any of the parties' visions, TBH, which is fairly symptomatic of many within the electorate. The problem with 'best fit' choices, though, is that they are made with a degree of suspicion and reluctance. It's probably why the SNP have done so well in recent years - they've attracted an almost cult-like devotion from the independence vote (which I am in favour of), and yet, have proven themselves to be just as corrupt, economical with the truth and incompetent as previous administrations. Meanwhile other voters flit between the Lib-Dems, Labour, (the now palatable to some) Tories and just shrugging and ignoring it all.

I don't know who I'd rather have, Stuart, but I'd like to have a lot less of whatever it is any of them are offering.

Can you elaborate bud? Genuinely. 

John Gentleman
On 29/11/2020 at 00:48, Smithee said:

Right now a guy in Falkirk earning a million a year will pay less than 4 times what a minimum wage worker will pay in council tax. Thats not right.

What's his name?

12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The voters that blindly applaud, like and retweet the party's propaganda are akin to gormless Gareth who can't see past them (which, TBF, many Scots did with Labour over a couple of generations).

Not just Labour, you just described the core support of every party ever

22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The named person policy in relation to children

Minimum unit alcohol pricing

The WIP hate speech sans evidence of intent

Pretty much everything in relation to Covid

---

If the SNP were your boss at work, they'd be micromanaging you constantly, looking over your shoulder, and giving David Brentesque motivational speeches. The voters that blindly applaud, like and retweet the party's propaganda are akin to gormless Gareth who can't see past them (which, TBF, many Scots did with Labour over a couple of generations).

The minimum unit alcohol pricing only really comes into play if you’re an alcoholic. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

So free money for nhs workers via Barnett but nothing for football clubs. 

I don’t begrudge extra money for people but it does feel like playing to the gallery

jack D and coke
52 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The named person policy in relation to children

Minimum unit alcohol pricing

The WIP hate speech sans evidence of intent

Pretty much everything in relation to Covid

---

If the SNP were your boss at work, they'd be micromanaging you constantly, looking over your shoulder, and giving David Brentesque motivational speeches. The voters that blindly applaud, like and retweet the party's propaganda are akin to gormless Gareth who can't see past them (which, TBF, many Scots did with Labour over a couple of generations).

I can’t say I’ve noticed any of that. Named person was binned and rightly so they listened maybe? 
Minimum pricing I didn’t think was that bad an idea. £3 bottles of wreck the hoose juice and drink still cheap. As much as I like a drink in certain areas of Scotland and the uk cheap booze is a real scourge. Something like 90% of prison inmates committed their crimes on drink. What we do about it is a tough one so I’ll let them off with that one as well. 
The WIP hate thing I don’t know much about so can’t comment. 
Covid as much as I’ve ranted about it as well I don’t see us having done things too much differently than other countries and tbh I think we’ve been extremely lenient in comparison to out her countries where I have family and friends etc. 
I think certain people (not talking about you to be clear) just can’t function whenever the SG attempt anything. There’s posters on here who just seethe their absolute ***** off and soil themselves constantly over the slightest things. The SNP nonsene thread went on for years and was started over a bottle of water, it’s ridiculous. I honestly fear for some people if Indy happens, they’ll be finished as functioning humans imo. I can honestly say they’ve never encroached on my life. Well apart from when I was a smoker and they brought in the smoking ban. Looking back on that it’s hard to believe we were allowed to smoke indoors at all. 
Im no real fan of them to be clear. Or any party for that matter. 

Edited by jack D and coke

jack D and coke
Just now, jonesy said:

Fair enough. Can't say they've had a massive impact on me, either. It's the intent behind them that concerns me. A sort of micro-managing, intefering boss who tries to be cool but really wants to control everything you say, think and do.

I think that’s exactly how some people try to frame it yeah. Is it true? Imo it’s not. 

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I can’t say I’ve noticed any of that. Named person was binned and rightly so they listened maybe? 
Minimum pricing I didn’t think was that bad an idea. £3 bottles of wreck the hoose juice and drink still cheap. As much as I like a drink in certain areas of Scotland and the uk cheap booze is a real scourge. Something like 90% of prison inmates committed their crimes on drink. What we do about it is a tough one so I’ll let them off with that one as well. 
The WIP hate thing I don’t know much about so can’t comment. 
Covid as much as I’ve ranted about it as well I don’t see us having done things too much differently than other countries and tbh I think we’ve been extremely lenient in comparison to out her countries where I have family and friends etc. 
I think certain people (not talking about you to be clear) just can’t function whenever the SG attempt anything. There’s posters on here who just seethe their absolute ***** off and soil themselves constantly over the slightest things. The SNP nonsene thread went on for years and was started over a bottle of water, it’s ridiculous. I honestly fear for some people if Indy happens, they’ll be finished as functioning humans imo. I can honestly say they’ve never encroached on my life. Well apart from when I was a smoker and they brought in the smoking ban. Looking back on that it’s hard to believe we were allowed to smoke indoors at all. 
Im no real fan of them to be clear. Or any party for that matter. 

