The rise and fall of The SNP.

4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are all the SNP acolytes on here totally at ease and comfortable with Humza Yousaf's new Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Bill? 

What does it state? Is it "verminous? Not got a clue! You wouldn't agree with him if he gave you £20.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What does it state? Is it "verminous? Not got a clue! You wouldn't agree with him if he gave you £20.

:rofl: Eloquent response. Seriously are you not concerned by this?

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Justin Z said:

You could try not poisoning the well with this "SNP acolytes" pish, you butcher's apron lover (see?).

It's only referring to them as followers not really understanding your angst or reference to being a butchers apron lover. Perhaps you're a little strung out with worry in case Trump gets a second term. Who knows, who cares. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's only referring to them as followers not really understanding your angst or reference to being a butchers apron lover. Perhaps you're a little strung out with worry in case Trump gets a second term. Who knows, who cares. 

And seeing as you didn't respond to my actual question, or addressed the substance of my response, we can all safely assume you didn't actually have a point beyond SNP Bad. Thanks for confirming.

16 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are there many SNP "acolytes" on here? One or two maybe, but not a lot.

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Are there many SNP "acolytes" on here? One or two maybe, but not a lot.

Obviously cannot be completely accurate but certainly more than 1 or 2.

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Obviously cannot be completely accurate but certainly more than 1 or 2.

Pish. I dont know any. Most who vote SNP understand they are the main driving force that will lead to Scottish Independence so thats why they vote for them. 
They dont have a love for the SNP the way folk on here blindly follow anything UKOK, Union Jack, Great Britain or Westminster.

No, I will vote SNP until we get Indy then we will see who is better to deliver a fairer Scotland that gives AF about the actual people who live here and not the super rich with the sponsered TV & Newspaper mouth pieces we currently have. 

Acolyte???

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Pish. I dont know any. Most who vote SNP understand they are the main driving force that will lead to Scottish Independence so thats why they vote for them. 
They dont have a love for the SNP the way folk on here blindly follow anything UKOK, Union Jack, Great Britain or Westminster.

No, I will vote SNP until we get Indy then we will see who is better to deliver a fairer Scotland that gives AF about the actual people who live here and not the super rich with the sponsered TV & Newspaper mouth pieces we currently have. 

Acolyte???

Follower. 

On 02/11/2020 at 18:59, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are all the SNP acolytes on here totally at ease and comfortable with Humza Yousaf's new Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Bill? 

I'm not at all. I find it deeply concerning, his entire defence of his policy isn't grounded in a seasoned legal background with heaps of experienced legal minds to draw on for support, its entirely his experience as a victim of racist abuse. The guy doesn't have a legal background at all. He's got absolutely no relevant experience to hold such an important post. 

To be clear, I condemn any and all racist abuse (obviously), however, we don't make legislation from purely the victims perspective as it will lead to very one sided blinkered outcomes. This legislation alongside the GRA is entirely unelectable on its own merits, and seems to be a complete liberty take from a party that know they have the effective block vote by virtue of being the only pro independence party.

The constitutional question needs to be answered definitively though. We can't have this issue dragging on any longer. They've got my vote this time, but its the last time the SNP get my vote. Idiots like Yousaf, Spiers and the rest of the NEC have guaranteed that. Its very much a holding my nose and getting it over with. 

What a mess the Nats are in.

The vote at Holyrood is not binding on the Scottish government, although it will increase pressure on ministers to abide by the will of parliament.

Deputy First Minister John Swinney said ministers "always seek to respect the decisions of parliament" and would "consider the implications" of the vote.

The SNP aren't even accountable to Holyrood it would seem 😄.

It was good to see Andrew Neil get that smug git Alyn Smith told at lunchtime.

Free from the shackles of BBC impartiality, Neil could be a formidable pain in the erchie for the Scottish Nicola party

14 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

What a mess the Nats are in.

The vote at Holyrood is not binding on the Scottish government, although it will increase pressure on ministers to abide by the will of parliament.

