Kickback, I Married Him

PumpkinJambo

Some of you may remember the Online Dating thread from way back in 2016.  If you don’t, someone had posted asking for advice on online dating and from there it took off into numerous, often hilarious, stories about JKB members’ forays into the world of online dating sites.

Back in late 2016, I was single and bored.  I wasn’t looking for love, on the contrary, I loved the single life, however I decided to take the plunge and sing up to OK Cupid on the back of some very funny stories on the Online Dating thread.  There I met Denis.  We spent hours having in depth conversations and then finally met in real life at Jessie May’s in Gorgie.  The rest is history... He went on a stag weekend and I never heard from him again. 🙄

However, I also started talking to another man.  The rest really is history.  We bought a flat and moved from my beloved Gorgie at Christmas 2018 and last Saturday, 15th February, we got married.  I am writing this from the beautiful hotel we are honeymooning at in Turkey.

So this is just a note to say thank you to Kickback as without you and that thread, I’d never have met my husband and I’d probably still be single and living in a damp flat in Gorgie.  ❤️ 

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Congratulations!

Steak pie skills not up to the first guys standards I presume?

Just about to say the same about the steak pie, classic thread.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, PumpkinJambo said:

Some of you may remember the Online Dating thread from way back in 2016.  If you don’t, someone had posted asking for advice on online dating and from there it took off into numerous, often hilarious, stories about JKB members’ forays into the world of online dating sites.

Back in late 2016, I was single and bored.  I wasn’t looking for love, on the contrary, I loved the single life, however I decided to take the plunge and sing up to OK Cupid on the back of some very funny stories on the Online Dating thread.  There I met Denis.  We spent hours having in depth conversations and then finally met in real life at Jessie May’s in Gorgie.  The rest is history... He went on a stag weekend and I never heard from him again. 🙄

However, I also started talking to another man.  The rest really is history.  We bought a flat and moved from my beloved Gorgie at Christmas 2018 and last Saturday, 15th February, we got married.  I am writing this from the beautiful hotel we are honeymooning at in Turkey.

So this is just a note to say thank you to Kickback as without you and that thread, I’d never have met my husband and I’d probably still be single and living in a damp flat in Gorgie.  ❤️ 

Best wishes to you both Pumpkin.

Салатные палочки

Aaahhh I feel just like Cilla Black. 

Congratulations PumpkinJambo. 

As it transpired I met my current partner a few months after starting that thread. So we will be four years come September and our wee girl will be two years a month before that. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Looking forward to the second thread about this in a few years, “I divorced him”

:smugger:

He loved his team more than me🤮

7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It would be a beautiful bit of poetry if the OP was El Barrio Lady.

More likely to be someone that stood on a fresh poop in a field. 

10 hours ago, PumpkinJambo said:

I hope for the purposes of the honeymoon you are removing the K from your username. ;-)

Congratulations, best wishes to you both. 

6 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

It would be a beautiful bit of poetry if the OP was El Barrio Lady.

Greatest thread in KB history.  Only one that came close was Salad Fingers and his steak pie 😂😂😂.

Congrats PumpkinJambo 👏👏👏

8 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Aaahhh I feel just like Cilla Black. 

Congratulations PumpkinJambo. 

As it transpired I met my current partner a few months after starting that thread. So we will be four years come September and our wee girl will be two years a month before that. 

Delighted for you chief 👍

12 hours ago, PumpkinJambo said:

You fool.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Great stuff pumpkin. 

Can someone post the steak pie story? Never seen that

Someone has bumped it. Ill need to read it myself as it was a while ago but the pie story came from some lassie who invited me to her house for a steak pie dinner after she "catfished" me :laugh2:. Ended up going out with another lass about a week later and ended up in a Celtic pub. I was asked for updates but as the night went on I got progressively more pished and the posts tailed off. But the thread is full of loads of dating stories.