Play Off Nightmare

grumpyespana

Just watched the Dundee un game on TV and it had me thinking what if we ended up in the play off and got Inverness Caley, it will be like there cup final with a few ex Hearts players and manager in there ranks if it was me I would be playing out my skin to prove us wrong for getting rid of those players.

They are ex Hearts for a reason and if we failed over two legs then we deserve everything we get it...the only goal right now is to get ourselves up the table into a spot that would allow us entry to the playoff.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

.the only goal right now is to get ourselves up the table into a spot that would allow us entry to the playoff.

There are only 3 points between the bottom 3 with 11 games to play. We are surely aiming higher than a playoff spot

Bazzas right boot

Only Be a "nightmare" due to our fixture clash with the sc final. 

👍

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There are only 3 points between the bottom 3 with 11 games to play. We are surely aiming higher than a playoff spot

One step at a time...we have been attempting to aim higher for a while now...

Get off the bottom first...

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

We can finish in tenth or above. Hold on to that. Needless worrying just now will make you ill.

Of course we can...winning the occasional match would help though...

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

One step at a time...we have been attempting to aim higher for a while now...

Get off the bottom first...

Spot on. We need to get off the bottom of the table ASAP. We desperately need Hamilton to lose tomorrow as we don’t want them to open up a gap. 

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Of course we can...winning the occasional match would help though...

Absolutely, and where better to start than fester rd ?

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

The polite response is we have a lot of shite bags as 'supporters'. 

33 points to play for. 

True.  But many of our players are also shite bags.

16 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Just watched the Dundee un game on TV and it had me thinking what if we ended up in the play off and got Inverness Caley, it will be like there cup final with a few ex Hearts players and manager in there ranks if it was me I would be playing out my skin to prove us wrong for getting rid of those players.

Levein, over two cup matches, managed an 8-0 aggregate win over ICT. Surely we would win a play off against them?

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

👍

:spoton:

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

33 points to play for. 

:spoton:

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

We're not making the play offs. 

Close thread.

By that you mean we finish above 11th I take it.

King Of The Cat Cafe
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

33 points to play for. 

We have taken seven points from the last 33.  Going to need to double that - at least - from the next 33.

Just saying.

1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

We have taken seven points from the last 33.  Going to need to double that - at least - from the next 33.

Just saying.

You're right of course, but we as supporters have to be positive. Negativity from the fans will translate to the team, they have to know we're behind them and they might just give their all. I know from recent performances thats hard to believe, but the noise inside Tynie v sevco was phenomenal and I'm sure it spurred the boys on to that win. We have to be that positive for every game. It looks like my next league game will be the home game v Motherwell on 7th of March, who knows what our situation will be then, but I will be right up for the game and will be screaming myself hoarse to encourage our boys to a win. We have to support our club, if we give up then all is lost. We WILL stay up. !

37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

👍

Correct but we will be miles clear of relegation by then and our sole focus will be the Sunday parade.

Wonder who we'll get in the final?  ICT?

The Championship is shite this season. United are average at best yet miles ahead.

Whoever from the Premiership is in the playoff will stay up.

I only realised this week how tight the championship is after dundee utd. There's a very slight possibility of Arbroath passing us on the way down. 

22 minutes ago, whodanny said:

You're right of course, but we as supporters have to be positive. Negativity from the fans will translate to the team, they have to know we're behind them and they might just give their all. I know from recent performances thats hard to believe, but the noise inside Tynie v sevco was phenomenal and I'm sure it spurred the boys on to that win. We have to be that positive for every game. It looks like my next league game will be the home game v Motherwell on 7th of March, who knows what our situation will be then, but I will be right up for the game and will be screaming myself hoarse to encourage our boys to a win. We have to support our club, if we give up then all is lost. We WILL stay up. !

Great post!

Its what supporting a club is all about. 

Criticism is all well and fine especially when results aren't going our way but we'll continue to turn out in big numbers and hopefully give the team the backing that will help us stay up. The rebuild will take place in the summer.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I only realised this week how tight the championship is after dundee utd. There's a very slight possibility of Arbroath passing us on the way down. 

Imagine us being relegated automatically and arbroath winning the play off. 

8260151447_1015ba9145_b.jpg

5 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Great post!

Its what supporting a club is all about. 

Criticism is all well and fine especially when results aren't going our way but we'll continue to turn out in big numbers and hopefully give the team the backing that will help us stay up. The rebuild will take place in the summer.