Deputy First Minister John Swinney said ministers "always seek to respect the decisions of parliament" and would "consider the implications" of the vote.

The SNP aren't even accountable to Holyrood it would seem 😄.

Andrew Neil gave Alyn Smith a proper roasting on tv today.

57 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Free from the shackles of BBC impartiality, Neil could be a formidable pain in the erchie for the Scottish Nicola party

Andrew Neil is good at what he does and ever time I’ve seen him he rips the person apart 

Think that’s why Boris gave him a body swerve last year as he tore apart the other leaders 

1 hour ago, Fun Boaby said:

Any links to that?

43 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Well done Alyn Smith. Neil is a stooge and made a great advert for independence and he knows it. His ignorant, disrespectful ranting is glorious to see for Scots. 

Glaswegians voted for independence so I think I'd trust them over that stooge of the state. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Well done Alyn Smith. Neil is a stooge and made a great advert for independence and he knows it. His ignorant, disrespectful ranting is glorious to see for Scots. 

Glaswegians voted for independence so I think I'd trust them over that stooge of the state. 

How do you figure he's a "stooge"

5 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

How do you figure he's a "stooge"

An opinion based on his anti Scottish ranting over the years. His poor editorial management of newspapers and he's a perfect example of a britnat that chooses items that suits agendas.

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

An opinion based on his anti Scottish ranting over the years. His poor editorial management of newspapers and he's a perfect example of a britnat that chooses items that suits agendas.

Whats he said thats anti-Scottish?

4 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Whats he said thats anti-Scottish?

Glasgow is a city is Scotland or was that a pro Scotland rant? Do you think he's balanced in his views? I've never once heard him talk about his country of birth in positive terms. 

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Glasgow is a city is Scotland or was that a pro Scotland rant? Do you think he's balanced in his views? I've never once heard him talk about his country of birth in positive terms. 

What was anti scottish that he said today? Was he not stating figures?

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

?

I get the impression he doesn't suffer fools of any persuasion and has the knowledge to call them out.  Certainly doesn't make him a stooge.  Quite the opposite. 

No wonder Boris avoided him.  

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

What was anti scottish that he said today? Was he not stating figures?

This chancer is always having a go at Scotland and you can be rest assured if it was governed by the Tories he would be on telling us how wonderful everything is! Only my opinions.

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

This chancer is always having a go at Scotland and you can be rest assured if it was governed by the Tories he would be on telling us how wonderful everything is! Only my opinions.

So what wat was "anti scottish" today??

Is bringing up uncomfortable figures to an SNP politician "anti scotish"? Were the figures he quoted accurate?

Having a go at the SNP and/or their record isn't the same as having a go at Scotland

1 minute ago, Fun Boaby said:

?

I get the impression he doesn't suffer fools of any persuasion and has the knowledge to call them out.  Certainly doesn't make him a stooge.  Quite the opposite. 

No wonder Boris avoided him.  

It's his overall attitude that does my head in. He should be giving politicians a hard time but just comes over as a placeman, hence my comment. Never says anything positive about Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

So what wat was "anti scottish" today??

Is bringing up uncomfortable figures to an SNP politician "anti scotish"? Were the figures he quoted accurate?

It's my interpretation of him today and over the years. What about telling us about Scotland's wealth being squandered just for balance.

It's my interpretation of him today and over the years. What about telling us about Scotland's wealth being squandered just for balance.

Ok.

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Andrew Neil? He's a fat Paisley Grammar Feg. He's the quintessential house jock. 

1 hour ago, Fun Boaby said:

That cuts off before the guy Neil goes on about how Scotland has full charge of education

Just now, Fun Boaby said:

Longer version here

I don't think that Alyn Smith cimes over well on tv, surely the SNP have someone more accomplished?? He was certainly made to look daft today, the figures are a bloody disgrace by the way.

I don't think that Alyn Smith cimes over well on tv, surely the SNP have someone more accomplished?? He was certainly made to look daft today, the figures are a bloody disgrace by the way.