Labour brought in the smoking ban, bud. 

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Labour brought in the smoking ban, bud. 

Well whoever it was a it was a great thing anyway. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Well whoever it was a it was a great thing anyway. 

It was indeed. Made me stop. Eventually. 

7 hours ago, mutley said:

The minimum unit alcohol pricing only really comes into play if you’re an alcoholic. 

Which is precisely why it is so wrong. Allow poor people to get addicted to something then make it unaffordable to them. Sounds like a route to more criminality to me. Alcohol addiction like all substance addictions is a public health issue and should be treated as such. Trying to price people out of the market or leave it as the preserve of the better of is utter bullshit. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It was indeed. Made me stop. Eventually. 

Been stopped nearly 5 years myself. The smoking ban made me realise how fowl a habit it really is. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Been stopped nearly 5 years myself. The smoking ban made me realise how fowl a habit it really is. 

Other than a few slip ups, I’m just over the 5 year mark as well. 👍

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Other than a few slip ups, I’m just over the 5 year mark as well. 👍

No slips here. I hate it now, the smell off otter people have had a fag. 
I can’t believe I smoked for so long. 25 years....

Minging. Fowl🤮

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Minging. Fowl🤮

I'm the same, I'm 10 years off tobacco next year. The quitting was tough but once I was off it I was never going back, ****ing rank.

I smoke pure now. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Minging. Fowl🤮

Smoked for about the same time as you as well. The similarities end there though, I smell someone smoking, even now and I want a cig.

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm the same, I'm 10 years off tobacco next year. The quitting was tough but once I was off it I was never going back, ****ing rank.

I smoke pure now. 

I haven’t touched a dooby for at least ten years too. Last time was in the dam on a stag, thinking I was the big man cos I’d smoked it for years...big mistake :lol: 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Smoked for about the same time as you as well. The similarities end there though, I smell someone smoking, even now and I want a cig.

I’d stopped a few times and that used to happen to me too and I’d always end up back on them. Last time something clicked and I’ve honestly never thought about it again. Weird...

Just now, jack D and coke said:

I’d stopped a few times and that used to happen to me too and I’d always end up back on them. Last time something clicked and I’ve honestly never thought about it again. Weird...

When it's time, it's time. When I quit I knew it was for good this time, I don't know how or why, but I felt the click too.

Latest poll, 56% YES and huge leads in voting intentions for next May. 

Surely it's well beyond time for a heading change on this thread.

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Fake news 

its not gone up 5% in a couple of weeks 

If you weren't too dumb to check you would find that it's actually gone down from 58% in October. 

34 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Latest poll, 56% YES and huge leads in voting intentions for next May. 

Surely it's well beyond time for a heading change on this thread.

Guaranteed an SNP friendly poll would be released this week after Nicola's difficult interview with Marr on Sunday.

5 hours ago, Candy said:

Guaranteed an SNP friendly poll would be released this week after Nicola's difficult interview with Marr on Sunday.

Aye thats what it’ll be no doubt guaranteed!

Its the 15th straight poll in a row all showing the same result. Not some fabricated biased poll because Empire longing hankie waving Marr keeps talking over everyone he speaks to on the British mouthpiece telly show!

Tick tock to the Wasteminster tory loving hoorz!

32 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye thats what it’ll be no doubt guaranteed!

Its the 15th straight poll in a row all showing the same result. Not some fabricated biased poll because Empire longing hankie waving Marr keeps talking over everyone he speaks to on the British mouthpiece telly show!

Tick tock to the Wasteminster tory loving hoorz!

Eloquently put.

On 01/12/2020 at 17:55, GinRummy said:

I could start back, in a heartbeat. Fitness and finance tip the scales over enjoyment and calm. 

6 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

That's hilarious! Looks like he's been on the gear.

He should have done a Michael Gove and let a snotter hang from his nose so you can't really zone in. :sick:

8 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

What a buffoon - the SG in action right there - the quality of them is atrocious 

our sports minister ffs 

Joe Fitzpatrick is minister for Public Health. 

Good job there's not much been happening  on that front lately.