I may be naive, but every game I go to I believe we will win. That means I'm often disappointed, but I'm never disillusioned, I believe in our football club, I wouldn't have signed up to FOH if I didn't. Following the Hearts has given me some of the best days of my life. I could never afford to follow the team abroad when we were in Europe, frustratingly, now I can afford that sort of thing, we're not there !. I remember walking along Dalry Road on my way to the Bayern Munich Uefa cup quarter 31 years ago, I was saying to everyone that night, "we can win this !"  We know what happened, and we nearly got the goal in Germany that would take us to a European semi. I believe in Heart of Midlothian, I have to, it's my club.

23 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I may be naive, but every game I go to I believe we will win. That means I'm often disappointed, but I'm never disillusioned, I believe in our football club, I wouldn't have signed up to FOH if I didn't. Following the Hearts has given me some of the best days of my life. I could never afford to follow the team abroad when we were in Europe, frustratingly, now I can afford that sort of thing, we're not there !. I remember walking along Dalry Road on my way to the Bayern Munich Uefa cup quarter 31 years ago, I was saying to everyone that night, "we can win this !"  We know what happened, and we nearly got the goal in Germany that would take us to a European semi. I believe in Heart of Midlothian, I have to, it's my club.

Excellent post. Supporters support the team but I know many who attend every game and do nothing but shout abuse at the players from kick off until full time no matter the scoreline. It never ceases to amaze me. But each to their own as long as they;re paying their funds into the club. 

2 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Excellent post. Supporters support the team but I know many who attend every game and do nothing but shout abuse at the players from kick off until full time no matter the scoreline. It never ceases to amaze me. But each to their own as long as they;re paying their funds into the club. 

If a player is having a 'mare, I don't abuse him but try to shout something like " c'mon Naisy you're better than that" (putting it politely) I don't get on a players back, it'll just make matters worse.

HillmanHearts

Was wondering that too.

In the position we are in and the uncertainty of our actual ability to be able to scrap for points, I think I'm almost getting to the place that I'd take a play off.

Edited by HillmanHearts
Not reading the op properly

15 minutes ago, whodanny said:

If a player is having a 'mare, I don't abuse him but try to shout something like " c'mon Naisy you're better than that" (putting it politely) I don't get on a players back, it'll just make matters worse.

I'm the exact same as you mate, I'd rather shout encouragement but often find myself in the minority and outshouted by those who get up out of their seats to scream abuse instead. Each to their own though I suppose.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, whodanny said:

This in spades.

I may say a quiet FFS, but I would never abuse one of our players.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

33 points to play for. 

How points have we picked up in the last 33 games never mind points..to come out saying the supporters are shite bags us another new level of crazyness on here

alicante jambo

There is one thing for sure there is a lot more interest and excitement this year than the previous years. Remember the last few seasons saying feck this better just finishing the season now. Well lets pit it this way we are no mid table shite the now we are in deep shite. This will be one of the most memorable seasons for a long time good or bad. My prediction is we will do enough to be away from the play offs.Fingers crossed.

7 hours ago, neilnunb said:

The Championship is shite this season. United are average at best yet miles ahead.

Whoever from the Premiership is in the playoff will stay up.

Yet we couldn’t beat United. At home. 
At least if we get a playoff we have a chance of staying up and will have got off the bottom. I would take that right now. 

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Our 5 year plan nightmare.

No, the wee team got out the championship in 3 years mate, not 5.  I realise they're pish but give them credit where it's due.

9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

exactly, some folk are just so doom and gloom.

I,d hate for us to be relegated by Robbo & im sure he would hate that too but ICT are his priority & if he got them up then i would be happy for HIM

WeVe had so many false dawns it’s scary.

Teams like Hamilton ,St Mirren etc know at the start of the season they are in for a fight and prepare accordingly. 
The OP has a valid point , our pampered over rated and over paid players are in for a fright ! 

10 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

it would be our cup final to though!!

9 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Hibs v Hamilton was a play off nightmare.

It was also a Lolocaust

Hobos were 2-0 up from the away leg, Hibz it again, tbh i think we will finish above liedown

and hamilton.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

exactly, some folk are just so doom and gloom.

Just sprayed my Midori all over the keyboard. 

:rofl:

8 hours ago, obua said:

Anyone else thinking we are holding out for a money spinning play off.

Yeah that's it, that was the plan all along! Who needs a top 3/4 finish when we can rake it in in a playoff against ICT or whoever finishes 2nd. 

I posted in December that we could be still bottom well into February. and fans need to stop hitting panic buttons.

We had good performances against Aberdeen then getting a real bonus against Rangers.

unfortunately, as I said back then, we have to learn how to win again,.

Getting ahead at Perth, then shocking 2nd half. deplorable against Ross Co & Killie.

The start against Hamilton last week. enough chances to win the game twice over.

Probably glad it was off last night, I think we need big Toby in the engine room from now on in.

Got to positive folks and try and get that feeling onto the pitch.

we will get through this, but we must make sure our best team is on the park and get winning again.