He's a smarmy wee moon face 

Just now, Fun Boaby said:

He's a smarmy wee moon face 

Had a face like a well skelped erse today, torn a new one.

Had a face like a well skelped erse today, torn a new one.

He also wants shot of BAMEs and disabled from the SNP as they hinder independence.

Andrew Neil is spot on. The Education system in Scotland is atrocious compared to what it was and that is entirely down to the SNP tearing apart a good system and making an absolute dugs dinner of it. They need to go, staler than Ghandis flip flops.

manaliveits105

So on teatime news  the Krankies Extreme want next years Scottish Parliamentary elections to have a question in ballot papers and be a mandate to declare independence -  the nick o the snp people the bbc news interviewed in the piece  was embarrassing to say the least

anyhoo Boris still says Naw 

So where was Neil in the 70s, 80’s & early 90’s when folks in the East end of Glasgow where STILL living in condemned buildings whilst tens of £Billions of oil profits were being syphoned away to London to pay for the M25, the Falklands war, Channel tunnel & prop up Maggie destroying Scottish industry etc.? 
Long before the SNP were even on the Radar. Did he complain when Maggie sold off the council housing stock, put thousands of men on the jobs scrapheap or when Labour stopped building council houses? Did he complain? Did he feck!

Indy is now well above 50% in every poll and the unionists like him dont like it. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

So where was Neil in the 70s, 80’s & early 90’s when folks in the East end of Glasgow where STILL living in condemned buildings whilst tens of £Billions of oil profits were being syphoned away to London to pay for the M25, the Falklands war, Channel tunnel & prop up Maggie destroying Scottish industry etc.? 
Long before the SNP were even on the Radar. Did he complain when Maggie sold off the council housing stock, put thousands of men on the jobs scrapheap or when Labour stopped building council houses? Did he complain? Did he feck!

Indy is now well above 50% in every poll and the unionists like him dont like it. 

Cheering her on as editor of The Sunday Times.

10 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

So on teatime news  the Krankies Extreme want next years Scottish Parliamentary elections to have a question in ballot papers and be a mandate to declare independence -  the nick o the snp people the bbc news interviewed in the piece  was embarrassing to say the least

Quite right too, ask the people of Scotland if they want independence, and if they do, declare independence.

**** Boris, the people of Scotland are the only opinion that matters in this.

10 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Are you staying at home. You know, Boris says Naw to go out. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Quite right too, ask the people of Scotland if they want independence, and if they do, declare independence.

**** Boris, the people of Scotland are the only opinion that matters in this.

For what period does the opinion of the people of Scotland matter?

19 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

For what period does the opinion of the people of Scotland matter?

It always matters, but it also changes.

The question was asked, we said no and the correct course was followed.

Time and circumstances have changed massively though, promises made and broken.

The people of Scotland are sovereign even when I don't agree with the consensus.

It's time to ask again - what is the will of the people of Scotland?

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

This is bang on. I seem to recall seeing a video from Andrew Neil from late 70’s or possibly early 80’s telling us how the oil was running out. Was it aye? :lol: And what differences did 50 years of labour make? Glasgow has long been a troubled city with its hard man image. 
Neil does a good job of grilling everyone and he could have someone from every party on back to back and give them all an absolute hiding so getting a bit excited about him giving someone like Smith a going over is white watchable despite me not agreeing with all of it. 
Alyn Smith is a smug tosser though seeing him squirm a bit wasn’t bad at all. 

43 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It always matters, but it also changes.

The question was asked, we said no and the correct course was followed.

Time and circumstances have changed massively though, promises made and broken.

The people of Scotland are sovereign even when I don't agree with the consensus.

It's time to ask again - what is the will of the people of Scotland?

It's absolutely not time to ask again. 

2 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

It's absolutely not time to ask again. 

To their credit, they've never deleted this.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

To their credit, they've never deleted this.

All that means is that an Indy Scotland would have been out of the EU quicker than Brexit. 

Edited by Fun Boaby